Devious Devices - Laura's Bondage Shop (11-dec-2023) V3.43

An easy way to skip the starting quests would be nice, the setstage and completequest blocks the questing, may be on purpose I know but I can't finish the Blending In one because it just crashes in there. Not that big of a reason because my game always has a tendancy to crash, at any time too much appears so like a little skip maybe. For reference deleted like 300 save files (several times) because loading them all and scrolling through is just such a pain to wait for them to load up. I did finish it once or twice but it's gone now. And cancelling out of monologues also breaks the Blending In quest from being started, you know how it starts with the 3 options cancelling out of that after clicking one just blocks progression. Even TIR that's like 8 years old now works with setstage took me like 8 buffer wipes to play all the quests without it of course I didn't make saves through it and that's gone now too so well...

4 hours ago, Laura said:

No, not yet. I don't know what's causing it yet and it seems to only happen in the SE version. And I can't really help with SE specific issues like these because I'm not familiar with SE.

Spoiler

hmm i think i have an idea whats wrong. i was trying to understand the Code.

What is working:

You go sleeping and screen fades black. Afterwards you have to talk to the guard. (is this behaviour still correct?)

You talk to the guard, get the yoke and stage is  set to 260. My understanding is: now a scene should start walking up to the Bedroom.

How should be the scene triggered? i don't see a "start command" so it has to be a package correct?

I would try fore debug reasons to trigger the scene maybe over a debug script if possible and see if it works

1 hour ago, coffeeink said:
  Hide contents

What is working:

You go sleeping and screen fades black. Afterwards you have to talk to the guard. (is this behaviour still correct?)

You talk to the guard, get the yoke and stage is  set to 260. My understanding is: now a scene should start walking up to the Bedroom.

How should be the scene triggered? i don't see a "start command" so it has to be a package correct?

I would try fore debug reasons to trigger the scene maybe over a debug script if possible and see if it works

take a look at the sq09_basementintroscene ;)

Just finished playing through the new questline, and I have to say, I definitely liked the portion where you're temporarily enslaved the best.  I did, however, wish that there were some consequences to selecting 'no' when the slavers demanded sex.  Like 27, I too was hoping for some delicious punishment.
I also kind of wished that the Thotium collar stuck around longer.  Being forced to wear it for longer would have been quite lovely.  Can it make a reappearance where you're forced to wear it long-term somehow?  

6 hours ago, Laura said:

No, not yet. I don't know what's causing it yet and it seems to only happen in the SE version. And I can't really help with SE specific issues like these because I'm not familiar with SE.

I just played through SE and the only issue I had was getting the key for the storage room (in the slavery area).  I never could find a way to get it.  Ended up cheating it into my inventory.

Absolutely loved the 3.30 quests!  

-A Familiar Face:
  More of this mechanic and playthrough please!  The mine phase was amazing, it was so fun to play through that (possible repeatable quests like this in the future?)

-Origin:

I absolutely loved the story of this, and became emotionally invested.  It will be rough to play through this again on another playthrough.

Hmmmm

scene is running but it looks like for whatever reason the sleeping is the problem.

I sleep and the stage increases and if i understand the scene correctly ...  the guard should Forcegreet you. This isn't happening.

You can trigger Forcegreet yourself but the scene is not going forward. So even if you go forward i think it's still behind some actions. sadly the log doens't show anything

Hey there ! Here is my new update after i finished the new quests !

Spoiler

Ooohh my god... I was expecting more bondage fun time... not... this !

I started skyrim bouncing in my seat, checking twice my bondage mod to see more dimsels in distress in comfortable bindings, but this story line was heart breaking. Seeing Laura and Katarina's past had me on the edge of my seat. And Glemme having to watch her husband get killed brought a tear to my eye !

These chapters were definitly all about the dark side of slavery and BDSM.

Long story short... came for the bondage, stayed for the story.

Overhelming sadness aside, the 'escape room' kind of challenge at the beggining was REALLY fun and well thought out !

I'm really hoping you'll eventually add the option to ask Laura to lock you in her cell for a while again. Seeing them go to bed while you were in their cage was oddly wholesome. Like being a pet to these caring mistresses.

Thank you for this update, i'll eagerly keep checking often for more.

(Ran the whole quest with 0 bugs or glitches, flawless work again, Laura, thank you.)

Edited by mikaLtubeyou

Sorry to be a bit of a pest but I'm struggling to get the mod to work, I was hoping to download it make sure it was working and then try it out tomorrow.   But after some conflicts and accidentally downloading a mod for Fallout rather than Skyrim I'm stick missing some assets, which mod is it that I'm missing?

