29 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

W&T heal over time, you can change the healing speed in MCM

or eat WearAndTear_Consumables

Hide contents

you can archive faster healing via:

Wear and Tear Degrade Factor => how much gets healed during a Frequency healing event => higher = faster heal

Frequency of Wear and Tear Degrade => how often Apropos chacks for a heal event => lower = faster heal

Chance of WT heal => chance that the heal event actualy heals anything => higher = faster heal

or

Maximum Wear and Tear Value => the lower the faster you can heal back to normal

aporpo01.jpg.ca2cf2c5bd094b37aa41ad346b2bced8.jpg

you have no time and want to heal right away:

use W&T consumables

they heal a certain amount of the "Wear and Tear Value"

since Apropos2 you can modify them yourself in WearAndTear_Consumables.txt

found here: skyrim/data/apropos/db/WearAndTear_Consumables.txt

open via texteditor and check/modify to your liking (realted to your Maximum Wear and Tear Value):

{
    "Skooma": 30,
    "Redwater Skooma": 60,
    "Double-Distilled Skooma": 90,
    "Cyrodilic Brandy": 25,
    "Balmora Blue": 25,
    "White-Gold Tower": 25,
    "Velvet LeChance": 25,
    "Cliff Racer": 25,
    "Spinnenei": 50,
    "Chauruseier": 50,
    "Parasite Chaurus Egg": 100,
    "Parasite Spider Egg": 100
}

if your running skyrim in another language -or use a mod that changes names of consumables-:

just add your personal favored consumables to the list or modify the healing amount to your liking

Thank you very much!!!

9 hours ago, CarrotButt said:

Hi Gooser,

First off, thanks for your mod. It's much appreciated.

Second, do you have any plans to make the {HUGELOAD}/{LARGELOAD} messages optional?

Almost everything dialogue-wise in Apropos is customizable by users without requiring modding experience.  If you don't like some of the default descriptions in any way, you should just edit the database text files yourself to adjust them to your preferences.  That is where a large portion of the new stuff in Apropos 2 came from, user customizations.  You just need to make sure to follow the format of the files as an example when you make changes.

For example, if you don't like the hugeload/largeload messages, you could:

• remove those synonyms from the descriptions themselves (delete {hugeload} and {largeload} wherever you see them in descriptions you see often)
  • edit the synonyms.txt file itself so that you get a different word for {hugeload}/{largeload}, so for instance instead of "massive" you could have something like "warm" or "slick".  Just make sure to reload the database using the in-game MCM menu after.
  • completely nuke the lines you don't like by deleting them entirely

Edit: I stand corrected, in the case of them being hardcoded yes it would be nice to have them pulled out into the database files so the above becomes an option.

1 hour ago, Reesewow said:

Almost everything dialogue-wise in Apropos is customizable by users without requiring modding experience.  If you don't like some of the default descriptions in any way, you should just edit the database text files yourself to adjust them to your preferences.  That is where a large portion of the new stuff in Apropos 2 came from, user customizations.  You just need to make sure to follow the format of the files as an example when you make changes.

For example, if you don't like the hugeload/largeload messages, you could:

• remove those synonyms from the descriptions themselves (delete {hugeload} and {largeload} wherever you see them in descriptions you see often)
  • edit the synonyms.txt file itself so that you get a different word for {hugeload}/{largeload}, so for instance instead of "massive" you could have something like "warm" or "slick".  Just make sure to reload the database using the in-game MCM menu after.
  • completely nuke the lines you don't like by deleting them entirely

Not in this case. The descriptions for Hugeload and Largeload are hardcoded, even if the synonyms are pulled from the control file. IN other words, I have plans to externalize the descriptions into new files (probably something like xxxx_hugeload.txt, etc). But for now there is no way to suppress them, even if you nuke the synonyms. Probably next release.

I'm testing Apropos2 support in SLD, and I see some anomalies.

Starting from a clean install...

Using DCL misogyny + rape, the PC consented once and was raped twice by human males in Dawnstar.

The NPCs were Lond, Leigelf, and a dawnstar male guard (a Nord?) So all Nords, I believe.

