SexLab Dirty Talk October 23, 2018

8 hours ago, Cicro72 said:

Same issue here. Installed the mod but no dialog. I have plenty of mods including Apropos. Perhaps one of them is suppressing the text?

A few people have reported this but I'm not sure what's going on with it yet, I have the SexLab Events registering OnInit and OnPlayerLoadGame, so it should work in new games and if loaded in save games, but it's possible that something else is interfering, or as Reese said, it could be the free camera setting in SexLab.

Once I know what the issue is that's causing it, there might be some way to work around it...

8 hours ago, Reesewow said:

Awesome to see a new dialogue mod, these tend to be some of my favorite mods long-term - I've used Sexist Guards and Apropos forever, but it never hurts to have more options.

While I'm not in a great spot to test it out (playing through Thief atm which is a non-sexlab mod), what the front page describes so far sounds excellent.  Especially the additional tag detection sounds like it may be able to offer comments that relate more closely to the animation playing, assuming they are tagged well.

Yeah, the tag system could be quite detailed, for instance, one could have a specific dialogue for a Cunnilingus, 69 animation with an Orc Female if the Player happened to be wearing ankle shackles and a slave collar... Obviously, the more specific you make something, the less frequently it will come up, but I'm just pointing out that the Mod can be very specific.

8 hours ago, Reesewow said:

If I had a feature suggestion for such a mod, it would be to expand its functionality in a limited way to creature-PC scenes, but just for the PC to occasionally comment on her situation (similar to Sexist Guards, as I think that would be the only in-sex scene functionality that wouldn't be duplicated by this mod).

Alright, I'll look into it. :classic_smile:

1 hour ago, Newbie2015 said:

Hi. Mod looks cool, thank you. I have little question, male (PC) and female (NPC) working fine but male (PC) and male (NPC) not working for me. Am i doing something wrong or mod dont support gay scenes?

You're not doing anything wrong, right now I don't have MM stuff added in (Being straight, I'm probably not the best person to write it). But, if anyone would be willing to write some MM dialogue and provide it, I would be happy to add it in.

Also useful would be some M as victim stuff, I have M consensual and M aggressor, but don't have M as victim yet. That could apply to MM scenes or MF (for a crazy FemDom ballbuster type lol).

11 hours ago, Reesewow said:

If I had a feature suggestion for such a mod, it would be to expand its functionality in a limited way to creature-PC scenes, but just for the PC to occasionally comment on her situation (similar to Sexist Guards, as I think that would be the only in-sex scene functionality that wouldn't be duplicated by this mod).

Did some testing with Sexist Guards, and it seems that the only type of scene that the Mods will fight over is if PC character is female and it's a PC victim (rape) scene. In that case the Mods are effectively registering for the same events. Sometimes it comes out fine and even interesting as it is a mix of the 2 Mod's dialogues, other times it will end with a few dialogues getting spewed out at the end. Sexist Guards does have the MCM toggle for that one feature only and everything else seems to work well between the Mods. - I will probably add an MCM option in this Mod so female victim PC scenes can be toggled off in this Mod, and then people could decide which Mod they want to handle those.

This Mod is differentiated from SG in that it also covers female PC consensual scenes, and male PC consensual and aggressive scenes. (Adding female PC aggressor and male PC victim are on the to-do list). This Mod is also a bit more specific about finding what's happening during the scenes than SG, from what I can see in the scripts, SG checks for 6 tags, where this Mod checks for more than 80, and it can also differentiate between something like 35 different DD-type items specifically (or in any combinations). There's about 700ish dialogues at the moment, but obviously there's still a lot of 'fill in the blanks' areas.

The dialogue not showing in free camera mode is definitely the main problem. Without free camera the dialogue shows up but the view is stuck somewhere up on the ceiling and there's no way I would view a sex scene in that mode. The dialogue is great and it definitely adds to immersion but without free camera enabled I think this mod is unusable.

1 hour ago, Wayward1 said:

This is a great idea! Have you considered integrating with Devious Mind Break?

Do you want to elaborate?

1 hour ago, km1102 said:

I miss this feature because i play Oblivion so much. Anyways, can you make a patch for SLSO please

It already checks if SLSO is installed and will only play 1 orgasm event if it is. Or do you mean something else?

53 minutes ago, olonolo said:

The dialogue not showing in free camera mode is definitely the main problem. Without free camera the dialogue shows up but the view is stuck somewhere up on the ceiling and there's no way I would view a sex scene in that mode. The dialogue is great and it definitely adds to immersion but without free camera enabled I think this mod is unusable.

I don't know of any subtitles in the game that will show up in free camera mode, think it's a limitation of the engine. Personally, I play in 3rd person and since it's possible to control the camera position relative to the Player (with a few easy console commands), and SexLab has 360 degree panning, I haven't generally found it necessary to use the tfc or auto free camera option in SexLab. But, maybe if you play 1st person, the camera doesn't come out as nicely...

