On 11/17/2018 at 3:08 PM, Seijin8 said:

Hi gooser! Thanks again for the awesome mod.

A few questions:

1) Is there a limit (practical or technical) to how many synonyms can be placed into Synonyms.txt?  Mine is near 3000 lines right now, and seems to have no trouble most of the time*.

2) Is there a technical limit to how many synonyms can be called in a description?  For instance, would "{ACTIVE} {FUCKS} {PRIMARY}'s {WTVAGINAL} {PUSSY} {REPEATEDLY}, {HARDER} and {HARDER} as {PRIMARY} {SCREAMS} in {PLEASURE}." work? (assuming proper synonyms are placed in Synonyms.txt for each substitution used).

3) It appears that nested synonyms are not currently possible (for instance {BUGCOCK} referencing "{SLIMY} {COCK}" doesn't work, either due to formatting or technical limit.  Any pointers on this, or is it just not possible?

(* I went into a two day long writing frenzy and didn't test enough in between, so once in game I have to work out the bugs on the fly, which can be very slow going with my setup.  #firstworldproblems, and my issue, not yours.)

Thanks again for this mod, I am enjoying writing for it, as much as using it in game.

There is no technical limit that I am aware of, but 3000 lines seems rather excessive. Why so many? I think the standard one is under 1000 lines. You may have reached some kind of limitation within JContainers. I have never tested with such a large number. The Synonyms.txt file is internalized in the SKSE game co-save, so that will increase in size.

There is no technical limit on the number of substitutions per line that I know of and have never discovered an issue.

Nested substitutions are not supported.

12 hours ago, Seijin8 said:

Running into some issues, and I am out of ideas as to the cause.  I don't want to call it a "bug" as I've not seen anyone else mention it.  But if it is something only on my end, I can't figure what it might be.

Overview: I am getting very inconsistent results from the synonym replacements.  In many cases, they do not fill correctly, mostly in situations calling for multiple lines to appear (intro/stage 1, and stage x/orgasm).  Most of my testing has been with 1st person descriptions and Chaurus animations.

Tests I have done:

• Original files with no changes: works as expected
  • Substantially modified Synonyms.txt (about 3000 lines) with only original descriptions: works as expected
  • Modified Synonyms with new descriptions: fails to fill synonyms (blank space only) on intro/stage 1 (both descriptors), and on orgasm stage, regardless of whether it is reading from an "...orgasm.txt" or from a "...stage#.txt".  Moving those same description lines to another stage works as expected and the synonyms fill.
  • Removing the "orgasm.txt" and/or "stage#.txt" so that only one file is available at the end does not fix the problem.  I appears that all modified descriptions for orgasm stage fail.

Additional notes:

• I am using only "Timed Messages".  (It doesn't seem like hotkeyed messages work at all, but I haven't tested that thoroughly.)
  • Toggling on/off WT effects does not change results.
  • Switching to 2nd Person worked more reliably, but still wasn't perfect.  Switching back to 1st Person afterward seemed a little more reliable, but ultimately still failed on final stage.
  • This was done on a new game using Skyrim Unbourd (though still in Helgen).
  • Just to be clear: yes, I am rebuilding database on every attempt.

I need to see both your Papyrus0.log and Apropos0.log after some game play, and after turning on both debug and trace in Apropos2 MCM. I do not have a Crystal Ball, and I have taken steps to make Apropos2 diagnose-friendly, if people would just think about submitting their log files.

"I am using only Timed Messages".

I dont think you understand how Apropos works. "Timed Messages" is a brand new features and can at most generate ONE additional message per stage. If you enable Hotkey, it will only generate ONE additional message. A user in the past requested the ability to see more descriptions as the animation progresses, and this is my current solution. I personally don't have very long stages (30 secs usually), so one additional message per stage fits. Apropos will interrogate your SL settings to see how long each stage is and if it can fit an additional message, it will try. A stage < 30 seconds will probably be disqualified.