I saw the following results in the Apropos MCM:

Vaginal: 3

Anal: 0

Oral: 0

General average: 1

Creature average: 1

Daedric average: 1

There is no valid source of creature or daedric abuse in these cases; it's only vanilla nords, unique ones at that.

Alas, the papyrus log doesn't contain dumps of what animation is running and how they are configured "as seen by Apropos" so I can't provide more detail than that.

SexLab itself is dumping to the console, but it's drowned out in the Apropos debug spam, which is pretty much unreadable in the console at the resolution I'm using, as the font is a bit big, and one spam line overflows the entire console display.

My game is running on a development machine, with an almost empty load order and no SLAL packs. It's basically Slave Tats, MME, DCL, DD, SLA, Zaz and SexLab.

I can probably build the Apropos sources in this config, so if you can suggest a spot I should stick a debug print to log file, that might provide some clues, feel free.

10 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Using DCL misogyny + rape, the PC consented once and was raped twice by human males in Dawnstar.

The NPCs were Lond, Leigelf, and a dawnstar male guard (a Nord?) So all Nords, I believe.

There is no valid source of creature or daedric abuse in these cases; it's rape by vanilla nords, unique ones at that.

Alas, the papyrus log doesn't contain dumps of what animation is running and how they are configured "as seen by Apropos" so I can't provide more detail than that.

SexLab itself is dumping to the console, but it's drowned out in the Apropos debug spam.

My game is running on a development machine, with an almost empty load order and no SLAL packs. It's basically Slave Tats, MME, DCL, DD, SLA, Zaz and SexLab.

Apropos2 writes to its own log - see the user subfolder. You need to find an Apropos0.log file. Not papyrus0.log.

36 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Starting from a clean install...

There is no valid source of creature or daedric abuse in these cases; it's only vanilla nords, unique ones at that.

SexLab itself is dumping to the console, but it's drowned out in the Apropos debug spam, which is pretty much unreadable in the console at the resolution I'm using, as the font is a bit big, and one spam line overflows the entire console display.

I can probably build the Apropos sources in this config, so if you can suggest a spot I should stick a debug print to log file, that might provide some clues, feel free.

Did some testing, not sure what could be causing your issue.

I created a new character and use the LAL Prison, I spawned one orc bandit and rape ensued. Went a few rounds, and I never see the stats for creatures nor daedric tick up.

Again, if you attach the Apropos0.log file I can investigate.

20181202222214_1.jpg

20181202222326_1.jpg

20181202222513_1.jpg

24 minutes ago, Plaguetard said:

Says new version was released 33 minutes ago, but when I went to download it seems to be the one I already have...?

Ugh. Is Loverslab *STILL* doing that?

I only just was editing the description. No new version uploaded. Sorry. I hate that!

13 minutes ago, gooser said:

Ugh. Is Loverslab *STILL* doing that?

I only just was editing the description. No new version uploaded. Sorry. I hate that!

Thanks for the detailed description anyway! Gives some more insight!

But one question remains (or better two):

- What does the time value (Wear and Tear degrade) mean in hours? 1 hour means the W&T Level OR state is reduced? And if so, how much? 
And is that a guaranteed effect? So for example when I am State 9, will with 1 hour the effect be at state 1 after 8-9 hours?

- What does W&T Heal chance do? I set to 100% and still not everytime I use a healing potion or healing magic the W&T amount is reduced.

In the console it says -1/0/+1, what exaclty does it mean? I guess it is the state beeing increased/decreased?

Question is: when I see "0" in the console while healing, does this mean that the level of W&T is reduced, but not enough to reduce the State?

- What changes when I increase W&T value? Does it take longer for the Actor to reach state 9 then? (2000 -> lvl 9, 8000 -> lvl 9, while the damage from rapists remains the same?).

So how do I get this to work for defeat? I mean followers specifically. 

With this installed, defeat ignores my followers. They will be left alone, and when I am attacked they immediately stand up like nothing happened, and continue on with life like they didn't just get their ass kicked. 

When I deactivate this, followers get raped like normal and function as they should. So basically, this mod makes defeat totally ignore follower. 

