1 hour ago, Code Serpent said:

Also, all but the "Dwarven Gilded Oil" restraints use the existing meshes. The dwarven outfit I had to edit the meshes to get the reflective properties right. Either Zarantha or yourself should just need to copy over the BSShaderTextureSet to the 3BA meshes.

I simply did an add project and copied the texture properties and paths from the dwarven gilded oil to the DD ebonite catsuit and saved the project with the gilded paths.

I only did 3ba since i was converting it for myself, but if anyone wants them... @nomkaz

If you want to add them to your conversion, go for it. (I haven't checked....)

Devious Lore Dwarven Gilded Oil Suit 3BA.7z

@tznvlw

Spoiler

image.png.5485f23d2f01d73e21da4fc9bb0829f8.png

Edited by zarantha

@Code SerpentThat's it, I see, thanks for your reply?

3 hours ago, zarantha said:

I simply did an add project and copied the texture properties and paths from the dwarven gilded oil to the DD ebonite catsuit and saved the project with the gilded paths.

I only did 3ba since i was converting it for myself, but if anyone wants them... @nomkaz

If you want to add them to your conversion, go for it. (I haven't checked....)

Devious Lore Dwarven Gilded Oil Suit 3BA.7z 5.24 MB · 2 downloads

@tznvlw

Hide contents

image.png.5485f23d2f01d73e21da4fc9bb0829f8.png

@zarantha thank you very much for your work?

Edited by tznvlw

@Code Serpent

I upgraded to version 3.0 on the basis of the old version 2.3.1 of the mod. Now I have a problem. I opened Smuggled Packages and asked innkeeper, and then the quest‘s stage moved forward, indicating to find THELIA. Although she was found, she At this time, the body is wearing any restraint device, just an ordinary NPC, and there is no dialogue to find related items. Does it require a new game to solve this problem?

20 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

The only difference is that they're quest devices that can only be unlocked by their respective Lore Monger.

Yup, that's what the text says - unfortunately I can unlock them even when I don't have any key at all. Happened with the golden dwemer suits and the green restrictive stuff given by the vigilant.

Haven't met the others yet, but I'd assume it's the same there.

(LE, UUNP on DD 5.2 if that's of any relevance.)

9 hours ago, tznvlw said:

@Code Serpent

I upgraded to version 3.0 on the basis of the old version 2.3.1 of the mod. Now I have a problem. I opened Smuggled Packages and asked innkeeper, and then the quest‘s stage moved forward, indicating to find THELIA. Although she was found, she At this time, the body is wearing any restraint device, just an ordinary NPC, and there is no dialogue to find related items. Does it require a new game to solve this problem?

I don't understand the problem? Thelia doesn't wear any devices. And you have to talk with her briefly before getting the prompt to accept her quest.

4 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Yup, that's what the text says - unfortunately I can unlock them even when I don't have any key at all. Happened with the golden dwemer suits and the green restrictive stuff given by the vigilant.

Haven't met the others yet, but I'd assume it's the same there.

(LE, UUNP on DD 5.2 if that's of any relevance.)

Oh, whoops, I forgot to check that if I'm honest. I thought just the quest keywords themselves would prevent the player from removing the devices. I'll fix that in a hotfix this week.

2 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

I don't understand the problem? Thelia doesn't wear any devices. And you have to talk with her briefly before getting the prompt to accept her quest.

Sorry, I was in a hurry to test your new mod yesterday, so pay attention to the dialogue selection, ? But there are related conversations. I want to ask, when this NPC was found, was she dressed like this (I didn't pay much attention before to thes)?

Spoiler

image.jpeg.3013338751455342bf08edf41b77fc6a.jpeg

1 hour ago, tznvlw said:

Sorry, I was in a hurry to test your new mod yesterday, so pay attention to the dialogue selection, ? But there are related conversations. I want to ask, when this NPC was found, was she dressed like this (I didn't pay much attention before to thes)?

Yes that's her normal outfit. You might be thinking of Llathesi, Elarie, or Laekette, as those lore mongers wear restraints, but the other three, Thelia, Hjorni, and Mirtrienne, do not.

