13 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

Pretty much what Spicydoritos said.  Each NPC who participates in any way as an aggressor in a violation scene gets flagged as a rapist.  Killing one of those NPCs gives you back the amount of self esteem set in the MCM.  If you got violated by 5 Raiders, each one you kill will give you back that amount of self esteem, whether they were in a series or in a gangbang.

...so you can make "bonus" esteem back if it is gang not serial, since it's one rape instance (so one penalty) but multiple participants each with (up to) full redemptions? The opposite of the issue I had. Interesting. **contemplates ways to farm esteem using that LOL** Thanks again.

On 9/10/2023 at 12:35 PM, EgoBallistic said:

It does appear to be the same issue.  The animation gets started but the Meta string is missing so Violate doesn't react to the events.  It looks like later on you started up an animation with SEU and the Meta string was missing there as well.

I can add a workaround for this issue that should let Violate continue even if the Meta string is mising from the animation events.  I would much rather fix the core issue but I can't see what the problem is so this will have to suffice for now.

Is there a chance we'll see a Beta6 soon with that workaround?  RIght now, this has become a showstopper for using Violate in my playthru's.  I miss it, since it adds so much to the game. I know it's not your fault, blame lays squarely on SS2's shoulders for this one.

17 hours ago, ihateaccountrequirements said:

...so you can make "bonus" esteem back if it is gang not serial, since it's one rape instance (so one penalty) but multiple participants each with (up to) full redemptions? The opposite of the issue I had. Interesting. **contemplates ways to farm esteem using that LOL** Thanks again.

When you think about this, it depends on the values being used in each act's esteem reduction for the rapes and frequency of rape events by the npc too. iow... each rape act a npc commit's reduces self-esteem.

So, If you set the rounds until exhaustion way up and turn on the until exhaustion, and there a re fewer npcs , one npc may have raped the pc multiple times - that can yield a ton of esteem loss from a single npc if rounds are way up but there are few rapist. 

i.e. Sixteen rounds at DB technical high school (tons of npcs - more than a dozen rapist) vs some place where there are fewer... 

Edited by eflat01
41 minutes ago, eflat01 said:

When you think about this, it depends on the values being used in each act's esteem reduction for the rapes and frequency of rape events by the npc too. iow... each rape act a npc commit's reduces self-esteem.

So, If you set the rounds until exhaustion way up and turn on the until exhaustion, and there a re fewer npcs , one npc may have raped the pc multiple times - that can yield a ton of esteem loss from a single npc if rounds are way up but there are few rapist. 

i.e. Sixteen rounds at DB technical high school (tons of npcs - more than a dozen rapist) vs some place where there are fewer... 

Right. The issue I'd had was having until exhaustion enabled (and not always enough actors). Since I can't kill an offender more than once, they no longer get the *built-in* opportunity to offend more than once...my failing to heal/back off/finish killing them before I'm crippled or downed to surrender threshold *again* aside - that can still happen.

With other character builds it never came up, since they were set at "I'm just gonna let it happen" of 100% health (get hit = submit), with the various consequences of that being intended, but it turns out trying to get the settings to be more...natural or 'realistic', I guess?...is complicated. Kept killing enemies before they did enough damage and - even without healing during or between fights (which already exceeded 'realistic' opportunity levels) - leveling was keeping me healthy enough. Had to keep turning up the game difficulty to give it a chance of triggering without "help" (premature surrender via hotkey, not actually trying to win a fight, etc.). It's an interesting challenge, I just didn't know the redemption was once per actor regardless of number of acts so had until exhaustion enabled.

6 hours ago, xspertone said:

Is there a chance we'll see a Beta6 soon with that workaround?  RIght now, this has become a showstopper for using Violate in my playthru's.  I miss it, since it adds so much to the game. I know it's not your fault, blame lays squarely on SS2's shoulders for this one.

Yes, next day or so at most.  I just need to test a couple more things and I'll package it up.

