Umm, question about slavetats.  I saw that it's used for the W&T system, but when I went to the slavetats mod page and looked at the download file, there were heaps and heaps of different files!  No way I'm gonna DL all those different files.  Is there a list of which slavetat files to use for Apropos 2, so I can skip the ones I don't need?

4 hours ago, marymuir2 said:

Umm, question about slavetats.  I saw that it's used for the W&T system, but when I went to the slavetats mod page and looked at the download file, there were heaps and heaps of different files!  No way I'm gonna DL all those different files.  Is there a list of which slavetat files to use for Apropos 2, so I can skip the ones I don't need?

I would like to know this as well, also beta(1.3) or stable(1.2.3) version of slavetats? thank you.

P..S @marymuir2: never mind I just checked, the textures for slavetats are included in apropos2. I don't think you need to download any other files then slavetats main file, I guess the 1.3 beta, it's near the bottom of the download list.

A while back when I was writing unique descriptions for Billy's MMMF animations for the old Apropos, I found out that the Gangbang tag didn't call up descriptions of any kind with Apropos (removing the tag with patchups enabled Apropos descriptions to display). Since I'm not using Apropos 2.0 yet, has anyone tested if this is still present?

34 minutes ago, hotrack said:

A while back when I was writing unique descriptions for Billy's MMMF animations for the old Apropos, I found out that the Gangbang tag didn't call up descriptions of any kind with Apropos (removing the tag with patchups enabled Apropos descriptions to display). Since I'm not using Apropos 2.0 yet, has anyone tested if this is still present?

Are you sure the tag got applied?

Because I have seen plenty of descriptions get generated for MMMF animations (I think Fuzzibizness, but I'm not sure).

TO be sure you should check the logs after enabling Trace. The animation's tags are emitted into the log.

Never mind.  Re-read your post. The gangbang tag is not required if the animation has been correctly set up both in UniqueAnimations.txt and the folder scheme correctly followed (hint: "Gangbang" is not part of the filenaming).

Please provide more details on exactly what you are trying to do, which animation, the file structure, etc.

@hotrack I got a set of Unique Animations to work fine in game without any problems.

I registered the animation in UniqueAnimations.txt:

"B_Billyy_4pGangbang1": true,

Then I cloned the existing FemaleActor_Male/Female_Male_MMMF_*.txt files into a new folder: FemaleActor_ B_Billyy_4pGangbang1 and renamed all the files appropriately:

image.png

I edited the contents of the non-rape ones to have lines like:

{
    "1st Person": [
        "UA1 They begin their assault on my body using their {COCK}s."
    ],
    "2nd Person": [
        "UA1 They begin their assault on your body using their {COCK}s."
    ],
    "3rd Person": [
        "UA1 They begin their assault on {PRIMARY}'s body using their {COCK}s."
    ]
}

I use the "UA" prefix and stage number to be able to prove the lines were being read - since there is only one line per stage.

Works great!

20181114102759_1.jpg

2 hours ago, gooser said:

Please provide more details on exactly what you are trying to do, which animation, the file structure, etc.

Nah, nothing new to add. I really have no idea why my OLD Apropos don't display descriptions for animations tagged with the specific tag "Gangbang" (does any mod actually use that tag?). Since it seems that Apropos 2.0 doesn't need removal of "Gangbang" from animation tags, very much thanks for the checkup!

18 minutes ago, hotrack said:

Nah, nothing new to add. I really have no idea why my OLD Apropos don't display descriptions for animations tagged with the specific tag "Gangbang" (does any mod actually use that tag?). Since it seems that Apropos 2.0 doesn't need removal of "Gangbang" from animation tags, very much thanks for the checkup!

Both Apropos use it for non unique animations for creatures. 

Thanks for updating this mod, it was a great surprise and I am enjoying it immensely.  Just curious if there would be a way to add an "change animation stage and type" option for non-rape scenarios?  If so, could there also be an option to do this more than once?

Thanks again!

Finally got some time to try it out. I love it so far, the change to the widget are very nice, the MCM looks very crisp with the colored flair! Haven't had a chance to test the animation switch chance yet, but that's a very neat addition as well. 

When playing around with some of the features and doing some of the description editing I was struck by another suggestion, or idea.

I was looking at the Events and Messages tab, where we have Animation Start, Animation Change and Stage Progression messages. 

I'm guessing the Animation start is for when the animation starts (intro in the description files). Stage Progression are the stage messages (stage 1-x in description files), but what is the animation change? Does it make an Intro message play when an animation is changed to another? 

Would it be possible to have Stage Start messages as well as Animation Outro message? I'll explain what I mean. 

When the animations now start, we get an intro then the stage progression of messages. But would it be possible to have stage intros? The point would be for the apropos text to allow for the text to describe the change from stage to stage. As an example;

Intro message as animation is starting. Only happens once. (This is basically Stage 1's intro).

Stage 1 messages happening describing the events of Stage 1's animation. Can loop.

