Guess This Location.

3 minutes ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

looks like the one with the hunters that got 'emselves bonced by spriggans.

Moss Mother?

Spot on! This picture is taken from the "ledge" that contains the gold deposit. For those of you who don't know about that it is behind the tree from which the third spriggan springs. :smile:

Anyone who is bored can still take up my all word challenge. Where is a shipwreck that is not in the Sea of Ghosts? (And I don't mean something like Broken Oar Grotto that is, basically, part of the Sea of Ghosts. In short the parameters are 1) it is a shipwreck, 2) you are referred to it by an NPC (such as when Annekke Crag-Jumper sends you to the Wreck of the Winter War or when the guards of northern cities tell you to beware this or that wreck and 3) it contains (some anyway) treasure. 

4 hours ago, Psalam said:

Where is a shipwreck that is not in the Sea of Ghosts? (And I don't mean something like Broken Oar Grotto that is, basically, part of the Sea of Ghosts. In short the parameters are 1) it is a shipwreck, 2) you are referred to it by an NPC (such as when Annekke Crag-Jumper sends you to the Wreck of the Winter War or when the guards of northern cities tell you to beware this or that wreck and 3) it contains (some anyway) treasure. 

Assuming (yeah, I know) the whole north coast borders the Sea of Ghosts, I am thinking lake wrecks. There is one in Lake Ilinalta, though I'm not sure if a guard mentions it by name or not. The wreck is between the Lady Stone and Hert's lumber mill and does have a treasure chest.

8 hours ago, karlpaws said:

Assuming (yeah, I know) the whole north coast borders the Sea of Ghosts, I am thinking lake wrecks. There is one in Lake Ilinalta, though I'm not sure if a guard mentions it by name or not. The wreck is between the Lady Stone and Hert's lumber mill and does have a treasure chest.

You are right about that wreck, I've seen it too. It does not, however, meet the parameters I listed above. As you say, no NPC refers you to it and, if I remember correctly, it has no loot at all. But the idea that it is in the water and NOT in the Sea of Ghosts is exactly spot on.

16 minutes ago, MorePrinniesDood said:

Have an easy one ... in 4k

Reveal hidden contents

4kEasyLocation.thumb.jpeg.6bb8ee5282e918c22e770b6cd6ab102f.jpeg

I believe this is Lake Illinalta with the PC at the Standing Stones. If so look back at Grey Cloud's picture of the same place on page 158 of this thread. That is not meant as a criticism but as showing how a common location can look very different from different perspectives. 

Obi-Wan: Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

10 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I believe this is Lake Illinalta with the PC at the Standing Stones. If so look back at Grey Cloud's picture of the same place on page 158 of this thread. That is not meant as a criticism but as showing how a common location can look very different from different perspectives. 

Obi-Wan: Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

You are, of course, correct. I did say it would be easy.

I am trying to withdraw slowly, so as not to go into DTs or something. I am trying to limit myself to one shot daily. So, does anyone have a preference for:

• distance shot (like I did with Yngvild)
  • closer shot (like MorePrinniesDood did with Lake Illinalta) or
  • interior shot (like I did with Moss Mother Cave)

(as always the author withholds the right to completely ignore his readers and do whatever he feels like anyway - although I thin I have decent shots for all three right now).

19 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

5aeb3ac633021_enb2018_05_0317_01_36_08.thumb.jpg.743e37caf3990f019108a8cb05211782.jpg

That's the one I feel an idea itching in the back of my memories...

Somewhere in the western map ... halfway between a dwemer ruin and the Dragontooth craterl

Bthada-something-amnz... ?:confused:

*sigh* I suck at dwemer-language skills

I remember to usually take a bath there and have a sip of wine, after slaying the dragon in the neighborhood. :classic_wink:

Edit:

So by conclusion the middle picture with the bloody corpse must be the one below the shrine of Peryite?

33 minutes ago, worik said:

That's the one I feel an idea itching in the back of my memories...

Somewhere in the western map ... halfway between a dwemer ruin and the Dragontooth craterl

Bthada-something-amnz... ?:confused:

I remember to usually take a bath there and have a sip of wine, after slaying the dragon in the neighborhood. :classic_wink:

Edit:

So by conclusion the middle picture with the bloody corpse must be the one below the shrine of Peryite?

34 minutes ago, worik said:

So did the dwemer. That's why the became extinct

Too vague, so I'll leave them for others to have a go at.

The last is the site that the maps (not the in-game maps but the book ones) call the incautious bather. The dwarven ruin Worik was looking for is Bthardamz. This is the Peryite Daedric quest.

The second picture is not vanilla. The post looks like the one from Boethiah's shrine taken by a modder and placed here because, otherwise, it would be Eastmarch.

The first one reminds me of the many towers that hold goodies. If it is near the incautious bather site my best guess would be Blind Cliff Cave where you help (or don't) a hagraven (Melka?) recover her staff. That would likely make the last tower you enter after killing (or not) both hagravens.

17 minutes ago, Psalam said:

The second picture is not vanilla.

It is, I'm just standing at the same spot.  The 3rd person view with the character is blocking a chest from being seen. :classic_biggrin:

Bthardamz

Truely a scholar of ancient cultures! Not someone from the harbour's slums in Anvil like me :classic_blush:

16 minutes ago, worik said:

It is, I'm just standing at the same spot.  The 3rd person view with the character is blocking a chest from being seen. :classic_biggrin:

Truely a scholar of ancient cultures! Not someone from the harbour's slums in Anvil like me :classic_blush:

24 minutes ago, Psalam said:

The last is the site that the maps (not the in-game maps but the book ones) call the incautious bather. The dwarven ruin Worik was looking for is Bthardamz. This is the Peryite Daedric quest.

The second picture is not vanilla. The post looks like the one from Boethiah's shrine taken by a modder and placed here because, otherwise, it would be Eastmarch.

The first one reminds me of the many towers that hold goodies. If it is near the incautious bather site my best guess would be Blind Cliff Cave where you help (or don't) a hagraven (Melka?) recover her staff. That would likely make the last tower you enter after killing (or not) both hagravens.

Blind Cliff Bastion. Virtually at the exit door.

Dragon Totem something or other.

Incautious Bather.

I was on my way to Druadach Redoubt for the annual Cidhna Vets Convention.

1 hour ago, Grey Cloud said:

These are all in the same vicinity. The real-time clock tells you how close.

1 hour ago, worik said:

Edit:

33 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I can identify the Incautious Bather (you bathe with a dead body floating in the pool? Don't the arrows floating there warn you off? :classic_blink: ) and the Shrine of Peryite (below the cliff, up the hill from the Karthwasten mines but reachable from that side, not the Bather's pool side of the hill) and in between is the Dragontooth Crater where there is a standing tower (with dead bandit and the loot chests) useful for cover when fighting said dragon or the Forsworn and Hagraven that are there pre-dragon. There is also a broken, fallen tower you can hide under fighting the dragon if you need cover when it flies over.

9 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Blind Cliff Bastion. Virtually at the exit door.

Dragon Totem something or other.

Incautious Bather.

I was on my way to Druadach Redoubt for the annual Cidhna Vets Convention.

Well played :smile:

I'm so ashamed. Clearly I have a real problem. I need a 12 step meeting. I'm going to use Worik's suggestion as an excuse to post 2 pictures. They are completely unrelated. They are not geographically near each other (as Grey Cloud's were). And, if I know what I'm doing (there is clearly some doubt there) they really have nothing in common at all.

Oh, and by the way, I'm still waiting for someone (anyone!) to tell me where my shipwreck is.

ScreenShot50j.jpg

ScreenShot47j.jpg