Yes that's her normal outfit. You might be thinking of Llathesi, Elarie, or Laekette, as those lore mongers wear restraints, but the other three, Thelia, Hjorni, and Mirtrienne, do not.

As you said. After your explanation, I understand now, thank you very much?

8 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Oh, whoops, I forgot to check that if I'm honest. I thought just the quest keywords themselves would prevent the player from removing the devices.

About the devices - they seem to lack some DD properties, too. When I 'unlocked' them and put them on again, I don't even get asked if I want to lock them on or not. After the first unlock (which at least gets the correct popup window) it seems that the special devices are treated as normal clothing. At least from the players point of view, I have no idea how to check that in CK or Tes5edit.

I came across an annoyance with Cursed Loot.

When you're gagged, you have to go through all the Mmmph-ing until the Lore Mongers understand you.

When you're bound, that may trigger weird reaction fromm adding more restraints up to rape.

I think this doesn't fit in the character, they should be used to bondage, or added the binds themselves.

I know from Laura's Bondage Shop, that it's possible to suppress this behavior, beacuse neither Laura not Katarina ever react disrespectful to a bound PC. Only acknowledgement is "you look cute with the gag" from Laura.

Would be really nice if you could change that in this mod.

42 minutes ago, Vampir2005 said:

I have a Question. How do i fulfill the Task from this Altmeri Import women?

Cannot tell for this Lore Monger, as I haven't met her yet.

With Laekette or Llathesi R'uer, you get a task to retrieve some sealed crate or charm from some dungeon while in bondage.

The reward is better stats (i.e. magic resistance) when wearing a certain kind of restraint.

1 hour ago, Vampir2005 said:

Hi @ all,

I have a Question. How do i fulfill the Task from this Altmeri Import women?

1. I Should better my Speech ( how )

I just did this this morning.  I went up to the Bards College (via moveto because I am NOT walking that far in a hobble dress) and trained my speech skill with Giraud Gemane.   To find out what the trainings do, read the mod description on the first page of this thread, under Lorekeepers.  

On 3/14/2023 at 2:05 AM, CaptainJ03 said:

About the devices - they seem to lack some DD properties, too. When I 'unlocked' them and put them on again, I don't even get asked if I want to lock them on or not. After the first unlock (which at least gets the correct popup window) it seems that the special devices are treated as normal clothing. At least from the players point of view, I have no idea how to check that in CK or Tes5edit.

No they do have properties filled, otherwise they wouldn't lock on properly the first time. It just seems that there's a bug in the device scripts where you can remove a quest device if it doesn't have a key assigned, but you're not supposed to be able to, and that bugs the devices. It even says in the papyrus log "Caught and prevented unauthorized removal attempt!" when you remove it. Simply assigning a key to the devices seems to fix that. I'll hopefully get a patch out in a few hours.

On 3/15/2023 at 4:48 AM, Naps-On-Dirt said:

I just did this this morning.  I went up to the Bards College (via moveto because I am NOT walking that far in a hobble dress) and trained my speech skill with Giraud Gemane.   To find out what the trainings do, read the mod description on the first page of this thread, under Lorekeepers.

Yeah you should get a horse before you attempt any of Elarie's training. And remember you can always cancel your training if you find it unreasonable.

3.0.1 Hotfix:
Fixed training devices being removable.
Added missing struggle animations to training devices.
Fixed ally item dialogue.
Added npcs to zadDialogueDisabled faction to prevent Devious Lore NPCs from acting out of character due to Cursed Loot's dialogue.
Updated KS Hairdos Patch to apply faction change above.

Thank you very much for the fast Hotfix!

The keys are now working as intended, feels much better now. I've written my thoughs towards message boxes in the DD development thread...

Came across three NPCs you seem to have missed: the slavegirls at the stables are giving me backtalk, instead of just Mmmpph-ing in their pony gags.

4 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Thank you very much for the fast Hotfix!

The keys are now working as intended, feels much better now. I've written my thoughs towards message boxes in the DD development thread...

Came across three NPCs you seem to have missed: the slavegirls at the stables are giving me backtalk, instead of just Mmmpph-ing in their pony gags.