Capture.PNG

17 minutes ago, BurningMandala said:

Sorry to be a bit of a pest but I'm struggling to get the mod to work, I was hoping to download it make sure it was working and then try it out tomorrow.   But after some conflicts and accidentally downloading a mod for Fallout rather than Skyrim I'm stick missing some assets, which mod is it that I'm missing?

You're missing the Devious Devices framework. The exact version depends on whether you're on LE or SE.

Heyho,

I've finished the synthed voice pack, here you go. They are for v3.31 of Lauras Bondage Shop.

The one for SE is packed as .bsa archive and doesn't need a helper plugin, as it hooks up on LBAs own esp plugin by its name.

I have to admit though, that the LE version isn't packed as .bsa archive, as for some unkown reason CAO didn't want to work when I set it to the LE profile :/ Still should work though, and of course you're free to pack it yourself ;) 

Edit: @Laura feel free to upload them to the main file page (credit would be nice) or just link to this post if you want to

1918043653_SE-LaurasBondageShopVoice.7z 1837841730_LE-LaurasBondageShopVoice.7z

Edited by Mister X
13 hours ago, coffeeink said:
  Hide contents

What is working:

Hi I'm having exactly the same issue in the scene in Origin quest. I now try the latest V3.31 SEE, the issue remain. What is the console command to trigger the scene as I don't want to miss this part of new quest.

Just finished playing through the mod, and damn, that last quest was dark. Very dark.

Anyway, the quest before that was quite fun, and I loved the Thotium Collar! Heck, that whole part was fun!

Now I'm really looking forward to the next part(s)!

Anyway, I got another bug to report: After it's discovered that you're not Jade, everything except for the socks are unequipped. I managed to remove them via the console, and dropped them on the ground to get them out of my inventory.

But the fact that it didn't unequip is still something that needs to be rectified.

I simply had to play the new content through twice as it was WOW. Familiar face was a lot of fun, Origins was so well created and not only filled in some of Laura's back story but painted it a a masterpiece. Anyone wishing to make this type of story telling mod need only to look here for a great example of how to do it well..  Great update, the two quests worked really well together and I eagerly await future updates (whenever they arrive, no rush as quality takes time I know).  Wow went a little fanboy there but justified I feel.

The only bugs I found have already been addressed in the latest fix .. Thanks as always.

3 hours ago, worik said:

:classic_ohmy: Wow. They are huge.

But anyway: ? :classic_cool:

The thing is: they are even smaller than they could be. For "generic" voicelines (those, where the script couldn't determine a specific voicetype) only the non-unique voicetypes where used. If every possible human voice, including the unique ones, were used, it easily could have doubled the size ?

The fact, that Laura added the voicetypes also helped at reducing the size, as less undetermined lines are present.

18 hours ago, Yukitemi said:

Armbinder given by delivery quest doesn't have a cooldown on unlock. Not having cd on struggle is kinda fine but unlock doesn't have animation and can be just spammed to take armbinder off.

You don't have a key for it, so that shouldn't be an issue. Or did you manage to unlock it that way?

17 hours ago, neghthraw said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Found a spelling error in "The Lost Merchant".

Good catch. Thanks for letting me know.

16 hours ago, InyBisInsulate said:

An easy way to skip the starting quests would be nice, the setstage and completequest blocks the questing, may be on purpose I know but I can't finish the Blending In one because it just crashes in there. Not that big of a reason because my game always has a tendancy to crash, at any time too much appears so like a little skip maybe. For reference deleted like 300 save files (several times) because loading them all and scrolling through is just such a pain to wait for them to load up. I did finish it once or twice but it's gone now. And cancelling out of monologues also breaks the Blending In quest from being started, you know how it starts with the 3 options cancelling out of that after clicking one just blocks progression. Even TIR that's like 8 years old now works with setstage took me like 8 buffer wipes to play all the quests without it of course I didn't make saves through it and that's gone now too so well...

You're not the first that wants skipping. I'll think about it. Thanks for the feedback.

16 hours ago, coffeeink said:
  Hide contents

What is working:

Spoiler

At that point, he should have a marker on him and walk upstairs. But it seems like the pathing is borked there for some people. You're using SSE right?

14 hours ago, ChandraArgentis said:

Just finished playing through the new questline, and I have to say, I definitely liked the portion where you're temporarily enslaved the best.  I did, however, wish that there were some consequences to selecting 'no' when the slavers demanded sex.  Like 27, I too was hoping for some delicious punishment.

I'm not adding a punishment for saying no.

