Jump to content
Kimy

Devious Devices SE 5.1 (2021-03-24)

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Kaotik said:

Was directed to this thread to ask for help on this issue with Laura's Bondage shop

 

 

So, my game does exactly this, but I have HDT-SMP installed which is supposed to be the SSE equivalent of HDT Physics Extensions? Any ideas what could be the issue?

Is your HDT SMP up to date?
I'm using https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30872

 

Are you using JoP? We have had reports of CTDs with chains with this installed.

 

If you install ddhotfixes, do you still see the CTD? (this will replace prisoner chains with a different, non HDT model)

DD Hotfix: https://mega.nz/#!SRJmRagK!tj91HO0PWKoW0KocrfKkI3IZQPxTzvRr4eoMSBfjEcs

Link to post

first off, a very very big THANK YOU for this list. it's exactly what i was looking, and i am sure this list will also help others in the future, so thank you again for your time and effort in putting this list together.

 

 

14 hours ago, zarantha said:

Only Kimy can update the mod description and files to add the patches or not, she still owns/controls the project, including the DD conversion to SE. A new download page that consolidates fixes is possible, but would depend on Kimy. I tend to think that falls under the 'redistributing files' permissions, which is not allowed. We have been doing patches and workarounds based solely on her good will, and she has final say on the patching. Keeping them in this thread gives her a good chance to see to what we're doing. I'd prefer seeing how much is fixed on the next release before taking the step on creating a patch page.

 

 

and while i do understand about the whole ownership and redistributing thing, from a user's perspective (and a retired QA lol), having an updated list of fixes posted with the primary information post would make sense, or at least having a visual repository of these fixes to make it easier to access and troubleshoot issues, would, at best, be not only beneficial for users, but also convenient as it would save someone from searching all over the place and then asking "is this still valid".

 

yes Kimy would also benefit as you mentioned, as being able to see the fixes, knowing what can be and should be updated / fixed, what users have issues with, is always helpful, and again, having it all in one place, benefits Kimy as well in the long run.

 

i am hoping Kimy will be able to see it this way as well, and maybe provide a suggestion on some type of solution, whether it be adding a link to your post on troubleshooting/fixes in the main post of the thread, or pasting your full post, or creating another thread for fixes, i don't know, whichever would work best for both Kimy and other users, i'd assume.

 

but for now, i appreciate this list, and i know it will help me tremendously :)

Link to post

in the DD meshes folder, there is a "nosering", but when i look up the DD inventories (additmenu) ingame, i cannot find this norering at all. how do i access / get this nosering, or does it exist ?

 

(i also have some very specific questions about bodyslide grouping in DD, and how to edit them to my liking, am i able to message anyone directly as to not spam this thread since it isn't technically support?)

Link to post

MEGA can be a real PITA sometimes. I don't get any errors but the download doesn't want to start even with the desktop app and a PRO LITE account. I've tried downloading from the browser and restarted my PC but to no avail. A nopy.to mirror would be greatly appreciated!

Link to post
On 7/21/2020 at 3:30 PM, zarantha said:

 

-snip-

-snip-

 

I was having what I now know to be the iEquip issue. Preliminary report is that the LE patch is working. I followed the steps to install it then reactivated iequip configured it to my liking, set cursed loot to 100% opened a chest 4 items got successfully equipped on me. Will post if issues crop up but so far seems to be working fine.

 

Thank you for the post.

Link to post

Hey, I'm abit new when it comes to these sort of mods, and well, I've found that the mod mostly works, its just that the gags seem to not fit.. or atleast the mouthes won't open for the gag and it comes out looking weird.
 

82A4D5F6C2CA6C4B192F3F0BFA0BF2DA391743D9

Link to post
16 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

in the DD meshes folder, there is a "nosering", but when i look up the DD inventories (additmenu) ingame, i cannot find this norering at all. how do i access / get this nosering, or does it exist ?

 

(i also have some very specific questions about bodyslide grouping in DD, and how to edit them to my liking, am i able to message anyone directly as to not spam this thread since it isn't technically support?)

I don't ever recall the nose ring being an inventory item. The only nose ring I see is a ground object, so there's nothing for the wearable. Probably something included from the heretic resource pack that was never used.

 

For bodyslide grouping, what you probably want to do is create a new group and add everything you want.

Try starting here: https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/wiki/Group-Manager

Link to post
10 minutes ago, ZeeKusa said:

Hey, I'm abit new when it comes to these sort of mods, and well, I've found that the mod mostly works, its just that the gags seem to not fit.. or atleast the mouthes won't open for the gag and it comes out looking weird.
 

82A4D5F6C2CA6C4B192F3F0BFA0BF2DA391743D9

Did you try looking a few posts up?

 

On 7/21/2020 at 6:30 PM, zarantha said:

Required' for specific issues with DD 4.3 AIO. Apply only the fixes you need, not everything.

 

Link to post
5 hours ago, zarantha said:

I don't ever recall the nose ring being an inventory item. The only nose ring I see is a ground object, so there's nothing for the wearable. Probably something included from the heretic resource pack that was never used.

it is in the heretic meshes folder i believe, but a shame. would be nice to have a DD nose ring, since we seem to have every other piercing type anyway. (insert shameless pleasing plug to Kimy here lol)

 

5 hours ago, zarantha said:

For bodyslide grouping, what you probably want to do is create a new group and add everything you want.

