What are you doing right now in Skyrim (Screenshot required)

I'm looking at the result of installing my first ENB (Tetrachromatic). Not impressed - too bright by day and too dark by night. No idea as to what I tweak. It's a lot brighter in-game, thoe road stones are near white. I'm in the Rift near Shore's Stone for reference.

516283801_enb2018_05_3119_44_53_08.thumb.jpg.5274fe9932e8bdf5c6295ffe0812bf64.jpg

Any tips welcome.

Defeated the Whistling King and cleared the Boiling Foundry. Fun quest: almost reminded of one of those old N64 action-adventure games except without the terrible camera angles ?:

1055870463_bandicam2018-05-3115-07-23-710.thumb.png.6dce96e1ec6209aa3914bb815c0d5fb6.png

Not a good place to be stuck with DD cursed piercings though. Ended up getting screwed over on a few of the Foundry's obstacle courses when the blasted piercings started vibrating. Thus leaving my character stopping in the middle of a bunch of moving gears & pistons to fondle herself or collapse into a full blown orgasm. Llavdos picked a real winner for his surface world champion?

The now removed ENB was responsible for the armour colour but I don't know where his face has come from. I though it was only males in armour who were affected but old Falk wear clothing and the blacksmiths seem to be all vanilla-ised. Tried reinstalling Better Males this arvo but nothing changed.

1856261796_enb2018_05_3120_13_24_81.thumb.jpg.1999df72b4edb3d9f2ead16645d8a18f.jpg

Doing a compare and contrast.

Here's a shot from a similar spot to the one above with the ENB. This is no ENB. It was brighter in the game, I think the low angle has made it darker than it was. For reference, the Three Sentinels are just round the bend ahead in both shots.

513193606_enb2018_05_3123_05_42_73.thumb.jpg.3caf5e5b8e35f7784e1761aec81ed1fa.jpg

Finally fixed the #%@! water:

5855560_bandicam2018-05-3123-54-33-915.thumb.png.f897230bdbccb691c4e526203bcbe169.png

You wouldn't believe the time I spent trying to make the underwater areas not look like a solid green blur. Mods, tweaks, ENB shaders, still solid green. Got so tired of having to type teofis in the console.... wait what? I just had to set bDoDepthOfField in SkyrimPref.ini to 0? Duhhhh... seriously? Motherfu-?

@GreyCloud did you install the right preset for your prefered weather mod? If you've installed a fresh weather mod, then wait indoors for 24h or change the weather to one of your weather mods' manually.

Tetrachromatic was extremely colourful if I remember correctly. Maybe it's just the time of day that was super bright to simulate something like a glaring mid-day sun?

So I encountered one of the those really annoying traveling nobles on the road and decided to use my succubus lure powers on him. Turned out he was gay so lucky for him, lol. His bodyguard on the other hand:

248099388_bandicam2018-06-0104-16-30-996.thumb.png.c5359249dbc11075bd67a35e26c45866.png

Guess the noble is finishing his little trip alone, being I just donated his guard's life and soul to Cold Harbor. He doesn't look too happy about it....

EDIT: Wow, no more than a short walk later I ran into that also annoying married noble couple that spend their entire time whining about trying to make it to that royal wedding in Solitude. I went ahead and helped them settle their martial strife for a brief moment... a pleasant moment of lustful bliss that would also be their last moment on this plane of existence:naughty::

1777559368_bandicam2018-06-0104-31-20-512.thumb.png.02d5632e251e79a1fef312b650cd79be.png

2 hours ago, Mdy said:

@GreyCloud did you install the right preset for your prefered weather mod? If you've installed a fresh weather mod, then wait indoors for 24h or change the weather to one of your weather mods' manually.

Tetrachromatic was extremely colourful if I remember correctly. Maybe it's just the time of day that was super bright to simulate something like a glaring mid-day sun?

Hi,

I don't use a weather mod so I just got the 'Heimdall' version which is the only version there anyway. Description page says there are three versions so that wasn't a good start. Only tried it because I was bored and had never bothered with an ENB before.

