Bethesda just announced TES6, Talk about it!

No sub-title, no details at all other than it's coming out, to me that screams it's still in the planning phase. Meaning they haven't even begun actual work on it, they're just "talking" about it.

And as others have already said, their track record is in the dumps right now. For once it's a TES title I'm not looking forward to. Quite the opposite, really.

18 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

No sub-title, no details at all other than it's coming out, to me that screams it's still in the planning phase. Meaning they haven't even begun actual work on it, they're just "talking" about it.

And as others have already said, their track record is in the dumps right now

Perfect summary, nothing to add.

2 hours ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

And as others have already said, their track record is in the dumps right now.

Have to agree with this... the direction seems to be on-line gaming, controlled creation, and mods... they are doing everything opposite of what they are known for. But as a game developer they are really behind in graphics and game play. Perhaps I am wrong but I don't believe I am.

The whole "post apocalyptic theme" their presenting does nothing for me. Go to any rural town in America and see run-down shells of towns or any urban area to see demilitarizes zones that is real life who needs it in game play.. but again just my opinion.  

Literally shown to appease the people asking for it, no subtitle, just some landscape and the name. Even so with the Starfield IP being shown before. It may take years to come. I'm not that fond of "lets tease the game five years before the launch"

Looking at the picture I can see a large crater to the bottom left of the shot. The only place that could have a crater like that would be where Vivec City used to be in Morrowind after the meteorite that Sheogarath sent down.

Then again I really hope its a new country so where else could there be a crater like that in Tamriel?

I hope that the Stormcloaks won the civil war and kicked both the Empire and Thalmor out. It would certainly change the political landscape of the world which is what is needed to keep the game fresh and to introduce new factions and protagonists.

9 hours ago, 27X said:

Hammerfell's pretty much a gimme because it allows BGS to show how pander-progressive they are by putting a black female MC front and center for the promotional art

Or

OR

Maybe because Hammerfell is majority Redguard?

That has got to be most ridiculous thing I've read in a good while.  Gave me flashbacks to Resident Evil 5, a game set in Africa, where people were complaining about the zombies being black.  How dare they depict black people in a place where majority black people live!  The nerve!

Not that it matters at this point because we still don't know anything, it still might not be Hammerfell at all.  If they set it in Black Marsh somehow and put a Redguard woman as the MC, then you'll have a point, but we're years out from knowing if there's PC bullshit going on or if you're just being an idiot.

2 hours ago, woodsman30 said:

But as a game developer they are really behind in graphics and game play. Perhaps I am wrong but I don't believe I am.

That's been the case for at least a decade now. Their games are geared towards consoles first, PCs a distant second, so everything is optimized for whatever the consoles at the time a game is released can handle. Including graphics and game-play based around console player priorities and hardware. Up until now at least PC gamers had the option of improving things with mods. Now we don't have that! Console players must be a huge portion of their profit margins because they're alienating PC gamers left and right.

I'm done with them, myself. Unless TES VI turns out to be an absolute smash hit with full mod support, I'm no longer buying anything made or published by Bugthesda. It's just not worth the aggravation and disappointment.

11 hours ago, Midnight19 said:

its gonna be years before it gets released.

actually not right, who Bethesda know, the knows that most games have been published 6 months after the first announcement.
Bethesda has always kept a secret about his games and why should that change now.
my guess, it will appear at the end of this year. :classic_tongue:

16 hours ago, 27X said:

8 million people have modded Skyrim.

Skyrim sold 35 million copies.

4 Million people have modded Fallout 4

Fallout 4 sold 14 million copies.

When you say sold XX million copies, do you mean across all platforms, or only PC?

When you say only X million people have modded these games, do you mean created, or installed?  And again, cross-platform or PC only?

Just spitting out numbers with no context is misleading.  Even without context, we're still looking at a little over a quarter of Skyrim's playerbase and a third of Fallout's playerbase having modded their games.  Those don't seem like insignificant chunks to me.

