8 hours ago, red3dred said:

As much as the threat of the underaged Rainbow Salad looms over this cursed topic, i will try to explain.
Those helper NPC's seem to have strange code that causes them to not behave like normal NPC's (obviously), which seems to extend to not inheriting the code that transforms them into sex-nodes upon being hit by the bow. You can see them all in the outpost (Which Sexbound modifies to allow receiving damage in, to allow the bow to work in there) and they still are all immune. So what's the problem?

They just can't be transformed, and would likely need to be specifically patched to allow so, but even then, they likely are like the frogs in Swamps, or the Llama vikings. Just an NPC wearing a suit that replaces their body, and interact noises. Even if any of the NPC's were to be transformed, and have a fully fledged "species" under the guise, you'd still not have a Sexbound support for them, and they'd look like a bald human.

It's a Oroboros of problems, where if one thing works, you need to put even more work on another end, and that leads the concern of both moderation and modders, that we shouldn't touch Nuru, to not bring more bad light to the adult modding community.

Ah alright, that's too bad. I would try to whip up something but I'm no good at coding, so if you have some idea on how to patch story npcs could you tell me how? Also, isn't Nuru like 15 years old? Are there actually people out there lewding her ?

Edited by wdefrgthyju
2 hours ago, wdefrgthyju said:

Ah alright, that's too bad. I would try to whip up something but I'm no good at coding, so if you have some idea on how to patch story npcs could you tell me how? Also, isn't Nuru like 15 years old? Are there actually people out there lewding her ?

"17 summers old" i think is the lore bit that sets people off like a car-alarm. And yes, there's plenty of people that got a lot of wood from Nuru. Quite the topic around these parts, where once every 1~2 months, someone asks how to get "Booty Rockin' Nuru" back.

As for patching them, i believe the same patch used in "base.npctype.patch" within Sexbound would be required for the Story NPC types.

2 hours ago, lelr said:

so I'm trying to get the pregnancy plugin to work but I cant see what's wrong it is turned on in the config to my knowledge I'm probably just being blind but if anyone could help that would be great

Try removing the Mechineki Support, and if that works, you can re-obtain it (I assume it has updated) so it won't cause any more problems.

2 hours ago, xkonx1231 said:

is nudity enhanced compatible with sexbound?

Completely separate: Sexbound animations are unaffected by reskin mods, only the head images are carried over. Short version: Should be compatible.

15 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Try removing the Mechineki Support, and if that works, you can re-obtain it (I assume it has updated) so it won't cause any more problems.

so it was mechaneki but they haven't fixed it yet meaning it doesn't work with the mod fully right now

6 hours ago, maxallen said:

the .ZIP version doesn't work. instant crash. the .pak version works though. I'm using vortex mod manager if that helps.

I recommend against using Vortex because it's old and meant to be used with Nexus mods AFAIK. I have heard from nobody thus far that it actually works for managing local Starbound mods, and instead got several reports of the opposite =V

That said, yes, the PAK version should always work. The ZIP needs to be extracted into it's own folder inside of the mods folder for the game, obeying the rule of "No nested folders" (Mods/Sexbound/Sexbound is a no-no) and do not drop all the files loosely into the mods folder either. I assume at least one of those two is exactly what Vortex is doing.

So I've been trying to get the mods to work, I've got them in the folder, yet some just refuse to load up or work at all. I can't get anything going in game at all and I'm just completely lost. Things like Lustbound, the patchers for it, Sexbound all show as loaded in the little mod tab, but other things like the Aphrodites bow, or Teratophillia or whatever won't show up no matter how I put it in.

I used vortex for this a long time ago and it worked perfectly fine back then, I'm trying it here and some won't work, so now I'm trying Manual and I for the life of me have no idea how to get this to work.

42 minutes ago, F34RR34P3R said:

So I've been trying to get the mods to work, I've got them in the folder, yet some just refuse to load up or work at all. I can't get anything going in game at all and I'm just completely lost. Things like Lustbound, the patchers for it, Sexbound all show as loaded in the little mod tab, but other things like the Aphrodites bow, or Teratophillia or whatever won't show up no matter how I put it in.

