Your Favorite Alcoholic Drink?

KoolHndLuke

When I drink beer- it's either Corona or Heineken if I'm buying for myself. The best lager I have drank was in Germany- don't remember the name. Though, that's not to say that I think German beer or ale is the best- It's the only country in Europe that I tried anything.

Mixed drink I like vodka with tonic and a lemon twist- clean. I do like whisky straight, but, I don't drink that very often.

Some person I just talked to that obviously is somewhat successful in life ordered the cheapest, nastiest beer on the menu. This made me think how much you can tell by what a person's favorite drinks are. Another young woman told me that she thinks there is no difference between one brand of beer or ale and another......and she is soo fucking wrong. What do you drink and what do you think of what other people drink?

Żubrówka - bison grass vodka. Some good home made red wine - mostly Port from some dark berries. I don't drink beer gives you beer belly and has lot of impurities. Also most of alcohol you buy has sulphites, the one you make on your own does not and that is why it is better. Also I drink maybe 2-3 times a year. Alcohol is a POISON it is never good.

15 minutes ago, leizar said:

Alcohol is a POISON it is never good.

Doesn't wine help with digestion and is proven to be effective in helping to prevent cancer and stuff? I wouldn't say all alcohol is poison. I drink on occasion and occasionally get drunk- mostly for the taste, but, I do like the numbing effect of alcohol sometimes. Can't argue with the beer belly since most of my friends have them.?

Everything that's strong and cheap. 5-9% beer, 14% wine and any kind of vodka or moonshine. I never eat while drinking so I don't have a beer gut, and to be honest I don't care whether it's healthy or not.

It's mostly Polish alcohol like Żubr, Karpackie, Kustosz, Amarena, Żytnia and Żubrówka. I tried Heineken before, it tastes good but it's too weak for me.

Somersby blackberry is god tier when it comes to taste but, again, it doesn't have enough volts.

Edit: And it's a little too expensive because I need at least 15-20 beers.

Lager beers in general for me. Wine gives me hangovers from hell. Hard liquor hits me too hard. And ale isn't as good IMO. All that Germanic DNA coursing through me I guess.

As for health issues I've cut back quite a bit on my drinking in the last year. After my recent vacation I ponder if I should move to a state where pot is legal. Pot, while not necessarily healthy, is certainly a healthier vice than drinking. Especially if you vape it. Not to mention you slow down your intake with age naturally. I had all the high quality pot in the world for cheap at my fingertips in Washington and yet smoked only about half a gram over the course of an entire week during my trip. And yet I came back with a mocha addiction. Fucking Seattle, lol....

27 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

I had all the high quality pot in the world for cheap at my fingertips in Washington

You mean you didn't have "make a large purchase" on your to-do list? That's probably medical grade quality up there. I can't for the life of me figure out why it isn't legal everywhere yet.

8 minutes ago, Jazzman said:

1998 Kill Devil  Jamaica Hampden

rum_kil1998v6-a.jpg.d6e5f45b7155efeb6635aee4d32755f7.jpg

Expensive.

Prices go up for even better years

in the past, e.g. 1992 and 1988...

?

I wonder if that is imported anywhere here- i'd like to try it. Do you think the quality of the alcohol affects the quality of your buzz?

12 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

You mean you didn't have "make a large purchase" on your to-do list? That's probably medical grade quality up there. I can't for the life of me figure out why it isn't legal everywhere yet.

Let's just say I knew a fair number of people in my youth to were "make a large purchase" would be nothing new to me. I had access to that option at my fingertips for years, and took advantage. There was an era were smoking two blunts at lunchtime was just Tuesday for me and thus nothing new or edgy in that regards for me. My hippy phase was quite an experience: I was there when Woodstock 99 burnt down, even if I was so intoxicated I only realized it was happens when I noticed a bunch of riot cops showing up....

