Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

3 minutes ago, Laura said:

Do you have a save from before you completed it? I really want to know what's going on.

Unfortunately I deleted the save from around that time, but I do have one from before the entire playthrough.

I'll have to do it again when I have the time, cause tomorrow is probably out of the question.

2 minutes ago, HyperonicX said:

Unfortunately I deleted the save from around that time, but I do have one from before the entire playthrough.

I'll have to do it again when I have the time, cause tomorrow is probably out of the question.

Okay, just let me know when it happens again and post the log when you can.

On 9/30/2021 at 2:31 PM, neghthraw said:

Scrap that, does not appear on a fresh save. Just updating on an existing save problems.

I assume you also upgraded on an existing save?

@HyperonicX It can happen if you upgrade the version on an existing savefile from before 3.30. This should very likely not happen on a new game. It is corrected in 3.30 and higher on a new game.

Edited by neghthraw

@Laura Just a question. do you use the End Condition in any other Quest?

It looks like that we do not progress in a phase => and action is cancled.

I will try to help debugging.

I will simply create a script and check the status of the actions for you. With this we can find out which Action blocks the execution.

ok i checked the actions: Before/after sleep, talking with the Guard and getting Yoke Actions 7 and 2 are finished

i check these actions

Spoiler
actions[0] = 7
	actions[1] = 8
	actions[2] = 9
	actions[3] = 12
	actions[4] = 139
	actions[5] = 132
	actions[6] = 133
	actions[7] = 13
	actions[8] = 162
	actions[9] = 2

If needed i can extend the monitoring for more Actions

btw. i think teh Condition could be the problem, i delete it for me and try the whole scene without the condition for sleeping

Edited by coffeeink
Actions
41 minutes ago, PrinceKung said:

Can someone tell me how to escape cell in a familiar face?

Solution: (do not open if not needed, else heavy spoiler)

Spoiler

it's simple,

• look in the open crate/chest and pick up the knife
  • put knife into Table (activate table)
  • use knife (activate knife)
  • pick door (i think lockpick are in a sack next to the chest)
Edited by coffeeink
12 hours ago, Laura said:

You don't have a key for it, so that shouldn't be an issue. Or did you manage to unlock it that way?

Um,  so I shouldn't be able to get out at all?

Yes I did managed to unlock myself with the "unlock" button in a pop up. Also can get out of it by struggling.

I legitimately wasn't expecting a story with as much emotion and depth in it, absolutely amazing work. Also thanks for making sex stuff opt-in and not super rapey, that is honestly greatly appreciated.

The only significant bug I ran into was it sent me all the way to north of whiterun for njadi but I chopped that up to my skyrim being a horrible mess of "this shouldn't work but it does somehow" so I didn't think to grab the logs of it.

So there is problematic with compatitive issue. First is DCL, which may trigger random trap when interact with container, door in the Laura quest area. Second is Sexlab Arouse triggering mastubating animation during scene AI take control of PC, which lead to broken result. Third is Mimic Clothing, which in the dream quest trigger when the PC is wearing/undressing the merchant clothes. 

For the DCL and Mimic I think there is a suspend keyword to prevent triggering event. I think it should be added in the quest area. Not sure though. @Mister X@Laura

Sooo, I was abroad when the update came, and after that stayed away until I had a chance to play the whole questline.

My nagging about spoilers at least seemed to have some effect, a big Thank You to all who're using spoiler tags. Took a whole 19 hours for the first spoilt contents to appear.

For those wanting to have an option to skip quests: Make a hard save when you're done, write down your modlist (or use a save cleaner) and come back to this save and character when Laura added more story content.

For thoses deleting old saves: Most hard drives have room for a second folder. Easy to move stuff you might need later. No, I won't cite my wife's opinion on my cluttered hard drive...

@Laura thank you very much for you dedicated work on the story! I loved every bit of it!

Spoiler

The escape riddle in Embershard Mine was a bit too easy for my taste, and I was thinking of pointing you towards the authos of Hel Rising for tougher old school riddles, but as other people got stuck there, maybe it's just right.

Silly me forgot to suspend Cursed Loot events, so I had to do the quest twice. I don't know if that mod supports external suspend calls, maybe worth to ask Kimy.

Being all alone in the shop afterwards was weird. I hoped very much that nothing bad had happend to Laura and Kata.

Absolutely loved the Thotium Collar, I hope that it will reappear sometime. Sona kept it, maybe if I sneak to her and steal it back???

I am very curious about Jade's role in the whole story, that was totally unexpected. Good that we didn't draw lots about who was going to Markarth, and who to Embershard Mine ?

