Bethesda just announced TES6, Talk about it!

26 minutes ago, woodsman30 said:

Yes and I do believe they learned...maybe.. enter Elderscrolls on-line. I also believe they monitor forums including this one to see where the market is and what people are saying. Look at the Nexus it is huge 58,000 mods for Skyrim alone with 1.4 billion down loads. To put that in perspective that's like saying the entire population of America has downloaded 3.2 mods each...that's staggering. However I do see the creation club as pilot program to see if it catches on again downloads = money. Not sure how that will play out :(

ESO is actually something of a joke in the MMORPG community; despite the development budget on par with WoW when it launched in '04, it's never had more than 100,000 paid subscriptions concurrently and is currently at ~25,000. Plus it's a Zenimax Online game, not a BGS one.

At this point it's become clear the CC is not working out as well as Bugthesda had hoped. The amount of new content is minimal each time it's released, it takes six months on average for new content to even be released, and the company limits what's distributed on it to whatever consoles can handle. Which explains why so many people who played BGS games on console are switching to PC. They just can't compete with free mods in terms of quality, quantity, and rate of release and never will be able to.

Also they didn't triple their size, they just tripled the size of the development team. Plus nothing that's been announced about their expanding size means anything specific. All the hype about "new offices" and whatnot is actually pretty vague, since "office" could easily mean one person in some rented space.

As for games making them money, remember they need to sell a certain number of units to break even with the production and publication costs. And that's net sales, not gross.

2 hours ago, Jexsam said:

Or

OR

Maybe because Hammerfell is majority Redguard?

That has got to be most ridiculous thing I've read in a good while.  Gave me flashbacks to Resident Evil 5, a game set in Africa, where people were complaining about the zombies being black.  How dare they depict black people in a place where majority black people live!  The nerve!

Not that it matters at this point because we still don't know anything, it still might not be Hammerfell at all.  If they set it in Black Marsh somehow and put a Redguard woman as the MC, then you'll have a point, but we're years out from knowing if there's PC bullshit going on or if you're just being an idiot.

Again you're ignoring the elephant in the room, but do go ahead and continue to, so you can be all dramatic about it later.

Black Panther doesn't have almost an 100% critic rating because it's Citizen Kane in embossed pajamas, and review scores drive sales and public awareness.

Geoff Keighley doesn't have panels consisting exactly of Kotaku and Polygon staffers at this year's E3 round table by accident.

10 hours ago, 27X said:

Angle of the coast and light, the type of terrain they spent money on and and the lack of snow means mean High Rock or Hammerfell or both. Hammerfell's pretty much a gimme because it allows BGS to show how pander-progressive they are by putting a black female MC front and center for the promotional art, and the HoonDing has built in bullshit prophecy Chosen One™ powers so they don't even have to fuck with progression or think of a set of mechanics that change gameplay in a way that the series hasn't done before in a new (and expensive) way.

High Rock is also directly next to the only northern tower the Thalmor haven't taken, and so directly leads from Skyrim's MQ, it's also the tower the Thalmor need to take to unmake Mundus, which is their openly stated goal.

No jungle, no walking trees, no locked deciduous desert, and distinctly human/imperial style fortifications.

Pretty obvious where it is, and it's rather unlikely bgs is going to waste the kind of money they had to just throw people off the trail, quite the opposite.

I agree, the first thing I thought when I saw it was High Rock or Hammerfell myself.  I still hope for something more exotic, of course, but those two locations are the most obvious.  Which is kind of unfortunate visually as High Rock would be more of the same that we've seen, typical fantasy castles, forests and snowy mountains, while Hammerfell would be some jungly bits and then a whole hell of a lot of nothing.  That said, it would transition perfectly from "Frozen windblown hellhole" into "Dusty windblown hellhole", so the sheer ease of that might put it there.  But living in a coastal region of an otherwise pretty temperate place myself I can say it doesn't take long for the landscape to take a sharp change when you're close to the ocean.  I'm hoping we get to see somewhere new, but if it has to be either High Rock or Hammerfell I hope for High Rock, if for no other reason than because ingame books and such talk about how secretive and intrigue-ridden Breton society is.  That'd be a nice change of pace from Skyrim's "I'm just going to cave your skull in" approach to... well, almost everything I guess.  High Rock would give an opportunity for more variety in characters, they wouldn't be 90% big strong warriors with like two thieves, an archer and four mages.

