SexLab Dirty Talk October 23, 2018

Been testing this a bit and it seems wether it works or not is dependant on what mod started the sex...

for example:

Sex started by Defeat - Always work

Sex started by Scent of Sex - Never work

Sex started by Deviously enslaved - Works but is buggy, sometimes all is fine, sometime no text, sometime text is just a quick flash, sometime text is displayed after the animation is finished and once I even had a bystander, (standing right next to the animation), say the lines directly after the animation had played…??  (that was weird)...

I just noticed also this mod and a think about the SEQ files could be good to notice for all those troubles mentioned:

Spoiler

SEQ files are needed since the 1.6 patch. The SEQ file contains information about "Start Game Enabled" quests.

If your mod contains new quests that must be running from the very get-go, you need to create a SEQ file telling the game about it, otherwise the quest might not run, fail to run scripts, fail to enable dialog or mess up in many other ways. Thanks Obama ... I mean Bethesda.

Ok well just to let you know, I finished my playthrough and started another. The new game kicked in those SEQ files. It required a fresh start for it to work for me.  That's what the trouble was this whole time. And I even started my game with subtitles turned on because I forgot to turn it back off but it worked anyway with it on.

Doesn't work for me at all.

I have it at the absolute bottom of my load order so nothing can overwrite it. Have always had all subtitle options on and made sure they were still on. Have had Fuz Ro D-oh for years. Turned off free camera. Waited 15 in game days in my current save, saved and tried it, reloaded the save and tried it, nothing. Made a new fresh test character and nothing. Even saved and reloaded the test character, nothing. I used Match Maker, the most bare minimum of sex starting mods, for all of this.

As the kids say, I literally cannot even.

@Kamen Rider Kuuga Most who reported that it wasn't working said that it worked on a new game.

The mod registers for SexLab events globally and plays scenes accordingly with some detection for what's going on in the Scene. If you have a different Mod installed that is registering for the same events, it might end up overriding this Mod's event registration.

I tested with MatchMaker for consensual and SL Pheromones for aggressor scenes and it all worked fine. But, if a Mod has all the SexLab events locked down for a scene that it starts (like SL Defeat), this Mod may get crowded out. With conflcting Mods, the one with the higher load order likely wins here.

8 minutes ago, Kamen Rider Kuuga said:

Like I said, I started a new game with a test character specifically for this and it didn't work. I don't use Defeat or anything else like that.

Oh well, guess its load order slot will go to something else.

It works fine in all my testing and the vast majority of people in the thread, as you can see.

You've provided no detail to divine the answer, so we'll chalk it up to a PEBKAC error.

17 hours ago, Hugh Reckum said:

I'll add dialogue to this if anyone wants to create it.

I was thinking about using the current dialogue the mod already has. It must be good enough and easier to make.

I play with a female character that is straight, so I never got to see the dialogues created for M/F because I don't play as male. Many players must play like that and are missing "content" that could be added if we have both actors making comments when havin sex. I think it would look good from what I've seen in TES5edit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 5:17 PM, Hugh Reckum said:

I'll add dialogue to this if anyone wants to create it.

On 11/15/2018 at 3:37 PM, Highborn said:

@Hugh Reckum any plans to add player talk during scenes as well?

Many ppl roleplay Skyrim, even the sex acts I rather not have my character saying shit that doesn't match her/ his personality that would be annoying and detract from the awesome mod you have created. 

My opinion on the matter, take it or leave it is up to you as it is your mod.

Thanks for all the hard work.

31 minutes ago, yagonew said:

Many ppl roleplay Skyrim, even the sex acts I rather not have my character saying shit that doesn't match her/ his personality that would be annoying and detract from the awesome mod you have created. 

My opinion on the matter, take it or leave it is up to you as it is your mod.

Thanks for all the hard work.

It could be uploaded as an optional .esp you know that right? Given that option, if you don't like just don't download it and keep your version. Not really that hard.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got around to actively using this mod (finished the current version of Thief so it's back to my regular Skyrim load order).  Definitely a cool mod and I think it works well in combination with Apropos2 - Apropos covering flavour descriptions of the action in the widget while Dirty Talk covers dialogue.  Thanks for the share.

Dirty Talk and Sexist Guards kinda step on each other's toes during aggressive scenes, since SG covers a very similar function during those scenes - however SG's SL scene dialogue is toggleable if someone wanted to run both, and they don't seem to cause any actual compatibility problems other than clipping each other's dialogues if they fire back-to-back.

I only really had one bug report and one suggestion (if/when you get back to Skryim modding of course, based on your description of your computer failure in the other mod thread)

Bug

- Dirty Talk seems to have trouble detecting between a player-included scene and a scene that just happens to be playing at the same time between different actors.  For instance if my PC was engaged in a creature scene via Pheromones or another mod, and another NPC started a creature scene nearby, the female in the other scene starts firing lesbian dialogue as if she was animating with the PC.

Suggestion

- Might already be a way to do this, but a simple start/stop toggle could help the mod be more usable long-term even if it was just a console command.  That way the mod could be temporarily disabled during those rare SL quest mods that have custom scene dialogue.

• 3 weeks later...