I was still in the Locked Away chastity belt during quests, loved the popup during the Origins: "The belt stays on!" Damn.

Not being able to consume food when ballgagged is always an issue when cooking, Hexbolt added something in Submissive Lola, so that "a stewing mistress" doesn't trigger when you're gagged. Maybe this is again something to ask Kimy, if there's a possibility to allow cooking even while you're gagged.

The story contens of Origins is really dark, a bit too dark for my taste, but it explains very well why Laura will never enslave the player, and why this will never ever be another slavery mod. You've stated that quite a few times during the last year, now everybody should really understand it.

Thank you for this wonderful mod. The story is another level!

18 hours ago, PowerBing said:

I'm having a bit of trouble with the new update. Whenever there is a scene where the game is supposed to take control of the player, the player is frozen but then nothing else happens. This happened to me with the scene where Jade steals your potion right after the dialogue box, and (after getting past that part using console commands) it happened again right at the start of the next quest as soon as you agree to help. 

Any idea what could be causing this? I tried reinstalling and creating a new save.

I remember hearing about this from other people, but i don't remember how they fixed it. ?

Make sure you have all requirements installed and check if they're for the right version. Also, are you using SSE?

14 hours ago, coffeeink said:

@Laura Just a question. do you use the End Condition in any other Quest?

It looks like that we do not progress in a phase => and action is cancled.

I will try to help debugging.

I will simply create a script and check the status of the actions for you. With this we can find out which Action blocks the execution.

ok i checked the actions: Before/after sleep, talking with the Guard and getting Yoke Actions 7 and 2 are finished

i check these actions

Reveal hidden contents

If needed i can extend the monitoring for more Actions

btw. i think teh Condition could be the problem, i delete it for me and try the whole scene without the condition for sleeping

Thanks for the detective work. I still think it's a pathing issue. People have the marker, but he doesn't move. And it only seems to go wrong with SSE. I have honestly no clue. ?

Please let me know if you find anything.

9 hours ago, Victus_Ravion said:

I legitimately wasn't expecting a story with as much emotion and depth in it, absolutely amazing work. Also thanks for making sex stuff opt-in and not super rapey, that is honestly greatly appreciated.

The only significant bug I ran into was it sent me all the way to north of whiterun for njadi but I chopped that up to my skyrim being a horrible mess of "this shouldn't work but it does somehow" so I didn't think to grab the logs of it.

Glad you liked it. Thank you so much. :blush:

6 hours ago, hungvipbcsok said:

So there is problematic with compatitive issue. First is DCL, which may trigger random trap when interact with container, door in the Laura quest area. Second is Sexlab Arouse triggering mastubating animation during scene AI take control of PC, which lead to broken result. Third is Mimic Clothing, which in the dream quest trigger when the PC is wearing/undressing the merchant clothes. 

For the DCL and Mimic I think there is a suspend keyword to prevent triggering event. I think it should be added in the quest area. Not sure though. @Mister X@Laura

Thank for letting me know.

It may sound kinda mean, but mods like that are known to cause issues like that. And I think it's up to the player to make sure their mods don't mess with other mods.

54 minutes ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Sooo, I was abroad when the update came, and after that stayed away until I had a chance to play the whole questline.

My nagging about spoilers at least seemed to have some effect, a big Thank You to all who're using spoiler tags. Took a whole 19 hours for the first spoilt contents to appear.

For those wanting to have an option to skip quests: Make a hard save when you're done, write down your modlist (or use a save cleaner) and come back to this save and character when Laura added more story content.

For thoses deleting old saves: Most hard drives have room for a second folder. Easy to move stuff you might need later. No, I won't cite my wife's opinion on my cluttered hard drive...

@Laura thank you very much for you dedicated work on the story! I loved every bit of it!

Hide contents

The escape riddle in Embershard Mine was a bit too easy for my taste, and I was thinking of pointing you towards the authos of Hel Rising for tougher old school riddles, but as other people got stuck there, maybe it's just right.

Silly me forgot to suspend Cursed Loot events, so I had to do the quest twice. I don't know if that mod supports external suspend calls, maybe worth to ask Kimy.

Being all alone in the shop afterwards was weird. I hoped very much that nothing bad had happend to Laura and Kata.

Absolutely loved the Thotium Collar, I hope that it will reappear sometime. Sona kept it, maybe if I sneak to her and steal it back???

I am very curious about Jade's role in the whole story, that was totally unexpected. Good that we didn't draw lots about who was going to Markarth, and who to Embershard Mine ?

I was still in the Locked Away chastity belt during quests, loved the popup during the Origins: "The belt stays on!" Damn.