I used vortex for this a long time ago and it worked perfectly fine back then, I'm trying it here and some won't work, so now I'm trying Manual and I for the life of me have no idea how to get this to work.

Okay so, first things first:
Lustbound generally doesn't work... well. It will count as installed but won't fully work as far as i tested.
Secondly, to understand installing mods manually, you simply need to:

Spoiler
  1.  Find the Starbound mods folder. Starbound should just have a folder called "Mods" inside it's game files. Things go there.
  2. Figure out what you're trying to install. PAK mods aren't ZIP files or compacted things you need to crack open. They just get tossed into the mods folder and that's it. No more needs to be done
  3. Figure out if your folder is installed correctly; Folder mods are bit more tricky since you have to use WinRAR for the sake of sharing folder mods, but each person clicks a different thing between "extract here" and "extract into <folder named like the ZIP>". They also all need to be in their own folder, and never insert a mod inside another mod's folder.
    I have this little copy-pasta for explaining such;
    On 4/22/2020 at 9:23 PM, red3dred said:

Even better, wippersnappers, it sounds like someone extracted their mod, and installed it, incorrectly. Lemme dig through several hundred images in my LL account real quick...

Ah, here;
    image.png

These files should not be in the mods folder. They should also not be inside a folder, that is inside another folder. It requires specifically to be:

>/mods/Sexbound/ (These files)

NOT

>/mods/ (These files)

NOR

>/mods/Sexbound/Sexbound/ (These files)

Now i'll take the opportunity to save the above as a quotable link since it's a answer i often gotta post =V

The example above is not JUST for Sexbound, it's for ANY and ALL "folder" mods.

And that should be all. Manually installing mods isn't hard, but that depends on hard you make it for yourself. Most people who make mods have at least once, forgotten to remove a mod because they didn't see it in their own Mods folder :pensive:

Downloading the last version of the mod seems to break it for me.

All animations don't work and you turn invisible as soon as you touch any SxB node
(I have made a backup before updating, and going back to the version I was using fixes it, but i'd like to be using the updated version instead)

In this log I have joined my world, tested the Generic DIldo (which even the item itself is invisible) and tested the GFY mod, which turns you invislble when interacting with it.

Here is my list of mods and the .log file
(if this has been answered before I apologize)

image.png.f66927abfc66c69b4d7aa72023b6a679.png

starbound.log

7 hours ago, Baiel said:

All animations don't work and you turn invisible as soon as you touch any SxB node
(I have made a backup before updating, and going back to the version I was using fixes it, but i'd like to be using the updated version instead)

In this log I have joined my world, tested the Generic DIldo (which even the item itself is invisible) and tested the GFY mod, which turns you invislble when interacting with it.

Oh no... No... not again!

Spoiler

image.png.5fc82cce7f26f03d5282d8b6378488ea.png

If you didn't get my dumbass response, "Sexbound Futanari" has been outdated almost ever since it came out, and it WILL, 100% cause issues.

That said, i dont see any other bad issue mods, only concern is your "Files" folder is getting loaded. If this is not intended, take it out of the Mods folder, as it'll load any folder put in there.

13 hours ago, red3dred said:

Okay so, first things first:
Lustbound generally doesn't work... well. It will count as installed but won't fully work as far as i tested.
Secondly, to understand installing mods manually, you simply need to:

Hide contents
  1.  Find the Starbound mods folder. Starbound should just have a folder called "Mods" inside it's game files. Things go there.
  2. Figure out what you're trying to install. PAK mods aren't ZIP files or compacted things you need to crack open. They just get tossed into the mods folder and that's it. No more needs to be done
  3. Figure out if your folder is installed correctly; Folder mods are bit more tricky since you have to use WinRAR for the sake of sharing folder mods, but each person clicks a different thing between "extract here" and "extract into <folder named like the ZIP>". They also all need to be in their own folder, and never insert a mod inside another mod's folder.
    I have this little copy-pasta for explaining such; The example above is not JUST for Sexbound, it's for ANY and ALL "folder" mods.