4 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

Also they didn't triple their size,

BGS went from 90 to 120 to 500 people. They didn't expand to three studios and 400 more people so the X-mas is more cheery and loud for the best parties. Zenimax expects those people to earn their keep, and Zenimax has been pushing for yearly BGS titles for three years, and now they have the staff to make their mandate come true on a regular basis, fairly certain their going to use it.

2 hours ago, Arizona_Steve said:

No modding... no buy.

I'm in agreement with you here. If there isn't the capability to mod the game then it will most likely not be worth it. They won't end up fixing the majority of the bugs and if we're being brutally honest here the game will be bland and forgettable in the story and RPG department. Just looking at the transitions between one game to another they will likely design for the consoles first and foremost and ride it out on the console players or the die hard fanboys who will buy it regardless of how they make it. They'll make their money regardless of what the pc community does.

11 minutes ago, Just Checking said:

I agree, the first thing I thought when I saw it was High Rock or Hammerfell myself. 

Including both allows them to take advantage of the "new" engine's capabilities, and allows TES VI to fully ramp production after Starfield and FO+'s art teams are free to contribute after the core team has done feature and mechanic hardening including disparate biomes much easier.

Including two countries also allows them to relate a hard contrast geographically and culturally, as much as they're actually going to in the current marketing and political climate. High Rock really doesn't have strong martial focus like the HoonDing, so traveling or starting in Hammerfell sets up both the Thalmor plotline without much issue and gives you an instant hero kit with sword bullshit that players A will be instantly and nostalgically familiar with and B allow them to retain familiar power mechanics. Having a patchwork alliance plot also directly fuels MP avenues should they use it.

15 minutes ago, Wachtergeist said:

I'm in agreement with you here. If there isn't the capability to mod the game then it will most likely not be worth it. They won't end up fixing the majority of the bugs and if we're being brutally honest here the game will be bland and forgettable in the story and RPG department. Just looking at the transitions between one game to another they will likely design for the consoles first and foremost and ride it out on the console players or the die hard fanboys who will buy it regardless of how they make it. They'll make their money regardless of what the pc community does.

Sad but true and a statement I agree with.

17 minutes ago, 27X said:

BGS went from 90 to 120 to 500 people. They didn't expand to three studios and 400 more people so the X-mas is more cheery and loud for the best parties. Zenimax expects those people to earn their keep, and Zenimax has been pushing for yearly BGS titles for three years, and now they have the staff to make their mandate come true on a regular basis, fairly certain their going to use it.

I just post what I hear. I don't care enough about Zenimax/Bugthesda to bother getting confirmation or even specific details. They make video games, which ranks pretty low on my list of priorities of what to be concerned about when we've got moralist groups trying to undo decades of social advancement, unstable idiots in all governments, and hunters thinking that lemmings are a form of "fast food" because we're so small we cook quickly. :classic_tongue:

10 hours ago, 27X said:

Hammerfell's pretty much a gimme because it allows BGS to show how pander-progressive they are

That could fairly easily backfire on them though, not only because they have representation landmines to navigate - but lore wise, Redguards aren't human. Well, they are human - but they're not the same as humans who migrated over from Atmora who make up the rest of the human races. They are a completely separate people with their own genesis and own lineage. That could very easily trigger the usual suspects, especially once picked up by muckrakers for some easy clickbait moralizing.

27 minutes ago, Ernest Lemmingway said:

ESO is actually something of a joke in the MMORPG community; despite the development budget on par with WoW when it launched in '04, it's never had more than 100,000 paid subscriptions concurrently and is currently at ~25,000. Plus it's a Zenimax Online game, not a BGS one.

