3 hours ago, shoucchin said:

First time installing so forgive me if I'm missing something glaringly obvious-- I have a stable list that consists of the LS2 modlist + whatever LL mods I like that work well with each other. I'm really interested in trying out DD, but I'm having trouble getting it working. Without it enabled, the game runs great, but I can't even get to the load screen with DD enabled. 

I'm using the latest version available on the main download page (5.0.7), and I have DD for him and the Beast Race refits. I'm also using Devious Followers and Devious Lore, but with both of those out of the picture I still crash. 

So, I've got some questions:

1. Can someone point me to a quick walkthrough of how to run everything through bodyslide? I haven't done it before and want to make sure I do it correctly.
  2. Are there any mods that are incompatible with DD? Happy to include the full modlist and load order if you want it, but for reference the LL mods (minus SoS and a few others that need to be higher in the load order) are close to the bottom, similar to the setup in this walkthrough. I've included the order within MO2 for all the mods in that section in a spoiler below. For the ones that have multiple ESPs, I'm just following what I'm told except for when told otherwise (i.e., "beast refits" after "for him").

If anyone can help me it'd be much appreciated, it's probably something basic but after messing around with things for a few hours I thought it might be nice to get some help. Any suggestions to improve the load order of this section or warnings on some difficult mods are welcome as well!

Reveal hidden contents

Mod Load Order:

SL Framework

SL Aroused

DD

Devious Lore

Devious Followers

SlaveTats

SLAL

SL Defeat

SOS schlong addons (SOS and Bad Dog Hoodies are way above this section with the other skin and PC/NPC mods)

CreatureFramework

MNC

SL Aroused Creatures

BakaFactory's ABC

ChaurusLife

SL Attraction

SL EagerNPCs

Arousal Based Matchmaker

SLSO

SL Theft and Seduction

Radiant Prostitution

SL Drunk Redux

SL Dangerous Nights

DSE Buttplug

[All my animations]

Wintersun SL integration

SLACS

No Overpenetration

SL LightMeUp

SL Ammo Unequip

BetterBlowjob

Raven Beak

SL Pleasure

The Book of Sex

Bestial Essence

Dovahkiin's Infamy

SL Body Search +dialog patch

SLATE

The only things below this category are merges, late loaders (papyrusUtil, levelled lists, etc.), and final steps like map markers and DynDOLOD and other outputs.

Just a nitpick - the 7 at the end of the version is part of '7z', the extension. So the version is 5.0.

How to run bodyslide properly depends on what mod manager you use. Take a look at the documentation and video on the bodyslide mod page (fallout and skyrim work the same for this pupose), or google your mod manager and bodyslide. if you're using vortex, instructions are in the help part of vortex.

Gotchas, incompatibilities, etc are on the troubleshooting post

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/99700-devious-devices-se-50-2020-11-26/page/111/?tab=comments#comment-3077930

If you can't get to the load screen with DD enabled, then you likely grabbed an LE mod with a BSA instead of the SE converted version. It's not DD itself if you got it from download linked on this thread. Check where you downloaded the requirements from and make sure you have the SE version.

soon as i install this mod, when i go into cave cells like bleak falls, it causes me to ctd shortly into the cave, and it messes up my game to the point where even with mods purged i have to do a full reinstall of skyrim se to fix this issue, anyone know why this could be? (i looked at the plugins in vortex, even though this is the SE edition, it says all the plugins are designed for a different game)

2 hours ago, zallon said:

soon as i install this mod, when i go into cave cells like bleak falls, it causes me to ctd shortly into the cave, and it messes up my game to the point where even with mods purged i have to do a full reinstall of skyrim se to fix this issue, anyone know why this could be? (i looked at the plugins in vortex, even though this is the SE edition, it says all the plugins are designed for a different game)

You've got some other issue. This mod won't cause a CTD in that location unless you have an issue with HDT SMP and had chains equipped due to a trap or rape event triggered by another mod. Try building the NOHDT chain meshes in bodyslide.

This mod won't cause issues that require a full game reinstall or prevent vortex from purging properly. That sounds like you've got an issue with vortex itself.

Form 43 won't cause crashing and is perfectly fine to use.

On 2/11/2021 at 1:59 AM, zarantha said:

Ok, I dug up vortex again, and I'm not seeing an issue installing this mod.

Not sure why you're using loot with vortex - vortex has loot built in. For all we know, loot is looking in the wrong place.

*****snip****

I don't usually use LOOT to sort, but I do use it to copy the load order.

