4 hours ago, gooser said:

I was afraid of that. Oh well.

What other mods integrate with EC+? Defeat?

On top of Nazzzgul666 list, it is important to remember that EC+ is not just animation registration and framework. It has its own activation in the form of Chaurus attacks. 

2 hours ago, gooser said:

Thanks, I was wondering about it for my own testing, etc. With MNC/SLAL I can use Hentai Creatures to spawn and test. Wasn't sure there was some long-term mod that I would care to keep, to test Apropos changes with.

Since EC+ sets up the Estrus animations in Sexlab, a few other mods do detect if EC+ is present and have some soft dependency options. 

The big one off the top of my head is Cursed Loot, since it has a whole section of trap types based on using these animations (including the futuristic robo animations I believe).  Essentially picking plants can make tentacles attack you, and mining I believe can uncover a "dormant dwemer sex machine". 

As Nazzgul mentioned there are a also few addon mods that essentially extend EC+ functionality to spiders and dwemer automatons as well (and can be active while EC+ is set to basically never fire, if you like one type of critter but not the other).

The thing I found especially cool about EC+ and the Estrus animation descriptions were that EC+ would actually have the player = victim flag set properly during a spit attack, despite the animation being solo.  So the descriptions you get as the unlucky victim of a tentacle attack are much different from when you trigger a "consensual" scene by manually picking the animations with Sexlab Tools/Matchmaker.

20 minutes ago, waiyan said:

Male masturbation description is using female lines. And npcs use pc's name in lesbian description .

Yep.  Thanks. I haven't played as Male in a while so I'm not surprised these crept up.

On the second item - in an animation not involving the PC, the PC's name is still used? or its mixed up?

What's more worrying imho would be komotors animations, for example he made one that sexlab counts as masturbation because there are no other ingame actors involved, but the animations shows his own versions of a horse and a troll. Or the other way around: shown is player and furniture, but two NPCs are used additionally to the PC so in SL it counts as threesome. I guess it would be best to ignore them entirely.

lets see if i can remember correct

Tentacle animations get triggered by:

Base mods:

• zzEstrus                               (for the animations (tentacle,slime,dwemer) , textures, esp mostly deactivated, last version to work with Estrus+ => zz v160r1)
  • Estrus+                               (chaurus spit attack, chaurus pregnancy)

Mods that use Estrus+ to trigger events:

• Estrus Spider addon               (spider spit attack, spider pregnancy)
  • Estrus Dwemer addon            (dwemer zzEstrus animations, dwemer pregnancy)
  • Sexlab Parasites                      (collecting chaurus eggs triggers?)
  • FMEA                                     (failing enchantement tiggers tentacle attack, collecting plants (?))
  • Deviously Enchanted Chests   (tentacle attack triggered by looting => slime attacks, tentacle attacks, dwemer attacks) <= ultimate zzEstrus trigger mod
  • DCL                                        (tentacle attack triggered by looting, collecting plants, mining(?))
  • Haunted House                       (looting chests)
  • MME                                      (tentacle armor can be configured)
17 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

Tentacle animations get triggered by:

Spoiler

Base mods:

• zzEstrus                               (for the animations (tentacle,slime,dwemer) , textures, esp mostly deactivated, last version to work with Estrus+ => zz v160r1)
  • Estrus+                               (chaurus spit attack, chaurus pregnancy)

Mods that use Estrus+ to trigger events:

• Estrus Spider addon               (spider spit attack, spider pregnancy)
  • Estrus Dwemer addon            (dwemer zzEstrus animations, dwemer pregnancy)
  • Sexlab Parasites                      (collecting chaurus eggs triggers?)
  • FMEA                                     (failing enchantement tiggers tentacle attack, collecting plants (?))
  • Deviously Enchanted Chests   (tentacle attack triggered by looting => slime attacks, tentacle attacks, dwemer attacks) <= ultimate zzEstrus trigger mod
  • DCL                                        (tentacle attack triggered by looting, collecting plants, mining(?))
  • Haunted House                       (looting chests)
  • MME                                      (tentacle armor can be configured)

plus POP which places a tentacle tub into some cells. Though I have no idea if it makes use of them ?