At this point it's become clear the CC is not working out as well as Bugthesda had hoped. The amount of new content is minimal each time it's released, it takes six months on average for new content to even be released, and the company limits what's distributed on it to whatever consoles can handle. Which explains why so many people who played BGS games on console are switching to PC. They just can't compete with free mods in terms of quality, quantity, and rate of release and never will be able to.

Also they didn't triple their size, they just tripled the size of the development team. Plus nothing that's been announced about their expanding size means anything specific. All the hype about "new offices" and whatnot is actually pretty vague, since "office" could easily mean one person in some rented space.

As for games making them money, remember they need to sell a certain number of units to break even with the production and publication costs. And that's net sales, not gross.

ESO has been pretty successful recently.

It's going to play in Akavir, Akavir is going to be the Nirn equivalent of Australia.

Prisoners from all over Tamriel are sent there, this is where the player story begins, too.

It may play after Skyrim, given how they need an excuse to bring dragons to Akavir most likely, which they could somehow achieve with dragons fleeing from Skyrim/Tamriel etc.

Will probably have a huge emphasis on building, just bigger and better than what they did in Fallout 4.

Mostly just my thoughts with some pretty believeable leaks thrown in.

Edit:

Oh and akaVIr, hint hint

8 minutes ago, BoozeJunky said:

That could fairly easily backfire on them though, not only because they have representation landmines to navigate - but lore wise, Redguards aren't human. Well, they are human - but they're not the same as humans who migrated over from Atmora who make up the rest of the human races. They are a completely separate people with their own genesis and own lineage. That could very easily trigger the usual suspects, especially once picked up by muckrakers for some easy clickbait moralizing.

And them telling those kind of people to hit the road on social media is literally free marketing.

Good news guys! I did extensive research before E3 using what Im learning In college as an information scientist (not computers, information as data, intel) And previewed many things about fallout 76 right from searching, some were only revealed in the interview with todd after the presentation and I have some great news!

LIKE ALWAYS TAKE THEM WITH A GRAIN OF SALT, MOST COMES FROM READING HUNDREDS OF PAGES, LOGS, ETC AND WHILE iM CERTAIN OF MOST FONTS I ANT SAY IT ABOUT ALL.THEY ARE NOT ABSOLUTE THEYRE RUMORS!

Aparently bethesda didnt go full dark side yet and since they know most of their "real fans" are pc users and modders they will keep free modding and focus on milking the new console fans instead.

Itll have a new engine and yes, its on pre production already.

Bethesda will continue supporting free pc modding, they see it as an way to let community fix their screw ups and what they didnt have time to do, right now they expect something like "cutting room floor"from modders for every game .

The issue isn't will the next batch of games have modding, the issue is with every AAA company moving to keep all the game data on THEIR end and having you "rent" everything, does the expense of modding justify itself to people whom are not Todd and Dan and Emil. These people aren't going to be at BGS forever.

10 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

ESO has been pretty successful recently.

Hell yeah, that's what Neanderthal man must have thought... the day before he went extinct, simply because the tank on steroids couldn't find willing companions on the whole ant hill to solve the fuckin' quest ahead. Cha, Arnold. That's bad luck, ey!

9 hours ago, protocolk said:

Good news guys! I did extensive research before E3 using what Im learning In college as an information scientist (not computers, information as data, intel) And previewed many things about fallout 76 right from searching, some were only revealed in the interview with todd after the presentation and I have some great news!

LIKE ALWAYS TAKE THEM WITH A GRAIN OF SALT, MOST COMES FROM READING HUNDREDS OF PAGES, LOGS, ETC AND WHILE iM CERTAIN OF MOST FONTS I ANT SAY IT ABOUT ALL.THEY ARE NOT ABSOLUTE THEYRE RUMORS!

Aparently bethesda didnt go full dark side yet and since they know most of their "real fans" are pc users and modders they will keep free modding and focus on milking the new console fans instead.

