18 minutes ago, olokoko said:

I've only had a brief chance to test the new amputation features, but wondering about one odd behaviour I've seen so far.

Has anyone else had constant equip-unequip-equip-unequip behaviour if SD+ adds an armbinder while missing both arms?

Sounds like the issue I have with SPERG and DD in general.  The mod equips an invisible "weapon" to make the limb disappear properly, which SL mods will then force unequip, then the original mod force equips, ad infinitum.  SPERG has the same issue with the invisible "fist" weapon it equips to account for it's hand-to-hand combat damage scaling.

I don't believe there's a workaround available yet, nor do I think one is technically possible, due to engine limitations.  If only we had a better way to edit meshes on-the-fly without using equipment slots...

13 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

This is the reason I abandoned the whole prosthetics thing I wanted to try. 

I don't care about stages or anything fancy, just some kind of blood spatter or something - anything at all to indicate the limb is "wounded" other than trying to make it vanish.

Amputation doesn't equip invisible weapons does it?

I need to stop SLD unequipping them if it does.

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I don't care about stages or anything fancy, just some kind of blood spatter or something - anything at all to indicate the limb is "wounded" other than trying to make it vanish.

Amputation doesn't equip invisible weapons does it?

I need to stop SLD unequipping them if it does.

I would like that too. I'm not much into amputation, but I wouldnt mind a red overlay indicating that I cant use the hand, like the hand is broken or something. I would like to try out the amputation content without actually having to see the amputation... ?

Oh, and would it be possible to exclude pickaxes and woodcutting axes from the weapon contraband list, at least as toggle option? Would be nice if you didnt have to look for a new pickaxe everytime. Or maybe a cheap license just for these two? Or something like a working license, so you have to buy a license, otherwise peope wont let you sell them stuff (cabbage to farmers etc) and stewards wont give you bounty contracts, and this license would include the ability to possess a pickaxe.

"- You can not bathe without hands"

A bit overdone realism, since it depends on the depth of the water. Being completely immersed in water for a time will dissolve the dirt on your body, but of course you can't wash yourself in a little puddle. But since the game probably can't detect water depth, I think it should be up to the player to RP instead.

Great mod! Just a small bug I noticed. With the simply knock feature, enslavement via SD+ works, but not via Simple Slavery. They give the dialogue about sending me to Riften, but nothing happens afterwards. They just give you your stuff back and you're free to leave. Other than that, everything seems to be working smoothly! ? 

5 hours ago, saltshade said:

A bit overdone realism, since it depends on the depth of the water. Being completely immersed in water for a time will dissolve the dirt on your body, but of course you can't wash yourself in a little puddle. But since the game probably can't detect water depth, I think it should be up to the player to RP instead.

I agree, people without hands do manage to wash in reality. So this is over-realism.

I believe Monoman considers it a gameplay decision, to add an extra inconvenience to having no hands.

I suggest (once again) that capping the quality of the cleaning is more balanced - so you can still wash but can't remove the last 20% of dirt.

I have the same opinions of washing while bound, or washing without water. You should be able to get cleaner, but not really clean.

That way you can keep out of "almost certain disease" territory, but still not impress vendors with your cleanliness.

6 hours ago, Mehmeme said:

Or something like a working license, so you have to buy a license, otherwise people wont let you sell them stuff (cabbage to farmers etc) and stewards wont give you bounty contracts, and this license would include the ability to possess a pickaxe.

Interesting, but not quite sexist enough! Should get a bounty for being seen doing men's work. Or locked in the brothel, or ... something ...

As for bounties? Surely you jest? A woman adventurer? Ludicrous. Now, OTOH, the man in charge of her might be given the bounty (the male follower).

I could see this working in a practical way with DF: you have to be in gold-control mode before you're given any bounties or similar tasks. That way the follower really does get the gold reward, not you.

Speaking of amputation and prosthetics ...

I have some vague recollection - and it's been years since I used to work with NetImmerse seriously - but I believe there are two transforms on a bone.

One transform is the hierarchy transform that determines the bone position and influences its children.