Ok that's weird, I didn't add them to that faction since I thought adding them would prevent them from having gag talk. At any rate since there's no reason to talk to them at the moment I don't think it's a serious issue, but I'll add it in a hotfix if other things come up.

And yes I'll look into adding better message boxes in the future for the training devices.

Edited by Code Serpent
6 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

Ok that's weird, I didn't add them to that faction since I thought adding them would prevent them from having gag talk. At any rate since there's no reason to talk to them

I have no idea what adding them to the faction would do, but when a bound and gagged girl gives rude remarks about yourself being bound, that's really weird (and knowing DCL's mechanics, this could lead to them raping you for wearing arm and leg cuffs.)

The reason to talk to them is simply role playing. The shop was locked, there are people around, so my PC tries to talk to them.

3 hours ago, Ash7141 said:

Hi, how do you earn their favour the deadric charm always locks items on me so I can't return it for nothing? Also how many items do I need to give them to earn their favours?

When you first retrieve an item for the Lore-Mongers it will always lock devices onto you. Returning while bound will still increase your favor with them. And only one quest should be enough to unlock training. Just go through their dialogue until you get the training options.

only one quest should be enough to unlock training.

I am in the weird situation with one of the Lore Mongers, that she unlocked her shop - but not the training. I took a quest from her, but returned empty handed, because that dungeon (Dustman's Cairn) is quest locked, and I didn't want to do the Companions just for this. I assume that this is wanted behaviour.

Concerning the Lore Mongers to be in the zadDialogueDisabled faction seems to be a bit wonky, sometimes I get that Cursed Loot dialogue, sometimes not (but this is a 9-year old potatoe, so script lag is my ususal companion)

One question: There's a jail cell in Mistress Elarie's house. Is that used in any way?

Oh, and one tiny thing: After gaining their favour, it would be nice if the PC would rise in the relationship rank. All small value items lying around in the loremongers houses are still marked as "steal". Not that I want to take them, but it makes you feel unwelcome.

10 hours ago, CaptainJ03 said:
12 hours ago, Code Serpent said:

I am in the weird situation with one of the Lore Mongers, that she unlocked her shop - but not the training. I took a quest from her, but returned empty handed, because that dungeon (Dustman's Cairn) is quest locked, and I didn't want to do the Companions just for this. I assume that this is wanted behaviour.

Yes they will unlock their shops after you meet them but you have to complete a quest first to unlock training. And yes abandoning a quest from them because you can't access the dungeon is intended behavior.

Concerning the Lore Mongers to be in the zadDialogueDisabled faction seems to be a bit wonky, sometimes I get that Cursed Loot dialogue, sometimes not (but this is a 9-year old potatoe, so script lag is my ususal companion)

If you could ask Kimy how I'm supposed to disable dialogue, that'd be great. Cus I'm not going to diwnload a 5gb mod just to check a dialogue condition.

One question: There's a jail cell in Mistress Elarie's house. Is that used in any way?

Not currently.

Oh, and one tiny thing: After gaining their favour, it would be nice if the PC would rise in the relationship rank. All small value items lying around in the loremongers houses are still marked as "steal". Not that I want to take them, but it makes you feel unwelcome.

Not yet. The Lore Mongers are still hiding a lot of secrets from you. Once I finish making their questlines, and once you finish them in game, then things can be more amicable.

I love this mod, but I'm stuck with something simple.

I hand in the dwarven vials to Liathi, and she thanks me, but nothing actually happens.  I checked the log and I can't think what's not working.  The outfits and everything else is in game and working.

I'm running 2.3 (an older version), would updating maybe help?

I get the same type of behavior on quest turn in, she never takes the item (The Charm one).

2 hours ago, JohnnyWalkerBlue said:

I love this mod, but I'm stuck with something simple.

I hand in the dwarven vials to Liathi, and she thanks me, but nothing actually happens.  I checked the log and I can't think what's not working.  The outfits and everything else is in game and working.

I'm running 2.3 (an older version), would updating maybe help?

I get the same type of behavior on quest turn in, she never takes the item (The Charm one).

That's either a bug in the mod that's probably fixed in the new version, or you have horrendous script lag.