Stage 2 Intro message. Describes the change from Stage 1 pose to Stage 2 pose. Only happens once.

Stage 2 messages happening describing the events of Stage 2's animation. Can loop.

Stage 3 Intro message. Describes the change from Stage 2 pose to Stage 3 pose. Only happens once.

Stage 3 messages happening describing the events of Stage 3's animation. Can loop.

Orgasm Intro message. Describes the change from Stage 3 pose  to Orgasm pose. Only happens once.

Orgasm messages happening describing the events of Orgasm stage animation. Can loop.

Outro message. Describes the end of the animation. Only happens once.

As such the Stage messages would be the only ones that can loop, which describes the current stage's event.

The Stage Intro message would simply describe the transition from a stage to another, and wouldn't be looped and wouldn't make sense  looped. 

So when changing stage it could call for a Stage Intro message and then start the normal Stage messages. 

Wish I had thought of suggesting this earlier, but I didn't realize before we got the loop in action how some of the stage descriptions might make less sense looped. Of course currently my workaround is to change such descriptions a bit but it got me thinking of this suggestion. 

@gooser

Hi.  A quick sanity check please

Is it possible, please, to post updated files with their version number included in the filename?

Tonight, notifications show that there has been a new file uploaded.  2 hours ago at time of writing.  But on downloading, the file that arrived has exactly the same name and filesize as the 'previous' file posted on 181112.  And there is no updated version text, with changelog info, at least that I can see

I am aware that LL notifies you of a 'new file' when the file page is changed, but without some sequential filenaming convention, it gets really hard to work out what is spurious, and what isn't

This can get very confusing for those of us with CDO ....

?

1 minute ago, Plaguetard said:

I apologize if this was already asked, I did try and skim through and see if someone else asked. Is there a thread that has multiple message text database files for description of sex scenes?

What do you mean by "multiple message text database" ? Do you mean alternative databases? Not any more. Most of them have been integrated into Apropos, or in process. What are you looking for actually?

2 hours ago, chimiz said:

Finally got some time to try it out. I love it so far, the change to the widget are very nice, the MCM looks very crisp with the colored flair! Haven't had a chance to test the animation switch chance yet, but that's a very neat addition as well. 

When playing around with some of the features and doing some of the description editing I was struck by another suggestion, or idea.

I was looking at the Events and Messages tab, where we have Animation Start, Animation Change and Stage Progression messages. 

I'm guessing the Animation start is for when the animation starts (intro in the description files). Stage Progression are the stage messages (stage 1-x in description files), but what is the animation change? Does it make an Intro message play when an animation is changed to another? 

Would it be possible to have Stage Start messages as well as Animation Outro message? I'll explain what I mean. 

When the animations now start, we get an intro then the stage progression of messages. But would it be possible to have stage intros? The point would be for the apropos text to allow for the text to describe the change from stage to stage. As an example;

Intro message as animation is starting. Only happens once. (This is basically Stage 1's intro).

Stage 1 messages happening describing the events of Stage 1's animation. Can loop.

Stage 2 Intro message. Describes the change from Stage 1 pose to Stage 2 pose. Only happens once.

Stage 2 messages happening describing the events of Stage 2's animation. Can loop.

Stage 3 Intro message. Describes the change from Stage 2 pose to Stage 3 pose. Only happens once.

Stage 3 messages happening describing the events of Stage 3's animation. Can loop.

Orgasm Intro message. Describes the change from Stage 3 pose  to Orgasm pose. Only happens once.

Orgasm messages happening describing the events of Orgasm stage animation. Can loop.

Outro message. Describes the end of the animation. Only happens once.

As such the Stage messages would be the only ones that can loop, which describes the current stage's event.

The Stage Intro message would simply describe the transition from a stage to another, and wouldn't be looped and wouldn't make sense  looped. 

So when changing stage it could call for a Stage Intro message and then start the normal Stage messages. 

Wish I had thought of suggesting this earlier, but I didn't realize before we got the loop in action how some of the stage descriptions might make less sense looped. Of course currently my workaround is to change such descriptions a bit but it got me thinking of this suggestion. 

I think what we could do is listen to Stage End, which could be essentially your "stage intro". I'm limited to what SL produces.

So the StageEnd for Stage X could be the "Intro" for Stage X+1

# POSSIBLE EVENTS THAT CAN BE USED WITH HOOKS
;#  AnimationStart - Sent when the animation starts
;#  AnimationEnding - Sent when the animation is going to end, but the thread is still doing some final tasks
;#  AnimationEnd - Sent when the animation is fully terminated
;#  LeadInStart - Sent when the animation starts and has a LeadIn
;#  LeadInEnd - Sent when a LeadIn animation ends
;#  StageStart - Sent for every Animation Stage that starts
;#  StageEnd - Sent for every Animation Stage that is completed  
;#  OrgasmStart - Sent when an actor reaches the final stage
;#  OrgasmEnd - Sent when the final stage is completed
;#  AnimationChange - Sent if the Animation that was playing is changed by the HotKey
;#  PositionChange - Sent if the Positions of the animation (the involved actors) are changed
;#  ActorsRelocated - Sent if the actors gets a new alignment
;#  ActorChangeStart - Sent when the function ChangeActors is called  
;#  ActorChangeEnd - Sent when the replacement of actors, by the function ChangeActors is completed                       

8 hours ago, gooser said:

I think what we could do is listen to Stage End, which could be essentially your "stage intro". I'm limited to what SL produces.