The other transform is applied only to things rendered based off that bone, and is in the space of the first transform.

If you write custom code to drive the transforms, you can have animation channels driving the second transform too, so you can do stuff like muscle bulge using skin weights and such.

In either case, this second transform allows things rendered relative to the bone to be rendered in different places, or scaled differently. So, setting the scale on the second transform makes the limb disappear, but doesn't effect child transformation.

Apart from this, there is already a functional system in Skyrim for swapping hands and feet, used for boots and gloves, and this can be used to create a good range of prosthetics for lost hands and feet - but you can't replace a whole arm or leg. I imagine the only way to do that is to have a different body mesh. It would be a whole bunch of meshes to do all the combinations.

@Monoman1 the newest version i updated to recently is working really well for me. Just curious though, how can I add armors like the "Tembtra Armor" or the "Merta Assassin/Black Rose" as bikini's? I would imagine those should be, hypothetically, considered bikini's, or lewd enough in their own right... Is it possible from the users end to add armors to that bill?

Always wanted amputator to have some actual impact on a gameplay and here it is! A bit problematic though, every mod with unequip all function (cursed loot, even sexlab animations when youre stripped) leads to equip-unequip loop. I can only stop it by healing limbs, not very immersive)

Ow and another thing. I tried to mine ore without hands and it worked (that was expected). What i didnt expect was my hands reappearing, no equip-unequip loop and sound this time, you just start mining  and that heals you. Not sure if it even can be fixed but there it is=)

14 minutes ago, voberon said:

A bit problematic though, every mod with unequip all function (cursed loot, even sexlab animations when youre stripped) leads to equip-unequip loop. I can only stop it by healing limbs, not very immersive)

Still would like to know what amputator/SLS are doing with regard to equipped weapons so I can support it properly.

for some reason when i beg for clothes, and do what they say, they don't give me any clothes?

edit: also, the amputator animations aren't working for me? at all

2 hours ago, letterman said:

for some reason when i beg for clothes, and do what they say, they don't give me any clothes?

came here to ask the same question. using the newest version. begging works, except I don't get any stuff afterwards (yes, after I went and asked for the reward).

any idea? also happens in a new game. only since upgraded to newest version.

Sorry folks, I need to take it easier on the modding for a bit

1. My carpal tunnel is flaring up like a mofo. 

2. I broke my screen in hilarious but heart breaking fashion yesterday lol

On 8/9/2019 at 9:50 AM, jealco said:

Sounds like the issue I have with SPERG and DD in general.  The mod equips an invisible "weapon" to make the limb disappear properly, which SL mods will then force unequip, then the original mod force equips, ad infinitum.  SPERG has the same issue with the invisible "fist" weapon it equips to account for it's hand-to-hand combat damage scaling.

I don't believe there's a workaround available yet, nor do I think one is technically possible, due to engine limitations.  If only we had a better way to edit meshes on-the-fly without using equipment slots...

Shouldn't make any difference I think.

On 8/9/2019 at 6:02 AM, ttpt said:

I updated and I thought I hit a bug with contraband handling but then I saw

V0.52 (13-July-2019)

- Changed follower contraband handling. Followers are allowed any armor or weapons they have equipped even if you don't have the appropriate licences. Anything you give them that you don't have a licence for AND that they don't equip will be given back to you as part of the 'Followers Won't Carry Contraband' option. Licence checks with guards should also behave the same. As a result 'follower stripping you' events will be much rarer but can still happen under the right circumstances. Hopefully I'll find more ways of doing it

I know I keep asking for toggles, but I liked the old behavior for the license system, since I mostly considered them a party license. So is there way to get a toggle for the old way that stripped you of and your followers of all weapons and armors unless you have a valid license?

I'd consider going back to a version before that but I like the new features you add to the mod too. In the meantime if I fail a license check I'll just manually put my followers stuff in the inventory bag on EFF, so it's not a deal breaker in any case.

Ugh, I don't know.

There's a lot that could go wrong.

On 8/9/2019 at 9:28 AM, olokoko said:

I've only had a brief chance to test the new amputation features, but wondering about one odd behaviour I've seen so far.

