Estrus Chaurus for SE

Got a question - 

I notice AFTER im infected with the parasite/debuff, that occasionally towards the end of being sexed, the chaurus kind of pulls eggs out of me and forms a little cluster (like you find in game) some eggs fall out too. However, once the scene ends - the cluster and eggs dissapear.  

are they supposed to? or am i missing something?   (i ask because i know the spider addon one, the cocoon is permanent- or atleast is loaded in that cell while you are)..

Love this mod.  Gotta ask a couple questions though, see that 1 has been asked quite a bit and no answer.  Any ideas why the breast scaling isn't working?  I get belly growth, but no breast growth.  Also, I have Dwemor and Spider installed Dwemor works fine, But with both Spider and Estrus Chaurus, i only seem to get the tentacle (no slime, ooze, or double tentacle).  They all work fine with the Estrus spells, just not triggering with EC, any ideas?  they are all checked in the EC MCM.

seemed like to me you could turn them off in EC...

it's just me but i really think the messages need to display longer on all of these mods that have extra text... i can read pretty fast sometiems too fast, but even i can't read the messasges sometime...

4 hours ago, Luka10 said:

it's just me but i really think the messages need to display longer on all of these mods that have extra text... i can read pretty fast sometiems too fast, but even i can't read the messasges sometime...

Not sure, i know i hit the register animations button in EC it registers all 6 animations.  But all 6 of them are greyed out and can't do anything with them.  Then if you click unregister, get a pop up message saying they have to be disabled through sexlab.   I've gone into sexlab and disabled just the tentacle animation, but it disables all of them in EC and you have to re-register.

5 hours ago, Luka10 said:

Not sure, i know i hit the register animations button in EC it registers all 6 animations.  But all 6 of them are greyed out and can't do anything with them.  Then if you click unregister, get a pop up message saying they have to be disabled through sexlab.   I've gone into sexlab and disabled just the tentacle animation, but it disables all of them in EC and you have to re-register.  Also not sure if it's because it's not just an animation or what, but they don't show up in SLAL either.

Ok, not sure if i'm understanding this all correctly.  But doing some reading Chaurus spit attack only triggers a tentacle attack, i have dwemor addon and their attacks trigger the machines, so that all works fine as far as i'm guessing, so what triggers the slime, ooze and double tentacle attacks then?

Im not the best at reading code, so lemme ask this..

what makes the player infected in the process?

Is there some listening function  in chaurus that listens for "any time an estrus event is run, chance of infection is ___"?

or

"anytime a charus estrus event is run, chance of infection"

The difference is,  a mod like estrus mimics is another mod (like trapped eggs) that can affect followers as well..

so if "any tentacle attack" will do, then?  but if it has to be a tentacle attack explicitly called by EC+ then prob not?

3 hours ago, Jaymega0817 said:

`Has anyone come up with a consistent way to get this mod to run? As in, have it actually show up in MCM?

it always shows up for me-and heck runs.

- could be a slow or unresponseive mcm/skse thing.  Try this:

If you go to your Skyrim folder (next to your launcher.exe)  but this text file in it:

what this text file will do when run   the command is:    setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

it will force the MCM to reload..  

To use it: again, put it into your skyrimSE folder next to your launcher.exe  (same place you dropped your skse .dll).

Start a game, and open console (~)

type :   bat mcmsk        

hit enter.

alternatively, you can just type that in its entirety without downloading

mcmsk.txt

On 10/24/2020 at 9:59 AM, Sillius_Maximus said:

it always shows up for me-and heck runs.

- could be a slow or unresponseive mcm/skse thing.  Try this:

If you go to your Skyrim folder (next to your launcher.exe)  but this text file in it:

what this text file will do when run   the command is:    setstage ski_configmanagerinstance 1

it will force the MCM to reload..  

To use it: again, put it into your skyrimSE folder next to your launcher.exe  (same place you dropped your skse .dll).

Start a game, and open console (~)

type :   bat mcmsk        

hit enter.

alternatively, you can just type that in its entirety without downloading

mcmsk.txt 36 B · 1 download

So I checked this response. Opened up Skyrim. And it loaded. I have no explanation for this, so I am gonna give you credit and assumed you made some moves on the backend somehow. So thank you for fixing my game.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an odd issue, where any given EC mod either will work or won't, seemingly at random, from save to save. In my current file, spider infections work, but chaurus infections don't, and I have no idea what could be causing it. I don't even get the visual effect of implantation during chaurus animations. Pregnancy is enabled, btw.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AthenaESIV
On 7/6/2020 at 2:03 PM, Patch man said:

Bodymorphing patch for estrus spider addon beta 2.

The body changes more smoothly.

EstrusSpider BETA 2.7z

Estrus Spider BETA 2 source.7z 15.3 kB · 34 downloads

On 6/24/2020 at 5:11 PM, Patch man said:

Beta patch to support body-morphing
Slif is still limited in support (belly only)

installation
Replace files in data \ scripts

The patch has not been tested for add-on support.

