2 hours ago, lee3310 said:

Fallout 4 can break in many ways,

That's an understatement!

I've had core game files get corrupted out of the blue, and like you, noting was changed, just playing the game. Verifying files didn't work because the file size didn't change. Manually deleting batches of them then letting Steam dl new copies worked very well. And gave me an idea of which file was corrupt.

Even then I had to trash the saves and start a new run. Obviously. ?

2 hours ago, izzyknows said:

That's an understatement!

I've had core game files get corrupted out of the blue, and like you, noting was changed, just playing the game. Verifying files didn't work because the file size didn't change. Manually deleting batches of them then letting Steam dl new copies worked very well. And gave me an idea of which file was corrupt.

Even then I had to trash the saves and start a new run. Obviously. ?

Really ! that's what i was dreading, i tried everything i can to save my progress even loaded a save file from June but after playing for 3 days, game got corrupted again. 

31 minutes ago, lee3310 said:

Really ! that's what i was dreading, i tried everything i can to save my progress even loaded a save file from June but after playing for 3 days, game got corrupted again. 

A lot of issues with the base game come from being so script heavy... especially in the features surrounding settlements, nice ideas but the code is poorly written. i.e. if you save right after exiting the workshop - with a heavy load -  it may do so before some scripts finish up - that save then can be corrupted. 

Do you have FallrimTools? May try that but make sure you've backed up things.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22633

Edited by eflat01
1 hour ago, eflat01 said:

A lot of issues with the base game come from being so script heavy... especially in the features surrounding settlements, nice ideas but the code is poorly written. i.e. if you save right after exiting the workshop - with a heavy load -  it may do so before some scripts finish up - that save then can be corrupted. 

Do you have FallrimTools? May try that but make sure you've backed up things.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/22633

Thanks, i sent my save files to @markdf himself and he told me that it was perfectly fine even if i can't load it ?. Resaver is an excellent tool but has its limits.

Edited by lee3310
7 hours ago, DeliveryGod said:

How many items will typically get robbed? So far only the weapon I was holding gets robbed and everything else is in my inventory unequipped.

These item types:

• Caps
  • Stimpaks
  • Chems
  • Weapons
  • Explosives (grenades and mines)
  • Armor, clothes, and underarmor
  • Nuka Cola
  • Alcohol
  • Water
  • Stealth Boys

Note that these items are identified via keywords.  If you are using items from mods that don't have the proper keywords assigned, they will not get taken.

7 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

These item types:

• Caps
  • Stimpaks
  • Chems
  • Weapons
  • Explosives (grenades and mines)
  • Armor, clothes, and underarmor
  • Nuka Cola
  • Alcohol
  • Water
  • Stealth Boys

Note that these items are identified via keywords.  If you are using items from mods that don't have the proper keywords assigned, they will not get taken.

For future updates, could you consider adding ammunitions to the list ? i would steal that for sure.

14 hours ago, Insultedreference445 said:

I added races that change my follower that aren't on the list. Is there an easy way to patch them in?

I may be wrong but I think violate works off factions?

Personally, I'd look into patching via robco if at all possible.

Edited by eflat01
On 9/6/2023 at 10:11 AM, EgoBallistic said:

I spent several whole days trying to diagnose this issue for you and Robert T, it's something nobody else has reported before or since and involves some animation data going missing inside AAF itself.  While I am sorry I was unable to find a cause for your very specific issue, I don't appreciate you telling people to just uninstall this mod when they have a problem.

I also have the same issue.  Also have SS2 chapter 3 installed.  After 1st animation, no progress.  Interesting is that before first violation, i ensured logging was turned on in MCM.  Did this in an attempt to get some logs for debugging.  I see all the setup for the violation and then this: [09/10/2023 - 09:20:29AM] AFV report: CheckForRapeEnd start, interrupted is 0.  Then nothing from AFV logs at all.  A ton however of errors get logged coming from FP, invictus version, not yours.  I attached my log in hopes it helps.

Papyrus.0.log

18 hours ago, Insultedreference445 said:

I added races that change my follower that aren't on the list. Is there an easy way to patch them in?

You have to edit FPV_MCM_Script.psc and modify the "LoadCustomRaces" function to add your custom race, then recompile the script.

If Game.IsPluginInstalled("YourCustomRace.esp")
        AddRace(Game.GetFormFromFile(0x00000F99, "YourCustomRace.esp") as Race)
EndIf

Replacing 00000F99 with the Form ID of the RACE record in YourCustomRace.esp.

2 hours ago, xspertone said:

I also have the same issue.  Also have SS2 chapter 3 installed.  After 1st animation, no progress.  Interesting is that before first violation, i ensured logging was turned on in MCM.  Did this in an attempt to get some logs for debugging.  I see all the setup for the violation and then this: [09/10/2023 - 09:20:29AM] AFV report: CheckForRapeEnd start, interrupted is 0.  Then nothing from AFV logs at all.  A ton however of errors get logged coming from FP, invictus version, not yours.  I attached my log in hopes it help

It does appear to be the same issue.  The animation gets started but the Meta string is missing so Violate doesn't react to the events.  It looks like later on you started up an animation with SEU and the Meta string was missing there as well.

I can add a workaround for this issue that should let Violate continue even if the Meta string is mising from the animation events.  I would much rather fix the core issue but I can't see what the problem is so this will have to suffice for now.