And that should be all. Manually installing mods isn't hard, but that depends on hard you make it for yourself. Most people who make mods have at least once, forgotten to remove a mod because they didn't see it in their own Mods folder :pensive:

Yeah, I'm a dumbass. Been over 2 years since I've tried anything with mods again so I had completely forgotten how everything worked. Thanks, will work on it again an update if it still doesn't work right. ^^

9 hours ago, Baiel said:

image.png.f66927abfc66c69b4d7aa72023b6a679.png

starbound.log 40.49 kB · 0 downloads

I would also like to point out that GFY has been updated to 3.2.0, so you may want to update that

I don't know if somebody asked this before, i couldn't find it, but for some reason Sxb doesn't see dialog .config files in modded races support addons. My kitsune character was saying some default phrases and if i make this species skipMergeDefaultDialog, then my character says nothing.

At first i thought it was because of some incompatibilities (i had 185 mods installed), so i removed all of them and left only these four, but result was the same.

dfsf.png.aaa35d1c4ebc7726c032d2770c2431ce.png

starbound.log

I thought that i did something wrong when added kitsune dialogs and tried to test it with other races mods like Mollopod and Gamayun, but it seems like dialogs don't work with modded species at all.

Now i assume it's because of latest version of Sxb (I'm using 5.12.1).

So, the question is: if reason is the new version of Sexbound, then where can i download earlier versions of it?

16 hours ago, red3dred said:

Oh no... No... not again!

Hide contents

image.png.5fc82cce7f26f03d5282d8b6378488ea.png

If you didn't get my dumbass response, "Sexbound Futanari" has been outdated almost ever since it came out, and it WILL, 100% cause issues.

That said, i dont see any other bad issue mods, only concern is your "Files" folder is getting loaded. If this is not intended, take it out of the Mods folder, as it'll load any folder put in there.

Lmao thank you! And again sorry if this has been already answered before. I could've looked more for it.

Appreciate you always offering support in here, you're awesome. It worked and the updated version now works fine!

Also, this is another thing i'm very confused about.

Everything marked in red doesn't seem to do anything during scenes. the only button that really works there is the one to remove/add the head cosmetic, but all the other ones I have not found a use for them yet nor do I know if they're working how they're intended to.

I haven't been able to find any guides to what the buttons do anywhere, and the icons don't make it very obvious what they do.
I hope i'm not being just completely dumb here, but neither the FAQ or the Customization item in game explains anything

image_2022-02-24_064150.png

5 hours ago, Baiel said:

Also, this is another thing i'm very confused about.

Everything marked in red doesn't seem to do anything during scenes. the only button that really works there is the one to remove/add the head cosmetic, but all the other ones I have not found a use for them yet nor do I know if they're working how they're intended to.

I haven't been able to find any guides to what the buttons do anywhere, and the icons don't make it very obvious what they do.
I hope i'm not being just completely dumb here, but neither the FAQ or the Customization item in game explains anything

image_2022-02-24_064150.png

Then lemme explain those real quick. Same as the head cosmetic button, the other buttons are supposed to toggle the other wearables, that said, very few wearables are supported, so the buttons will feel like they do nothing. The side buttons are supposed to alter what variant of the clothing item is being shown. Clothing items can apparently support alts, but i only ever seen it used in the protectorate armor set during Locuturus's patreon content.
The two-circles going into each-other is another now-unusable feature (sorta). If both meters between the button are full, they'll trigger a special climax animation called "mega-climax" i think was it's name... But since NPC's climax on their own by default, only two players can do this, unless you change the settings.

8 hours ago, Someone udk said:

I don't know if somebody asked this before, i couldn't find it, but for some reason Sxb doesn't see dialog .config files in modded races support addons. My kitsune character was saying some default phrases and if i make this species skipMergeDefaultDialog, then my character says nothing.

