4 hours ago, red3dred said:

Yeah i've noticed that, and i've yet to figure it out. Couldn't find a specific error in the log for it, and fun fact, after being turned into a sex-node, they'll return to working normally. I wonder why that NPC in particular...

Maybe their just a little horny

well, stuff began to not work for me for no reason mid play and now they just don't work. I become invisible and the node guy just stands as is... I tried only running sexbound with aphrodite's bow to test and nothing worked. Any way to solve this?

i think it was caused by armor adapt mod (not sure)

Edited by EaglePhntm
On 10/5/2021 at 10:41 PM, RenaTheAvali said:

This is a module that can be toggled off in the customizable variant of the mod. But... Most of the newer versions of the mod currently are having problems in areas. So, I'd suggest that, if you really wanna use this mod, either find someone who has a working version of the mod that is older, but works for sure, or wait till the mod is updated to a state where the current problems are completely gone and not in the way of things.

Course, I'm only merely a user, but... tis just my suggestion. (As I mostly just chill in this forum 24/7 to help those in need of help whenever I notice such.)

that didnt really address anything i mentioned

1 hour ago, nameless192 said:

that didnt really address anything i mentioned

You asked about if the dialogue boxes that pop up during the sex scenes can be turned off. And they can, but require the zip version of the mod to access the configs, since it's not something that you can toggle ingame. And never will be, I think there are hard coded limitations possibly when it comes to all of that to where you can't quite modify a mod in starbound whilst in the game. Even if it's just configs for the mod.

7 hours ago, EaglePhntm said:

well, stuff began to not work for me for no reason mid play and now they just don't work. I become invisible and the node guy just stands as is... I tried only running sexbound with aphrodite's bow to test and nothing worked. Any way to solve this?

I find that hard to believe, but feel free to shoot us a log. You know the drill?

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

5 hours ago, RenaTheAvali said:

You asked about if the dialogue boxes that pop up during the sex scenes can be turned off. And they can, but require the zip version of the mod to access the configs, since it's not something that you can toggle ingame. And never will be, I think there are hard coded limitations possibly when it comes to all of that to where you can't quite modify a mod in starbound whilst in the game. Even if it's just configs for the mod.

You can, personally, modifiy the config during run-time, and so long as you don't make a mistake and the code is recognize as valid, it'll update in a bit (But only on newly made Sex-nodes).

It's not so much a hard-coded limitation of the modding stuff, as it is with the game. "Sandboxing" doesn't just refer to the fact you're free of the burden of an objective and can do whatever you want, it's also a concept of modding that prevents the game's content from messing with your computer's files. By that definition. we can't modify the player character after it's made, in a permanent way, and we cannot mess with existing mod files from in-game.

I understand the devs probably didn't mean to make it a pain for people to implement such things, but after seeing a lot of the open loopholes and security flaws in the game, it's good that the griefers and ass-hat modders can't somehow download 1000 copies of Rick Roll to your computer with a status effect.

37 minutes ago, red3dred said:

I find that hard to believe, but feel free to shoot us a log. You know the drill?

You can, personally, modifiy the config during run-time, and so long as you don't make a mistake and the code is recognize as valid, it'll update in a bit (But only on newly made Sex-nodes).

It's not so much a hard-coded limitation of the modding stuff, as it is with the game. "Sandboxing" doesn't just refer to the fact you're free of the burden of an objective and can do whatever you want, it's also a concept of modding that prevents the game's content from messing with your computer's files. By that definition. we can't modify the player character after it's made, in a permanent way, and we cannot mess with existing mod files from in-game.

I understand the devs probably didn't mean to make it a pain for people to implement such things, but after seeing a lot of the open loopholes and security flaws in the game, it's good that the griefers and ass-hat modders can't somehow download 1000 copies of Rick Roll to your computer with a status effect.

well it began working once i removed that mod so i guess, but i dont wanna risk breaking stuff again so i wont enable it again to get a log i guess.