New Version 1.60 Beta 6 Uploaded

• Added workaround for Sim Settlements 2 interfering with AAF animation events.
  • RSE CSA abductions can now recapture the player if player has escaped the location but not yet killed the Boss there.  If you surrender to enemies of the same faction that abducted you, they will send you back to your captors after violating you.
  • Raider Pet integration now allows player to be captured even if they have followers.  Your followers will be moved out of sight and will return after you remove your slave collar and change locations.
  • Bound in Public integration will now move your followers out of sight for the duration of the event.  Your followers will return once you are freed from the device.
  • Essential Player feature now works even if player's essential state was directly changed by a script (e.g. DiMa's memory quest).  Requires AAF version Beta 169 or later.
  • Robberies will now take the player's ammunition
  • Added global variables AFV_Global_Threesome_Max_Human and AFV_Global_Threesome_Max_SM to set max number of actors in gangbang animations for humans and super mutants.  The default values are 5 and 3 respectively.  Only increase these if you know you have animations that can handle higher values, e.g. patches that add the full range of SC gangbang animations from 5P to 10P actors.
  • GCP debug function now prints its output in the console as well as in the script log (cqf fpv_player gcp [refID])
  • Fixed option to prevent enemies in Power Armor from surrendering, it previously had no effect
  • Fixed Bad End outcome still able to occur even though all aggressors are dead
2 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

New Version 1.60 Beta 6 Uploaded

• Added workaround for Sim Settlements 2 interfering with AAF animation events.
  • RSE CSA abductions can now recapture the player if player has escaped the location but not yet killed the Boss there.  If you surrender to enemies of the same faction that abducted you, they will send you back to your captors after violating you.
  • Raider Pet integration now allows player to be captured even if they have followers.  Your followers will be moved out of sight and will return after you remove your slave collar and change locations.
  • Bound in Public integration will now move your followers out of sight for the duration of the event.  Your followers will return once you are freed from the device.
  • Essential Player feature now works even if player's essential state was directly changed by a script (e.g. DiMa's memory quest).  Requires AAF version Beta 169 or later.
  • Robberies will now take the player's ammunition
  • Added global variables AFV_Global_Threesome_Max_Human and AFV_Global_Threesome_Max_SM to set max number of actors in gangbang animations for humans and super mutants.  The default values are 5 and 3 respectively.  Only increase these if you know you have animations that can handle higher values, e.g. patches that add the full range of SC gangbang animations from 5P to 10P actors.
  • GCP debug function now prints its output in the console as well as in the script log (cqf fpv_player gcp [refID])
  • Fixed option to prevent enemies in Power Armor from surrendering, it previously had no effect
  • Fixed Bad End outcome still able to occur even though all aggressors are dead

Did this also include the WornHasKeyword(isPowerArmorFrame) check for the situation I found where companions in power armor weren't always being identified as such and didn't exit before being put into animations?

On 9/10/2023 at 9:12 AM, EgoBallistic said:

You have to edit FPV_MCM_Script.psc and modify the "LoadCustomRaces" function to add your custom race, then recompile the script.

If Game.IsPluginInstalled("YourCustomRace.esp")
        AddRace(Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000F99, "YourCustomRace.esp") as Race)
EndIf

Replacing 00000F99 with the Form ID of the RACE record in YourCustomRace.esp.

What tool do I have to use to edit the script?

30 minutes ago, Insultedreference445 said:

What tool do I have to use to edit the script?

Notepad++ or just notepad.

Then open the CK & in the header GAMEPLAY>Papyrus Script Manager, in the top box type FPV_MCM_Script

right click on the result and Compile.

If no errors, close the CK and play test your changes.

1 hour ago, deathmorph said:

In this version, the rapist runs after the actress after the scenes end. The period of time in which the actress can leave is therefore ineffective. The actress can no longer escape effectively.

Is it wanted like that?

Well... I thought that was from something else! Just did a massive upgrade and figured it was from that.

43 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

Notepad++ or just notepad.

Then open the CK & in the header GAMEPLAY>Papyrus Script Manager, in the top box type FPV_MCM_Script

right click on the result and Compile.

If no errors, close the CK and play test your changes.

I'm not seeing an easy way to edit the script with notepad. The format is all over with unknown characters in it so I can't place the code EgoBallistic suggested. I found the part in the script where to insert the code using PexInspector Alpha v0.2.1, but the program doesn't give me access to edit it.

Edited by Insultedreference445
unknown character invalid, made clearer
45 minutes ago, Insultedreference445 said:

I'm not seeing an easy way to edit the script with notepad. The format is all over with unknown characters in it so I can't place the code EgoBallistic suggested. I found the part in the script where to insert the code using PexInspector Alpha v0.2.1, but the program doesn't give me access to edit it.

You're trying to edit the .pex file, which is the complied version of the .psc. Don't do that!
You need the .psc which is found in Scripts\Source\User\

Edited by izzyknows
20 minutes ago, EgoBallistic said:

I’ll take a look.  It’s not intended.  I probably missed something when I made the change to stop using the Meta string in AAF events.  Very frustrating that.