On 8/15/2023 at 10:26 AM, Spectre5342 said:

Think issue for me was that I escaped by killing the boss but the task cozy up to the boss was still in the quest log. Like it got hung up on that stage any efforts to use console command didn't move it so gonna try it on a clean save quickly run through the first round of captivity then do it again. Just not sure why Violate wouldn't pick it up but the old fashioned manual way of Raider Pet still worked its a mystery. I'll try what you mentioned though if it has issues again. I may just move over to using Rse Abductions but having the movement range of a closet is kinda suckish maybe can try that stuff with raider pet integration to remove the movement penalties testing testing time

unrelated but or female deathclaw extende how does it work

17 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

It does appear to be the same issue.  The animation gets started but the Meta string is missing so Violate doesn't react to the events.  It looks like later on you started up an animation with SEU and the Meta string was missing there as well.

I can add a workaround for this issue that should let Violate continue even if the Meta string is mising from the animation events.  I would much rather fix the core issue but I can't see what the problem is so this will have to suffice for now.

For what it's worth, thank you.  This issue did not arise on the initial release of SS2 Chap 3 / WSFW update.  It occurred somewhere during the daily updates over 15 days.  Day 1, AFV worked just fine.  My guess, though a hacky one at best is that the issue is not within SS2 rather the WSFW part as that is truly buggy as all get out.

(sorry if someone's brought this up before, I did *try* to search, but we know how bad that can be here)

The SA self-esteem regain from revenge isn't restoring properly for me. It maybe hasn't been for a while, but I'd only been in a position to notice today - I'd been tracking the self-esteem gains and losses, and had finally gotten back up to 100. Then assaults happened. Then revenge happened. And a small fraction of the loss was recovered. I have it set to be 100% of the loss restored on revenge.

Particulars: it was one creature, 8 acts...and it seemed like it was the return for just one act (I have Sex Education, so some xp was gained and thus esteem partially restored after each act) rather than all 8 (where I set exhaustion to be, not very nice but could be meaner). I don't expect the tracking Violate's doing for that would have been broken by Sex Ed...someone besides me would have noticed something by now and reported it.

4 hours ago, ultrasonique said:

Is there a way to exclude certain NPCs by their respective IDs? For instance i use IVY Companion and would like to exclude her

No, but if you add the "AAF_ActorLocked" keyword to her it will prevent her from getting violated.  This will also exclude her from being used by several other mods.  Note that the keyword doesn't make AAF itself ignore the actor, it's just a way for mods to notify one another that the actor is not available for use in sex related quests.

9 hours ago, EgoBallistic said:

That's how it works - killing a rapist gives you back X% of the self esteem loss for one rape.

That's...confusing. It's phrased like you get it back for the entire event - at least that's how it read to me - like if you kill all the raiders who raped in a series (separate animations, not gang bang with all actors in one single animation - though now I'm curious...how DOES it work in that case? Do you have to kill them all to get anything? Does it just pick one? Is it divided amongst them?), you get it back for each of them. Not just one of them. This was one event, just only had one actor, so repeat offenses by the same actor in the same event. Would it have credited "properly" if there WERE multiple actors instead of just one?

I want to make sure I know *exactly* what's supposed to happen so I can change my settings accordingly. Thanks.

5 hours ago, ihateaccountrequirements said:

That's...confusing. It's phrased like you get it back for the entire event - at least that's how it read to me - like if you kill all the raiders who raped in a series (separate animations, not gang bang with all actors in one single animation - though now I'm curious...how DOES it work in that case? Do you have to kill them all to get anything? Does it just pick one? Is it divided amongst them?), you get it back for each of them. Not just one of them. This was one event, just only had one actor, so repeat offenses by the same actor in the same event. Would it have credited "properly" if there WERE multiple actors instead of just one?

I want to make sure I know *exactly* what's supposed to happen so I can change my settings accordingly. Thanks.

Think of it this way.  Every NPC who violates you gets a big ol' participation trophy.  Doesn't matter if they're all in one animation together, or they take turns one after another.  They still get one trophy each.  If the same NPC violates you more than once, then they get an extra notch on their trophy. 

When you kill them, it doesn't matter how many notches are on the trophy.  The only thing that matters is whether they have a trophy at all.

The trophy is worth one big steaming mug of self esteem, based on your settings.  The notches are worth squat.

Edited by spicydoritos
4 hours ago, spicydoritos said:

Think of it this way.  Every NPC who violates you gets a big ol' participation trophy.  Doesn't matter if they're all in one animation together, or they take turns one after another.  They still get one trophy each.  If the same NPC violates you more than once, then they get an extra notch on their trophy. 

When you kill them, it doesn't matter how many notches are on the trophy.  The only thing that matters is whether they have a trophy at all.

The trophy is worth one big steaming mug of self esteem, based on your settings.  The notches are worth squat.

Right. Thanks for the clarification/confirmation.

14 hours ago, ihateaccountrequirements said:

if you kill all the raiders who raped in a series (separate animations, not gang bang with all actors in one single animation - though now I'm curious...how DOES it work in that case?

Pretty much what Spicydoritos said.  Each NPC who participates in any way as an aggressor in a violation scene gets flagged as a rapist.  Killing one of those NPCs gives you back the amount of self esteem set in the MCM.  If you got violated by 5 Raiders, each one you kill will give you back that amount of self esteem, whether they were in a series or in a gangbang.