So I went in and changed a couple options, only the true and false, but every time I try to open Starbound, I get a fatal error message and I was wondering if anyone knows how to make it work? I had to delete my whole mod list and then put them back in to get the game to work.

Edited by Madsimmer666
6 hours ago, Madsimmer666 said:

So I went in and changed a couple options, only the true and false, but every time I try to open Starbound, I get a fatal error message and I was wondering if anyone knows how to make it work? I had to delete my whole mod list and then put them back in to get the game to work.

Can't help without logs.

On 10/9/2021 at 6:52 PM, red3dred said:

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

If you want help to figure out what went wrong, then please provide the log file that would have had the full set of errors and whatnot in it.

2 hours ago, Madsimmer666 said:

starbound.log Thank you. Next time I will know what I am looking for. 

Something is definitely broken in your install; try to follow this guide:

On 4/22/2020 at 9:23 PM, red3dred said:

Even better, wippersnappers, it sounds like someone extracted their mod, and installed it, incorrectly. Lemme dig through several hundred images in my LL account real quick...

Ah, here;
image.png

These files should not be in the mods folder. They should also not be inside a folder, that is inside another folder. It requires specifically to be:

>/mods/Sexbound/ (These files)

NOT

>/mods/ (These files)

NOR

>/mods/Sexbound/Sexbound/ (These files)

Now i'll take the opportunity to save the above as a quotable link since it's a answer i often gotta post =V

Since i can already tell you have a "player.config.patch" file inside of your mods folder, it seems your install is faulty, and it also mentions some file being defective.

5 hours ago, red3dred said:

Something is definitely broken in your install; try to follow this guide:

Since i can already tell you have a "player.config.patch" file inside of your mods folder, it seems your install is faulty, and it also mentions some file being defective.

The mod works great. It's just for some reason, the game crashes and wont load after I go into the mod folder and change true or false on any mod.

Edited by Madsimmer666
4 hours ago, Madsimmer666 said:

The mod works great. It's just for some reason, the game crashes and wont load after I go into the mod folder and change true or false on any mod.

... wait...

... I go into the mod folder and change true or false on any mod.

... y...

... on any mod.

... are you... editing the .PAK files? I mentioned there are files loose in your mods folder that should not be there, and i asked you revise if the mod is installed correctly, but you mention a "folder", but also "any mod". I confused and uncertain. Please tell me you aren't editing the PAK file...

2 hours ago, red3dred said:

... wait...

... y...

... are you... editing the .PAK files? I mentioned there are files loose in your mods folder that should not be there, and i asked you revise if the mod is installed correctly, but you mention a "folder", but also "any mod". I confused and uncertain. Please tell me you aren't editing the PAK file...

I downloaded the .zip files for any I wanted to change. I have .pak files, but I don't mess with those.starbound.log.1 So I redid and put the mod where it said to, but now my game wont even open.

Edited by Madsimmer666
2 hours ago, Madsimmer666 said:

I downloaded the .zip files for any I wanted to change. I have .pak files, but I don't mess with those.starbound.log.1 So I redid and put the mod where it said to, but now my game wont even open.

Apparently your now missing a dependency for whatever Scorsheep is for it to function. AKA lox_sexbound. Which is bizarre, and is something I've not seen before personally.

1 hour ago, Timtee-CVHN said:

Apparently your now missing a dependency for whatever Scorsheep is for it to function. AKA lox_sexbound. Which is bizarre, and is something I've not seen before personally.

Doesn't surprise me. For some reason that's how it normally goes for me. I am reinstalling everything and if I can't get the .zip file to work, I am just gonna go back to the .pak. I just really don't like waiting 6 real days to have the kid and wanted to change just a couple more of the pregnancy options. But thank you and red3dred very much!! If I can somehow figure it out I will post so if someone else is unlucky to have the same issue, they don't have to fight with it as much as I have lol.