17 minutes ago, worik said:

plus POP which places a tentacle tub into some cells. Though I have no idea if it makes use of them ?

arent that ZAZ animation tigger furnitures?

does that mean estrus+ adds pregnancy to those too? :O

but now that you say it:

we shall not forget the new SLAL billy animations for furo tubes, and the new mimic attack

does sex with netch count as tentacle attack too? =D

hi gooser! i understand you want to wait a while longer for sse SL before you update to sse.

so in the meantime, could you provide any special instructions required for a conversion "at your own risk"?

i've run into a problem, because i don't see where the version check is stored, so i can't disable it...

also maybe some words on getting the mcm to work, though i'd probably figure that out, i did for a couple other mods!^^

14 hours ago, gooser said:

I was afraid of that. Oh well.

What other mods integrate with EC+? Defeat?

Cursed Loot does. It actually integrate it and trigger only those when expected so if you want to see how to recognize those it could be a good place to see

1 hour ago, 9bananas said:

hi gooser! i understand you want to wait a while longer for sse SL before you update to sse.

so in the meantime, could you provide any special instructions required for a conversion "at your own risk"?

i've run into a problem, because i don't see where the version check is stored, so i can't disable it...

also maybe some words on getting the mcm to work, though i'd probably figure that out, i did for a couple other mods!^^

Here's a patched script that circumvents the version check.

Naturally, your mileage may vary. :)

I would not recommend this to anyone besides those trying to get Apropos 2 to work ahead of my official release.

Apropos2SystemConfig.7z

4 hours ago, C5Kev said:

Just a thought - You might want to consider adding a description of what your mod is, not just telling folks what you did over the past version.  Many new visitors may not know about your mod.

Yes, will be doing an update to the main page after the next release. Most of the users are already familiar with Apropos Classic, and if not in the meantime you can read this:

6 hours ago, Nazzzgul666 said:

What's more worrying imho would be komotors animations, for example he made one that sexlab counts as masturbation because there are no other ingame actors involved, but the animations shows his own versions of a horse and a troll. Or the other way around: shown is player and furniture, but two NPCs are used additionally to the PC so in SL it counts as threesome. I guess it would be best to ignore them entirely.

I have been occasionally tempted to try Komotors, but the approach there seems to be "Skyrim As Playground to Play Sex Animations", rather than "Skyrim to Play As a Game that Also Has Sex Animations"

IOW, they are a little weird. Not sure why they seem that way.

Been trying to test this for ages, very tired and getting no closer to understanding which messages get called when...*sigh*

Been looking in the console during scenes and it keeps saying it can't read the "resistant file" or the Vaginal stage 1 through 4, I'm assuming none of the staged categories work, the only file that appears to yield messages is the general actor file, like female_actor_troll and such, I can also see the console making note of the arousal level, with "tot" 46, Last arousal 46, I don't know what "tot" means, "total" perhaps, but I imagine it's trying to call messages based on arousal in any case.

The more I examine the files the more questions arise, firstly, does the mod call messages according to one factor, such as vaginal, anal, etc, or many factors such as arousal of Primary and Active as well?... which brings me to the main question, does it also determine the availability of messages for a scene based on what specific keywords (synonyms, descriptors) are contained within any given message? Like words such as Penis, Prick, Cock or Pussy, Quim, Cunt being only for progressively higher arousal levels?

Also, The hotkey option to generate messages only seems to work when it feels like it, or maybe during a specific stage of an animation, getting less reliable the more stages there are in said animation, if as I suspect, messages have to pass all these different checks of stage, sex type, arousal of both parties, contained synonyms/descriptors and themes... well... I really hope the mods code isn't as labrynthian as it's leading me to believe, because my head really hurts from trying to figure out which of the many...many files my messages are being drawn from.

Finally, the wear and tear decals are being applied after scenes even after disabling them in the mcm, and getting stuck on my character until I remove them manually with Slavetats.

Now... excuse me while I go collapse in a corner somewhere *BANG* (X__X) lol

2 minutes ago, gooser said:

I have been occasionally tempted to try Komotors, but the approach there seems to be "Skyrim As Playground to Play Sex Animations", rather than "Skyrim to Play As a Game that Also Has Sex Animations"

IOW, they are a little weird. Not sure why they seem that way.