I paste this info into a spreadsheet for a couple of reasons:

1. I know I'll get the freshest load order (the Vortex load order doc. doesn't update every time I deploy)
  2. It lists the index for each plugin (00, 0A, 4F, etc.). I know this info is in the plugins tab, but it is faster to scroll through the spreadsheet than to scroll through Vortex.
  3. If I update a mod, or even add a new one, I can paste the updated load order into another column and do a side-by-side comparison to see if I need to tweak the load order.
13 hours ago, 69james said:

i do and have used bodyslide nothing is working

Invisible body / missing outfits is an issue with how you're running bodyslide. Make sure you are running bodyslide through your mod manager. Make sure you can select the outfits and your presets. Do a test build by selecting one, checking "build morphs"  in the bottom right, and clicking "Build" in the bottom center. Look at the output path - is it going to the right place? Bodyslide has a settings in the bottom right. In the advanced options, you can force it to output to a specific folder if needed. If you've set things up right, this should not be needed and should be empty.

1 hour ago, Seeker999 said:

I don't usually use LOOT to sort, but I do use it to copy the load order.

I paste this info into a spreadsheet for a couple of reasons:

1. I know I'll get the freshest load order (the Vortex load order doc. doesn't update every time I deploy)
  2. It lists the index for each plugin (00, 0A, 4F, etc.). I know this info is in the plugins tab, but it is faster to scroll through the spreadsheet than to scroll through Vortex.
  3. If I update a mod, or even add a new one, I can paste the updated load order into another column and do a side-by-side comparison to see if I need to tweak the load order.

All I'm saying is that if the esp isn't staying enabled, it usually means that it's not enabled in plugins even if the mod is enabled. That means either Loot is wrong and it's not enabled in the Vortex plugins, or Vortex is not working for some reason. It's better to check at the source, which is why I asked for a screenshot from the plugins tab. Adding in another application at this stage just complicates the troubleshooting.

If you're sure the required plugins are enabled in the vortex plugins, then it's some issue with your install of vortex.

Hello, I use v.4.3 of the mod and will not be able to update to the latest version of the mod because many of my mods still rely on v.4.3 of the mod.

My problem is this; my game tells me that my "DeviousDevices.dll" is now incompatible. Can I safely overwrite said file with the same file from v.5.0 without issues?

17 minutes ago, lightspeed77 said:

and some dont even have a chain...is this a common issue that has an answer?

Answer is HDT SMP - it's not work with chains correctly.

If you have ankle chains you can save game, when chains are on, exit to windows, then start skyrim again, load a save and chains will work. Until next load.

8 hours ago, Coalstorm said:

Hello, I use v.4.3 of the mod and will not be able to update to the latest version of the mod because many of my mods still rely on v.4.3 of the mod.

My problem is this; my game tells me that my "DeviousDevices.dll" is now incompatible. Can I safely overwrite said file with the same file from v.5.0 without issues?

It's the same DLL used when you select 'none' in the 4.3 installer. Seems a bit much to download 5.0 just to install the same DLL, but yes, you could.

7 hours ago, lightspeed77 said:

hey all, i have an issue with chains on the shackles....they seem stiff when they appear, and some dont even have a chain...is this a common issue that has an answer?

Chains not moving means you don't have HDT SMP working.

Chains missing means you most likely built the 'nohdt' option in bodyslide.

On 2/2/2021 at 1:05 PM, sloft99 said:

I once tried running nemesis, but i uninstalled it, after it didnt work. And i wouldnt know, if i have an ancient DD patch, but i cant even reach the configure FNIS Patches part, i just get an error, so it isnt configured.

@Elsidia the "HKX File compatibility check skyrim/SSE - see FNIS description" showed no error and i can confirm, that there shouldnt be a conflict with TKDodge and cover self animation, because i tried running DD on a clean install of skyrim and DD and  requirments only, which didnt work.

I'm late to this I'm sure. I had the same issue with the arm binders. I found it was an issue trying to use CBBE 3BA physics. Toggle off the physics and it works like a charm.

On 2/6/2021 at 5:08 AM, zarantha said:

In outfit studio.

If they're getting sucked into the body, that could just be the wrong bone weights. add a reference shape, select the rings, and then copy bone weights. when done, delete the body again and save the project, then build them again in bodyslide.

if the rings are inside the reference shape when you add them, you'll have to use the move tool to move them out - circle with four arrows in the corner on the tool bar, or press F.

Sadly this is gibberish to me. I am not someone who understands how to use outfit studio. I can build my UUNP pre-set and build outfits to match in bodyslide but that's as far as i have ever got. The issue with piercings effects two out of the three sets that i see listed. The iron rings and the nipple clamps. The soul gem piercings work fine with my pre-set. I don't know if it is significant but i noticed that the soul gem piercings have an HDT and non HDT option whereas the rings and clamps do not. Since i use a special body for jiggle, i wonder if that could be what is missiing from the rings and clamps?