Edit: Ya, it wont work. I got rid of every mod except some from steam and retried but for some reason the .zip file will not work. starbound.log.3That is the file with just sexbound, race mods and I believe the eStyle faces. 

Edited by Madsimmer666
1 hour ago, Madsimmer666 said:

Doesn't surprise me. For some reason that's how it normally goes for me. I am reinstalling everything and if I can't get the .zip file to work, I am just gonna go back to the .pak. I just really don't like waiting 6 real days to have the kid and wanted to change just a couple more of the pregnancy options. But thank you and red3dred very much!! If I can somehow figure it out I will post so if someone else is unlucky to have the same issue, they don't have to fight with it as much as I have lol.

Edit: Ya, it wont work. I got rid of every mod except some from steam and retried but for some reason the .zip file will not work. starbound.log.3That is the file with just sexbound, race mods and I believe the eStyle faces. 

That time your missing a resource needed by the lopunny race that apparently isn't in it's own mod.

10 hours ago, Madsimmer666 said:

So, this log tells me you've done the thing i tried to say in the previous post, about not uzipping the file into the mods folder. It spilled several loose files and does not count as Sexbound being installed as a result;

Spoiler

image.png.c37bdfaf22b4836bfd3451421c4c4d5e.png

And the next log;

6 hours ago, Madsimmer666 said:

This mentions no error. Game seems to launch fine, no mention of Sexbound or it's sub-mods... Which leads me to ask, are you sure you're sending the proper log? I see log 1, and log 3 are the ones you've sent...

But that's all. In sum, lemme try again to explain the installation process of Sexbound, even though the main download page should have this already:

You download the ZIP
You unzip it into it's own folder (mods/Sexbound version something preferably)

You make sure that folder is not inside another folder (mods/Sexbound version something/Sexbound again)

ZIP files are not loaded by the game.

7 hours ago, red3dred said:

So, this log tells me you've done the thing i tried to say in the previous post, about not uzipping the file into the mods folder. It spilled several loose files and does not count as Sexbound being installed as a result;

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.c37bdfaf22b4836bfd3451421c4c4d5e.png

And the next log;

This mentions no error. Game seems to launch fine, no mention of Sexbound or it's sub-mods... Which leads me to ask, are you sure you're sending the proper log? I see log 1, and log 3 are the ones you've sent...

But that's all. In sum, lemme try again to explain the installation process of Sexbound, even though the main download page should have this already:

You download the ZIP
You unzip it into it's own folder (mods/Sexbound version something preferably)

You make sure that folder is not inside another folder (mods/Sexbound version something/Sexbound again)

ZIP files are not loaded by the game.

Well I can't find an emoji that slaps itself in the face, my issue was that I didn't make it's own folder. Because of all the other mods on different games, it always said don't put them too deep. I downloaded the .zip, made a sexbound folder and unzipped in there. Thank you red3dred and Timtee-CVHN so much!! I even went in and changed the true/false and it loaded!! Woot woot!!!

3 minutes ago, PancakeFurry said:

Id like to know how to make the player turn into a node on suicide. ^^

The mod that does this is I believe Defeat, or something like that but... If I'm not mistaken, it's also problematic and probably not compatible with current versions of Sexbound. (If it hasn't been updated that is ever since whenever it was last updated/posted or whatever.)

Good afternoon, im kinda new to this kinda mods everytime a sex node appears my character and the other character just becomes invisible I tested it with human and non human characters and its the same results does anyone know what the problem is? This also basically extends to all sexbound animation

starbound.log

19 minutes ago, Xec0 said:

Good afternoon, im kinda new to this kinda mods everytime a sex node appears my character and the other character just becomes invisible I tested it with human and non human characters and its the same results does anyone know what the problem is? This also basically extends to all sexbound animation

Be aware that you are running a couple of outdated mods, with an updated framework. Some things break other things, and the removal of one problem mod may reveal more.