I have Uninstalled, but man do I want to use this mod. 

3 hours ago, gooser said:

Did some testing, not sure what could be causing your issue.

Well, sure. If it happened 100% you'd probably have noticed it :)

A few minutes before the scene in question, I ran the animation patch-ups.

But it was a while after that before the scene started.

Anyway, here's the entire log. You can see where it happens. Apropos2.log.7z

On another topic...

The properties on the actor alias expose an integer value for each abuse type, but this is very coarse, and only ranges from 0 to 9.

It would have been super-useful if I could have pulled some kind of higher resolution data out - ideally from StorageUtil.

As it is, I just scale up to get a range from 0 to 100, but it's a bit jumpy. The discrete values are perfect for picking a tattoo set, but not ideal for a large assortment of smoothly variable modifiers.

Resolution apart, if apropos data were in StorageUtil it'd be a lot easier for other mods to get at without creating any direct binding to Apropos code.

There is some data there that is hard to see from the outside, such as the individual daedric/vaginal vaginal/anal values, etc etc.

Personally, I don't have any pressing need to get at them, but on the other hand, perhaps there may be needs that others might have in the future where it would be useful for them to be able to see creature vaginal vs daedric anal.

Anyway, those are just my random wants, no different to any totally arbitrary and out-of-the-blue player feature request. I'm not expecting anything, but if you were considering doing it anyway...

Finally, simply out of curiosity, why don't creature and daedric averages contain the oral value? Is it always zero or something?

46 minutes ago, Mickster said:

Don't know if you're still interested in the SSE version but I posted my thoughts about it in the poll thread about why porting it over would be a good thing. Keep up the good work.

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/111070-apropos2-poll/?page=2&tab=comments#comment-2449012

Thanks I've been monitoring the poll. It's not a matter of if, but when.

7 hours ago, Jaymega0817 said:

With this installed, defeat ignores my followers. They will be left alone, and when I am attacked they immediately stand up like nothing happened, and continue on with life like they didn't just get their ass kicked. 

When I deactivate this, followers get raped like normal and function as they should. So basically, this mod makes defeat totally ignore follower. 

Not related at all. I do not modify any Defeat scripts, nor affect its processing. All I can say is modify your mod order (swap Defeat so its higher ? )

Correlation is not causation, btw.

11 hours ago, Nymra said:

Thanks for the detailed description anyway! Gives some more insight!

But one question remains (or better two):

- What does the time value (Wear and Tear degrade) mean in hours? 1 hour means the W&T Level OR state is reduced? And if so, how much? 
And is that a guaranteed effect? So for example when I am State 9, will with 1 hour the effect be at state 1 after 8-9 hours?

- What does W&T Heal chance do? I set to 100% and still not everytime I use a healing potion or healing magic the W&T amount is reduced.

In the console it says -1/0/+1, what exaclty does it mean? I guess it is the state beeing increased/decreased?

Question is: when I see "0" in the console while healing, does this mean that the level of W&T is reduced, but not enough to reduce the State?

- What changes when I increase W&T value? Does it take longer for the Actor to reach state 9 then? (2000 -> lvl 9, 8000 -> lvl 9, while the damage from rapists remains the same?).

I think I have addressed all your questions in a description update that added details about Healing.

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

On another topic...

The properties on the actor alias expose an integer value for each abuse type, but this is very coarse, and only ranges from 0 to 9.

It would have been super-useful if I could have pulled some kind of higher resolution data out - ideally from StorageUtil.

As it is, I just scale up to get a range from 0 to 100, but it's a bit jumpy. The discrete values are perfect for picking a tattoo set, but not ideal for a large assortment of smoothly variable modifiers.

Resolution apart, if apropos data were in StorageUtil it'd be a lot easier for other mods to get at without creating any direct binding to Apropos code.

There is some data there that is hard to see from the outside, such as the individual daedric/vaginal vaginal/anal values, etc etc.

Personally, I don't have any pressing need to get at them, but on the other hand, perhaps there may be needs that others might have in the future where it would be useful for them to be able to see creature vaginal vs daedric anal.