Too bad, the meta string is very handy, i'm curious to see how you managed to replace it.

5 minutes ago, rommi-seppo said:

Hi, can i get that beta 5 version from anywhere? i am trying to install wabbajack mod pack, and it requires beta 5.

Do you really have to follow the mod pack blindly like that ! that's frustrating to say the least. Use the newer version of this mod (backward compatible)

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

You're trying to edit the .pex file, which is the complied version of the .psc. Don't do that!
You need the .psc which is found in Scripts\Source\User\

Thank you so much so far. I was able to add the races into the script.

One more thing. How do I compile the script? I'm using MO2 and set up CK so it overwrites the Steam ID but it doesn't show the script in the Script Manager.

23 minutes ago, Insultedreference445 said:

Thank you so much so far. I was able to add the races into the script.

One more thing. How do I compile the script? I'm using MO2 and set up CK so it overwrites the Steam ID but it doesn't show the script in the Script Manager.

You have to run the CK through MO2 so it knows where the scripts are... from what I've heard. I don't use it.

38 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

Use the newer version of this mod (backward compatible)

That's the issue with the packs, they aren't forward/backward or anything else compatible. There's a simple solution that the authors are to dense figure out.

But that's okay, people can freely take others work and make money off the collections/pack they put together. Ya know, support me for all MY hard work, not the actual mod authors.

Sorry... that shite just grinds my gears. ?

16 minutes ago, izzyknows said:

You have to run the CK through MO2 so it knows where the scripts are... from what I've heard. I don't use it.

Yeah I can't get it to work so I just threw AAF and Violate into the data folder.
It doesn't compile.

Papyrus Compiler Version 2.8.0.4 for Fallout 4
Copyright (C) ZeniMax Media. All rights reserved.
Starting 1 compile threads for 1 files...
Compiling "FPV_MCM_Script.psc"...
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(134,1): RegisterForExternalEvent is not a function or does not exist
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(249,24): variable MCM is undefined
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(249,28): none is not a known user-defined script type
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(249,8): type mismatch while assigning to a float (cast missing or types unrelated)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(256,4): variable MCM is undefined
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(256,8): none is not a known user-defined script type
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(259,4): variable MCM is undefined
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(259,8): none is not a known user-defined script type
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(436,5): variable MCM is undefined
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(436,9): none is not a known user-defined script type
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(451,0): new event oncontroldown cannot be defined because the script is not flagged as native
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(455,0): new event oncontrolup cannot be defined because the script is not flagged as native
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(491,21): VarArrayToVar is not a function or does not exist
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(491,21): cannot call the member function VarArrayToVar alone or on a type, must call it on a variable
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(491,7): type mismatch while assigning to a var (cast missing or types unrelated)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(492,21): VarArrayToVar is not a function or does not exist
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(492,21): cannot call the member function VarArrayToVar alone or on a type, must call it on a variable
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(492,7): type mismatch while assigning to a var (cast missing or types unrelated)
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(515,59): GetName is not a function or does not exist
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\FPV_MCM_Script.psc(0,0): Error while trying to typecheck script fpv_mcm_script: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.
No output generated for FPV_MCM_Script.psc, compilation failed.

Batch compile of 1 files finished. 0 succeeded, 1 failed.
Failed on FPV_MCM_Script.psc

9 minutes ago, Insultedreference445 said:

Yeah I can't get it to work so I just threw AAF and Violate into the data folder.
It doesn't compile.

Violate requires AAF, which you need to install the source when installing AAF. It's an option during installation.

Also you need to have the game source files extracted. Scripts\Source\Base\Base.zip (right click>extract here)

7 hours ago, izzyknows said:

Well... I thought that was from something else! Just did a massive upgrade and figured it was from that.

I only updated two mods. This one and the Super Soap Mod. So I assume that the cause is the update here.

Just met another super mutant. If I didn't have Heather with her alien weapon, I'd never get out of there.
I hope Ego fixes this quickly.

Edited by deathmorph

I'm sad you now require Advanced Animation Framework v161 or higher :( I use v154, and it's been working perfectly with violate all these years even up to ten minutes ago with the previous version.

I've tried from time to time to upgrade to newer versions of AAF, but after hours of trying I always fail and have to revert to 154. I've never been able to get new versions to work, but 154 has worked so well with violate and Nuka Ride and sex-em-up and tentacle attack and everything :(

Oh well, I guess I can't upgrade Violate anymore :(