50 minutes ago, Arrow and the Knee said:

So i took the time to read through some of this thread and I'd like to ask, would this mod potentially require some sort of instance controller in the future to have animations run on specific instances? 

For example, this mod would require some sort of "Fallout 4 Sex 'em Up" mod to run in dialogue instances?

Am I correct in understanding that by instances you mean dialogue scenes?

If so, the API currently has a "QuickScene" function that is roughly equivalent to the start function for FourPlay. So, you can start scenes through that the same way.

That said, automatically running furniture animations isn't yet tied into QuickScene (that only works through the wizard right now). It won't take much to do that. But, there hasn't been an urgency yet since there are no furniture animations. :smile: Just the ones that I made for testing.

If you install the 4P Proxy add-on, any mod that runs 4P scenes should run them through AAF instead. But, I have not tested that much directly myself and haven't heard much feedback about it yet.

Let me know if I misunderstood your question!

40 minutes ago, Campbell said:

Does AFF currently support switching bodies for leito's animations? I tried leito's xml files, but the male doesn't use the correct body type during the animation.

Do you mean that the male runs the female animations? I am just now learning that Leito posted the XML files. So, will take a look soon.

Posted a new build. It has the foundations in for the UI overlays. The graphics and layout that are there now are placeholders while I focus on development.

I will eventually re-do the menus/layouts. And the icons for male/female will be moddable if others want to change those out.

17 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Do you mean that the male runs the female animations? I am just now learning that Leito posted the XML files. So, will take a look soon.

No, Leito's animations require three male bodies with different dick positions, up, down, and straight. When playing the animations using AAF the male stays flaccid.

53 minutes ago, Campbell said:

No, Leito's animations require three male bodies with different dick positions, up, down, and straight. When playing the animations using AAF the male stays flaccid.

Ah. Got it. I plan on addressing that with morph sliders in the near future.

51 minutes ago, newuser42 said:

Hey dagobaking 

Got your support on patreon; hope u continue to do fine work

Thank you! Full steam ahead.

Got a bit of a troubleshooting question for you. For whatever reason, it all seems to be working alright (wizard in working order at least, and it seems like it's trying to work with the FP mods I've got installed), but no animations ever started. When I turned on the debug mode, I got the warning saying "no transition data found in the /Data/AAF folder." Any ideas why that's missing? I thought it was just improper download/installation, but after downloading v14 and freshly installing it, it's still saying I'm missing that data.

Thanks for making this mod! Great to see a new framework on the scene.

For some reason, my female character shows up as a male in your menu as of V14 (didn't happen in v8) https://i.imgur.com/YdTxx1u.png

Also, back in version 8 I had a strange issue I'm not sure if it's fixed yet or not but here's the story of how I triggered it:

Museum of Freedom, just met Preston, I go out on the roof but decide I'll go back inside and test AAF on Sturges/Jun Long

Tried Sturges, stood there for about 2 minutes nothing happened, no undressing or teleporting. So I open the wizard and choose Jun Long to try again. This time both characters undress but don't do anything besides their idle anims.

I give up and go do the raider/deathclaw stuff outside, finish up go back inside to talk to Preston, walk outside with the group. Then I try to fast travel back to Sanctuary, after the longest load time ever, I'm now back in the office upstairs in the museum of freedom, doing the animation I chose for Sturges but he's not there. I wait for the animation to end and I go to open the door. The open option is greyed out. I can't open my pip boy. I can melee attack and move but that's it. Tc command didn't fix it either.

So I then loaded up an old save, and still couldn't interact or open anything. Had to close FO4 to desktop and relaunch.

Lesson learned is to save before initiating an animation lol.

All is well now except for the whole me showing up a male thing.

1 hour ago, thisismyusername said:

Got a bit of a troubleshooting question for you. For whatever reason, it all seems to be working alright (wizard in working order at least, and it seems like it's trying to work with the FP mods I've got installed), but no animations ever started. When I turned on the debug mode, I got the warning saying "no transition data found in the /Data/AAF folder." Any ideas why that's missing? I thought it was just improper download/installation, but after downloading v14 and freshly installing it, it's still saying I'm missing that data.

That is a harmless warning. It works fine without transition animations installed. I'm thinking of taking that warning out to avoid confusion.

Can you please let me know which FP mods are not triggering animations? Maybe if I can reproduce the issue, I can fix.

29 minutes ago, lucilleball said:

Thanks for making this mod! Great to see a new framework on the scene.