At first i thought it was because of some incompatibilities (i had 185 mods installed), so i removed all of them and left only these four, but result was the same.

I thought that i did something wrong when added kitsune dialogs and tried to test it with other races mods like Mollopod and Gamayun, but it seems like dialogs don't work with modded species at all.

Now i assume it's because of latest version of Sxb (I'm using 5.12.1).

So, the question is: if reason is the new version of Sexbound, then where can i download earlier versions of it?

I've been trying to write a post showcasing how i did it with the Avali support and how it does work, and showcase some of the examples, but LoversLab's post editor sucks a bit too much and has been deleting my entire post every time i press Ctrl-Z, which is making it hard to ignore a reflex to press it, and write the whole post without touching that button, and poof, post gone.

Pardon my rant, but i tried to help and the forums proved it difficult. Just be sure that you are following the right path when inserting dialogues into the support;

image.png.fd316641eed5f8e67b369c1bc87b218d.png

and it is named like (<species name><gender>.config).

22 hours ago, red3dred said:

I've been trying to write a post showcasing how i did it with the Avali support and how it does work, and showcase some of the examples, but LoversLab's post editor sucks a bit too much and has been deleting my entire post every time i press Ctrl-Z, which is making it hard to ignore a reflex to press it, and write the whole post without touching that button, and poof, post gone.

Pardon my rant, but i tried to help and the forums proved it difficult. Just be sure that you are following the right path when inserting dialogues into the support;

image.png.fd316641eed5f8e67b369c1bc87b218d.png

and it is named like (<species name><gender>.config).

Oh my god, i just looked at how Avali support mod works and realized what was wrong. My problem was in config.patch files in the positions folder. Now i fixed all paths like this:

sssss.png.6be4d105ec99831c6ebc21c92ebb9820.png

(For the reference, they were piled up in positions folder)

And now all dialogs work like a charm, so thanks for your help!

Is there a way to have a unique file location for each species' artwork? I've been tinkering with the mod and might have changed it beyond repair, I put the artwork files in different locations for easier editing but now they are all in separate places. I suck at scripting but I've tried a few options only to end up with invisible nodes, here are some attempts at editing:

/**
     * The default artwork file paths can be overridden for all actors.
     */
    "defaultArtwork": {
      "armBack": "/artwork/<entityGroup>/<role>/<species>/arm_back.png",
      "armFront": "/artwork/<entityGroup>/<role>/<species>/arm_front.png",
      "body": {
   "default" : {
        "default" : [
    "/filelocation/body_<gender>.png"
      ]
    },
   "apex" : {
      ]
    },
   "avian" : {

] (so forth)

/**
     * The default artwork file paths can be overridden for all actors.
     */
    "defaultArtwork": {
 "apex" : {
      "armBack": "/filelocation/arm_back.png",
      "armFront": "/filelocation/arm_front.png",
      "body": "/filelocation/body_<gender>.png",
      "emote": "/filelocation/emote.png",
      "head": "/filelocation/head_<gender>.png",
      "groinGenital": "/filelocation/groin_genital.png",
      "groinGenitalPregnancy": "/filelocation/groin_genpreg.png",
      "groinPregnancy": "/filelocation/groin_pregnant.png",
      "maskGroinGenital": "/filelocation/groin_genital_mask.png",
      "maskGroinGenitalPregnancy": "/filelocation/groin_genpreg_mask.png",
      "maskGroinPregnancy": "/filelocation/groin_pregnant_mask.png"
      ]
    },
 "avian" : {
      "armBack": "/filelocation/arm_back.png",
      "armFront": "/filelocation/arm_front.png",
      "body": "/filelocation/body_<gender>.png",
      "emote": "/filelocation/emote.png",
      "head": "/filelocation/head_<gender>.png",
      "groinGenital": "/filelocation/groin_genital.png",
      "groinGenitalPregnancy": "/filelocation/groin_genpreg.png",
      "groinPregnancy": "/filelocation/groin_pregnant.png",
      "maskGroinGenital": "/filelocation/groin_genital_mask.png",
      "maskGroinGenitalPregnancy": "/filelocation/groin_genpreg_mask.png",
      "maskGroinPregnancy": "/filelocation/groin_pregnant_mask.png"
      ]

}, (so forth)

I wouldn't be surprised if this has been asked before, but I don't have the patience or willpower to carefully scroll through 125 pages of comments right now. Sorry.

