4 hours ago, Slaptree said:

im currious. are there certain body mods that support pasties or are they like, a in sex interaction only thing? because ive noticed they dont show up on my character, or at least, i can hardly see them

As far as I know, not really. Then again, Starbound itself is a pixel game... so they wouldn't really be all that noticeable at the default scale of the body's proportions so... I highly doubt there are any. Least any with any reasonable level of detail.

8 hours ago, Bloxxy_Box said:

OH SHIT-

image.png.00ac5e566ba5a7d95d89fe5db820f122.png

Well, by the looks of things, and i'm sorry to say this, but your Hard-drive is having problems. You may need to run through the gauntlet of trying to find the right Windows command line command to help you, then restart a few times, and hope it all worked out. Same thing happened to a friend, the file took a long time to fix.

7 hours ago, Slaptree said:

im currious. are there certain body mods that support pasties or are they like, a in sex interaction only thing? because ive noticed they dont show up on my character, or at least, i can hardly see them

Like anything Sexbound (so far), you only really see them in the animations. And they're smaller-than standard images so they're hard to see, something just for flavor really.

1 hour ago, La_Croix said:

how do I activate the POV? I have the mod downloaded. But whenever i initiate intercourse to someone be it vanilla race or custom ones. I don't see any POV preview. Am I doing something wrong? 

It's very new, I think it only operates if all the actors are either floran or human

1 hour ago, FuriousFinch said:

Where in the file can I edit the verbal dialogue of the actors to suit my tastes?

Inside Sexbound, the folder "dialog" has a bunch of subfolders, then eventually "positions". From there it's straight forward, you'll only have to learn the formatting rules to set it all up. The rules are a bit complicated, but there's tutorials for that.

Hey there, having an issue where Sexbound is unable to find the config? I just downloaded the mod today and I have not really been able to get it to work. 

I would post the Log but I am not sure how, so here is just some examples of the error I have been seeing in it:
[Error] Failed to load Sexbound configuration: /sexbound.config

[Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common.lua"]:113: attempt to index a nil value (field '_config')

[Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')

[Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/npc.lua"]:30: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_npc')

The config file is there, nothing seems missing. That said I am new to this so sorry if this is a easy fix.

2 hours ago, oofgaruberfink said:

Hey there, having an issue where Sexbound is unable to find the config? I just downloaded the mod today and I have not really been able to get it to work. 

I would post the Log but I am not sure how, so here is just some examples of the error I have been seeing in it:
[Error] Failed to load Sexbound configuration: /sexbound.config

[Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/common.lua"]:113: attempt to index a nil value (field '_config')

[Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/player.lua"]:31: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_player')

[Error] [string "/scripts/sexbound/override/npc.lua"]:30: attempt to index a nil value (field 'sb_npc')

The config file is there, nothing seems missing. That said I am new to this so sorry if this is a easy fix.

To quote what has been said more than once before. We can't do much to help you if you don't give us the entire log. Giving us a snippet of the log doesn't help us as much. (since it'll also say other useful info for determining the route source of the cause to help you understand what is going on.) However it would seem that data within the configs, if it's the most recent version, which we can't tell from not having the full log file, would be in a way, not set correctly. Aka, something in your game either is changing the values needed for those configs to function, or your game might be bricked. Either way, it's likely the former instead of the latter of those two options.

And as a side note, if you can give a full log, the route source of the problem can be much more quickly located by someone who knows how to handle these problems. (Also tbh, there is literally nothing to hide from us within the logs. And most who trim the logs or provide only snippets of logs, or even don't provide logs at all, wind up getting told the same thing. Provide unedited logs, or, if the log is filled with the same message repeatedly for a majority of it, and it's not a major error of any kind, then such could be trimmed for those messages in the logs if the messages relate to something that doesn't effect gameplay if they were to appear in the logs while the game is running.)

I'm just gonna say this now, someone should really make a message or something somewhere where people will clearly see it to post full unedited logs if they want help to solve these problems so they can continue playing the game normally.

6 hours ago, RenaTheAvali said:

To quote what has been said more than once before. We can't do much to help you if you don't give us the entire log. Giving us a snippet of the log doesn't help us as much. (since it'll also say other useful info for determining the route source of the cause to help you understand what is going on.) However it would seem that data within the configs, if it's the most recent version, which we can't tell from not having the full log file, would be in a way, not set correctly. Aka, something in your game either is changing the values needed for those configs to function, or your game might be bricked. Either way, it's likely the former instead of the latter of those two options.

And as a side note, if you can give a full log, the route source of the problem can be much more quickly located by someone who knows how to handle these problems. (Also tbh, there is literally nothing to hide from us within the logs. And most who trim the logs or provide only snippets of logs, or even don't provide logs at all, wind up getting told the same thing. Provide unedited logs, or, if the log is filled with the same message repeatedly for a majority of it, and it's not a major error of any kind, then such could be trimmed for those messages in the logs if the messages relate to something that doesn't effect gameplay if they were to appear in the logs while the game is running.)