36 minutes ago, WCSC said:

Is it me, or do the comments disappear very quickly?  I can't seem to have time to read.  Also, is it just one comment, or do they comment as they go along?  I just seem to see one, and too fast to see unless it's short

Could be another Mod interfering...

I like this idea alot :)

...just to combine a million question into one, what of the following is supported so far?

Female PC and NPC:

1.  FM - Consensual

2.  FM - Aggressive (PC victim)

3.  FM - Aggressive (PC aggressor)

4.  FF - Consensual

5.  FF - Aggressive (PC victim)

6.  FF - Aggressive (PC aggressor)

Male PC and NPC

7.  MF - Consensual

8.  MF - Aggressive (PC victim)

9.  MF - Aggressive (PC aggressor)

10.  MM - Consensual

11.  MM - Aggressive (PC victim)

12.  MM - Aggressive (PC aggressor)

NPC and NPC:

13.  FM - Consensual (Female perspective)

14.  FM - Aggressive (Female victim)

15.  FM - Aggressive (Female aggressor)

16.  FF - Consensual (Either perspective) 

17.  FF - Aggressive (Female victim)

18.  FF - Aggressive (Female aggressor)

19.  MF - Consensual (Memale perspective)

20.  MF - Aggressive (Male victim)

21.  MF - Aggressive (Male aggressor)

22.  MM - Consensual (Either perspective)

23.  MM - Aggressive (Male victim)

24.  MM - Aggressive (Male aggressor)

41 minutes ago, spyke123 said:

I like this idea alot :)

...just to combine a million question into one, what of the following is supported so far?

Female PC and NPC:

1.  FM - Consensual : YES

2.  FM - Aggressive (PC victim) : YES

3.  FM - Aggressive (PC aggressor) Not yet.

4.  FF - Consensual : YES (could use more)

5.  FF - Aggressive (PC victim): YES (could use more)

6.  FF - Aggressive (PC aggressor) Not yet.

Male PC and NPC

7.  MF - Consensual : YES

8.  MF - Aggressive (PC victim) Not yet.

9.  MF - Aggressive (PC aggressor) : YES

10.  MM - Consensual Not yet.

11.  MM - Aggressive (PC victim) Not yet.

12.  MM - Aggressive (PC aggressor) Not yet.

NPC and NPC: So far it's been designed with PC in mind, could add support for NPC + NPC, but probably down the line.

13.  FM - Consensual (Female perspective)

14.  FM - Aggressive (Female victim)

15.  FM - Aggressive (Female aggressor)

16.  FF - Consensual (Either perspective) 

17.  FF - Aggressive (Female victim)

18.  FF - Aggressive (Female aggressor)

19.  MF - Consensual (Memale perspective)

20.  MF - Aggressive (Male victim)

21.  MF - Aggressive (Male aggressor)

22.  MM - Consensual (Either perspective)

23.  MM - Aggressive (Male victim)

24.  MM - Aggressive (Male aggressor)

Thank you for answering my previous question, I installed and am loving it so far, i did modify my copy of it to fix some minor spelling errors and swap out some words I don't find particularly arousing and am loving it. I did notice that whether or not the dialogue displays for me depends on what other mods are running/started the sex scene. Thus far, the dialogue from sexlife interferes and will override if playing at the same time as the sex animation is taking place and sex scenes started by dialogue though sexlab survival will not trigger the dialogue from this mod, but triggered through RDS or skoomawhore works just fine.

1 hour ago, AndragonFirefly said:

Ok, I tried the dialogue setting and no change. Still see no effects from this mod. Male or female npc, free cam or no free cam, doesn't matter what mod triggers the animation, there is nothing happening with this mod on my system. I do use RDO and PC Headtracking. IDK if they would conflict or not.

Not sure why that would be the case, it's registering for SexLab events using the event functions in SexLab API, and running dialogue scenes once they are triggered. - Pretty straight forward mechanics-wise. I suspect maybe another Mod could be interfering, Helleaon mentioned sexlife, I think Sexist Guards could also possibly interfere with Female PC victim scenes (but other types should be OK). So if multiple mods are registering for the same SexLab events, which one fires may depend on load order etc... (Higher load order probably wins).

21 minutes ago, Halleaon said:

Thank you for answering my previous question, I installed and am loving it so far, i did modify my copy of it to fix some minor spelling errors and swap out some words I don't find particularly arousing and am loving it. I did notice that whether or not the dialogue displays for me depends on what other mods are running/started the sex scene. Thus far, the dialogue from sexlife interferes and will override if playing at the same time as the sex animation is taking place and sex scenes started by dialogue though sexlab survival will not trigger the dialogue from this mod, but triggered through RDS or skoomawhore works just fine.