Addons will require appropriate patches

Estrus Chaurus body-morphing patch beta.7z 12.7 kB · 119 downloads

Does anyone happen to have compiled versions of these scripts that eliminate the "Test Val:" debug notifications? I'd do it myself but I'm having a hell of a time getting CK compiler to work for SE

Ty :)

Damn, I feel like an idiot. Searched for hours for the Estrus for SSE and someone linked the correct link, but for some reason I was redirected a armour mod which confused me.

Don't ask me how I couldn't search for Estrus in Nexus or google. Just found shenanigans instead.

;_; Spent hours wondering how people got FNIS running on old skyrim animations.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/12832

• 2 weeks later...

Spent a good day troubleshooting to get this to work and I thought I'd share my observations.

- Does NOT work with XPMSSE 4.72 at all. You need to use 4.71 or earlier.

- Estrus 2.45 and 2.50beta will get you the missing tentacle bug that has been discussed and fixed for LE. I tried to convert the current 4.373 myself but failed horribly. Parts of the textures were dragged offscreen during animations.

- Estrus 2.20 kinda works. It has an outdated zzEstrusUtil.dll for skse though which you probably should replace from one of the more current versions.

And yes I tried all nine possible combinations after I tracked down the working skeleton.

Next: Find out which of the oldrim texture replacers still work. ?

• 1 month later...
On 12/2/2020 at 7:23 AM, alaunus01 said:

Spent a good day troubleshooting to get this to work and I thought I'd share my observations.

- Does NOT work with XPMSSE 4.72 at all. You need to use 4.71 or earlier.

- Estrus 2.45 and 2.50beta will get you the missing tentacle bug that has been discussed and fixed for LE. I tried to convert the current 4.373 myself but failed horribly. Parts of the textures were dragged offscreen during animations.

- Estrus 2.20 kinda works. It has an outdated zzEstrusUtil.dll for skse though which you probably should replace from one of the more current versions.

And yes I tried all nine possible combinations after I tracked down the working skeleton.

Next: Find out which of the oldrim texture replacers still work. ?

Out of curiosity, and I know the add-ons are made by a different person, but have you tried the Dwemer/Spider as well? Those work fine for me even on XPMSSE 4.72, just this mod doesn't activate on Chaurus sex and the spit/bite don't trigger Estrus attacks when set to 100% chance (used TGM and let one attack a character with both bites and spit attacks for over a minute and nothing). Made sure the spells/effects aren't overwritten, scripts all seem to be there.

Tried setting up XPMSSE v4.71 didn't help for me. When you switched to that one did it then start activating the scripts properly for Estrus attacks and impregnation?

I'll have to try the old Estrus version on mine to see if that fixes the invisible tentacle issue as well, thanks for that.

58 minutes ago, HalcyonAndOn said:

Out of curiosity, and I know the add-ons are made by a different person, but have you tried the Dwemer/Spider as well? Those work fine for me even on XPMSSE 4.72, just this mod doesn't activate on Chaurus sex and the spit/bite don't trigger Estrus attacks when set to 100% chance (used TGM and let one attack a character with both bites and spit attacks for over a minute and nothing). Made sure the spells/effects aren't overwritten, scripts all seem to be there.

Tried setting up XPMSSE v4.71 didn't help for me. When you switched to that one did it then start activating the scripts properly for Estrus attacks and impregnation?

I'll have to try the old Estrus version on mine to see if that fixes the invisible tentacle issue as well, thanks for that.

TGM prevents any poison effects from being applied to your character in the first place that is why it doesn't trigger. Try TIM for testing.

The LE fix for the missing tentacle was to supply older nifs for the animation that override the current ones. However I wasn't able to convert those nifs properly and after a week of tinkering I just ended up discarding the corrupted nifs and suppressing the tentacle double animation in my game.

And the problem with the 4.72 skeleton is not that the animations won't play. They play just fine but because the skeleton check in EC+ fails everything that the mod is supposed to do doesn't happen. No impregnation, no hatchlings etc etc.

You might want to check if that works for the spider/dwemer addons with 4.72 or if they 'just' play the animation with no further consequences too

14 hours ago, alaunus01 said:

TGM prevents any poison effects from being applied to your character in the first place that is why it doesn't trigger. Try TIM for testing.

The LE fix for the missing tentacle was to supply older nifs for the animation that override the current ones. However I wasn't able to convert those nifs properly and after a week of tinkering I just ended up discarding the corrupted nifs and suppressing the tentacle double animation in my game.

And the problem with the 4.72 skeleton is not that the animations won't play. They play just fine but because the skeleton check in EC+ fails everything that the mod is supposed to do doesn't happen. No impregnation, no hatchlings etc etc.

