New version 1.06 uploaded

• Spectators and violators who are waiting their turn will now react immediately if attacked.  No more watching your aggressors get taken out one by an enemy who happened to wander by.  The violation scene will continue unless an actor who is actively in an animation is attacked, so it is possible for your aggressors to kill their attackers and return to violating you.
  • There is a new Unique enemies can surrender option in MCM under Enemy surrender options.  This controls whether unique (named) NPCs can surrender to you in combat.  If you are going through a major quest line like Nuka-World it is best to leave this Off, as the surrender AI packages can interfere with some NPCs' quest behavior.
  • Followers from Outcasts and Remnants and similar mods that use the PlayerAllyFaction can now participate in violations of surrendered enemies.
  • The Robbery quest will now use a repeating timer to check if the robber has been disabled or deleted from the game, instead of the one-time check in previous versions.  This is to force the quest to clean itself up if you are robbed by an NPC from SKK Combat stalkers or a similar mod that deletes enemies when they get too far from the player.

As always, you do not need a clean save to update.  Simply uninstall the old version, install the new version, and load your game.

8 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Need a bit more info..
What mod manager are you using?
Sounds like it didn't install correctly, ie: missing files.

yeah i figured it out :) i tried uninstalling it from my mod manager and installed it manually and it worked, i don't know why nexus mod manager fucked up :/

@EgoBallistic I found/semi-solved the problem.  LOL so I have teleport companions set to OFF.  Hahahahaha so I think my companion did not surrender OR did not stay surrenderededinged since she was outside.. ...Two cells away.  I think she did at first since the GB started before everyone turned hostile.  I'm not sure if recruited companions (unlimited companion framework) can cause issues since she is recruited, but no where near the scene.

Thoughts

Edit: Main issue is that I am currently stuck with a wild un-tame-able(F u spellcheck) Curie.  Beware of the Unlimited Companions Framework mod.  I suggest that we all should be cautious of installing that mod.  So Curie left me.  She is un-dismiss-able.  Non recruit able.  When I see her we can talk.  Make love.  I can tell her to stay/follow/trade.  But she eventually leaves.  "Sniffle damn you BOS and your hatred of synths" <- RP

Ego

I know some have said enemies stand around and do nothing.  Answer has been aaf etc 

So, I got side swiped by a chameleon deathclaw, he assaulted my PC, once and twice with fully working appendage doggy,  then just stands there roaring and swiping the ground.  Game is locked.

Tried again with the friendly Yao gai.   Same thing 2x doggy then nothing 

So, doggy position available, used by assailant,  and then locks up.

My aaf is functional. This is the only 2x times violate has failed to continue that I can recall and works with everthing...  even BW, which I was concerned may have issues.

What would you propose is this problem and what if you added a reset key, much like csa uses?

John

1 hour ago, MrCruelJohn said:

What would you propose is this problem and what if you added a reset key, much like csa uses?

The only way Violate locks up like that is if AAF fails to respond to animation requests.  I have seen it happen when some animation has bad XML that causes AAF to crash.

It's not inconceivable that something else caused it, but I would need to see a log file to confirm it.  There hasn't been a case where Violate itself was the cause of the lockup since many versions ago.

I have thought about adding a reset hotkey or a timer.  However, since the cause has always been AAF, that means you will be able to continue your game but AAF will be in a messed up state.  Still, it would at least help diagnose when this happens.

What is BW?

1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

The only way Violate locks up like that is if AAF fails to respond to animation requests.  I have seen it happen when some animation has bad XML that causes AAF to crash.

It's not inconceivable that something else caused it, but I would need to see a log file to confirm it.  There hasn't been a case where Violate itself was the cause of the lockup since many versions ago.

I have thought about adding a reset hotkey or a timer.  However, since the cause has always been AAF, that means you will be able to continue your game but AAF will be in a messed up state.  Still, it would at least help diagnose when this happens.

What is BW?

Beggar Whore... I was not sure if my run would work because I am still old school and haven't updated to body talk or One to bang them all yet... probably won't be for awhile either.

1 hour ago, MrCruelJohn said:

Beggar Whore... I was not sure if my run would work because I am still old school and haven't updated to body talk or One to bang them all yet... probably won't be for awhile either.

I know the esp is called Beggar_Whore, but most people will probably know what you are talking about better if you say Hardship :) I changed the name of the mod 80% through development and it wasn't worth it to try to change the names of all the folders and the esp. 

Is it possible to implement a mode that would make it so when you would normally die in survival mode the defeat event would trigger instead. Usually when I play in survival mode (only mode I like to play in), I get around enemies that do significant amount of overkill damage per shot with the added guns from wpnsmith extended.

This doesn't really allow for me to hold the health threshold anywhere below 15 % - or above that in some cases. Sometimes it takes just 2 shots from some random supermutant w/ a semi-auto... and I think 50% health threshold surrender is a bit too much.

