Deviously Cursed Loot SE 9.0 (2021-03-09)

7 hours ago, zarantha said:

that's an hdt error - the chains he's equipping require it. if you don't have hdt smp, install ddhotfix.

DD Hotfix == https://mega.nz/#!SRJmRagK!tj91HO0PWKoW0KocrfKkI3IZQPxTzvRr4eoMSBfjEcs

Didn't expect such a definitive answer quite so quickly. Thank you. I'll install this and try it out later.

Edit: so, the hotfix bought me a half a second more before crashing. The character now has time to stand up from prone before the desktop. Thanks anyway.

Okay, thank you. I guess I should kill everything but racemenu (which I do use, but at this point I don't think I know a modder who doesn't.) and try again.

Urg, who would thought this would make fallout 4 modding seem simple and easy.

Edit: disabled ordinary women and total character make over, but it still CTDed. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to just kinda... shelve my finishing this quest till the next iteration of devious devices.

18 minutes ago, Elsidia said:

Disable not help i think - need restore  to original not to CTD.

Ahh... well...

So, I opted to wipe everything, reinstall everything, and just skip that little bit of chloe's quest for the moment, and keep her as a follower in suspense. While I want to know how the story ends, I'm not so desperate as to require it.

Thank you kindly for the help. I got everything else working again, so I'm just gonna start a new game and see where it takes me from there.

14 hours ago, zarantha said:

items getting bugged is usually due to script lag. this should be greatly improved when dd5 comes out, which should be soon. dd5 will *require* a new game.

removing bugged items - try devious devices equip first. if that doesn't work, you'd need to use the console. elsida posted some steps using the console two posts above your post...

dd5 will have a option in the mcm to remove bugged devices.

scripts for dagonar are not buggy in that way from what i've seen and heard elsewhere. for dcl you cannot skip through dialog. let it play at its own pace. hitting e that many times sounds like your game is really slow, which also relates to script lag and too many script heavy mods (yes, dcl is also script heavy).

not sure on rubber arrears. never heard of this issue. since you've got other symptoms of script lag, i'd suspect it here too.

ropes were recently added, i'd expect them to show up more as more mods make use of them. the next dcl will add a bondage inn, i'm sure they will be used there too. other than that, it's up to rng as to if you get ropes or some other item, and skyrim's rng is not the best.

if the ropes showed in dagonar, you built it correctly. bodyslide is bodyslide, any recent bodyslide tutorial would be all you need to know how to run it for this mod. it's not doing anything different. all you need to know is to make sure you check all the dda/dde/dcl/ft groups and your body groups before batch building.

xdff, that's a known issue. hopefully more to come with dcl 9.0, but i don't know for sure.

script lag, all you can do for now is remove large and script heavy mods. there are significant performance improvements in dd5.0, it should be out soon. once the LE version is publicly released, we'll get it ported to SE soon after. I'd expect you would benefit a lot from dd5, so stay tuned. but you will need to start a new game, upgrading between major dd versions is not supported.

Thanks for this extensive reply. I already guessed it was due to script lag of too many scripted mods. I guess I will remove FlowerGirls SE... not necessary anymore as we are all playing the "real" stuff, eh? ;) And also there, the scripts are running pretty slow, even without the DCL.

Nice to hear there is work in progress for a new version.

BTW, is there a fitting 1st-person modification to show the body? Right now I am using JoyOfPerspective but things like belts or harnesses show a weird and huge bump... in an area where one might also assume male testicals.

8 hours ago, Gopostal said:

Thanks for this extensive reply. I already guessed it was due to script lag of too many scripted mods. I guess I will remove FlowerGirls SE... not necessary anymore as we are all playing the "real" stuff, eh? ;) And also there, the scripts are running pretty slow, even without the DCL.

Nice to hear there is work in progress for a new version.

BTW, is there a fitting 1st-person modification to show the body? Right now I am using JoyOfPerspective but things like belts or harnesses show a weird and huge bump... in an area where one might also assume male testicals.

Nothing to replace 1st person that I know of, but JoP conflicts with some of the HDT stuff. Make sure you've got ddhotfixes.

4 hours ago, Wonko486 said:

And now the stupid thing is saying I don't have netimmerse override... Least it isn't crashing.

Nio warnings are you've got an old version of the script that doesn't recognize the dll from racemenu se. I've included fixes for that and the facegen in the patches file.

Elsidia linked to the script fix separately.

DCL-DD-ZaZ HDT-SMP and other patches == https://mega.nz/file/NPgRECpK#3FyfCRIyGagWobZ_uznneC9ajmLtCwEKmp94fglXX5g

You might benefit from going through the whole list of troubleshooting.