Anyways, is it possible to uninstall the .pak version and install the .src version without breaking my characters? If so is there a guide on how to do so somewhere? 

Thank you in advance!

5 hours ago, Reddarkness15 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if this has been asked before, but I don't have the patience or willpower to carefully scroll through 125 pages of comments right now. Sorry.

Anyways, is it possible to uninstall the .pak version and install the .src version without breaking my characters? If so is there a guide on how to do so somewhere? 

Thank you in advance!

Well, yes. Just install the Source version as a single folder, and remove the pak. Not much else to it. If you know how to properly install folder mods, then it should be no problem. Otherwise, the only rules really are: It cannot be inside a nested folder, and cannot be loose files in the mods folder.

5 hours ago, wdefrgthyju said:

Is there a way to have a unique file location for each species' artwork? I've been tinkering with the mod and might have changed it beyond repair, I put the artwork files in different locations for easier editing but now they are all in separate places. I suck at scripting but I've tried a few options only to end up with invisible nodes, here are some attempts at editing, (so forth)

Such thing, as far as i know, is not currently possible, and you'd need to script your own plugins/edit existing ones for that to be recognized... I mean, that sounds like a bit of overcomplication. There's a standard for a good reason, doing what you're trying to do would just mean breaking the mold because you don't remember where to put things. Loc could probably program in a exception, but... why? Do you really need all the support images to be scattered?

The initial (Default) path being >"artwork/<entityType>/<actor role>/<species>/files", and the gaps are filled in with the character data, turning it for instance, for a avian in a dominant position, something like >"artwork/humanoid/actor1/avian/body_gender.png" and arms and such. Throwing the same files in >"avian/artwork/actor1" would just be confusing and not necessary in 99.9% of cases...

Sorry i maybe ranting on your request, i just don't see why. The point, of why you'd want that. Scratching my head, hoping i didn't offend.

Edited by red3dred

I recently tried to color sxb supported clothes with dye and noticed something. Everything was fine with vanilla dyes, but when i tried to color peacekeeper shirt with Green's Dye Suite 1.7 mod dyes, it didn't work properly. Well, i expected that, it was pretty obvious, but for some reason it works with other clothes such as legwear, back items and hats as you can see here:

20220228154517_1.jpg.c15ebc722e5c2f806cb6187eb36cdaac.jpg

It's not much of a problem for me, i have enough vanilla dyes. I just wonder if chest clothes are using different mechanics for color changing than the rest of clothes?

Edited by Someone udk
8 hours ago, Someone udk said:

I recently tried to color sxb supported clothes with dye and noticed something. Everything was fine with vanilla dyes, but when i tried to color peacekeeper shirt with Green's Dye Suite 1.7 mod dyes, it didn't work properly. Well, i expected that, it was pretty obvious, but for some reason it works with other clothes such as legwear, back items and hats as you can see here:

20220228154517_1.jpg.c15ebc722e5c2f806cb6187eb36cdaac.jpg

It's not much of a problem for me, i have enough vanilla dyes. I just wonder if chest clothes are using different mechanics for color changing than the rest of clothes?

I'm not entirely sure how Green's dye suite does it, but i don't remember having issues with this kind of thing with, let's say, Eiko's Hound Co. dyes. Perhaps they have either an intentional incompatibility, or simply just don't get caught by the Sexbound directive parser. It's good to know that they don't work together tho, thanks for the pointer.

Edited by red3dred
Derpa derp derp, fix me derps