6 hours ago, Roggvir said:

Does this also suffer from the usual alignment issues due to collisions?

Generally no. It attaches actors to an invisible furniture. So, there is no moving them once locked in.

When the player is involved in an animation on the ground (not on a furniture) their rotation can currently be off in some circumstances. There is a fix for this. But, it causes the screen to fade black for a moment which is kind of ugly, imo. So, I've turned that off currently. I may reconsider or turn it into a toggle option later depending on feedback.

4 hours ago, Cbow120 said:

What does this framework mean for adult modding of fallout 4? cus the current state of it is pure shambles

I think it depends on if adult mod creators and animators choose to use it.

If they do, it will allow for an increasing number of animations to play and some new ways for mods to interact with them (through menus like 0Sex, dynamic group scenes where actors switch between partners and actions on their own, animation states that invoke other actors to "join" and create a new animation state). I plan on making some diagrams soon to better show how the features COULD be implemented. But, it will still be up to other modders to use the features if they want to. No guarantees that they will.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

Generally no. It attaches actors to an invisible furniture. So, there is no moving them once locked in.

When the player is involved in an animation on the ground (not on a furniture) their rotation can currently be off in some circumstances. There is a fix for this. But, it causes the screen to fade black for a moment which is kind of ugly, imo. So, I've turned that off currently. I may reconsider or turn it into a toggle option later depending on feedback.

I think it depends on if adult mod creators and animators choose to use it.

If they do, it will allow for an increasing number of animations to play and some new ways for mods to interact with them (through menus like 0Sex, dynamic group scenes where actors switch between partners and actions on their own, animation states that invoke other actors to "join" and create a new animation state). I plan on making some diagrams soon to better show how the features COULD be implemented. But, it will still be up to other modders to use the features if they want to. No guarantees that they will.

Awesome man thanks for the hard work, here's hoping some talented peeps make use of it and work wonders XD

Known Issues

“Launching” – Actors can sometimes launch into the air or onto roofs when animations are unlocking. Will work on this.

Hopefully, you're working on making actors launch faster and farther because a Fallout 4 animation loader that randomly launches actors onto rooftops is now a thing i want very much.

11 hours ago, dagobaking said:

So, in this particular regard it is no different than anything else out there, still suffering from alignment issues.

That is disapointing, i was hoping someone finally found a way to solve that problem :frown:

This is the only real cause why there ain't any good enough animation frameworks for F4 (or even Skyrim/SE, because no matter how gratefull we are/should be for SL, it still leaves a lot to be desired).

I do not want to discourage you, i hope you will succeed and don't get burned out me when i finished my project and couldn't find any fix for this problem.

I'd recommend to focus on solving this issue first, it really is the only thing that is preventing a real progress.

If you find a real, reliable solution, it will be the greatest achievement since the invention of the wheel.

16 hours ago, Arrow and the Knee said:

Love where this is going, is Vader666 aware this is a project in motion? His animation setup right now (as far as what I've read in his thread) is gated by FourPlay's stunted progress. Maybe this is what he's waiting for?

Thank you.

He is aware of the project. Not sure if he has seen that the alpha has been posted. He expressed concern about there being multiple frameworks. But, I'm hoping he comes around to seeing it as a win-win.

15 hours ago, Campbell said:

Going to test this. You said in the other thread that you already had it working with leito's animations, do i only need to have his 1.3 animation gun mod installed to be able to use them with the in-game wizard thing?

I have done internal testing with Leito's animations as a case study. But, he will need to release an update for AAF.

11 hours ago, gbhil said:

Hopefully, you're working on making actors launch faster and farther because a Fallout 4 animation loader that randomly launches actors onto rooftops is now a thing i want very much.

Good point. There is some realism there for those of us who have experienced interactions that were so incredible that they caused us to go flying onto roofs. It happens.

8 hours ago, Azurahawk said:

So does this stablize and fix majority of the animations? Is this like the Sexlab Framework off Skyrim?