8 hours ago, zarantha said:

Nio warnings are you've got an old version of the script that doesn't recognize the dll from racemenu se. I've included fixes for that and the facegen in the patches file.

Elsidia linked to the script fix separately.

DCL-DD-ZaZ HDT-SMP and other patches == https://mega.nz/file/NPgRECpK#3FyfCRIyGagWobZ_uznneC9ajmLtCwEKmp94fglXX5g

You might benefit from going through the whole list of troubleshooting.

Thank you. It's weird that it even happening because it was working fine before (when skyrim wasn't on my primary drive, but it was giving me vortex problems.) before I moved the game to my C drive. It's all the same, recently downloaded mods. This install, mods and all, is only a few days old.

Yeah, it's also not the first time I've had it set up that way: but here we are. I managed to trade one set of problems for another.

So the patch zarantha provided did not fix the nioverride problem, and now I crash on struggle (which is one of my default tests while still in the dungeon cell.) so... Going to restart entirely. Wiping the saves, nuking the game, nuking the mods. And going from there...

Edit: I did have it working properly at one point. Just need to figure out what I did to get there. WIll have plenty of thinking time while I redownload everytyhing.

18 minutes ago, Wonko486 said:

and now I crash on struggle

If you crash with struggle and use a gamepad - then need dd struggle fix for it. In link what share zarantha before. is this fix. Also this game for SE need many small fixes to work without CTD. I spent about 2 month before get very stable Skyrim SE with DD. Also if not help those fixes with nioverride use that from  my archive with scripts, what i give to you. Also must be skse64 all fixes and MFgfix latest version too.

18 minutes ago, Wonko486 said:

Yeah, it's also not the first time I've had it set up that way: but here we are. I managed to trade one set of problems for another.

So the patch zarantha provided did not fix the nioverride problem, and now I crash on struggle (which is one of my default tests while still in the dungeon cell.) so... Going to restart entirely. Wiping the saves, nuking the game, nuking the mods. And going from there...

Edit: I did have it working properly at one point. Just need to figure out what I did to get there. WIll have plenty of thinking time while I redownload everytyhing.

yeah, there are some weird things going on right now. i experienced some heavy things, and still am but minor now. before you wipe, i'd suggest looking at every single mod you use and verify their versions, and look for any patches. and also, check your Steam client to make sure it's up to date, and ensure that you can run MO2 as admin , and that your mod folder and steam folders are exempt in your firewall and virus scanners. if you installed on the C drive, verify it isn't in a system protected folder (ie program files, desktop, documents...)

i have a suggestion, something to add for the 9.0 version which may be of... umm, shal i say, interest, if it is possible to do.

when in the middle of a DCUR quest, to block other mods from interfering at all, or at least variables to increase vulnerability and enslavement options from other mods. because they end up breaking the quest.

i'll explain. i use DEC (deviously Enslaved) as it's a great mod and fun to use and compliments other DD mods. but, until last night, i never had a problem. i was running Leon's Quest, and i had just entered Usolf's house where Claudius was asking for sex. so right after the first of the 3 sex animations, i get a message from DEC that Claudius seeing me so helpless decided to give me to one of his friends, and then i was sold to an NPC from another mod. and that broke since Claudius wasn't even done his sex with my PC, so i had to quit the game and reload, readjust my normal DEC settings and start the quest again.

but still, something like this should not happen, and having some kind of check in place would likely help prevent unknown variable scenarios like this.

1 hour ago, YojimboRatchet said:

i have a suggestion

It's very hard i say as beginner modder.

There is two ways:

1) Easy way: Mods must do it by own mods. As Example DEC need check if you run DCL mod and if do - read a quest variable and if it's true, stop running DEC

events.

UPD: and it's can turn in hard way for other mods - it must check too all many your running mods.

2) Hard way: DCL must check on load all BDSM mods what you installed (that's insane and slow for scripting).  And then when interfering with other mod. What can do DCL? In reality - nothing, because DCL can't stop other mods from working.

That means DCL can only check other mods and if their quests is running - not allow start DCL quest.

Alright, just updating; in case someone finds my experience useful.

I nuked it all. Deleted everything, game, all mods. The only thing I didn't wipe and reinstall was vortex.

Redownloaded skyrim SE.

-installed ONLY the MINIMUM mods needed to run DCL. (which is actually a fairly beefy list.) live another life, and a my bodyslide preset, since you need to build the stuff anyway.

-Ran the game, triggered a DCL event. Got pony boots, and they worked. No error about nioverride.

-Thankfully, got one of the items which trigger a struggle animation. Struggled. No CTD. NOICE!