Start by removing "Sexbound Futanari", as even though it's not currently in the "incompatible list", along with other similar-effect mods such as "Sexbound Auto-dildos", it is indeed outdated and does not operate well or at all with the latest version.

Do respond if your issue persists, with another log and more info if available.

51 minutes ago, red3dred said:

Be aware that you are running a couple of outdated mods, with an updated framework. Some things break other things, and the removal of one problem mod may reveal more.

Start by removing "Sexbound Futanari", as even though it's not currently in the "incompatible list", along with other similar-effect mods such as "Sexbound Auto-dildos", it is indeed outdated and does not operate well or at all with the latest version.

Do respond if your issue persists, with another log and more info if available.

Yeah that solved the issue thank you very much

On 10/9/2021 at 12:15 PM, EaglePhntm said:

I talked to Red about this and we found the problem. I was using an outdated SxB in my testing, so the problem was missed.

Basically Armor Adapt modifies the images listed in the config of the item. Like normally in an item you would see

"femaleFrames" : "head.png"

This is what Armor Adapt does

"femaleFrames" : "/items/armors/armorAdapt/<species>/<itemName>/<bodyType>/headf.png"

SxB gets the images while in sex nodes by getting the path of the item and slapping what is inside the "frames" : "image.png" (The "image.png" specifically) onto the end of the path to have the images on the node. This is where the problem comes from because what the SxB scripts are doing is /items/armors/itemFolder//items/armors/armorAdapt/<species>/<itemname>/<bodyType>/headf.png

The double // and the fact that path doesn't exist is what is doing it.

Thankfully I know how to fix this, but I have to wait for Loc to return from the void so I can give them the fix to SxB. I've been waiting for compatibility talks to happen anyways to get the pregnancy effect update going.

Edit: I have a working fix ready, just have to wait on Loc

Edited by Zancuno

Not sure if i'm doing this right, but there's something wrong with the line of lua code here in "/mods/sexbound/scripts/sexbound/util.lua" from the latest distribution of the mod that causes an error related to indexing a nil value at line 82. it is of course 

(81) Sexbound.Util.parseVersion = function(version)
(82)    version = version:gsub('[xX]', '0') -- Replace x with 0
(83)    return string.match(version, '^([<>=]*)(%d+).(%d+).(%d+)$')
(84) end

but it causes the error 

[06:22:05.379] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/util.lua"]:82: attempt to index a nil value (local 'version')

this and some other issues (GFY Platform is broken in addition to this) have made Sexbound entirely unusable/broken even with just the stock avian race. haven't tried anything else yet.

it could possibly be an interaction between Frackin' Universe and some of the other mods i have installed. really this pack i have is a bit of a kitchen sink pack more than anything.

i'm actually in the process of trying some fixes and getting a clean sandbox save to run this with. i'll report back with a log upon request or when all else fails.

if you have any little nifty tricks i can use to work around the issues or diagnose the issue further, please do speak up. i don't have the patience to rummage through 150+ pages of replies to see if anyone else has had similar issues or have made certain repair/diagnostic techniques available for others.

Addendum 1:

(1) 47.280] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player') (repeated several times over)
(2)[06:18:43.768] [Error] Failed to load Sexbound configuration: /sexbound.config
   [06:18:43.768] [Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common.lua"]:113: attempt to index a nil value (field '_config')
(3) [06:18:30.270] [Error] Failed to load Sexbound configuration: /sexbound.config

there's too much to harvest and list here, i'll need to post a full clean log soon. from boot, to loading onto a BYOS ship (as a human), then shutdown immediately.

Addendum 2: i have replicated the issue on a human female save. freshly entered into a BYOS ship, spawned a GFY platform (easy lounge object) and entered. then left it, and shutdown.

the log will be attached here. go nuts attacking it. i'll be tinkering...starbound.log

Edited by CuriosityRoast
Addendum #2 (i didn't even see this text field 'til now)