As a framework, this doesn't fix animations directly. It's basically an animation organizer and player. It's not even really an adult mod by itself. It could be used for many non-adult contexts.

It does (or will) cover a lot of the same end functionality as Sexlab. But, there are a lot of differences too. Technically, it uses as little Papyrus as possible, putting most of the logic in Flash instead. Data related to animations and other configurable aspects are put into XML files. That is more like Wicked Whims for Sims 4.

Design-wise, it is intended to go a bit beyond the animation handling. In other words, in addition to handling ways to play animations from packs it has (or will have) some other related bells and whistles like UI displays, menus, statistics, etc. My reasoning for that broadening of scope for the framework is that there are some features that are much easier to make work well when they are directly integrated with the data. I can just as easily add those features already working as I can make a generic API for them and wait/wonder if someone else will make a mod extension that does it. The idea is to create the generic tools that were popularly installed together anyway in Skyrim so that other modders focus more on content creation and integration into Fallout rather than adding more tools, troubleshooting which tools work together, etc.

Some people may prefer a more narrow scope for the framework. I completely respect that too. There are definitely pros/cons in every direction. AAF is just my take that I hope others can make use of.

A side note: I'm looking at this mod as a long-term project. One advantage of using Flash for the coding is that, as long as Bethesda continues to use Scaleform for its UIs (no guarantees that they will but it seems to work for them), this mod should be largely transportable to the next versions of Skyrim and Fallout.

7 hours ago, Roggvir said:

So, in this particular regard it is no different than anything else out there, still suffering from alignment issues.

That is disapointing, i was hoping someone finally found a way to solve that problem :frown:

This is the only real cause why there ain't any good enough animation frameworks for F4 (or even Skyrim/SE, because no matter how gratefull we are/should be for SL, it still leaves a lot to be desired).

I do not want to discourage you, i hope you will succeed and don't get burned out me when i finished my project and couldn't find any fix for this problem.

I'd recommend to focus on solving this issue first, it really is the only thing that is preventing a real progress.

If you find a real, reliable solution, it will be the greatest achievement since the invention of the wheel.

I don't really follow? It is different in regard to alignment.

10 minutes ago, TheAfterLife said:

I have a feeling this is going to be fucking amazing! I hope you can consider implementing a feature that lets the player character use their own body mesh/textures instead of having a nudesuit equipped during animations!  

It always just uses whatever body mesh/textures are installed. No nudesuits.

There will be (already is actually) capability to control body morphs. For that to work, you will have to have bodies with those morphs installed. But, it's not a requirement to use that feature.

Are you seriously telling me similar purpose and technical strategy to CE0's Skyrim mod OSA!!!? God dam...

THANK YOU!!!! Since i noticed OSA, i can't stop thinking it, will it coming to Fallout 4. And now thanks to your effort, my dream may come true!!!

Just now, loen999 said:

Are you seriously telling me similar purpose and technical strategy to CE0's Skyrim mod OSA!!!? God dam...

THANK YOU!!!! Since i noticed OSA, i can't stop thinking it, will it coming to Fallout 4. And now thanks to your effort, my dream may come true!!!

Well. Hopefully. I am only the development side of things. An interested CE0-like animator will be needed to make the content side.

2 hours ago, NoJoker said:

I think this should be put in Adult section so it generates more attention!

It's tempting. I considered that. But, it's technically not an adult mod by itself. And I hope that it will get used for non-adult themes. So, I don't want to miscategorize it for additional traffic.

From animated drug deals, expanded vanilla romance to square-dancing, there are a lot of things it could be used for. Modders won't realize that if it is known as an adult mod.

I think that if/when adult animation packs are posted, those will be in the adult section and will properly generate that "adult traffic".

So i took the time to read through some of this thread and I'd like to ask, would this mod potentially require some sort of instance controller in the future to have animations run on specific instances? 

For example, this mod would require some sort of "Fallout 4 Sex 'em Up" mod to run in dialogue instances?