The hotkey is an alternative to timed, to allow the user to generate ONE more description. I may consider changing it to display more per stage, but I am reluctant to do so.

You only need to Refresh the database IF and only IF you modify a control file (Synonyms is one). If you modify a regular description file, a refresh is not required as those are not internalized into the game save and are read from disk (the db folder).

ALSO, export your settings and attach them here too.

6 hours ago, ishmirce said:

This is one of my favorite mod so thanks man.

and 10  pages pass, but mmm... mascara texture is mising. 

True, i guess. I didn't report it yet because i'm not entirely sure if it's something on my side, but i can at least confirm that i'm missing them too. Other tats work fine.

What i'm not sure about either is the healing by eating stuff, i've read the description but it isn't even mentioned there... was that removed? 

1 hour ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

True, i guess. I didn't report it yet because i'm not entirely sure if it's something on my side, but i can at least confirm that i'm missing them too. Other tats work fine.

What i'm not sure about either is the healing by eating stuff, i've read the description but it isn't even mentioned there... was that removed? 

If you are not seeing facial tats, 90% chance its an NioOverride ini issue.

I think I've noticed one problem that create compatibility issues with Separate Orgasm. I've noticed that the wear status doesn't get updated on "partner" orgasm, only of PC orgasm. Tried it more times but it was just like that. On the other hand nice work with Estrus. Works like a charm

3 hours ago, SuplenC said:

I think I've noticed one problem that create compatibility issues with Separate Orgasm. I've noticed that the wear status doesn't get updated on "partner" orgasm, only of PC orgasm. Tried it more times but it was just like that. On the other hand nice work with Estrus. Works like a charm

So why do you think W&T should be applied both times? 

I don't think of w&t culminating because of the orgasm - it just happens to be a convenient place & time to capture, compute and record it. More realistically, I should be computing W&T not on orgasms at all, but on (1) schlong size (2) rape and/or aggressiveness (3) length of act.

So if some one has a long 7 -stage animation, that should really incur more W&T, not that some other mod tries to simulate tandem orgasms.

Seriously I have thought about W&T being recorded at Animation End, which comes after Orgasm. And if the orgasm is interrupted (attack, or other reason), the W&T still gets applied, despite no orgasm. 

But for now, it works pretty well, even it doesn't really make sense when you think about it.

My $0.02.

16 minutes ago, gooser said:

I don't think of w&t culminating because of the orgasm - it just happens to be a convenient place & time to capture, compute and record it. More realistically, I should be computing W&T not on orgasms at all, but on (1) schlong size (2) rape and/or aggressiveness (3) length of act.

This would be the gold standard, but barring that applying once at the end (or start if you wish) would be better than doing it everytime someone orgasmed. imo ?

3 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

This would be the gold standard, but barring that applying once at the end (or start if you wish) would be better than doing it everytime someone orgasmed. imo ?

Why? Not sure why more orgasms in the same sexual act == more abuse.

Just now, gooser said:

Why?

Why do I think basing it on schlong size/rape or aggression/length of the act would be the gold standard? 

because it better encapsulates the acts that should determine wear and tear and is most immersive.

or 

Why do I think applying it once at the end/beginning is would be better than doing it once per orgasm?

because I don't feel like orgasming really has anything to do with W&T and it would be better at that point to just do it once per act if the first option turned out to not be doable or too complicated. 

?

7 minutes ago, Corsayr said:

Why do I think basing it on schlong size/rape or aggression/length of the act would be the gold standard? 

because it better encapsulates the acts that should determine wear and tear and is most immersive.

or 

Why do I think applying it once at the end/beginning is would be better than doing it once per orgasm?

because I don't feel like orgasming really has anything to do with W&T and it would be better at that point to just do it once per act if the first option turned out to not be doable or too complicated. 

?

Thanks. I had misread your prior response. I agree with you.

