About the arrears . . .

Maybe you could have a status page in the MCM?

You owe the company # more runs and $x in arrears

Total runs completed: 5                                       Total gross earnings  $3200 

Loss due to Damage/Pilfering  $3075                     Net earnings              $125           

Then maybe a playful message pertaining to your stats: "You'll never get out of debt at this rate" or "You are a glutton for pony punishment". If your stats are good, then of course the messages could be "You are the perfect picture of a pony girl", "The backer is going to add a gold star to your bridle"

3 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

A quick question for those that use the realistic needs mods: How does the mod detect when you've gotten proper sleep? Does it directly monitor the actual hours you've recently slept, or is it just a progressive debuff that gets removed whenever you acquire the Well Rested perk? I need to know because it will effect how I'll be setting up the eat&sleep cutscene in the followup update.

iNeed and RND both use the "sleep debt" system. For example, if you are very tired and sleep for only 4 hours, you'll wake up somewhat tired. Sleeping for another 4 hours would remove the debuff entirely.

5 hours ago, Rob_J said:

Did a new version of the cart signage that's a bit easier to read in game, the fancy chrome effect didn't look as good as a texture as I thought it would

SLUTS - Redux_Cart-1.zip

I really like the texture, but I find the cart just too small. It also trails behind the player a good 5 feet.

So I decided to at least put the texture to use if you don't mind.

EDIT: Finally got the stubborn thing to remap properly. Yay:blush::

5aed7939335ba_bandicam2018-05-0504-27-21-852.thumb.png.c2b0dae1421ebe0aa1251f708ea23d85.png

A little preview of the headache trying to alter the texture map so the normal cart would display the sign right:

Spoiler

How the texture original looked applied to the normal cart. Had to remapped so it wasn't smeared all over both sides:

5aed79b9ebaf4_bandicam2018-05-0504-30-17-965.thumb.png.89b42b7d0c5ada60e20c062e5362f9d3.png

What my early attempts to correct it looked like in Blender:

5aed7507244ae_bandicam2018-05-0504-06-56-054.thumb.png.c51b0c9f2ed75fad83d185b5c3ebda9e.png

What my work looked like when I tried to import the new texture map into the original model:classic_angry::

5aed750c8a67f_bandicam2018-05-0504-04-18-610.thumb.png.fc73859fb109e9abc8cdf420dfc9f9b6.png

For a minute I almost gave up and compromised on this bumper sticker style design:

5aed75004233e_bandicam2018-05-0504-05-40-816.thumb.png.ecff98e73623b2022348f9adef38ead8.png

24 minutes ago, acturia said:

I think it would be quite suitable if the cart hitched directly to the ponygirl's butt-plug with a single pole and some devious ironwork. Different effects could be applied from different speeds and jumping too.

Well that would require new HDT physics. Unfortunately I have neither the tools, original source files to the cart, or the modeling talent to do that.

As far as progress to the update goes I got the Devious Modeler outcome for the humilation system done. Just got to add in the debit outcome tommorrow (super easy). After that I'm going to add a few simple request MCM toggles and then release version 1.05.

One other thing: I slightly nerfed the distance based pay. Riften->Markarth now pays 1400 instead of 1500, which means a completely pilfered attempt at that run will still give you a debt of -100 instead breaking completely even.

2 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

I really like the texture, but I find the cart just too small. It also trails behind the player a good 5 feet.

So I decided to at least put the texture to use if you don't mind.

EDIT: Finally got the stubborn thing to remap properly. Yay:blush::

5aed7939335ba_bandicam2018-05-0504-27-21-852.thumb.png.c2b0dae1421ebe0aa1251f708ea23d85.png

A little preview of the headache trying to alter the texture map so the normal cart would display the sign right:

Hide contents

How the texture original looked applied to the normal cart. Had to remapped so it wasn't smeared all over both sides:

5aed79b9ebaf4_bandicam2018-05-0504-30-17-965.thumb.png.89b42b7d0c5ada60e20c062e5362f9d3.png

What my early attempts to correct it looked like in Blender:

5aed7507244ae_bandicam2018-05-0504-06-56-054.thumb.png.c51b0c9f2ed75fad83d185b5c3ebda9e.png

What my work looked like when I tried to import the new texture map into the original model:classic_angry::

Ahhh that's how you fix it properly, my solution was to duplicate the back of the cart and shrink it down then nudge it back a bit and put the texture on that, cause I had the exact same problem, didn't realise making the texture bigger was the solution. 

As for the cart size I was always annoyed by how huge and screen blocking the standard cart is and that it's floating up on that one peg, I haven't worked out how to pull the model apart in a program other than nifscope so have just been scaling parts and nudging them around, it's just maddening that bits are stuck to other random bits. I could stretch the front arms out to the original length again. I hated how far away the fork was from the character's sides, never seemed connected anyway. Wish there was a way to connect chains to the yolk somehow. 