So the StageEnd for Stage X could be the "Intro" for Stage X+1

# POSSIBLE EVENTS THAT CAN BE USED WITH HOOKS
;#  AnimationStart - Sent when the animation starts
;#  AnimationEnding - Sent when the animation is going to end, but the thread is still doing some final tasks
;#  AnimationEnd - Sent when the animation is fully terminated
;#  LeadInStart - Sent when the animation starts and has a LeadIn
;#  LeadInEnd - Sent when a LeadIn animation ends
;#  StageStart - Sent for every Animation Stage that starts
;#  StageEnd - Sent for every Animation Stage that is completed  
;#  OrgasmStart - Sent when an actor reaches the final stage
;#  OrgasmEnd - Sent when the final stage is completed
;#  AnimationChange - Sent if the Animation that was playing is changed by the HotKey
;#  PositionChange - Sent if the Positions of the animation (the involved actors) are changed
;#  ActorsRelocated - Sent if the actors gets a new alignment
;#  ActorChangeStart - Sent when the function ChangeActors is called  
;#  ActorChangeEnd - Sent when the replacement of actors, by the function ChangeActors is completed                       

Oh yeah, that makes perfect sense. StageEnd for the last Stage would work as the "Outro". 

EDIT: I also noticed earlier that occasionally the "Intro" description would show up again later in the animation, maybe that loop doesn't close properly?

Also curious about the messages that show when the Animation Switch/Change chance triggers (from the misc options), are they hardcoded or are they in a descriptor file somewhere?

20 hours ago, gooser said:

@marymuir2 @guarra

All the files you see in the Slavetats download area are mostly texture/tat packs. Like @guarra inferred, you only need the main Slavetats mod, not the other files.

Personally I would choose Slavetats-1.2.3.7z.

thank you and also @guarra, I've skipped to the end of that long list and found 1.3 beta, and I know where 1.2.3.7z is as well, just in case, so now I will try and install that and see what it adds.

1 hour ago, DzOnIxD said:

How safe is this mod for a full playthrough?

I usually play with Apropo enabled in my playthroughs. Currently I’m at level 107 and have finishedthe mage guild, thieves, companions, Dragonborn, dawnguard main quests. I also always play now with Legacy of the Dragonborn. 

18 minutes ago, gooser said:

I usually play with Apropo enabled in my playthroughs. Currently I’m at level 107 and have finishedthe mage guild, thieves, companions, Dragonborn, dawnguard main quests. I also always play now with Legacy of the Dragonborn. 

Awesome, installing it now.

I'm still on the previous version of Apropos and as I'm a lot of hours into this game I don't really want to start a new game at this point.

Looking at the latest upload I see you've added a lot to the Db, so I was wondering if I dropped the Apropos2 Db items into the existing /data/apropos/db directory would they work with the older version of Apropos Classic (Apropos_Classic_2017_03_02_01)?

11 minutes ago, Slorm said:

I'm still on the previous version of Apropos and as I'm a lot of hours into this game I don't really want to start a new game at this point.

Looking at the latest upload I see you've added a lot to the Db, so I was wondering if I dropped the Apropos2 Db items into the existing /data/apropos/db directory would they work with the older version of Apropos Classic (Apropos_Classic_2017_03_02_01)?

You can still clean the save with ReSaver/save cleaner. Uninstall Apropos from the menu, save the game, Open ReSaver, press Ctrl+1 and Ctrl+2, close the program and save the save. Then just install Apropos 2.

I think I've noticed one problem that create compatibility issues with Separate Orgasm. I've noticed that the wear status doesn't get updated on "partner" orgasm, only of PC orgasm. Tried it more times but it was just like that. On the other had nice work with Estrus. Works like a charm.

40 minutes ago, Slorm said:

@Slorm

WIthout upgrading the mod - the files are basically the same format. Just a lot lot more content. You should be able to drop the db folder from the latest Apropros2 archive into your existing Apropos Classic playthrough.

FYI - I cannot guarantee this will always be the case.

20 hours ago, gooser said:

What do you mean by "multiple message text database" ? Do you mean alternative databases? Not any more. Most of them have been integrated into Apropos, or in process. What are you looking for actually?

Yeah I think that is what I was looking for. I just didn't know exactly what to call it! I was interested in a text database that during aggressive scenes is more, umm... defiant I guess you could say. I want my PC to hate and fight them every step of the way. Love the update by the way. Thank you so much for this mod.