Entirely agree with you on that part. I mean, they look good and some even great, but it's almost impossible to trigger them with common mods in a way that makes sense - and according to him, on purpose or at least he doesn't care. Nice to watch once or twice, but i guess that's better done as a video especially because my hardware doesn't allow to run a lot of graphic enhancements, or maybe i'm just too stupid to set them up properly, but when my FPS went down to 0.03 after installing an ENB i gave up immediatly.^^ Plus for some he locked the camera movements which freaks sexlab out when the animation is finished...

Therefore my favorite is still one of the first, anal masturbation with a mean dildo, imho one of the best masturbation animations. This and a really great lesbian animation are the main reason i still install them and don't really care that the others never really trigger, if i register them at all.

5 minutes ago, AnonAngelion said:

Been trying to test this for ages, very tired and getting no closer to understanding which messages get called when...*sigh*

Been looking in the console during scenes and it keeps saying it can't read the "resistant file" or the Vaginal stage 1 through 4, I'm assuming none of the staged categories work, the only file that appears to yield messages is the general actor file, like female_actor_troll and such, I can also see the console making note of the arousal level, with "tot" 46, Last arousal 46, I don't know what "tot" means, "total" perhaps, but I imagine it's trying to call messages based on arousal in any case.

The more I examine the files the more questions arise, firstly, does the mod call messages according to one factor, such as vaginal, anal, etc, or many factors such as arousal of Primary and Active as well?... which brings me to the main question, does it also determine the availability of messages for a scene based on what specific keywords (synonyms, descriptors) are contained within any given message? Like words such as Penis, Prick, Cock or Pussy, Quim, Cunt being only for progressively higher arousal levels?

Also, The hotkey option to generate messages only seems to work when it feels like it, or maybe during a specific stage of an animation, getting less reliable the more stages there are in said animation, if as I suspect, messages have to pass all these different checks of stage, sex type, arousal of both parties, contained synonyms/descriptors and themes... well... I really hope the mods code isn't as labrynthian as it's leading me to believe, because my head really hurts from trying to figure out which of the many...many files my messages are being drawn from.

Finally, the wear and tear decals are being applied after scenes even after disabling them in the mcm, and getting stuck on my character until I remove them manually with Slavetats.

Now... excuse me while I go collapse in a corner somewhere *BANG* (X__X) lol

Have your read the description here:

Apropos 2 processing occurs in the same fashion. It just has added features and is a platform for me to add going forward.

Kudos to reading the console output. LOL

14 hours ago, Cyber Ted said:

Another one having problems with the new widgets being unresponsive.

On the previous Apropos version I have the widgets running fine from Centre, Top. Have tried cleaned save and new character but still cannot successfully move the widgets from Left, top. I also have the weird top left corner stacking when running the test.

I'm running Skyrim LE, with a few SkyUI HUD related mods. (Matter of Time, RN&D, Arousal, Loot and Degradation, PSQ, Sexist guards).  All these work well and worked with previous apropos without conflict.

Thanks for looking into this, Apropos is a must on my load list. My little character gets herself into a lot of trouble and Apropos really helps both describe and visually indicate the consequences of her more questionable decisions. :D

I'm hoping you can find a fix for this as the rest of the new Apropos was working great for me. Thanks for your time and effort. 

Think I found the issue. On the way of building Apropos2, I transitioned the MCM implementation to the new "State" based approach, that yields easier to read code but I borked some small details with regard to Anchor & Offset as those work together, and the MCM State approach doesn't seem to cater to. I'm going to revert those four properties to use the old MCM style.

10 hours ago, gooser said:

Yep.  Thanks. I haven't played as Male in a while so I'm not surprised these crept up.

On the second item - in an animation not involving the PC, the PC's name is still used? or its mixed up?

pc vs npc Lesbian animations use pc's name for both actors.

npc vs npc lesbian animations refer the names correctly but use male vs female descriptions. 

8 minutes ago, AnonAngelion said:

Haha, yes I read that when I used classic the first time, it's just so much information to take in is all, I get what it's "supposed" to do, but the somewhat random occurances in this mod make it impossible to test without understanding what it's doing in the background, which so far, even with the explanation, feels hard to grasp.

The worst part is that your telling me what it does in the background yet I can't wrap my head around how complex it sounds...

