Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

6 hours ago, Robmonster13 said:

If I update from where I am at and continue playing my current game will there be anything significant that I miss?

You may miss a couple of dialogue spelling error corrections and rephrased journal entries. Existing content wasn't touched to a degree that'd necessitate replaying it out of the fear of missing something important. If you decide to update however, be aware that the new version requires DD5.1, and updating from DD4.3 mandates a new savegame.

Hi I just download the SSE version of the MOD V3.30. I got a problem when playing the origin quest. On the dream, the guard suppose to lead my PC to new cell, but he just stand there did nothing. I try to wait in game, but the guard is just not moving. No new dialougue with him as well.

I eventually figure where my PC suppose to go and just go by myself. The quest journal close on follow the guard, bug there is no update of the quest journal and no one come to see PC. As a result, the game is stuck there.

11 minutes ago, zwdragonbone8314 said:

Hi I just download the SSE version of the MOD V3.30. I got a problem when playing the origin quest. On the dream, the guard suppose to lead my PC to new cell, but he just stand there did nothing. I try to wait in game, but the guard is just not moving. No new dialougue with him as well.

I eventually figure where my PC suppose to go and just go by myself. The quest journal close on follow the guard, bug there is no update of the quest journal and no one come to see PC. As a result, the game is stuck there.

3 hours ago, davidxs said:

what is the quest id for laura bondage shop. stuck on the origin quest where guard led me to cell and sloane  showed up and is now frozen and nothing is happening. what to use id to complete next step

Just to confirm, are both of you on SSE?

If so, can any other SSE user confirm that this part in Origin has issues? Conversely, LE users too, to see if the issue is even in the conversion in the first place.

Also, a list of all other installed mods and optionally a log wouldn't be a terrible thing to have.

Edited by Taki17
8 minutes ago, Taki17 said:

Just to confirm, are both of you on SSE?

If so, can any other SSE user confirm that this part in Origin has issues? Conversely, LE users too, to see if the issue is even in the conversion in the first place.

Also, a list of all other installed mods and optionally a log wouldn't be a terrible thing to have.

Hi I can confirm  mine is on SSE version.

14 hours ago, Naps-On-Dirt said:

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, I had to RL for a while.  Yes, that fixed it, I was able to get into your Embershard instance.  Thanks!! :)

That's good news. Thanks for letting me know.

Two things regarding nakedness but sort of contain spoilers:

Spoiler

When in the dream I am supposed to go gather food and weapons, I also found her husband's body and put his clothes on.   I remained clothed for the rest of the dream, not sure if you wanted that to happen. 

Spoiler

Good catch. Haven't thought about that, but it doesn't break anything so I it's best to leave it alone.

Spoiler

After I got back to the shop after the dream, Laura was (still, from the dream I assume) naked and remains so after the end of the content notification.

Spoiler

Oh, that's not supposed to happen.

It was fun, great update!  Looking forward to the continuation of the story.  

Thank you. :)

10 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

@Laura

Thank you so much for this latest update. Once again, worth the wait, and this shows you're really back after your much needed break (whatever the reasons were lol).

This latest update just reinforces that your mod is one of the best mods on LL, period, so kudos and thank you :)

Thank you so much. ❤️

4 hours ago, darktej said:

@Laura Awesome update. And thank you. Really enjoyed the new quests. They played almost flawlessly just some minor issues ( Skyrim things) , which thankfully I was able to solve. The way the quests were done was so good !! Awesome job ??

❤️

2 hours ago, Taki17 said:

You may miss a couple of dialogue spelling error corrections and rephrased journal entries. Existing content wasn't touched to a degree that'd necessitate replaying it out of the fear of missing something important. If you decide to update however, be aware that the new version requires DD5.1, and updating from DD4.3 mandates a new savegame.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I've been running DD 5.1 since it was released, so no problem there.  Finally ... more Laura's story ... I can hardly wait!  

Hey @Laura I wanted to create synthed voices for the new 3.30 update, that's where I came across something:

Some NPCs, including Laura herself, don't have a voice type applied to them! I used the script and method by DoubleCheeseburger and just confirmed that by simply applying the missing voice types, the number of lines generated by the script goes down to ~80k from above 125k.

I know, it's still a shitload of lines (and probably way too high) but another script I have by hand doesn't include all lines sadly (probably an issue with conditions or something)

Would you consider adding a small patch with voice types applied to all actors where needed? That could help reducing the synthed voices by a lot ;) 

How to reset "A Familiar Face" quest? when I enter the mine, there was no book. I downloaded 3.31 Beta version, I have overwritten my save and I cannot roll back.
Tried setstage/completequest, back to previous version, back to shop and Laura told me she already gave me a task.
Any way to fix it?

sorry for my english, hope you understand;(

13 minutes ago, Kasia_IksDe said:

How to reset "A Familiar Face" quest? when I enter the mine, there was no book. I downloaded 3.31 Beta version, I have overwritten my save and I cannot roll back.
Tried setstage/completequest, back to previous version, back to shop and Laura told me she already gave me a task.
Any way to fix it?