I then proceeded to install the rest of the LL mods I use. The beast race refits (cause... I likes the argonians.) defeat, and laura's shop. Run bodyslide and FNIS.

-New game, setup all the mods in game. Trigger a cursed loot event. Struggle: and immediate CTD.

Normally when this happens, I reinstall the skeleton and use the 4.51 physics extensions. I did NOT solve the problem.

-Reinstall the skeleton again for the up to date physics.

-Thought REALLY hard on it. The only mod which was "complex" was defeat. Removed Defeat, ran fnis. New game, setup the mods, trigger cursed loot, wound up in a yoke, and the bobbing and weaving was gorgeous with the bronzed goddess body slide. It works. Boots, struggling, all of it.

Going to skip using defeat, and just use the inbuilt combat surrender in DCL instead.

My next step: I'm going to install the nexus "sexy stuff" (flower girls, estrus, skimpy clothes replacer, the bijin packs.) test it again, test it again, and if it works from there: the rest of my mods which are primarily weapon and world stuff.

25 minutes ago, Wonko486 said:

Alright, just updating; in case someone finds my experience useful.

I nuked it all. Deleted everything, game, all mods. The only thing I didn't wipe and reinstall was vortex.

Redownloaded skyrim SE.

-installed ONLY the MINIMUM mods needed to run DCL. (which is actually a fairly beefy list.) live another life, and a my bodyslide preset, since you need to build the stuff anyway.

-Ran the game, triggered a DCL event. Got pony boots, and they worked. No error about nioverride.

-Thankfully, got one of the items which trigger a struggle animation. Struggled. No CTD. NOICE!

I then proceeded to install the rest of the LL mods I use. The beast race refits (cause... I likes the argonians.) defeat, and laura's shop. Run bodyslide and FNIS.

-New game, setup all the mods in game. Trigger a cursed loot event. Struggle: and immediate CTD.

Normally when this happens, I reinstall the skeleton and use the 4.51 physics extensions. I did NOT solve the problem.

-Reinstall the skeleton again for the up to date physics.

-Thought REALLY hard on it. The only mod which was "complex" was defeat. Removed Defeat, ran fnis. New game, setup the mods, trigger cursed loot, wound up in a yoke, and the bobbing and weaving was gorgeous with the bronzed goddess body slide. It works. Boots, struggling, all of it.

Going to skip using defeat, and just use the inbuilt combat surrender in DCL instead.

My next step: I'm going to install the nexus "sexy stuff" (flower girls, estrus, skimpy clothes replacer, the bijin packs.) test it again, test it again, and if it works from there: the rest of my mods which are primarily weapon and world stuff.

word of advice. install them one at a time, then run LOOT/FNIS and load the game to make sure the MCM is loaded and it works. do your settings in the MCM, the save and quit. install the next one. easier to troubleshoot conflicts this way

YoJimboRatchet: absolutely, and normally I would. But in deference for speed; I'm throwing stuff together and trying to group things in a such a way that the one causing problems is obvious. For instance, in this last batch: the most "complex" mods to get added were the estrus stuff. They caused CTD on struggle. Out they went and when I tried again: everything worked.

The upshot is: NOW all that's left is armor, weapon and world mods, and those have never given me problems with DCL or animations.

Edit: shame for estrus though. I did want those mimic chests...

Alright, so... I went slowly, 3-4 mods at a time, often just some textures, or world edits; Like Ancient land.

Every single fucking time, SOMETHING breaks. But I literally HAD all these mods working together and WITH DCL and all the rest. So I'm installing all my other mods, and will do the lovers lab stuff at the very end and pray that it works cause I am not spending the days it would take to troubleshoot everything one at a time for a beta which is apparently finicky like a hungry, sleepy 2 year old.

I love DCL, but damn, it is tweaky.

Edit: installed my everything else. Ran the game. Cleared the save files, the INI files, installed the lovers lab mods, ran bodyslide, ran fnis, played the game, triggered a DCL event. Got pony boots, no warnings. Tried to struggle out of the gag... Struggle animation on the first time! So yeah, seems like (for me anyway, mileage may vary.) that so long as the lovers lab stuff is the ABSOLUTE last stuff to get installed: it'll work.

Man, been modding my beth games for years, and you still get those "you don't know anything" moments.

Edit: SO! I haven't been able to make it work since. I noticed after my one good shot that one of the mods I installed (green estrus recolour.) was not working. Figured: I was restarting anyway so no big deal to remove it. And I did. and it's been nothing but FAILURES since. Crash on struggle every fucking time. I'm giving up for the night.