When I installed it I was at the turn off for Mzulft and it was just before dusk. As the sun set it went from glaring to very dark and the shadows were too abrupt - either you were the light or the dark. The day and night skies looked better but so what?

I found Tetrachromatic bright as fuck too, I dropped it after less than five minutes of pottering around whiterun hold. Rudy is generally my go-to enb just because of the performance but I got tired of not been able to see a bloody thing at night so I started derping around for a new one.

Currently usin' Rya: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/90473

's got the right mix of Interior/exterior goodness and I can actually travel at night without running off every cliff and into every tree/troll/dragon/hagravencamp, it supports damned near every newland/quest mod I've got installed and it's performance is pretty much the same as rudy, damned near no FPS drop. :3

The Imperial's pet Reikling seems to have gotten bored and wandered off somewhere so I hired a Bosmer archer from the crossroads instead.

image.png

He seems to have learnt his trade in the XCom school of shooting though, missing 98% chances to hit on targets less than a foot away, or worse, missing a target that is less than a foot away and hitting my horse instead. Thus, the search for a suitable manservant continues. I did have him cuckold Vantus Lorius though after the farmer sassed me over Cicero.

image.png

Currently in Dawnstar, bopping the local miners before I continue on to windhelm to find the brotherhood.

image.png

Nimhe, the Poisoned One

no need for content warning, you've read the quest title guys

Well, arrived at Markarth to visit the museum

PZSFcbTf_o.png

which was closed -.- "Ha! Spiders..." I laughed and were on my way

TP37CWlH_o.png

Spoiler

gj with your poison, Nimhe ?

while using Unpaused Game Menu and Potion Animated Fix to make such situations harder.

G0D05CUb_o.png

Tried relaxing in the Reach, gathering Juniper Berries, ordering Orsimer armour pieces and tending some swellings...

JK6EpfOd_o.png

Found a helping hand in The Hag's Cure, but had to wonder why I should hand the leftover ingredience to the owner.
Maybe that's the old woman's way to fight for her forsworn via keeping up a spider plaque?

r2FQXoDA_o.png

12 hours ago, Mdy said:

Well if you'd like to have subtle colours and high visibility without any weather mods @GreyCloud, then I'd recommend Phinix Natural ENB, which is very close to the original look of Skyrim and True Vision ENB, which served me good for years.

12 hours ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

I found Tetrachromatic bright as fuck too, I dropped it after less than five minutes of pottering around whiterun hold. Rudy is generally my go-to enb just because of the performance but I got tired of not been able to see a bloody thing at night so I started derping around for a new one.

Currently usin' Rya: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/90473

's got the right mix of Interior/exterior goodness and I can actually travel at night without running off every cliff and into every tree/troll/dragon/hagravencamp, it supports damned near every newland/quest mod I've got installed and it's performance is pretty much the same as rudy, damned near no FPS drop. :3

Thanks for the suggestions guys but I'm not going to bother with an ENB.

Here's my non-ENB Kleppr and Calcelmo. They are naked because it is Skyrim and they just were when I got there. I use Relighting Skyrim which makes light come from actual light sources.

1101810208_enb2018_05_1222_07_45_18.thumb.jpg.a8c21ca4f9b0076aac6b4261236f5265.jpg

549562374_enb2018_05_2118_48_18_72.thumb.jpg.ef58086717b982ca3fda7772b35b6d53.jpg

1 hour ago, The First Lady of Hats said:

On route to the City of Thieve's, to either dominate or destroy the criminal underworld. (Leaning towards destroy because I really REALLY despise Maeven.)

Its a little buggy, but the mod Thieves Guild for Good Guys (which I probably linked and mentioned elsewhere, I'm redundant without a working memory) lets you talk back to Maven and spoil some of her plans, then blackmail her a little at the very end.

Course, as you've participated in the Dumbest Quest thread, you know what kind of drudgery is involved in that reward.