1 hour ago, Jexsam said:

Or

OR

Maybe because Hammerfell is majority Redguard?

That has got to be most ridiculous thing I've read in a good while.  Gave me flashbacks to Resident Evil 5, a game set in Africa, where people were complaining about the zombies being black.  How dare they depict black people in a place where majority black people live!  The nerve!

Not that it matters at this point because we still don't know anything, it still might not be Hammerfell at all.  If they set it in Black Marsh somehow and put a Redguard woman as the MC, then you'll have a point, but we're years out from knowing if there's PC bullshit going on or if you're just being an idiot.

must it be Tamriel?
the planet Nirn has far more continents. :classic_wink:

planet_nirn___geographical__v1__by_hori8

20 minutes ago, winny257 said:

actually not right, who Bethesda know, the knows that most games have been published 6 months after the first announcement.
Bethesda has always kept a secret about his games and why should that change now.

They announced Starfield and TES6 because people were expecting a big release and Fallout 76 is a spin-off. The only real announcement was Fallout 76 and that's the game that will be released at the end of this year. With Starfield and Elderscrolls it was basically just a 'yes, we're working on it, calm your tits folks'.

20 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

They announced Starfield and TES6 because people were expecting a big release and Fallout 76 is a spin-off. The only real announcement was Fallout 76 and that's the game that will be released at the end of this year. With Starfield and Elderscrolls it was basically just a 'yes, we're working on it, calm your tits folks'.

I have a third eye, I see into the future with that.
I wrote this before FO76 was announced and everything came like that! :classic_laugh:

1 hour ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

That's been the case for at least a decade now. Their games are geared towards consoles first, PCs a distant second, so everything is optimized for whatever the consoles at the time a game is released can handle. Including graphics and game-play based around console player priorities and hardware.

Yes and I do believe they learned...maybe.. enter Elderscrolls on-line. I also believe they monitor forums including this one to see where the market is and what people are saying. Look at the Nexus it is huge 58,000 mods for Skyrim alone with 1.4 billion down loads. To put that in perspective that's like saying the entire population of America has downloaded 3.2 mods each...that's staggering. However I do see the creation club as pilot program to see if it catches on again downloads = money. Not sure how that will play out :(

59 minutes ago, winny257 said:

Perhaps.. they tripled their size recently and no company put that's many people on without big things to do and time lines to meet ...but still needs a means to pay the bills ....so that needs game releases and that =money. Waiting = jack squat.

There was no point for them to show us that useless teaser. All it did was show us they are working on TES 6...... Which all of us knew already. 

They just showed that to save face for the disaster that Fallout 76 is since it wasn't what the audience expected. 

1 hour ago, Jexsam said:

When you say sold XX million copies, do you mean across all platforms, or only PC?

When you say only X million people have modded these games, do you mean created, or installed?  And again, cross-platform or PC only?

Just spitting out numbers with no context is misleading.  Even without context, we're still looking at a little over a quarter of Skyrim's playerbase and a third of Fallout's playerbase having modded their games.  Those don't seem like insignificant chunks to me.

There's plenty of context, you're just choosing to ignore it, so when bethesda chooses to throttle mods you can throw the largest of dramatic fits, when it will be far too late to do anything about it. Those are full SKU population numbers, encompassing everything.

And the context you're ignoring is by throttling modding Zenimax can take a third of those numbers on PC and half those numbers on console and convert them to "heavy users", which can increases their yearly sales by 35-70% per title. If you think they're just going to ignore those sentiments and actualities for feel good marketing, particularly after the BGS staff whom are in their late forties start to retire that currently control development, I got some nice hawaiian "heat induced renewal" eco friendly beach front for cheap for you. Activi$ion and Ubi$haft made as much money on MTX as they did on per title sales last year, and if you think Zenimax failed to pay attention, I also got some Arizona beachfront you can add on to that for the cheap.