I'm just gonna say this now, someone should really make a message or something somewhere where people will clearly see it to post full unedited logs if they want help to solve these problems so they can continue playing the game normally.

Hey, sorry I know a full log would be better but I didn't see a way to post it, could you let me know how so I can?

2 hours ago, HappyRiolu said:

I have no clue how to do the PoV stuff, or even where to find it and download it. I'm seriously stuck, please help me.

Files are unavailable currently as Locuturus has moved back from Mega to LoversLab hosting, and the files weren't put up again. You can try this one, but i don't remember if these are the latest ones.

starbound-sexbound-pov-3.0.0.src.zip

31 minutes ago, oofgaruberfink said:

Hey, sorry I know a full log would be better but I didn't see a way to post it, could you let me know how so I can?

Good ol' copy-pasta at the ready:

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

17 minutes ago, oofgaruberfink said:

Thank you for the help! Here is the log!

Just a recap of my issue: "Hey there, having an issue where Sexbound is unable to find the config? I just downloaded the mod today and I have not really been able to get it to work."

Your log implies there is no sexbound.config file in there.

This can have happened for a couple reasons:
1) There isn't a file. It's possible Loc committed a mistake or something else happened. If this is the case, i can provide one. Make sure there is a sexbound.config file inside of the Sexbound mod's folder.
2) You've unzipped the file and messed with the config file, and your Windows has protected the file, or disallowed it. If you have changed anything in the file, try running the game's executable (64-bit preferably) as admin and seeing if the issue persists. If you haven't, try right-clicking the file and going into it's properties, check to see if it's "Locked", and unlock it.

3) Starbound does Starbound things then OOGABOOGIDDY BOOGITY and thus it cannot find the file. I don't know either, when that happens.

At any rate, if it proves to be a nuisance, and none of the above solve your issue, you can try the .pak file itself, just drop that in the Mods folder and it should have the same effect, but without allowing you to change the configs. If this works and you still want to change configs, then you may want to learn how to Pack and unpack Starbound mods, as that may prove to be a solution.

3 hours ago, red3dred said:

Your log implies there is no sexbound.config file in there.

This can have happened for a couple reasons:
1) There isn't a file. It's possible Loc committed a mistake or something else happened. If this is the case, i can provide one. Make sure there is a sexbound.config file inside of the Sexbound mod's folder.
2) You've unzipped the file and messed with the config file, and your Windows has protected the file, or disallowed it. If you have changed anything in the file, try running the game's executable (64-bit preferably) as admin and seeing if the issue persists. If you haven't, try right-clicking the file and going into it's properties, check to see if it's "Locked", and unlock it.

3) Starbound does Starbound things then OOGABOOGIDDY BOOGITY and thus it cannot find the file. I don't know either, when that happens.

At any rate, if it proves to be a nuisance, and none of the above solve your issue, you can try the .pak file itself, just drop that in the Mods folder and it should have the same effect, but without allowing you to change the configs. If this works and you still want to change configs, then you may want to learn how to Pack and unpack Starbound mods, as that may prove to be a solution.

I took your advice after messing with this properties on config, and then trying to run the 64bit as admin. I uninstalled the none .pak version and installed the .pak version, now everything works flawlessly ha! I will be looking into how to pack and unpack mods so I can get into the config. 

Thanks again for the help!

3 hours ago, Azazelsayschirp said:

Hey, sorry if this has already been asked, but how do you use sexbux and craft things such as the fuckpost? ?

I forget what sexbux are used for honestly. It's been awhile. As for crafting stuff... Not sure, might involve admin mode tho which... If your trying to play without using admin mode, then well... oof. But I can't really help much otherwise. Altho If memory serves me right. if your using Frackin Universe, the stations should be in the main crafting bench used for crafting more or less every other crafting table that doesn't appear in the hand crafting normally.

14 hours ago, ShoDanSilent said:

soooo i downloaded the latest version here and updated everything.... and now every time i kill a mod i get kicked off the planet ..... and i know it has to do with this update because everything went just fine before and i cant even download an older version anymore 

can someone help pls i dont think the logs will help much but here you go

starbound.log 192.07 kB · 2 downloads

Starbound has a tendency to yeet players back to their ships as it's considered the safest spot to put the player if the game sees something that would otherwise crash a player. AKA, any mods that contain items that you placed down, or otherwise have in your inventory, will automatically trigger this safety function if such mods are removed. There's nothing you can do about it sadly as that's a hard coded implementation to prevent crashing as much as possible in Starbound itself.

15 hours ago, ShoDanSilent said:

so what you are saying is i have to find the mod that kicks me back after a kill ..... i think thats pretty easy i start from vanilla and slowly work myself up

got it

It's not a mod that is installed that does it. It's you removing mods that does it. Mods that add in things like new monsters, items, blocks, anything that is visually renderable in the game, will cause the game to yeet the player back to the safety of the ship if it's no longer available.

In effect, it's the game itself doing this. There is nothing you can do to prevent it from doing this every time you yoink a mod out from your game.

Edited by RenaTheAvali