Not being able to consume food when ballgagged is always an issue when cooking, Hexbolt added something in Submissive Lola, so that "a stewing mistress" doesn't trigger when you're gagged. Maybe this is again something to ask Kimy, if there's a possibility to allow cooking even while you're gagged.

The story contens of Origins is really dark, a bit too dark for my taste, but it explains very well why Laura will never enslave the player, and why this will never ever be another slavery mod. You've stated that quite a few times during the last year, now everybody should really understand it.

Thank you for this wonderful mod. The story is another level!

Thank you so much for the feedback. I'm super happy you liked it. ❤️

48 minutes ago, Laura said:

Thank for letting me know.

It may sound kinda mean, but mods like that are known to cause issues like that. And I think it's up to the player to make sure their mods don't mess with other mods.

Yup. But sexlab arouse is core mod in your requirement. I think you need to do something to negate all the arouse PC has in the area. Or else it may trigger random mastubating animation.

1 hour ago, hungvipbcsok said:

Yup. But sexlab arouse is core mod in your requirement. I think you need to do something to negate all the arouse PC has in the area. Or else it may trigger random mastubating animation.

SLA is needed for the DD Framework and does not use masturbation animations by itself. If you have masturbation animations, that is because of other mods you have installed and not a problem of this mod.

Post Scriptum to my previous post:

I really laughed at the crack in the 4th wall, when a certain person said: "It should do something any moment now." and moments later: "Yes! It works." and I was wondering how she might know about Skyrims scrappy script engine. ?

Of course they were referring to the equipped item, but you got me here!

Spoiler

Referring to the Thotium Collar in Embershard Mine. Right after Jade/Xaiah equipped it on me, she seemed to wait for the script engine to fire up ?

For science,

Spoiler

I decided to see what would happen if I entered Embershard by the back door.  I almost did it the first time because its closer to Riverwood around but figured for the first try I should go in the front door.  Not surprisingly, going in the back way puts you in the 'real' Embershard, which was empty for me because this character had just cleared it a couple days previous.  On the way out (through the front door) I got teleported to the instance at the bottom of the ramp near the tripwire, and the quest updated with "Completed: Go to Embershard Mine"  so hopefully thats enough of a clue to someone doing this without knowing any better that maybe they should turn around and look some more.  Which is what I did.  I suspect though that if I kept heading out it would have kicked me out without being able to get back in?  I shoulda saved then to find out.  Instead I did the puzzle and am running back to the shop.  

So anyway, thats going to be a problem, at some point someone is going to go in the back door because they didn't use fast travel, and will then post about their frustration at finding nothing.  Maybe a triggerbox could be put in the back entrance area saying "Wrong way!  Go in the front door!"  :D

PS:  I wish the thotium collar put ring gags on instead of ball gags.  :)   And maybe ankle chains to slow the player down instead of a hobble dress?  Hobble dresses and ball gags are protective in a way that makes the thotium collar run less interesting.

Edited by Naps-On-Dirt
37 minutes ago, ArtHaberland said:

too many pages to go through.. I figured out  my issue with bodyslide.  none of the DDA stuff shows up when the batch build button is pushed.  So obviously it cannot build for cuffs if the cuffs are not there?

Just something to check, as I had this problem before: Look into all of the mesh folders for actual Devious Devices meshes. Sometimes when a mod manager doesn't have correct permissions, it fails to create some of the shortcuts when installing the mod. If that's the case, running your mod manager in administrator mode and reinstalling all of the mods should help. 

1 hour ago, neghthraw said:

SLA is needed for the DD Framework and does not use masturbation animations by itself. If you have masturbation animations, that is because of other mods you have installed and not a problem of this mod.

Arousal/masturbation animations can be turned off in the SLA MCM. Your character still gets aroused, but it won't play the animations when you hit the arousal checkpoints that normally trigger them.

4 hours ago, PowerBing said:

I'm on LE, and I have a fresh install of Skyrim with just the required mods, as I was just planning on playing through this mod's story again. Maybe I missed a mod somewhere along the way?

Here's my list of installed mods:

BodySlide and Outfit Studio

CBBE

DCF_Plugin (double cursor fix)

Devious Devices

FNIS

Fuz Roh D-oh

KS Hairdos Renewal

Laura's Bondage Shop

Quick Start - Skip The Opening Sequence

RaceMenu

SexLab Aroused

SexLabFramework

Skyrim Configuration Menu

SkyUI

XP32 Maximum Skeleton Extended

And obviously, SKSE.