Anyway, those are just my random wants, no different to any totally arbitrary and out-of-the-blue player feature request. I'm not expecting anything, but if you were considering doing it anyway...

Finally, simply out of curiosity, why don't creature and daedric averages contain the oral value? Is it always zero or something?

"..It'd be a lot easier for other mods to get at without creating ..."

I think what you're doing might be interesting, but gives me some pause about my support of Apropos2. I didn't design it years ago with the forethought that someone else, years later, would want to monkey with its internals! 

And frankly that bothers me a bit.

"...
no different to any totally arbitrary and out-of-the-blue player feature request."  

I think you are being disingenuous here, as you are obviously trying to build your mod to modify the internals of other mods, without going though formal interfaces. 

If you want to integrate, get other mod authors to consider your request, and use ModEvents, not internal implementation. 

10 minutes ago, gooser said:

I think I have addressed all your questions in a description update that added details about Healing.

Perfect, thank you! Really covers it all in best detail! 

Then I just have to report that when I use the Healing Spell (continuous healing over time while spell is active) I get repeated Apropos Messages in the console (healed for 0 or sth). 
Just wondering if this means some script fireing unnecessarily then? 

8 hours ago, Jaymega0817 said:

you can find the latest version of defeat here:

43 minutes ago, Nymra said:

Perfect, thank you! Really covers it all in best detail! 

Then I just have to report that when I use the Healing Spell (continuous healing over time while spell is active) I get repeated Apropos Messages in the console (healed for 0 or sth). 
Just wondering if this means some script fireing unnecessarily then? 

It's a bug where I forgot to check for the type of the consumable before generating those console log statements. It's fairly benign, other than polluting the console/log.  Fixed in the next release.

1 hour ago, gooser said:

I think you are being disingenuous here, as you are obviously trying to build your mod to modify the internals of other mods, without going though formal interfaces. 

No.

No I am not.

I sense some unanticipated hostility here. Most of what you say has no bearing on what I'm doing, which makes your response all the more troubling for me.

What on earth are you seeing here that I am not? What is causing you so much disturbance? You don't make it clear. I have to guess. It's not easy.

How can I defuse this, or answer accusations that are essentially attacks against a straw man you have made, which bears no relation to what I'm doing or my technical approach to doing it? Is it even possible at this point?

I can only answer the specifics. To start, I'll address your use of the word modify. Which I imagine was not used casually.

Modify implies write operations. 

SLD uses the state of other mods as inputs. It does not modify their state.

If my intention was to "monkey with the internals of other mods", I'd monkey with their internals alright, via a patch. I wouldn't be posting here, I'd just get on with it.

However, that is a course I'd rather not pursue, as it's maintenance intensive for me, and confusing for users, even with a FOMOD to hold their hand.

In the case of Apropos, I have no need to do more than I already have. My Apropos support is done, and it does not modify a single property, script, or ESP record of Apropos, at run time or otherwise. If I later find it inadequate, I'll consider my options then, but TBH, I don't think that will be an urgent concern for me. It will do what most users want, I think.

Not sure what you mean by "formal interfaces" here. But I'm guessing you mean interfaces you exposed on purpose and documented?

But having guessed that I'm none the wiser as to what you really mean. Do you not want other mods to interact with your mod in any way? Is that it?

As for mod-events?

What would I be generating mod events for? SLD has no discrete states to notify other mods of.

Except dropped weapons, for which I generate the "conventional" deviously helpless event that other mods that cause dropped weapons generate.

Now I'm not saying I'll never, ever, want to modify the state of another mod, but - see above - it's not the point of my mod, and it's not something I want to get bogged down in if it's avoidable. Perhaps one day it will have events worth publishing. None are planned right now though.

As for using mod events to publish wear and tear information - that would be about the most script-heavy way you could find to do a very simple thing.

I'd advise against that, but I don't imagine you were suggesting it; I just don't know what you were suggesting. At least, I can't match your suggestions up with anything I need to do in any meaningful way.