40 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

Its a little buggy, but the mod Thieves Guild for Good Guys (which I probably linked and mentioned elsewhere, I'm redundant without a working memory) lets you talk back to Maven and spoil some of her plans, then blackmail her a little at the very end.

Course, as you've participated in the Dumbest Quest thread, you know what kind of drudgery is involved in that reward.

Aye.

's currently a coin flip between murdering them all and thus loosing Sapphire ( and possibly even Ingrun) from the AA questline there, or finding someway to get rid of her later. Happily, I've already taken her horse :D

Also FFS NEXUS, Stop sending me to fucking SSE pages when I clearly clicked the fucking legendary edition in the search bar :3 :3 :3

22 hours ago, Tyrant99 said:

I learned that if my Toon gives the Headless Horseman head, he grows back his Head.

Does that fall into the job description "medical care"?

I'd guess so.. ;)

Traveling deep under the sea with nothing but a heavy diving helmet to protect me from the crushing pressure and lack of oxygen:

800949184_bandicam2018-06-0213-37-33-768.thumb.png.8ec4a31a6d4d63526d69da18f48a73ac.png

How does a diving helmet protect the rest of my body? Errrr... guess you'll have to add that to the list of why does my crossbow work underwater or why I was able to be so stealthy in Archeon's lab despite my glowing succubus wings and having a Lite-Bright strapped to my skull...

Oh goody, a bunch of tentacles are trying to spank me. Guess my sex slave can now add hentai work to her resume:

1497913229_bandicam2018-06-0214-07-39-173.thumb.png.5701467ececb131d9211709118408f75.png 

Thinking that I may have let that Grand High Muckety-Muck Matron Spriggan thing get a little too close.

Arrer in the knee? You wanna try a staff in the froat, mate.

562056652_enb2018_06_0220_20_21_09.thumb.jpg.27c15f56fe64fabaf76f01464d716f9b.jpg

Took about 7 weeks to kill the spriggan thing with firebolt and ice spike. I'd left the team in Falkreath knowing there were a lot of spriggans around here. Nothing worse that a spriggan turning your creatures against you.

Sylvania Mk V, by the way.

Oooohhhh.... trading off my crossbows and powder loading muskets for a steampunk bolt rifle. Sweet ?:

Spoiler

1991551135_bandicam2018-06-0221-42-30-400.thumb.png.44a08c2cf8f03040b4b7378240bb67be.png

Maybe now with this rifle as proof my slave masters will believe my story that I traveled to the deepest depths of Tamriel to help a lost colony of Sotha Sil's fabricants battle a nilhilistic Thalmor alchemist bent on destroying Nirn as we know. Or they'll just confisticate the rifle to sell it for asswipe money. Nah, think I'll keep that info to myself ?

Blasting some skeleton spiders to pieces with a lighting storm. Wishing I could get this damn blindfold off. Is it ever a bad time to throw a Palpatine style tantrum against an opponent?: (unless you're frying Darth Vader's son right in front of him of course)

1597338353_bandicam2018-06-0222-04-35-685.thumb.png.b96e171dce45b6905d2a89bf8fed7d40.png

Lull certainly has some scenic areas:

1970559824_bandicam2018-06-0222-09-14-274.thumb.png.7d61caea3329c7fa81ec680c755502da.png

7 hours ago, Mdy said:

Is The Wheels of Lull a rather crazy mod @MrEsturk or what Dragonborns would fit into that, like a Dunmer, Dwemer mechanic or mage?

Everything Trainwiz ever made is fucking crazy as hell.

I mean..really really crazy.

63083-1-1424833737.jpg

Don't get me started on Brhuce Hammar or the "train magic" xD

Fortunately everything Trainwiz makes is also fucking awesome. Wheels of Lull is still crazy, but it's "tame-crazy" compared to his other releases. It delves a lot into the towers theory (especially the Snow-throat obv.) and a great deal on Sotha Sil and his creations, so yea both a Dunmer or a mechanic/mage would fit it perfectly. it's well worth a playthrough. :]