I've tried reinstalling all of these mods, as well as SKSE itself. the only thing I haven't tried reinstalling yet is Skyrim itself. The thing is, I've used this mod previously a lot, and every version prior to this one worked for me (although that was all on a previous installation of Skyrim).

EDIT: I had a look at the Papyrus Log in the exact moment I went to talk to Jade:

[10/02/2021 - 11:12:01AM] RNPC: Periodic update check.
[10/02/2021 - 11:12:02AM] [DLC1VampireSleepScript <DLC1VampireSleep (04008E3B)>]PlayerActivateBed() IsCoffin =False
[10/02/2021 - 11:12:07AM] [DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (020177DB)>]OnPackageStart()
[10/02/2021 - 11:12:09AM] ERROR: Object reference has no 3D
stack:
    [ (000A7EA9)].Sound.Play() - "<native>" Line ?
    [ (000B78FE)].HelgenRandomSoundScript.OnUpdate() - "HelgenRandomSoundScript.psc" Line 97
[10/02/2021 - 11:12:15AM] [DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (020177DB)>]OnPackageStart()
[10/02/2021 - 11:12:18AM] [DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (020177DB)>]OnPackageStart()
[10/02/2021 - 11:12:27AM] [DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (020177DB)>]OnPackageStart()
[10/02/2021 - 11:12:30AM] [DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (020177DB)>]OnPackageStart()
[10/02/2021 - 11:12:32AM] RNPC: Periodic update check.
[10/02/2021 - 11:12:32AM] ERROR: Object reference has no 3D
stack:
    [ (000A7EA9)].Sound.Play() - "<native>" Line ?
    [ (000B78FE)].HelgenRandomSoundScript.OnUpdate() - "HelgenRandomSoundScript.psc" Line 97

I'm not sure if any of this is to do with the mod, but I started her dialogue at 11:12.

EDIT 2: The HelgenRandomSoundScript error was caused by my QuickStart mod. I removed it, started a brand new save, same issue :( . I also used SQV to check the quest status. It's on stage 20, running, and all aliases seem to be filled correctly. I am stumped. 

I hate myself for not remembering what the fix was.

How many MB's is that log?

4 hours ago, hungvipbcsok said:

I don't remember SLA starting animations unless you use the hotkey.

1 hour ago, CaptainJ03 said:

Post Scriptum to my previous post:

I really laughed at the crack in the 4th wall, when a certain person said: "It should do something any moment now." and moments later: "Yes! It works." and I was wondering how she might know about Skyrims scrappy script engine. ?

Of course they were referring to the equipped item, but you got me here!

Reveal hidden contents

:D

1 hour ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

For science,

Reveal hidden contents

PS:  I wish the thotium collar put ring gags on instead of ball gags.  :)   And maybe ankle chains to slow the player down instead of a hobble dress?  Hobble dresses and ball gags are protective in a way that makes the thotium collar run less interesting.

Oh, yeah. Crap. I'll put it on the list. ?

Edited by Laura

The thing that bothers me most about the Elder Scrolls universe and Skyrim is that it is supposed to be somewhat dark and medieval, but fails to make me believe it. It feels like everything slightly dark or unsettling was just omitted/is not present enough in order to please a audience as big as possible. One of the darkest things I remember of Vanilla Skyrim is the discrimination of the dark elves in Windhelm, which is basically one scene when you enter Windhelm the first time and some remarks by NPCs. Other dark themes like necromancers abducting and experimenting on people are just completely underrepresented in quests and even NPC dialogue and basically nothing more than some room decoration in one of the countless dungeons. I dislike that they didn't really feature more adult themes at all, themes which were a part of actual medieval civilizations. The only mention of prostitution I recall in the whole game is a dialogue between Camilla and Lucan Valerius, which can be interpreted as Camilla suggesting to get into the prostitution business. Slavery was very common in many civilizations around the world and through the ages, in different variants. Medieval Europe had no "direct" slavery, but serfdom/villeinage which was basically still slavery under a different name.

Now I don't need to have the game rub themes like this directly in my face, but for me it just feels wrong that there is literally not even a mention of these themes in what is supposed to be a somewhat dark fantasy world. In my opinion, Skyrim is supposed to be a world where travel on the streets is dangerous due to bandits and war, dragons are roaming the lands and some people believe the end of the world is near. Necromancers are abducting people, Vampires are a threat big enough to openly target cities with attacks, daedric cults are doing their things undisturbed, Falmer are living in great numbers underground plotting to destroy all live on the surface...