You might want to check if that works for the spider/dwemer addons with 4.72 or if they 'just' play the animation with no further consequences too

I was using TIM, sorry meant that and not TGM. Also yea with XPMSSE 4.72, the Spider/Dwemer addons show the parasite effect (and you see the effect being cast on player with that orang-ish glow), belly growth works as well so it's definitely noticing it. To note, I'm not sure what the add-ons are calling exactly from EC, but I think they have their own scripts for starting the animations. Also I decided to enable papyrus logging and see if something was happening when the scripts were firing and here is what it showed:

[zzEstrusChaurusMCM (F400EF8A)].zzestruschaurusae.ChaurusSpitAttack() - "zzestruschaurusae.psc" Line 170
    [Active effect 19 on  (00000014)].zzEstrusSpitEffect.OnEffectStart() - "zzEstrusSpitEffect.psc" Line 7
[01/05/2021 - 04:09:55AM] warning: Assigning None to a non-object variable named "::temp34" stack:
    [zzEstrusChaurusMCM (F400EF8A)].zzestruschaurusae.ChaurusSpitAttack() - "zzestruschaurusae.psc" Line 170
    [Active effect 19 on  (00000014)].zzEstrusSpitEffect.OnEffectStart() - "zzEstrusSpitEffect.psc" Line 7
[01/05/2021 - 04:10:01AM] [CF][Framework] OnUpdate BEGIN
[01/05/2021 - 04:10:01AM] [CF][Framework] OnUpdate END
[01/05/2021 - 04:10:04AM] Error: zzestruschaurusevents.OnECStartAnimation() being called on an invalid object, aborting function call stack:

The last line about the EC animation start being called on an invalid object seems odd.  Not sure if the warning on the spit effect has anything to do with anything... But, maybe these don't help determine anything at all, just seems like that might point to another issue just not sure what. Once I can get back in front of it I'll create a separate MO2 profile to test with only EC and its requirements.

And here's the equivalent log snippet from the spider add-on which does start the Estrus animation on spit hitting:

[01/05/2021 - 04:27:54AM] SEXLAB - NOTICE: ValidateActor(Terra) -- TRUE -- HIT
[01/05/2021 - 04:27:54AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Terra] SetActor([Actor < (00000014)>]) - [sslActorAlias <alias ActorAlias004 on quest SexLabThread00 (0B061EEF)>]
[01/05/2021 - 04:27:54AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook - AnimationStarting
[01/05/2021 - 04:27:54AM] Error: Method HookAnimationPrepare not found on sslthreadcontroller. Aborting call and returning None
stack:
    [SexLabThread00 (0B061EEF)].sslthreadcontroller.FireAction() - "sslThreadController.psc" Line 37
    [SexLabThread00 (0B061EEF)].sslthreadcontroller.Action() - "sslThreadModel.psc" Line 1012
    [SexLabThread00 (0B061EEF)].sslthreadcontroller.StartThread() - "sslThreadModel.psc" Line ?
    [SexLabQuestFramework (0B000D62)].sexlabframework.StartSex() - "SexLabFramework.psc" Line 3036
    [zzEstrusSpider_MCM (F604E24F)].zzestrusspider_events.DoESAnimation() - "zzEstrusSpider_Events.psc" Line 210
    [zzEstrusSpider_MCM (F604E24F)].zzestrusspider_events.OnESStartAnimation() - "zzEstrusSpider_Events.psc" Line 150
    [zzEstrusSpider_MCM (F604E24F)].zzestrusspider_ae.SpiderSpitAttack() - "zzEstrusSpider_AE.psc" Line 155
    [Active effect 19 on  (00000014)].zzEstrusSpider_AttackEffect.OnEffectStart() - "zzEstrusSpider_AttackEffect.psc" Line 7
[01/05/2021 - 04:27:54AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Adjustment Profile - BretonRaceF
[01/05/2021 - 04:27:56AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Terra]  - Equipment: []
[01/05/2021 - 04:27:56AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Terra] isRealFemale - TRUE
[01/05/2021 - 04:27:56AM] SEXLAB - ActorAlias[Terra]  - Scales[0.950000/0.950000/1.000000] Voice[VoiceSlot 05 (Female)] Expression[Angry] BaseEnjoyment[0]
[01/05/2021 - 04:27:56AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] SyncDone(Prepare) - Lag Timer: 27.755005
[01/05/2021 - 04:27:57AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] Event Hook - AnimationStart
[01/05/2021 - 04:27:58AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] SyncDone(Startup) - Lag Timer: 8.480011
[01/05/2021 - 04:28:00AM] SEXLAB - Thread[0] SyncDone(Sync) - Lag Timer: 8.798996

One more thing I noticed, the version check should only be looking to see if XPMS is greater than or equal to v2.8, unless I'm missing something else (I know programming, just not very familiar with Papyrus and all the different scripts available from different mods, yet anyway; but typically it's pretty easy to recognize what a particular line is trying to accomplish regardless of language):

image.png.2430de6bae2b557bbc253f4350bde119.png

Hopefully some of that is useful.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a problem, the mod does not register the animations, I have the patch so that sexlab can register 2000 animations, so I still have space and I have not reached the limit.

If I go to the mcm menu, the options to enable animations are grayed out, they don't come out in SLAL to register them either.

I have already created a new game and the problem persists.