Has anyone else had constant equip-unequip-equip-unequip behaviour if SD+ adds an armbinder while missing both arms?

Haven't seen it myself but you're not the only one with something similar it seems. 

Curious though. Survival will only unequip things so something has got to be equipping something creating the loop. You'd think an armbinder would want your hands empty. 

12 hours ago, saltshade said:

"- You can not bathe without hands"

It's simply a gameplay mechanic. I'm not looking to create a bathing simulator. 

10 hours ago, Ella said:

Great mod! Just a small bug I noticed. With the simply knock feature, enslavement via SD+ works, but not via Simple Slavery. They give the dialogue about sending me to Riften, but nothing happens afterwards. They just give you your stuff back and you're free to leave. Other than that, everything seems to be working smoothly! ? 

I'll check it out when I can. 

23 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Same problem though. I'm not a mesh/texture guy so can't do anything. 

5 hours ago, DremoraDream said:

@Monoman1 the newest version i updated to recently is working really well for me. Just curious though, how can I add armors like the "Tembtra Armor" or the "Merta Assassin/Black Rose" as bikini's? I would imagine those should be, hypothetically, considered bikini's, or lewd enough in their own right... Is it possible from the users end to add armors to that bill?

You can add the bikini keyword to anything you think qualifies as skimpy enough. 

Have a look at the second post on the support page. 

4 hours ago, voberon said:

Always wanted amputator to have some actual impact on a gameplay and here it is! A bit problematic though, every mod with unequip all function (cursed loot, even sexlab animations when youre stripped) leads to equip-unequip loop.

I don't know why unequipall would lead to a loop. Survival WANTS things to be unequipped when handless. 

12 hours ago, Mehmeme said:

Oh, and would it be possible to exclude pickaxes and woodcutting axes from the weapon contraband list, at least as toggle option?

Pick axes and wood axe should already be excluded. 

Add anything you want to the formlists:

_SLS_LicExceptionsWeapon

_SLS_LicExceptionsArmor

4 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Still would like to know what amputator/SLS are doing with regard to equipped weapons so I can support it properly.

pretty straight forward. No hand = unequip any weapon or spell equipped to that hand.

It's mostly in script _SLS_AmputationHelplessAlias I think

3 hours ago, letterman said:

edit: also, the amputator animations aren't working for me? at all

have you tried rerunning FNIS?

And I assume you followed the install instructions for amputator tweak? (clean save/new game)

6 hours ago, voberon said:

Always wanted amputator to have some actual impact on a gameplay and here it is! A bit problematic though, every mod with unequip all function (cursed loot, even sexlab animations when youre stripped) leads to equip-unequip loop. I can only stop it by healing limbs, not very immersive)

Ow and another thing. I tried to mine ore without hands and it worked (that was expected). What i didnt expect was my hands reappearing, no equip-unequip loop and sound this time, you just start mining  and that heals you. Not sure if it even can be fixed but there it is=)

First solved, i installed SPERG (for the 1st time) and it kept equipping "fist" weapon while other mods kept unequipping all, haha. My mistake.

I think the kennels would be better if there was a curfew for towns and cities. If it gets late, a guard can force greet you if they catch you wandering around the town, then lock you up in the kennel for the night, or even if they catch you wandering outside of a town during night hours. There isn't much reason to resort to using them, so maybe that would truly make it a "last resort." so the player will always have to keep in mind that they have to make it to an inn or home before it gets too late, or else they will be forced to spend the night in the kennel without the option of getting their own cell.

At least if this was an optional setting.

Very good mod. Thanks a lot for it. I just wanted to make a suggestion and see if you think it's worth anything.

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

pretty straight forward. No hand = unequip any weapon or spell equipped to that hand.

It's mostly in script _SLS_AmputationHelplessAlias I think

Somebody suggested it was equipping an invisible weapon to block further equippage or something?

If all it does it un-equip things, then there is no conflict, as that's all SLD does too.

4 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

It's simply a gameplay mechanic. I'm not looking to create a bathing simulator. 