The problem is that Skyrim does not really convince me of any of this. The quests are mostly generic fetch this kill this, without any surprises, most puzzles are just a joke, there are no characters you get invested in (except maybe Serana) because they mostly just are bland and without emotions and character development, and nothing you do even remotely feels like it has any consequences anyway. You are literally the first person that slays a dragon since forever, and nobody even talks of it except the jarl and some random comments from guards? The people just going on their daily lives pretending it didn't happen?

Now I understand that not everyone likes it dark, and the game was released with an age rating of 16 after all, but Skyrim in itself still doesn't convince me of the fantasy world it wants to represent. Now why am I writing all of this? Because these points are exactly what this mod excels in. It delivers content that matches the somewhat dark medieval fantasy world that Skyrim wants to be while sensible connecting it to our kinks. The quest design is just excellent, the puzzles are fair (of course you are free to judge them too hard or to easy, but I think they are fair), the writing of the characters and their development is believable, the story makes sense (yes this needs to be said), and you even get a lot humor and references on top of it! In my opinion, the last few quests were a surprisingly dark turn especially compared to the starting quests, but I think most people just see them as this dark because Skyrim itself is not convincing enough of its own somewhat dark fantasy world (and depending on your mods and interpretation you might even see a completely different themed universe in your own Skyrim installation). The last quests were really intense and did a really good job at character development and getting the player invested in the story. And in the words of Todd Howard: "It just works!" (no bugs encountered - as opposed to Skyrim itself).

Spoiler

I too would like to see a return of the thotium collar. Sona mentions that she thinks Jade tested it on the Dragonborn (a hypothesis supported by Jade's remarks about the collar), and Laura and Katarina still don't seem to know how to utilize thotium themselves - altough they admittedly have bigger problems at the moment. So maybe, when this matter is resolved, they might want to make some tests with the collar, maybe on a volunteer who already had some experiences with thotium? Unless Sona keeps it for herself and suddenly becomes the new antagonist ;).

Disclaimer: This is my personal opinion, feel free to disagree. (Also I am not a native English speaker in case something does not make any sense)

50 minutes ago, PowerBing said:

That specific log was overwritten now so I cannot say for that one, but here's what I did since then:

Completely uninstalled Skyrim, and reinstalled it onto a different hard drive. 

Installed all of the mods I listed above, plus PapyrusUtil (although I didn't see it listed as a requirement) just in case.

Installed the FrameLimiter mod to cap my framerate at 60. (because skyrim is very buggy on 144Hz monitors, I thought this could be the cause but turns out it isn't)

Ran BodySlide, FNIS etc.

Problem still persists. I have a log of me just loading my game, loading straight into a save before talking to Jade then talking to her. It's only 36KB, I can send it. It ends with this:

[10/02/2021 - 02:43:24PM] [DLC1VampireSleepScript <DLC1VampireSleep (04008E3B)>]PlayerActivateBed() IsCoffin =False
[10/02/2021 - 02:43:27PM] [DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (020177DB)>]OnPackageStart()
[10/02/2021 - 02:43:27PM] RNPC: Periodic update check.
[10/02/2021 - 02:43:37PM] [DLC1VampireSleepScript <DLC1VampireSleep (04008E3B)>]PlayerActivateBed() IsCoffin =False
[10/02/2021 - 02:43:39PM] [DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (020177DB)>]OnPackageStart()
[10/02/2021 - 02:43:55PM] [DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (020177DB)>]OnPackageStart()
[10/02/2021 - 02:43:58PM] [DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (020177DB)>]OnPackageStart()
[10/02/2021 - 02:44:01PM] [DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (020177DB)>]OnPackageStart()
[10/02/2021 - 02:44:04PM] RNPC: Periodic update check.
[10/02/2021 - 02:44:10PM] [DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (020177DB)>]OnPackageStart()
[10/02/2021 - 02:44:18PM] [DLC2PillarBuilderActorScript < (020177DB)>]OnPackageStart()
[10/02/2021 - 02:44:22PM] VM is freezing...
[10/02/2021 - 02:44:22PM] VM is frozen

I attached the full log. There do seem to be a bunch of errors when the game as loading, and the fact that the issue persists must be due to something with how I installed my mods? Maybe I am missing a dependency that isn't listed on the page?

Papyrus.0.log 35.47 kB · 1 download

I really wish I could help you, but I'm not good at this stuff. I can make quests with scenes, but that's it. I'm sorry.

Have you tried reinstalling Fuz Ro D-oh?

15 minutes ago, PowerBing said:

Just a final check-in, I was wondering if you still had any old versions of the mod I could use for testing?

I really appreciate the help with getting my Skyrim to work so far, sorry for bugging you so much!

I think I still have them lying around. Which version do you want?