As for the legalization its just a matter of older generations that were raised on refer madness type propaganda that are holding out and keeping it illegal. Even most of the younger conservative groups I've found myself mingling with recently are tired of the war on drugs and want to see it ended. With any luck the libertarians will continue to increasingly infest the republican party and we can put an end to such nonsense for good. Of the evangelicals will make a comeback, take back their position from the SJWs, and I'll be back to backing the democrat party again, blecchhhkkkk......

1 hour ago, KoolHndLuke said:

I wonder if that is imported anywhere here- i'd like to try it. Do you think the quality of the alcohol affects the quality of your buzz?

I'm pretty sure. Got one in a bar in NYC last month.

Taste and price varies extremely since every island in the Caribbean produces it own Kill Devil rum.

The quality effect is that I always feel a little bit like Blackbeard's daughter when I sip one here on

Jack( Sparrow)'s Hill... sailing away under the Jolly Roger, that is.

Drink up, mi 'earties. Yow ho!

884622653_Fallout42018-10-0118-56-23-65-bw-mini.jpg.c0206ad85eb11ace71e96178f4c01fb4.jpg

42 minutes ago, KoolHndLuke said:

Because back in the day, ol whitey was afraid of all the mojados stealing all the land and the jobs they stole from them originally in tejas and califas, and their carried along demon plant was public enemy #1, and now we can see how much times have changed by the amount of literal internment camps and super progressive white house speeches

8 minutes ago, 27X said:

super progressive white house speeches

I've heard estimates (read them actually since nobody talks about it) on how much revenue from taxes legalized pot would bring in for the govt- enough that they should pull their head out of their asses and do it already.:beer:

A good hard cider is my favorite.  Mead can pretty good, had a bottle from Hidden Legend Winery, stuff was great.  But then I had another bottle from a Colorado brewery that tasted like it was made from latex and ass.  White whine can be good, honestly I prefer the sweet and bubbly kind.  And a big fuck no to rum.  A friend and I got piss drunk on this cheap half gallon of rum one time, and after that, just sniffing the stuff makes me gag.

12 minutes ago, 27X said:

Colorado.

Democrats — who’ve advocated for marijuana decriminalization in their platform since 2012 — tweaked their platform at this year's convention in Fort Worth to call for full legalization.

They're knocking down some of the walls. It will just take some more time I guess. Maybe I won't need to move after all..

Sadly you posted a picture with terrible rum.  Cruzan might be worth mentioning but only because they still make a 151 unlike Bacardi that caved to the stupid people setting themselves on fire with 75% alcohol.

Sailor Jerry is the only spiced rum worth mentioning, mixes great with Vernors.

Whisky neat is alright, but it really depends on the Whiskey. 

The Balvanie Caribbean Cask has an interesting enough flavor that I can drink it. 

Jameson is straight up bottled ass - skip it entirely.

Jack Daniel's is alright if you go for the double filtered Gentleman Jack otherwise mix it with orange juice.

Jim Beam is ok mixed with Coke.

Crown is over-priced but good with 7up.  

5 hours ago, 27X said:

wine has flavonoids, flavonoids are good.

As per everything, moderation and context matter.

Actually recent studies have found that even one drink a day can be detrimental to your health, and depending upon what you drink that one serving could be as small as 1.5 ounces.   https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/13/health/too-much-alcohol-drinking-limits-shorter-life-expectancy/index.html

However that being said I do like an occasional (weak) Jack and Coke or a Whiskey Sour (when I find a place that makes them right. Most of the places around here make a Whiskey Sour that is sweet (kinda ruins the whole point).

Barefoot Wine

Mike's Hard Lemonade (Lemonade, Strawberry, Black Cherry)

Henry's Hard Orange Soda

Those Pucker drinks

Basically anything fruity and able to get rid of the nasty taste of alcohol. I HATE alcohol its like that nasty cherry flavored cough syrup you took as a kid. ?

I also don't drink much, barely had anything this year. I just don't see the fascination of drinking, but then again I'm not a lonely middle age man, a married man trying to escape the legal slavery nightmare at home, or a over worked employee so I guess its not my thing. ?

Archived