Looking at the description, it seems to imply the "individual files" titled with your character gender and partner ID... are the ones you add your own messages to.

So I tried  "Female_Actor_Troll", I put some messages in the text titled "Female_Actor_Troll_Vaginal", this is what I'm calling the "general" text as it doesn't specify a stage.

So... the problem I'm having is that only messages from THAT text are appearing, and sometimes messages that I swear I have changed from default appear even though they are no longer present in any of the "Vaginal_stage_X" texts in the Troll file, which brings me to the next suspect Dun dun duhhh!

The resistant file is the only other source that seems to mirror the default messages in the surface "db" folder, so what are these for?

The file being named "resistant" implies that it's for generating non-consensual messages, but that can't be right when there are already texts for "Rape" messages.

I hope you can now see why I'm spinning out here, because if not, I'm doomed to only ever be able use the general texts, not even knowing when the mod deems them appropriate, it could be at the start of an animation when things are mild, it could be in the middle when things are just heating up, or at the end, when it's all over, who knows.

I could get a message saying it's just starting when it's actually finishing, or vice versa, but... I never do, just a default message that just so happens to be appropriate... which is why I'm so confused... how does it know?! what mystical force from the shivering isles tells it to show the correct messages when I change them? I even went to the trouble to make a backup of the texts, under Troll, deleting all but one message to see if it would show in game, and it still showed a default one, when it didn't even exist! XD Lmao! How?!

Anyway... For real now, I need sleep, I think I'm dying... lol. 

Hopefully, if your able to answer my questions I'll actually be able to absorb the information when I wake up ?

If not, I'm sorry for wasting your time and I'll just have to use the defaults, it's not that I don't like them, I just thought it would be cool to add my own personal touch, and my stubborness won't let me give up lol.

Ok, for starters, your long wall of text is a bit to tackle.

Maybe you can ask simple questions going forward? Reading what you have written seems more like a stream of consciousness than a straight forward request or question.

I'm still trying to settle some bugs and merge three databases for a new release, so I don't have time at the moment for a detailed discussion of how everything works, inside and out. Some of the confusion you have described is due to a feature called "Themes" which I will be removing completely in the near future. It has been a PITA, your complaints today a great example.

If you have specific questions, expressed concisely in 2-3 sentences, for for it.

ohoh, here it goes, hope its my fault somehow:

(all happens on a new game)

first: most what Apropos classic had to offer works in apropos 1.0.0.5 too

New Apropos does register way better what happens during SL animations and chooses the right comments, thx for that one gooser

but some things dont work on my setup and I hope ppl can proove me wrong:

MISC SEX EFFECTS:

SL animation change and SL animation stage repeat works great,
but the Rape Animation Switch Chance is stuck at 30%
I can rise or lower the %, but it jumps always back to 30%

apropo02.jpg.b090e0df6654fbb40b01dfcf19e25469.jpg

W&T consumables:
they just dont work anymore on my setup with 1.0.0.5, means no W&T heal or SLA rise or any effects/comments

I rose the spider egg/ chaurus egg heal effect to 50 in txt without effect

W&T healing over time still works

What is different for me from Classic to 1.0.0.5:

• no sound while consuming W&T consumables (sighs are missing)
  • no onscreen comment that descriptes the heal effect or the arousal rise
  • no W&T heal effect

EDIT: will try to add "Parasite Spider Egg" and rise skooma effect, maybe stuff got renamed by RND and because of german game language
aporpo01.jpg.ca2cf2c5bd094b37aa41ad346b2bced8.jpg

apropo04.jpg.71f29e2d6ac6190edeae203fd5d00f40.jpg

Slow down effects:

they dont seem to slow down my PC anymore, but there is a high chance its a conflict with DT or SLS or DDi or NDUNinflation or PSQ (even if its not running atm)

but I post it anyway in case its not only me

special in this case is: at the end of the running animation its like the PC gets stopped right on the spot, as if slow down is working but gets overwritten
I keep an eye on that one

apropo05.jpg.fd1f27ac454899e16a2795dd52660d0f.jpg

apropo06.jpg.200eb9508dfc420c0aa1827f847c554e.jpg

Solutions maybe?
should I click that one:

apropo03.jpg.961df8c44f116ccc430726cad9b74863.jpg