Having issues with most of the compatibility patches for races not working and showing a bald human instead during sex. The race patches I have that do work are Protogen and Avali and pretty much everything else does not. They are all put in the mods folder as a .pak or as an unzipped folder. Using latest Sexbound version. Is it possible the patches are outdated? Or could it be that I have FU installed which is messing some stuff up?

51 minutes ago, RandomModificatiomer21 said:

I want to use the POV mod, and I've got everything working so far. My only problem is that all of the Floran files seem to have vanished, and so have humans for poses 1 and 2. I'm not entirely sure where to look or who to ask for those, but I was hoping I'd find them somewhere. Thanks in advance

I've linked it in the past but i'll link it again.

starbound-sexbound-pov-3.0.0.src.zip

26 minutes ago, Bobmarker said:

Having issues with most of the compatibility patches for races not working and showing a bald human instead during sex. The race patches I have that do work are Protogen and Avali and pretty much everything else does not. They are all put in the mods folder as a .pak or as an unzipped folder. Using latest Sexbound version. Is it possible the patches are outdated? Or could it be that I have FU installed which is messing some stuff up?

Normally, if something breaks because of FU, no supports work. Would you mind sharing a log, and checking if the folders in question are inside another folder, by chance? There's a few specifications of using unpacked mods, which is why it's recommended using PAK files over not, still, you mention some being installed as PAKs and still not working, so i can't troubleshoot those without a log.

16 minutes ago, red3dred said:

starbound-sexbound-pov-3.0.0.src.zip 194.37 kB · 0 downloads

Normally, if something breaks because of FU, no supports work. Would you mind sharing a log, and checking if the folders in question are inside another folder, by chance? There's a few specifications of using unpacked mods, which is why it's recommended using PAK files over not, still, you mention some being installed as PAKs and still not working, so i can't troubleshoot those without a log.

The folders inside the folders are just the anim, object, item etc folders. Here's a log.

starbound.log

35 minutes ago, Bobmarker said:

The folders inside the folders are just the anim, object, item etc folders. Here's a log.

Oddly enough, all files in the mods folder are being properly loaded it seems, what races have you tried? All furry race supports are here, albeit...
image.png.ac29069b487de700f9b1ef0d42a7c1d6.png

Some things don't seem right...

Do try and list the races and what issues you've had with them, as it Looks like everything is properly working, but i only see half a dozen supports and tons of workshop mods.

Edited by red3dred
54 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Oddly enough, all files in the mods folder are being properly loaded it seems, what races have you tried? All furry race supports are here, albeit...
image.png.ac29069b487de700f9b1ef0d42a7c1d6.png

Some things don't seem right...

Do try and list the races and what issues you've had with them, as it Looks like everything is properly working, but i only see half a dozen supports and tons of workshop mods.

The races that don't work are: Lombax, Lucario (nude reskin doesn't work either), Zoroark is headless, Eevee is headless, Espeon is headless, Braixen. I'm using the "remade" Zoroark, Eevee and Espeon race from here. Draconis didn't work at first but I removed some mods and then it did.

Edited by Bobmarker
1 hour ago, Bobmarker said:

The races that don't work are: Lombax, Lucario (nude reskin doesn't work either), Zoroark is headless, Eevee is headless, Espeon is headless, Braixen. I'm using the "remade" Zoroark, Eevee and Espeon race from here. Draconis didn't work at first but I removed some mods and then it did.

Lombax got changed and thus doesn't work anymore, Lucario... should work? You can always ping @Zancuno and ask if that's right. Eevee, Zoroark, Espeon and Braixen i think may need to be updated/fixed, and Draconis, yeah you got it at least.

Sadly, the "throw-away" races as i call it, are when someone makes the race body sprites, maybe a couple clothes, and then call it a day, sometimes not even changing the names in the code (like "myfirsttest") so those you may need to either wrangle some coder or learn how to poke it yourself, as they're not continued AFAIK, this is for the "Espeon", "Zoroark", "Pikachu" etc. I think the Eevees though maybe supported via Galaxy Foxes, if you need an alternative.

4 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Lombax got changed and thus doesn't work anymore, Lucario... should work? You can always ping @Zancuno and ask if that's right. Eevee, Zoroark, Espeon and Braixen i think may need to be updated/fixed, and Draconis, yeah you got it at least.

Sadly, the "throw-away" races as i call it, are when someone makes the race body sprites, maybe a couple clothes, and then call it a day, sometimes not even changing the names in the code (like "myfirsttest") so those you may need to either wrangle some coder or learn how to poke it yourself, as they're not continued AFAIK, this is for the "Espeon", "Zoroark", "Pikachu" etc. I think the Eevees though maybe supported via Galaxy Foxes, if you need an alternative.

Ah ok, thank you.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

I wasn't even aware the lucario had a nude re-skin. Although I can look into this. I thought I future proofed the lucario having more modern files than most race supports. I'll have to run some tests and see what comes up.

1 hour ago, Bobmarker said:

Ah ok, thank you.

Where did you get the re-skin at? The lucario sprites are very delicate and I probably need to be sure they can work properly.

Edit: I do not see the lucario SxB support mod in your listed mods in the log. They might not be working because the support is missing.
Although still, that nude re-skin... I need to see that to make sure it's set up right.