Hi, I wanted to know if the power armor error was fixed
it was a mistake that confused the pieces with the body parts,
When any piece of the power armor is broken automatically, it detects it as if a member of the body had injured me. I think it shouldn't be possible to be raped if I carry a power armor
or if it is possible that a model of the destroyed power armor frame appears near where they defeated me because it would mean that they forced the frame to take out the player and violate him.
On 9/27/2019 at 4:14 AM, Shiba21 said:

Also, Weird bug and i'm not sure what the hell is causing it. But Piper is acting like a violator rather than a companion. Instead of being raped as well she claps or whistles and doesn't even get naked. Just watches.

That means Piper does not fit the conditions for being a companion and her relationship with you is neutral or enemy.  I would guess another mod made changes to Piper or you are using a nonstandard companion framework which allows this to happen.

2 minutes ago, angelofcaine said:

my vortex mod manager keeps telling me missing master aaf_violate_fcom_patch_esm  depends on   FCOM.esm not sure what ive done wrong or what i need to do to fix it

You downloaded a version of Violate that is only used if you have installed a mod called "FCOM". If you don't have it, you don't need the patch. In Vortex, just go to "Plugins" and look for the plugin: "aaf_violate_fcom_patch_esm". Disable it.

Or you can uninstall Violate and reinstall the correct version.

2 minutes ago, JBpy said:

You downloaded a version of Violate that is only used if you have installed a mod called "FCOM". If you don't have it, you don't need the patch. In Vortex, just go to "Plugins" and look for the plugin: "aaf_violate_fcom_patch_esm". Disable it.

Or you can uninstall Violate and reinstall the correct version.

awesome thank you 

Ideas/possible conflicting mods/or bug:

- How about the part of Violate McM for bad endings having different sliders of probability for the different races/factions?

- I am having an issue where unlimited companions framework is interfering with surrenders as I technically have two companions even though one of them is on a journey.  Also I think there is another problem UCF regarding Dogmeat.  I can't be sure, but if you install unlimited companions framework and know how to check to see a list of followers after you have recruited more then one and dismissed them.  Are they properly dismissed in the system after you let them go?  How does Violate handle followers that were told to stay, multiple cells away and you surrendered with teleport companion on/off & companion is violate-able on/off?  As they are no where near you.  Possibly very far away?

- Is there a way to enable/allow a violate hand off?  A hand off being the passing on the surrendered status to the victorious attacking faction that defeated the original violators. 

2 hours ago, GoldenRain said:

I am having an issue where unlimited companions framework is interfering with surrenders as I technically have two companions even though one of them is on a journey.

What is the actual problem that you are seeing?

2 hours ago, GoldenRain said:

How does Violate handle followers that were told to stay, multiple cells away and you surrendered with teleport companion on/off & companion is violate-able on/off?  As they are no where near you.  Possibly very far away?

This question is not as simple as it appears :)

First, Violate considers a Companion to be an actor who is in the CurrentCompanionFaction or PlayerAllyFaction, and who is within the loaded area.  Followers who are far away and not in a loaded cell will not be considered at all.

Then, the following options will apply to the Companions identified above:

• The "Companion Distance" slider sets the maximum distance for Companions to be violated.  If they are farther away than that, the aggressors ignore them.  This is to avoid playing animations on actors who are too far away to be seen.
  • The "Teleport Followers" option will move your Companion(s) to ~300 units of the player.  This is to force all your companions to be within a short distance of the player so you can see all the animations.   If this is enabled, the "Companion Distance" slider will have no effect.
Spoiler
1 hour ago, EgoBallistic said:

What is the actual problem that you are seeing?

Curie is wondering around the Commonwealth and the last time I seen her she was not recruit-able and didn't stick around to be dismissed.  It is fine since you previously stated that that wouldn't be an issue with teleport companions off plus with the slider she would be ignored anyways. 

Edit: The problem that I thought that I was having is not relevant

Getting CTD randomly, some logs right before crash:

Spoiler

[alias Robber on quest FPV_Retrieve (76002E16)].FPV_Script_Robber.OnTimer() - "<unknown file>" Line ?
[10/03/2019 - 06:41:20AM] error: Cannot call IsDisabled() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
    [alias Robber on quest FPV_Retrieve (76002E16)].FPV_Script_Robber.OnTimer() - "<unknown file>" Line ?
[10/03/2019 - 06:41:20AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp5"
stack:
[10/03/2019 - 06:41:25AM] error: Cannot call IsDeleted() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[10/03/2019 - 06:41:25AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp3"
stack:
[10/03/2019 - 06:41:25AM] error: Cannot call IsDisabled() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[10/03/2019 - 06:41:25AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp5"
stack:
[10/03/2019 - 06:41:30AM] error: Cannot call IsDeleted() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[10/03/2019 - 06:41:30AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp3"
stack:
[10/03/2019 - 06:41:30AM] error: Cannot call IsDisabled() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
[10/03/2019 - 06:41:30AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp5"
stack:

2 hours ago, NoJoker said:

Getting CTD randomly, some logs right before crash:

I get the exact same errors when "Chance of equipment theft" is set to 0. Setting it to 10 or above will stop the errors. If you play long enough it will CTD. Besides a rather large log file, I can't say "for sure" it's the cause of the crashes. But I can play a lot longer at 10 or above, and my logs are less than 100kb.