14 hours ago, ChandraArgentis said:

I also kind of wished that the Thotium collar stuck around longer.  Being forced to wear it for longer would have been quite lovely.  Can it make a reappearance where you're forced to wear it long-term somehow?  

I want to do something with it in the future. It would be a shame to ignore the potential.

11 hours ago, sunnydayknight said:

Absolutely loved the 3.30 quests!  

-A Familiar Face:
  More of this mechanic and playthrough please!  The mine phase was amazing, it was so fun to play through that (possible repeatable quests like this in the future?)

Thank you so much. I don't think I'll be able to make it repeatable though. It would be super hard to keep it interesting.

11 hours ago, sunnydayknight said:

-Origin:

I absolutely loved the story of this, and became emotionally invested.  It will be rough to play through this again on another playthrough.

That's the biggest compliment I can get. So happy to hear that. :blush:

9 hours ago, mikaLtubeyou said:

Hey there ! Here is my new update after i finished the new quests !

Hide contents

Ooohh my god... I was expecting more bondage fun time... not... this !

I started skyrim bouncing in my seat, checking twice my bondage mod to see more dimsels in distress in comfortable bindings, but this story line was heart breaking. Seeing Laura and Katarina's past had me on the edge of my seat. And Glemme having to watch her husband get killed brought a tear to my eye !

These chapters were definitly all about the dark side of slavery and BDSM.

Long story short... came for the bondage, stayed for the story.

Overhelming sadness aside, the 'escape room' kind of challenge at the beggining was REALLY fun and well thought out !

I'm really hoping you'll eventually add the option to ask Laura to lock you in her cell for a while again. Seeing them go to bed while you were in their cage was oddly wholesome. Like being a pet to these caring mistresses.

Thank you for this update, i'll eagerly keep checking often for more.

(Ran the whole quest with 0 bugs or glitches, flawless work again, Laura, thank you.)

Thank you so much. This is great to hear. :blush:

About more cell time, that's on my list. :)

3 hours ago, Mister X said:

Heyho,

I've finished the synthed voice pack, here you go. They are for v3.31 of Lauras Bondage Shop.

The one for SE is packed as .bsa archive and doesn't need a helper plugin, as it hooks up on LBAs own esp plugin by its name.

I have to admit though, that the LE version isn't packed as .bsa archive, as for some unkown reason CAO didn't want to work when I set it to the LE profile :/ Still should work though, and of course you're free to pack it yourself ;) 

Edit: @Laura feel free to upload them to the main file page (credit would be nice) or just link to this post if you want to

1918043653_SE-LaurasBondageShopVoice.7z 741.33 MB · 1 download 1837841730_LE-LaurasBondageShopVoice.7z 740.06 MB · 10 downloads

I don't think I'll add them to the download. I'm not a fan of synth voices and I don't want robotic voices for emotional lines. I won't add it to the download. Sorry.

2 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

Just finished playing through the mod, and damn, that last quest was dark. Very dark.

Anyway, the quest before that was quite fun, and I loved the Thotium Collar! Heck, that whole part was fun!

Now I'm really looking forward to the next part(s)!

:blush:

2 hours ago, HyperonicX said:

Anyway, I got another bug to report: After it's discovered that you're not Jade, everything except for the socks are unequipped. I managed to remove them via the console, and dropped them on the ground to get them out of my inventory.

But the fact that it didn't unequip is still something that needs to be rectified.

Were you using the latest version?

22 minutes ago, steelmagpie said:
Spoiler

I simply had to play the new content through twice as it was WOW. Familiar face was a lot of fun, Origins was so well created and not only filled in some of Laura's back story but painted it a a masterpiece. Anyone wishing to make this type of story telling mod need only to look here for a great example of how to do it well..  Great update, the two quests worked really well together and I eagerly await future updates (whenever they arrive, no rush as quality takes time I know).  Wow went a little fanboy there but justified I feel.

The only bugs I found have already been addressed in the latest fix .. Thanks as always.

Thank you so much. I'm so happy to hear that. ❤️

3 minutes ago, Laura said:

I don't think I'll add them to the download. I'm not a fan of synth voices and I don't want robotic voices for emotional lines. I won't add it to the download. Sorry.

No need to apologize, it just was the disclaimer that I wouldn't mind if you did ;) 

BTW, the sad thing about it: I wasn't able to play the added story elements yet :( Well, maybe this weekend

Edited by Mister X
22 minutes ago, HyperonicX said:

I was indeed.

Crap. Please try it again a few times. If it fails, please post the papyrus log.

EDIT: Almost forgot, you using SE or LE?

Edited by Laura