You don't have an autosave on mine entry? I think maybe there's a trigger point down the ramp that moves you into a copy of the mine? If you leave and come back it seemed to not trigger and left me in the one with bandits.

7 hours ago, davidxs said:

what is the quest id for laura bondage shop. stuck on the origin quest where guard led me to cell and sloane  showed up and is now frozen and nothing is happening. what to use id to complete next step

Hi, the quest ID for Origin is Laura_SQ09_Quest. I'm experiencing the same issue on this quest as you did. Already try that method, not working for me, only the quest journal updated, everything else are still freezing.

1 hour ago, Mister X said:

Hey @Laura I wanted to create synthed voices for the new 3.30 update, that's where I came across something:

Some NPCs, including Laura herself, don't have a voice type applied to them! I used the script and method by DoubleCheeseburger and just confirmed that by simply applying the missing voice types, the number of lines generated by the script goes down to ~80k from above 125k.

I know, it's still a shitload of lines (and probably way too high) but another script I have by hand doesn't include all lines sadly (probably an issue with conditions or something)

Would you consider adding a small patch with voice types applied to all actors where needed? That could help reducing the synthed voices by a lot ;) 

I'll add voice types in the next small patch.

43 minutes ago, Kasia_IksDe said:
Spoiler

Any way to fix it?

Spoiler

Did have a loadingscreen when you walked into Embershard? If you did, did you search everywhere? The thing you're looking for may not be in the shape of a book. Also, what version are you using?

19 minutes ago, zwdragonbone8314 said:
Spoiler

Hi, the quest ID for Origin is Laura_SQ09_Quest. I'm experiencing the same issue on this quest as you did. Already try that method, not working for me, only the quest journal updated, everything else are still freezing.

Spoiler

Are you using SSE? Did you try the wait function? Did you try it multiple times?

7 minutes ago, Laura said:

I'll add voice types in the next small patch.

Reveal hidden contents

Did have a loadingscreen when you walked into Embershard? If you did, did you search everywhere? The thing you're looking for may not be in the shape of a book. Also, what version are you using?

Hide contents

Are you using SSE? Did you try the wait function? Did you try it multiple times?

Hi, yes I am using SSE version. I did try wait function, I wait 1 or 2 game hours. I did try several time. Nothing work.

14 minutes ago, zwdragonbone8314 said:

Hi, yes I am using SSE version. I did try wait function, I wait 1 or 2 game hours. I did try several time. Nothing work.

Thanks for the quick response. It's starting to look like that's an SSE issue.

Yes, I have, when I enter, the loading screen pull me back outside, then i return. Im pretty sure I search almost everything everywhere without result. Firstly I start the quest on 3.30v, when theres no book, I've installed 3.31. I've waited some time to respawn the bandits and loots - no effect.

Tried with AddItemMenu spawning the book but he did not continue the quest.

2 minutes ago, Kasia_IksDe said:

Yes, I have, when I enter, the loading screen pull me back outside, then i return. Im pretty sure I search almost everything everywhere without result. Firstly I start the quest on 3.30v, when theres no book, I've installed 3.31. I've waited some time to respawn the bandits and loots - no effect.

Tried with AddItemMenu spawning the book but he did not continue the quest.

When you installed v3.31 beta 1, did you load a save from before you entered the mine?

11 minutes ago, Laura said:

Hey all,

If you're using SSE, have you had issues with freezing? If so, at what point did it freeze?

There was a point that there was a pathing issue and it took approx 2-3 minutes for the scene/quest to progress, it may have been this same point as mentioned above (I know it was the same location), but I can't remember unfortunately. Everything (all scenes/quests) completed fine on SSE without console commands or using 'wait', except I had to reload a save prior to the mine because I left accidentally during the quest.

1 minute ago, Tetras66 said:

Hide contents

There was a point that there was a pathing issue and it took approx 2-3 minutes for the scene/quest to progress, it may have been this same point as mentioned above (I know it was the same location), but I can't remember unfortunately. Everything (all scenes/quests) completed fine on SSE without console commands or using 'wait', except I had to reload a save prior to the mine because I left accidentally during the quest.

Spoiler

Thanks for the response. Maybe there's a navmesh issue in the SSE version. ?

By the way, what do you mean when you said you left accidentally?