Apropos is a mod that tracks sexual wear and tear on actors. It seems reasonable to me that it could expose that information to other mods, so they can react to it, and do not - instead - have to track wear and tear themselves, replicating a load of functionality and wasting a load of script time.

Apropos doesn't really set out to expose all its information - as you say, it wasn't designed to - though it is possible to read some high-level data by inspecting the properties on its aliases - which I take to be an interface, (formal or otherwise) that is fair game, even if it wasn't documented, anyone could figure it out in about five minutes of skimming to find bit of the MCM script that shows the player status.

It could be enhanced to expose more information cleanly via StorageUtil. But I sense that is not going to happen, and you are not comfortable with the idea of Apropos as a data source for other mods at all.

Or perhaps I have it entirely backwards, and you are?

I think, in the current modding climate, the best path to expose as much as you can. SLD exposes pretty much everything; hides nothing.

The future is - such as there is any future for Skyrim mods - interoperation, not silos.

As for the word disingenuous... That's a nasty word in this context; the one that sets my alarm bells ringing.

How does it apply to what I said?

"...no different to any totally arbitrary and out-of-the-blue player feature request."

I certainly intended it to be no different, but it seems it is. That wasn't me. That's you. That's all you.

I simply went out of my way to point out that my humble request has no special weight or worth; that I ask for no great amount of time to be devoted to it, and am accused of dissembling? All I can say to that is WTF?

I guess this is just my week for getting maligned for casual suggestions that I thought were totally non-controversial conversation starters.

What trick am I supposed to be pulling here?

What sort of villainy is involved in suggesting that Apropos could play a more central role in the LL-mod ecosystem, more cleanly, it it had a "formal interface" to expose its W&T data?

I can assure you, there is no font big enough, no overbright color garish enough, to communicate this forcefully enough.

Deception is not my style.

That is all. I have no more to add to this.

In fact, I thought I was done with the initial suggestion.

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 2:28 AM, gooser said:

So why do you think W&T should be applied both times? 

I don't think of w&t culminating because of the orgasm - it just happens to be a convenient place & time to capture, compute and record it. More realistically, I should be computing W&T not on orgasms at all, but on (1) schlong size (2) rape and/or aggressiveness (3) length of act.

So if some one has a long 7 -stage animation, that should really incur more W&T, not that some other mod tries to simulate tandem orgasms.

Seriously I have thought about W&T being recorded at Animation End, which comes after Orgasm. And if the orgasm is interrupted (attack, or other reason), the W&T still gets applied, despite no orgasm. 

But for now, it works pretty well, even it doesn't really make sense when you think about it.

My $0.02.

Hi gooser,

regarding W&T I have a Question:

Since apropos2 now reverts stages and changes animations, do these changes actually affect W&T?

for Example:

PC gets raped (vaginal) without stage repeat/Change - W&T (vaginal) rises up 10

PC gets raped (vaginal) with 2 stage repeats - does W&T (vaginal) then rise up 10 or 30 ?

PC gets raped (vaginal), Animation change to oral, repeat stage, Change to anal - does W&T (vaginal) rise up 10, oral rise up 20 and anal rise up 10 ?  

Just now, Totenbarg said:

Hi gooser,

regarding W&T I have a Question:

Since apropos2 now reverts stages and changes animations, do these changes actually affect W&T?

for Example:

PC gets raped (vaginal) without stage repeat/Change - W&T (vaginal) rises up 10

PC gets raped (vaginal) with 2 stage repeats - does W&T (vaginal) then rise up 10 or 30 ?

PC gets raped (vaginal), Animation change to oral, repeat stage, Change to anal - does W&T (vaginal) rise up 10, oral rise up 20 and anal rise up 10 ?  

Currently, Apropos correlates Orgasms to Wear and Tear.  So, yes, if there are extra orgasms because the aggressor backs up the stage, then W&T can be increased more than once. 

I will admit that correlating W&T with orgasm isn't ideal. I hope to revisit it in the future, and instead tie it to other factors, possibly: length of time in the animation, arousal, size of penis/strapon, etc. But for now, OrgasmStart will apply W&T if the actor qualifies (PC or unique NPC) and Victrim OR aggressively tagged anim.  HTH