Your Favorite Alcoholic Drink?

KoolHndLuke

4 hours ago, wokking56 said:

Actually recent studies have found that even one drink a day can be detrimental to your health, and depending upon what you drink that one serving could be as small as 1.5 ounces.   https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/13/health/too-much-alcohol-drinking-limits-shorter-life-expectancy/index.html

However that being said I do like an occasional (weak) Jack and Coke or a Whiskey Sour (when I find a place that makes them right. Most of the places around here make a Whiskey Sour that is sweet (kinda ruins the whole point).

Might wanna actually look at the study's rigors because it's basically the behavior based around the drinking A and they fail to cite the actual causes of death B and no shit people who drink every day tend to make the kind of choices in life that lead to early death C and how many people do you know that drink incidentally every day drink just one drink D

Next you'll tell me that people that eat shitty food and too much sugar get cancer a lot, and I'll be totally fucking shocked, right? Like the top ten things that give you cancer that I'll never believe what number one is, and since I'm reading that I might as well click on this ad about Dr. Oz completely nonobjective herbal supplement as bought by millions of bored and sexually frustrated people watching mid day tv

Most people have a limit when they drink- I always knew what mine was.....and usually went over it when I was younger because what's better than being snot-slingin', shit-faced drunk when you're an angry youth and partying till you drop? I had a couple of friends that didn't seem to have an "off" switch and could keep drinking till the sun came up- usually the ones that wreck your car going to buy even more alcohol at 7:30 in the morning when everyone else is going to work or school. Yeah, they could have hurt somebody bad, but, they didn't thankfully.

13 hours ago, dharvinia said:

kill-devil-jamaica-24-year-old-single-cask-rum-jamaica-10867442.jpg.92e644242220cabcf3034ced64ee0a9d.jpg This is the 24 year old for CA$350

Aye, that's the price to pay for the good stuff, comparable only to Scottish single-malt whiskey that is thrice as old.

Makes me wonder what capital in rum crazy Elizabeth Swann has burnt on that forsaken island in the Caribbean to

produce a smoke cloud big enough to call a ship from afar to the rescue. Let's talk about tens of millions in today

US dollars...

Well, maybe it is the privilege of those that look twice as good to burn only half of the rum stock to get rescued *g*

ana.gif.3f0c68c8423420b7eee69228bc7425c7.gif  Drink up, mi 'earties. Yow ho!

Mead, though I have not bought any for ages as the last time I looked, a couple of years ago that is, it had gone seriously expensive for the 75cl bottles, around £15 for the cheapest at that time.  And while I like the stuff I do not like it that much, especially as that size bottle is about 3 of my servings, on a good day on a bad day the bottle is one serving.

4 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Anybody ever play their game while they were drunk off their ass and then wake up the next day and look at your game and say "WTF!!!"? I have.

More than a few times. I once blacked out drunk during an MMO raid (though in fairness the theme of the night has the whole guild crew getting drunk while doing easy raids). I also once got called in to tank a raid boss in rival faction's town. On a night I had just been playing alone and had just drank six sixteen ounce cans of Rolling Rock! And yet I did fucking awesome, we owned that boss even with an enemy guild of noobs trying to stop us, lol ?

Though the worse is a couple times I got drunk while playing DD Skyrim. Usually woke up to find my girl out in the middle of nowhere, robbed of her possessions, and locked in 50 pounds of every type of cursed bondage device imaginable. Yeah, playing a submission type character while drunk is a bad idea...

Needless to say I had to slow down in my drinking.

16 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

Though the worse is a couple times I got drunk while playing DD Skyrim. Usually Woke up to find my girl out in the middle of nowhere, robbed of her possessions, and locked in 50 pounds of every type of cursed bondage device imaginable....

HaHaHa! There has got to be a mod now for Sky called Drunken Adventures! Pretty sure Sanguine will be pouring the drinks.

Image result for pouring drinks gif

Archived