Don't get me wrong. It's a great mod and fun to play, but how would making the bathing without hands restriction optional a bathing simulator? You would only need to make a button in MCM. I wasn't asking for anything more, and I didn't mean to bash you on your decision.

I also like Lupine's suggestion of setting the max cleanliness you can achieve without hands to 20% something, since it would be realistic, but I can understand if you're not keen on this. I just think it's better than not being able to bathe at all.

5 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Haven't seen it myself but you're not the only one with something similar it seems. 

Curious though. Survival will only unequip things so something has got to be equipping something creating the loop. You'd think an armbinder would want your hands empty. 

That'd be SD+ adding the armbinder at the moment the player is enslaved after defeat, my assumption is that it checks that it's equipped after equipping, and if it's not, redoes it.

My assumption is also that SLS is doing the exact opposite :P

Main issue there is that if you've got SD+ as a DA outcome, you're likely going to be heading into SD+ right after being in a fight - during which you lost and therefore you're fairly likely to have ended up dismembered.

Any idea if there'd be scope to leave anything with a DD tag from being unequipped when you're dismembered? Or even just a counter to limit how many times SLS tries to remove something from the same slot, essentially letting any other really persistent scripts win out.

5-10 times probably enough, or any number where you'd assume that anything that was going to remain unequipped, would already be unequipped at that point.

12 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Interesting, but not quite sexist enough! Should get a bounty for being seen doing men's work. Or locked in the brothel, or ... something ...

As for bounties? Surely you jest? A woman adventurer? Ludicrous. Now, OTOH, the man in charge of her might be given the bounty (the male follower).

I could see this working in a practical way with DF: you have to be in gold-control mode before you're given any bounties or similar tasks. That way the follower really does get the gold reward, not you.

That could certainly be a next step. I love the way these two mods work together anyway, and the more stuff there is, the better.

6 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Pick axes and wood axe should already be excluded. 

Add anything you want to the formlists:

_SLS_LicExceptionsWeapon

_SLS_LicExceptionsArmor

Thanks, I didnt know that. Would still find a work license interesting ?

4 hours ago, redredding5 said:

I think the kennels would be better if there was a curfew for towns and cities. If it gets late, a guard can force greet you if they catch you wandering around the town, then lock you up in the kennel for the night, or even if they catch you wandering outside of a town during night hours. There isn't much reason to resort to using them, so maybe that would truly make it a "last resort." so the player will always have to keep in mind that they have to make it to an inn or home before it gets too late, or else they will be forced to spend the night in the kennel without the option of getting their own cell.

Curfew has been suggested before. It's sort of interesting. The problem with your idea in particular is that Whiterun is the only city with a kennel, so it'd only work there. 

Ideally I wanted other cities to have different themes (not be kennels) so that's another problem. 

3 hours ago, saltshade said:

You would only need to make a button in MCM. I wasn't asking for anything more, and I didn't mean to bash you on your decision.

sure a toggle isn't a big deal.

59 minutes ago, olokoko said:

That'd be SD+ adding the armbinder at the moment the player is enslaved after defeat, my assumption is that it checks that it's equipped after equipping, and if it's not, redoes it.

The problem here appears to be just from looking at SD in tesedit is that a lot of the devious device type restraints don't have the sexlabnostrip keyword. I don't know how this hasn't been a problem before now. I mean even sexlab will also try to unequip the items, but it has the luxury of only trying once and then the SD locking script will likely fire and re-equip it. It'd be more efficient if the nostrip keyword was added to the devices tbh. I don't know if it's an oversight or a purposeful choice for some reason. 

I guess I could add a check for zad_inventory device but it kind of seems like adding the sexlabnostrip keyword would be a more... universal fix. 

10 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Ugh, I don't know.

There's a lot that could go wrong.

it's understandable, on my own post I suggested what I do as a workaround, since EFF's own inventory system is per follower and allows me to keep track of where their stuff is at.

I do really appreciate the kennel toggle a bunch, since I had no way to work around it, since teleporting followers back in would still trigger the script to kick em out again.

Also you've been working on so many mods it's good to take a break.