Edited by Zancuno
5 hours ago, red3dred said:

starbound-sexbound-pov-3.0.0.src.zip 194.37 kB · 3 downloads

thanks a lot!

4 hours ago, Zancuno said:

I wasn't even aware the lucario had a nude re-skin. Although I can look into this. I thought I future proofed the lucario having more modern files than most race supports. I'll have to run some tests and see what comes up.

Where did you get the re-skin at? The lucario sprites are very delicate and I probably need to be sure they can work properly.

Edit: I do not see the lucario SxB support mod in your listed mods in the log. They might not be working because the support is missing.
Although still, that nude re-skin... I need to see that to make sure it's set up right.

Oops, thought I downloaded that already. Here's the nude edit I found: https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5805-lucario-race-nude-edit/

Just now, ant_9484 said:

apple

Spoiler

Grayscale Apple With A Question Mark. Stock Photo, Picture And Royalty Free  Image. Image 384480.

why am i making this comment? im board as hell

There you go.

On 3/17/2022 at 5:05 AM, thebuzzer2 said:

im having trouble getting the POV to work any tips for how or where to put the files would be appreciated.

Install the mod's **folder** extracted from the ZIP file into the Mods folder of the game, make sure it is not nested inside another folder (<Mods Folder>/PoV Folder/PoV Folder), and that should be fine. I can go more in-depth but hopefully that's enough to guide you there.

Just now, DragonTom005 said:

i noticed that in the mod file, it says "Changed Players to give birth to an NPC of type crewmember by default."

I don't suppose there's a simple way to modify the default NPCs that give birth so they're not always a Crewmate by default?

Simple? Not really. But doable nonetheless. Really should be a part of a config, honestly.

19 minutes ago, DragonTom005 said:

Funny you say that cause i thought maybe it was. hah, well that saves me time to search for it

Yeah it's baked into a script, sadly. It's part of the "common pregnancy" code in "Sexbound/scripts/sexbound/override/common/pregnant.lua":

image.png.ce1a60dad9f66e319a4f2b576a03f159.png

As you can see, my program (Notepad++) highlights things, making it clear that the "default" NPC Type is "crewmembersexbound". You can change that here, or write a "random picker" for it, that's how you'd change that.

9 hours ago, red3dred said:

Yeah it's baked into a script, sadly. It's part of the "common pregnancy" code in "Sexbound/scripts/sexbound/override/common/pregnant.lua":

image.png.ce1a60dad9f66e319a4f2b576a03f159.png

As you can see, my program (Notepad++) highlights things, making it clear that the "default" NPC Type is "crewmembersexbound". You can change that here, or write a "random picker" for it, that's how you'd change that.

oh! so you're saying if i just made it, for example... villager, that would work? 

3 hours ago, DragonTom005 said:

oh! so you're saying if i just made it, for example... villager, that would work? 

Indeed, if it's a valid NPC Type, then it should work.

Given, it's still overridden by the entries below:
Monsters giving birth to humanoids will birth villagers (For some reason?)
And NPCs giving birth will try to duplicate their own NPC-Type.
That setting only really affects player births.

On 3/25/2022 at 8:51 PM, red3dred said:

Indeed, if it's a valid NPC Type, then it should work.

Given, it's still overridden by the entries below:
Monsters giving birth to humanoids will birth villagers (For some reason?)
And NPCs giving birth will try to duplicate their own NPC-Type.
That setting only really affects player births.

neat, i'll have to try that then and i'll leave an update when i do, to see how it goes

Edited by DragonTom005

wondering if the game supports multiplayer modded species pregnancies. been playing a lot with a friend and we always fuck at the end of our playtime. We both are using Neko alternate with the species addon installed too. its been about a week and we still haven't had a successful pregnancy. No now I've wondered is the species can even get pregnant. if they can and something is bugging I would need some help.

3 hours ago, MiaRailguner said:

wondering if the game supports multiplayer modded species pregnancies. been playing a lot with a friend and we always fuck at the end of our playtime. We both are using Neko alternate with the species addon installed too. its been about a week and we still haven't had a successful pregnancy. No now I've wondered is the species can even get pregnant. if they can and something is bugging I would need some help.

Several things. Neki support, if you got the earlier versions, it disabled pregnancy, among a few other features. If you have that older version, i'd recommend giving it a update, seeing if the file size is different. If you don't have the Neki support, gonna ask a few simple questions:
Did you use the climax/cum function?
Did any of you two get a notification of any impregnation?
Did you set the "pregnancy fetish" (The visibility of the pregnant belly) to true in the configs?
Did you disable "OS time for pregnancies"? (Days for pregnancies will be counted in real-life days if enabled)
And finally, did you or your friend die during gameplay?

A question here, I am using the Shoggoth player mod and Sexbound support patch, however after roughly 27 hours of play on the character, all sexbound related things for my character has stopped working, upon making a new Shoggoth character it works for them, is there perhaps any known bugs that I may of encountered and any possible fix without having to start all over? I have installed no new mods since starting the character as well, so I'm sure it has to be something pre-existing. I have tried searching the pages, yet for some reason Loverslab has decided to hate me today and just shows no results no matter what I search. (Even searching sexbound in it's own topic doesn't show anything, pain, but that is something I can just work around-)