Glad you like that Mod and thx for letting me know about Sexlife.

FYI, if you do find spelling mistakes, don't hesitate to mention them and I will fix them. :classic_smile:

5 minutes ago, AndragonFirefly said:

So I assume this mod requires a specific mod to kickstart the animation. This mod has always been last in the load order since I installed it. It isn't being overwritten by anything. So I am at a loss. 

I used Sexlab's built-in animation trigger from the animation editor window in my brief test and it worked fine, so I doubt it "requires" a specific mod (this was on a near maxed load order on a very very old savegame).  That setup required only Sexlab and the dialogue showed up instantly.  I'm not sure we can help you without more information like at least a papyrus log and/or load order or if you have a particular mod triggering scenes.  Can't really offer more advice without some details beyond the fact it is completely not working.

Would be curious if you would have similar issues with Sexist Guards - if you try that mod out and have the same issues with dialogue in sex scenes, it would definately point to something in your load order being completely incompatible with how these mods work (free camera being on or Sexlab's default flags being altered/removed ect).

2 hours ago, Reesewow said:

I used Sexlab's built-in animation trigger from the animation editor window in my brief test and it worked fine, so I doubt it "requires" a specific mod (this was on a near maxed load order on a very very old savegame).  That setup required only Sexlab and the dialogue showed up instantly.  I'm not sure we can help you without more information like at least a papyrus log and/or load order or if you have a particular mod triggering scenes.  Can't really offer more advice without some details beyond the fact it is completely not working.

Would be curious if you would have similar issues with Sexist Guards - if you try that mod out and have the same issues with dialogue in sex scenes, it would definately point to something in your load order being completely incompatible with how these mods work (free camera being on or Sexlab's default flags being altered/removed ect).

I have used derogatory guards before and it worked just fine. That mod also added dialogue out of sex scenes and replaced a lot of other dialogue that was being added by mods like RDO and PC Headtracking that I didn't like being replaced so haven't used it recently. As far as load order and papyrus script, I'll pass. I will just have to miss out on the mod I guess. This mod is the last in the load order. Highest priority of all 238 mods. I don't really want to post all 238 mods that I am using. Maybe I will look into the mod myself and see what it actually does so that I might know what it is competing with or whatever. Not even sure if it is worth it. Hate spending so much time on a mod I don't even know if I like yet or not. Free cam is off for the umpteenth time. Subtitles off. Last in load order. For sexlab I use Mass Matchmaker, PSQ, Random Sex, Slut Shout, Spouses Enhanced, and ZAP. For dialogue changes I use RDO, PC Headtracking, and a mod mentioned before also adds dialogue and that is Spouses Enhanced.

57 minutes ago, AndragonFirefly said:

As far as load order and papyrus script, I'll pass. I will just have to miss out on the mod I guess. This mod is the last in the load order. Highest priority of all 238 mods. I don't really want to post all 238 mods that I am using. Maybe I will look into the mod myself and see what it actually does so that I might know what it is competing with or whatever. Not even sure if it is worth it. Hate spending so much time on a mod I don't even know if I like yet or not. Free cam is off for the umpteenth time. Subtitles off. Last in load order. For sexlab I use Mass Matchmaker, PSQ, Random Sex, Slut Shout, Spouses Enhanced, and ZAP. For dialogue changes I use RDO, PC Headtracking, and a mod mentioned before also adds dialogue and that is Spouses Enhanced.

That's fine, totally up to you if you want to post details or not.  Its just at some point unless you want to do the digging yourself or offer more technical details for people to try to look at, the conversation is effectively over unless someone else has exactly the same issue and figures out the problem.  Can't really expect people who aren't having these issues to be able to help guess what in your 238 mod load order may be causing a hard incompatibility (beyond the standard stuff like the vanilla subtitles options and free camera).  I don't personally use any of those mods to trigger sex scenes in my game, altho you could always do a test with the Sexlab animation editor itself if you wanted to be sure the problem wasn't related to any triggering mod.

The mod being last in the load order and highest priority definitely doesn't guarantee it will work, as there are several popular mods out there that modify the baseline Sexlab functions and may break mods that depend on them - Sexlab Separate Orgasm comes to mind as a big offender that requires specific patches from any mod that depends on Sexlab's default orgasm event.

16 hours ago, Hugh Reckum said:

right now I don't have MM stuff added in (Being straight, I'm probably not the best person to write it).

So long as you have dialogue that doesn't reference female body parts and has the NPC using gender-neutral language, you could just copy over the dialogue you have in place already for the male and female straight stuff. For instance, the example you gave for the dialogue in a blowjob scene in the mod description would work just as well if a male NPC was saying it.

(And don't worry about not being "the best person to write it". Plenty of straight people write m/m dialogue just fine. Hell, most slash fiction is written by straight women anyways!)