I am willing to investigate the issue for @SuplenC assuming log files are produced.  I don't know off hand why one works and one doesn't. It could be that two orgasm events are occurring two rapidly in succession. But that is unlikely. I don't know and don't use SSO so I am only speculating.

But, as I said, philosophically, I disagree with the idea, and Apropos2 does it "wrong" now and it sort of works. Ultimately, W&T should be based on other factors, and only related to Orgasm indirectly (actually one could imagine MORE w&t for an aggressor deprived of orgasm!)

On 11/9/2018 at 9:36 PM, gooser said:

Plus, @Worik

Editing the consumables is not a *introductory* feature, but advanced. The starter list included with the mod as it is today already exceeds what could be done with Apropos Classic, which hardcoded exactly three consumables.

So you can add stuff to the  WearAndTear_Consumables.txt and it will be available as cure or is it just for the value of hardcoded cures?

I'd like to add more common stuff to the list like troll fat, honey, frost salts etc.

=====================

Just tested it - awesome ? 

Milkaddict adds Lactacid to food you choose, like for example cheese or maybe cum bottles  (ME) and you can add them too Apropos2 and have to decide if it is worth using it ?

1 hour ago, hexenhaus said:

So you can add stuff to the  WearAndTear_Consumables.txt and it will be available as cure or is it just for the value of hardcoded cures?

I'd like to add more common stuff to the list like troll fat, honey, frost salts etc.

=====================

Just tested it - awesome ? 

Milkaddict adds Lactacid to food you choose, like for example cheese or maybe cum bottles  (ME) and you can add them too Apropos2 and have to decide if it is worth using it ?

The idea with W&T Consumables, is yes, they can heal W&T - but that comes at its own cost.

With Skooma, possible addiction (if you have Complete Alchemy and Cooking Overhaul, it includes Skooma addiction 'effects', OR if you have SexLab Skooma Whore - it really gets interesting).

At the very minimum, Arousal will be increased by Apropos no matter what the consumable is.

15 hours ago, gooser said:

I am willing to investigate the issue for @SuplenC assuming log files are produced.  I don't know off hand why one works and one doesn't. It could be that two orgasm events are occurring two rapidly in succession. But that is unlikely. I don't know and don't use SSO so I am only speculating.

Well, the reason is most likely that SLSO overwrites/changes SL scripts and especially changes orgasms, that's why all mods listening to orgasm need an extra patch to work with SLSO (as additional download, otherwise it would be broken if you don't use SLSO). According to Ed8 the patch isn't much work and he even provided an example on the download page for SLSO, but if you want support that is up to you.

12 minutes ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

Well, the reason is most likely that SLSO overwrites/changes SL scripts and especially changes orgasms, that's why all mods listening to orgasm need an extra patch to work with SLSO (as additional download, otherwise it would be broken if you don't use SLSO). According to Ed8 the patch isn't much work and he even provided an example on the download page for SLSO, but if you want support that is up to you.

Apropos2 *already* has this patch. 

That is why I keep asking for a log file.

A simple search for the word "OrgasmStartSSO" will indicate the call has been intercepted by Apropos2.

Actually attaching it to the AnimationEnd event would work pretty good and makes more sense.

Dunno how compatibility of SOS works but as a workaround you might use the weight of a partner perhaps?

But, as I said, philosophically, I disagree with the idea, and Apropos2 does it "wrong" now and it sort of works

Yes that's true, I just was thinking about a workaround cause I was playing with SLSO and during the rape, most of the times only the rapist orgasms not the victim, which never triggers the W&T cause it's attached to the PC orgasm event.

8 minutes ago, SuplenC said:

Actually attaching it to the AnimationEnd event would work pretty good and makes more sense.

Dunno how compatibility of SOS works but as a workaround you might use the weight of a partner perhaps?

Yes that's true, I just was thinking about a workaround cause I was playing with SLSO and during the rape, most of the times only the rapist orgasms not the victim, which never triggers the W&T cause it's attached to the PC orgasm event.

Logs?