12 hours ago, meister888888 said:

and make gold star really appear on bridle))

Could be you've earned a silver bell for being such a good pony. Then add the bell from pear devious plugs with sound that just so happens to attract bandits, to the yoke front where the chain is now

14 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

A quick question for those that use the realistic needs mods: How does the mod detect when you've gotten proper sleep? Does it directly monitor the actual hours you've recently slept, or is it just a progressive debuff that gets removed whenever you acquire the Well Rested perk? I need to know because it will effect how I'll be setting up the eat&sleep cutscene in the followup update.

user of Mini Needs perspective (advanced mode)

it tracks how long it has been since i last slept, and if time is over a certain length it adds a penalty (usually a debuff, but a buff is possible IIRC).

the penalty is removed upon sleeping (IIRC it does not check how long i have slept), but is not tied to the "well rested" perk.

p.s 1.05 sounds like its gonna be fun :smile: 

Ha, the bell would be fun even if it didn't attract bandits. Maybe the star could be attached to the yoke, and you could earn more stars and eventually have an 8 star pony girl, 4 on each arm of the yoke.

I've been thinking about the carts. I don't know what resources are available or even what size cart you're talking about, I'm not a modder. Maybe instead of pulling the small carts Pony Girl pushes them. I can't see how you could use a yoke with that but what about a Leash? Or Pony Girl isn't eligible for these small cart runs until she's completed 3 successful regular runs and has no arrears (a silver bell status pony)?

Btw, I like the new logo.

4 hours ago, Rob_J said:

Could be you've earned a silver bell for being such a good pony. Then add the bell from pear devious plugs with sound that just so happens to attract bandits, to the yoke front where the chain is now

Personally I'd have to say please no to using the actual pear bell item or its sounds in SLUTS.  I find that item to be a very good motivator to removing Devious Devices when it shows up in a mod like Cursed Loot, but I think it would drive me to distraction if it showed up as a SLUTS item where the main gameplay is running full out 90% of the time.  Going CLANG CLANG CLANG all the way from Riften to Markarth would not be a fun experience.

I do think the idea could be less distracting if the item was completely unique and had a unique sound set (jingle bells?) but that is a lot of custom sound work and modding.

3 minutes ago, Reesewow said:

Personally I'd have to say please no to using the actual pear bell item or its sounds in SLUTS.  I find that item to be a very good motivator to removing Devious Devices when it shows up in a mod like Cursed Loot, but I think it would drive me to distraction if it showed up as a SLUTS item where the main gameplay is running full out 90% of the time.  Going CLANG CLANG CLANG all the way from Riften to Markarth would not be a fun experience.

I do think the idea could be less distracting if the item was completely unique and had a unique sound set (jingle bells?) but that is a lot of custom sound work and modding.

I totally agree, that cowbell would cause an immediate uninstallation.  :tongue: Something high pitched and softer would be better, like jingle bells as he said, or the bell you put on a cat's collar to scare birds away. 

Looking forward to 1.5...

Well everything should be good to go for the updated release. Going to spend a few more hours tonight playtesting just to make sure.

Some screenshots of the final touches I added:

5aee648f5c07d_bandicam2018-05-0520-50-06-904.thumb.png.eb97eda451b10b15ac248723d90646ab.png5aee6ef4d81cb_bandicam2018-05-0521-51-46-477.thumb.png.95d1275fd152129446b89948347b3050.png5aee64ab15b7d_bandicam2018-05-0520-53-10-618.thumb.png.29566a7268a20851544e0d1b40a590d4.png

In summary 3 new MCM options have been added:

- All debt goes to Arrears: Makes all debt go immediately to arrears rather than being deducted from any available funds in your escrow first.

- Cart uses Marker: Makes the cart display a quest marker.

- Payments/Debt uses Messageboxes: Makes notifications about payment/debt use large message boxes that ask for confirmation, rather than small text in the upper left corner.

And also if you have Arrears any gold you pick up will be automatically deducted from it. So you now might have more motive to stop and search any bodies your follower (or your cart) create on the road :tongue:

7 minutes ago, Rob_J said:

what pet mod are you getting the buffs from?

I'm using Petcollar. I converted that mod into an esm file then applied its effects to most devious collars. Not the S.L.U.T.S. collar of course, since that would make it an unneeded dependency. But my character's Captured Dreams slave collar blocks other collars from being added and has the pet collar effect.

8 minutes ago, MrEsturk said:

I'm using Petcollar. I converted that mod into an esm file then applied its effects to most devious collars. Not the S.L.U.T.S. collar of course, since that would make it an unneeded dependency. But my character's Captured Dreams slave collar blocks other collars from being added and has the pet collar effect.