Itll have a new engine and yes, its on pre production already.

Bethesda will continue supporting free pc modding, they see it as an way to let community fix their screw ups and what they didnt have time to do, right now they expect something like "cutting room floor"from modders for every game .

here again, do not argumentation, PROOF!

and here's the proof. :classic_wink:

http://de.ign.com/fallout-76/129511/feature/wegen-online-zwang-verzichtet-fallout-76-auf-den-vats-modus

Spoiler

# 2: No mod support for Fallout 76?
Similarly, Fallout 76 may refrain from mod support - unless Bethesda plans to allow players to use private servers.

In recent years, the video game developer has been more and more supportive of modifying their games, but Fallout 76 as a multiplayer title will probably barely allow access to mods, so there are no unfair advantages in the game.

It is only to be hoped that this time Bethesda will fix even the biggest problems of previous titles, which always had to be dealt with by modders in the past - especially the confusing and cumbersome guidance through menus and the inventory.

3 hours ago, Jazzman said:

Hell yeah, that's what Neanderthal man must have thought... the day before he went extinct, simply because the tank on steroids couldn't find willing companions on the whole ant hill to solve the fuckin' quest ahead. Cha, Arnold. That's bad luck, ey!

ESO successful ????? lachende-smileys-342.gif
I believe mine Pig whistles!!! lachende-smileys-350.gif

22 minutes ago, winny257 said:

here again, do not argumentation, PROOF!

and here's the proof. :classic_wink:

http://de.ign.com/fallout-76/129511/feature/wegen-online-zwang-verzichtet-fallout-76-auf-den-vats-modus

Hide contents

# 2: No mod support for Fallout 76?
Similarly, Fallout 76 may refrain from mod support - unless Bethesda plans to allow players to use private servers.

In recent years, the video game developer has been more and more supportive of modifying their games, but Fallout 76 as a multiplayer title will probably barely allow access to mods, so there are no unfair advantages in the game.

It is only to be hoped that this time Bethesda will fix even the biggest problems of previous titles, which always had to be dealt with by modders in the past - especially the confusing and cumbersome guidance through menus and the inventory.

Well just wait, I dont need you to believe me, also todd confirmed mods and private server on an interview.

After reading more lore of TES I want Akavir to get some love. Vampire serpent people? Tiger people? Frozen demons that thaw to attack every year? Monkey people? Hell yes!

Want to find out the truth what is legend and what is real. Are the Tsaesci what the stories tell, vampiric serpent like creatures that enslaved/ate all the humans? They're the most interesting for me because vampires, and all these stories regarding what they really are. I'd just like closure on it.

Reality

But Creation Club will kill our hard drives/SSDs with constant updates breaking our mods causing many modders to say screw it and quit making people walk away in return because a Bethesda game without mods is only something Charles Manson could stand to play.

52 minutes ago, protocolk said:

Well just wait, I dont need you to believe me, also todd confirmed mods and private server on an interview.

and why do not you put a link to this interview?
so that everyone can see the pledge of Todd, there is a German proverb for it *a blind person always says, I want to have seen that*! :classic_wink:

edit: an excerpt from Dragon Age Inquisition *what people hear, They will scrutinize, but what They see, They will believe! :classic_smile:

3 hours ago, winny257 said:

and why do not you put a link to this interview?
so that everyone can see the pledge of Todd, there is a German proverb for it *a blind person always says, I want to have seen that*! :classic_wink:

edit: an excerpt from Dragon Age Inquisition *what people hear, They will scrutinize, but what They see, They will believe! :classic_smile:

For fuck sake is it that hard to search google?

here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-3X04jwJ0U

Predictions .

Set in highrock .

Will have mod support as todd has said he supports mods .

Only question is when will it be out . 2021 n beyond lol 

Starfield is first . Next gen .

Ps5 due November 2020 is expected release .

So starfield should be big release then .

Then after at some point starfield online . After elders 6 my guess .