Try starting here: https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/wiki/Group-Manager

 

yes, i have that link, but my questions go WAYYYYYY beyond this (and actually any tutorial i have seen on youtube or in forums). i did manage to find 2 excellent vids that answers some questions, but i have other ones more directed towards the file types / XML file content in groupings, more to be able to customize the DD groups in bodyslide (and other mods once i figure this stuff out). well, if i can find someone to ask these questions to privately, might be best to carry it there instead of here, but when i have my answers, i may post back here how to customize these things easily. gotta find someone first lol.

 

 

Link to post
On 7/21/2020 at 11:16 PM, zarantha said:

Is your HDT SMP up to date?
I'm using https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30872

 

Are you using JoP? We have had reports of CTDs with chains with this installed.

 

If you install ddhotfixes, do you still see the CTD? (this will replace prisoner chains with a different, non HDT model)

DD Hotfix: https://mega.nz/#!SRJmRagK!tj91HO0PWKoW0KocrfKkI3IZQPxTzvRr4eoMSBfjEcs

I'm indeed using JoP, could be the reason then.

I've installed DDHotfixes now, haven't tried that particular quest yet, new game, but faced another issue: can't equip stuff because of missing netimmerse, is installing the oldrim-version without skse-stuff still the solution?

Link to post

@Kimy is there any chance you can insert a link to zarantha's post on patches/fixes under the "Troubleshooting" section of the main post on page 1 of this thread please and thank you ?

 

Also, i found out a few days ago, that Papyrus Utilities is a "requirement" for DD to run. yet it isn't listed on the requirements. i found out because i installed the latest version of Simply Knock, and when i loaded my game, i started getting an insane amounts of messages about PU being a lower version than DD requires to run and DD is shutting down, had many other mods give the same messages. i didn't realize that SK had it's own version of PU. this was easily rectified by hiding the PU file of the SK mod in MO2. after i did that, no more DD messages and everything was fine. but kind of scary to think that, if any other MOD has it's own version of PU as well, and that this version is lower than the version needed for DD, that this could happen again. anyway, just wanted to share the heads up, in case it wasn't a known thing.

Link to post

Hi, everyone. I can't download the mod archive. The download link sends me to Mega.nz, file tries to start downloading, pulls up an error and so I can't download it. Anyone has a mirror, a backup archive or something? What do I do?

Link to post
On 7/21/2020 at 11:08 PM, zarantha said:

Use the mega link from the download page linked on the first post, not the post you're looking at. The download page has the most up to date aio at this point.

 

Although, the reminder that the aio includes the hdt smp files is good, i was drawing a blank on that.

The link on the first post leads to a dead end. Download doesn't start. Any other links, mirrors or, maybe, backup archives?

Link to post
6 hours ago, YojimboRatchet said:

Also, i found out a few days ago, that Papyrus Utilities is a "requirement" for DD to run. yet it isn't listed on the requirements. i found out because i installed the latest version of Simply Knock, and when i loaded my game, i started getting an insane amounts of messages about PU being a lower version than DD requires to run and DD is shutting down, had many other mods give the same messages. i didn't realize that SK had it's own version of PU. this was easily rectified by hiding the PU file of the SK mod in MO2. after i did that, no more DD messages and everything was fine. but kind of scary to think that, if any other MOD has it's own version of PU as well, and that this version is lower than the version needed for DD, that this could happen again. anyway, just wanted to share the heads up, in case it wasn't a known thing.

DD requires PU as much as it requires Sexlab, which includes a much more recent version of PU than Simply Knock.

 

Hiding the SK version of PU was a good idea. But as you have PU installed as a standalone mod, all you have to do to avoid this for good is place PU standalone near the end in your left panel. So nothing overwrites your standalone PU with previous/outdated versions.

 

---------

 

I've checked the link in the download page like 3 times this week and seems to be working fine.

2354111.png.a7f79a04adfd0ffd005e708d972e8e7a.png

 

But an additional source would be good either way. Mega usually limits downloads to 1GB or 1.5GB each 6 hours which might delay a re-install/update a lot.

Link to post
1 hour ago, dontknowdontcaredontask said:

Hiding the SK version of PU was a good idea

yeah, it was. learned this trick not long ago, very useful. i wonder who it was that showed it to me 😜

 

(we'll talk though about the other suggestion on PU in the "other" thread lol)

 

EDIT: ok i dont' get this, it just dawned on me on the PU issue. i never had PU before, i only installed it like 2 weeks ago because of a mod i wanted to try. i've been running DD without issue or having PU installed since May. so it begs the question, where the hell did this come on and why ? i can't see any PU scripts running in the DD folder, so why did i get that message and why did DD stop running once i did get that message ??

Link to post
34 minutes ago, YojimboRatchet said:

so it begs the question, where the hell did this come on and why ? i can't see any PU scripts running in the DD folder, so why did i get that message and why did DD stop running once i did get that message ??

It's included in Sexlab Framework. DD requires x version of Sexlab, so it's assumed that you'll have x version of PU. Simply Knock has an outdated one included and was overwriting your standalone PU and the version included in Sexlab.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...