Wish I knew how to do this stuff, so far I can mess with dialog trees and adjust textures and a bit of messing with models in nifscope, wish I knew how to pull stuff into a better 3D program and then get it back in. Just cutting from one file to another has been annoying in nifscope. Oh speaking of messing with models I've been tweaking my smaller cart more and adjusted the arms much longer again so it doesn't hang back like it was. I think aesthetically it looks way too long but I have no idea why it wants to be that far back from you. As well as some cosmetic tweaks to try and hide the gaps better around the back. 

Just testing it at the moment will upload later today for those that like it. Something got messed up in the fork texture and I've been trying to fix it since last night, sometimes the textures just want to look horribly stretched no matter what you do.

Oh a couple mods that people might like since they are spending so much time on the road I recently added: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62735/ Immersive hold borders adds a shitload of gates and forts along the road with helpful / unhelpful guards depending what mods you use, good if you don't want to drag along a follower with you as a guard. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10180 Weathered Road Signs I found this much more prominent than Point the Way since they have more locations marked on every post which tends to be bigger and they either have their own lamp or are closer to one on the road so much easier to use on night runs. https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1052-devious-cidhna-may-5-2018/ Cidhna just added some Deviously Helpless functionality today so could ditch one ESP in the bargain. 

16 minutes ago, Rob_J said:

Oh a couple mods that people might like since they are spending so much time on the road I recently added: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62735/ Immersive hold borders adds a shitload of gates and forts along the road with helpful / unhelpful guards depending what mods you use, good if you don't want to drag along a follower with you as a guard. https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/10180 Weathered Road Signs I found this much more prominent than Point the Way since they have more locations marked on every post which tends to be bigger and they either have their own lamp or are closer to one on the road so much easier to use on night runs. https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/1052-devious-cidhna-may-5-2018/ Cidhna just added some Deviously Helpless functionality today so could ditch one ESP in the bargain. 

Interesting stuff. At some point I need to reverse engineer Moonlight Tales werewolf hunter spawn event and apply the idea to a configurable bandit spawn event that would sometimes happen while on the road. Unless you're in the Reach, in which case you'd get assaulted by Forsworn. If I get really carried away there might even be a random chance the bandits/forsworn don't immediately attack you, instead offering to let you go unraped and unscathed if you agree to letting them extract a "toll" on your cargo.

I'm in a bit of a rambling mood, so I think now would be a good time to bring up the 4 side quests I plan to add to the mod. All these quests have the following qualities:

- They are repeatable, but have a several day cooldown before you can repeat them.

- They can be taken voluntarily or as an alternative way to reduce your arrears.

- Not every dispatcher may offer them, though all 9 dispatchers will likely offer at least 1.

- They focus on delivery based objectives

But anyway here they are.

PONY OF WAR: The player is tasked with hauling cargo to a civil war camp's quartermaster (usually a moderately long haul, since the closest civil war camps to a hold tend to be hostile ones). You are also given an important classified document to deliver to the camp's captain, but don't worry: measures are taken to make sure that can not be pilfered. The pay is better than normal, but the real rewards are for those ponies will to do their patriotic duty and fully serve the war effort. (NOTE: If you take a side on the civil war rival side Dispatchers will not offer you this quest. Also since this quest is the one I have the most well planned out I won't likely be taking suggestions for it.)

PONY EXPRESS: Instead of a cart you are given a modified ponygirl set that includes an armbinder with a satchel of goods on it. You are tasked with making small deliveries to several NPCs in the local hold. The basic pay isn't very good, but your clients tend to offer tips if you are willing to offer a little extra service in one way or another. This quest covers the local delivery/passing out fliers idea.

ORC STRONGHOLD QUEST(Name suggestions?): I want to do some sort of quest involving delivering to the Orc Strongholds. If you have become an ally of course. My current idea is one longhaul run delivering to all 4 major Strongholds in one quest, but unlike Pony of War I don't have a lot of ideas for this and would love to hear suggestions for it.

THE LONG HAUL: There will probably only a few Dispatchers that offer this quest. It would be a massive multiple delivery quest that goes over a long route. My first planned route would be Whiterun->Falkreath->Solitude, with the goal being making deliveries to the many small towns, mills, and other minor friendly locations on that path. The pay is great, it will be an excuse to use an alternate cart model to represent the larger haul, but the stakes will be higher too. After all any one the pilfers you will be stealing from the goods of multiple delivery points.

2 hours ago, MrEsturk said:

ORC STRONGHOLD QUEST(Name suggestions?): I want to do some sort of quest involving delivering to the Orc Strongholds. If you have become an ally of course. My current idea is one longhaul run delivering to all 4 major Strongholds in one quest, but unlike Pony of War I don't have a lot of ideas for this and would love to hear suggestions for it.

How about "Strong Haul'ed"? Delivering a big and heavy load of (imperial) milk. FO4 reference ftw?