For some reason, my female character shows up as a male in your menu as of V14 (didn't happen in v8) https://i.imgur.com/YdTxx1u.png

Also, back in version 8 I had a strange issue I'm not sure if it's fixed yet or not but here's the story of how I triggered it:

Museum of Freedom, just met Preston, I go out on the roof but decide I'll go back inside and test AAF on Sturges/Jun Long

Tried Sturges, stood there for about 2 minutes nothing happened, no undressing or teleporting. So I open the wizard and choose Jun Long to try again. This time both characters undress but don't do anything besides their idle anims.

I give up and go do the raider/deathclaw stuff outside, finish up go back inside to talk to Preston, walk outside with the group. Then I try to fast travel back to Sanctuary, after the longest load time ever, I'm now back in the office upstairs in the museum of freedom, doing the animation I chose for Sturges but he's not there. I wait for the animation to end and I go to open the door. The open option is greyed out. I can't open my pip boy. I can melee attack and move but that's it. Tc command didn't fix it either.

So I then loaded up an old save, and still couldn't interact or open anything. Had to close FO4 to desktop and relaunch.

Lesson learned is to save before initiating an animation lol.

All is well now except for the whole me showing up a male thing.

Thank you for the detailed information. That helps. And I apologize for the inconvenience.

I believe in V8 it did not yet have time-outs for failed walking/lock operations. So, changing cells must have done something to trigger the package actions at weird times.

Now, it starts timers during key operations and trys to at least gracefully reset everything if something breaks. But, it's hard for me to test how well that works because I don't know the areas/ways that break it. If you can detail out any circumstances that reliably break it, that would be very helpful.

As far as your character showing up as male, what kinds of mods are you running that affect the player character (like Unique Player)? If I can figure out how to reproduce that situation, I should be able to strengthen the code to fix.

Following up on reports of alignment issues:

I was able to make a good improvement on syncing (the timing of paired animations matching correctly). Will post that tomorrow.

But, finding a reliable alignment solution for the player has been more difficult. This is frustrating because I actually had a process worked out that worked on players and NPC very consistently. But, something happened around the 1.10.82 update that caused it to stop working for the player. Still works great for NPC actors.

Anyway, will hammer away at testing different approaches. Ideally, something reliable materializes. If not, we'll have to pick the lesser of evils.

7 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Am I correct in understanding that by instances you mean dialogue scenes?

If so, the API currently has a "QuickScene" function that is roughly equivalent to the start function for FourPlay. So, you can start scenes through that the same way.

That said, automatically running furniture animations isn't yet tied into QuickScene (that only works through the wizard right now). It won't take much to do that. But, there hasn't been an urgency yet since there are no furniture animations. :smile: Just the ones that I made for testing.

If you install the 4P Proxy add-on, any mod that runs 4P scenes should run them through AAF instead. But, I have not tested that much directly myself and haven't heard much feedback about it yet.

Let me know if I misunderstood your question!

Hey,
So let's say I want to use creation kit to create a dialogue which then starts a scene through your mod, is the way to do it detailed in one of your guides ? I haven't found it yet

Hi dagobaking,

unfortunatley I cant get it to work. Having AAF installed does not much on its own, rigt? Adding the proxy (replacement for fourplay.esp) breaks everything. No animations get played anymore. Using the AAF wizard does not start anything either. THe only thing ever happening wa that the player undressed armour at slot 33 (not everything but just that armor piece) and freecam kicked in leaving the player uncontrollable.

I havbe several FP mods like SexEMUP, RSE and MagnoCumGauidio but none of them start anything with the proxy enabled. Removing the Proxy lets thjem get to work again but then I guess AAF is not used at all.

I really appreciate AAF new functions but i encounter some difficulties to make it working.

38 minutes ago, spamneindanke47110815 said:

No animations get played anymore

I made a try yesterday and it seems (need confirmation) if vinfamy community patch is installed, no animation (aaf+aaf proxy)

I  need to verify with new leito+aaf but with others mods like advanced autonomy there is no animations too.

I can confirm what Polistiro has written in his post above.

Tried to launch 4play animations (aaf+aaf proxy) via sex em up dialog and nothing happenz, the characters just stand around and do nothing.

Also I tried new game with the aaf proxy installed and then four play won't even load at all, even the chosing of animations from leito won't pop up.

Without the proxy everything loads up and works fine.

I guess there is a bug...

best regards

8 hours ago, UnnamedGuy said:

Hey,
So let's say I want to use creation kit to create a dialogue which then starts a scene through your mod, is the way to do it detailed in one of your guides ? I haven't found it yet

That is not detailed out in a guide yet. But, you can look at the source for AAF_API.psc. There is a function there called "QuickScene". That is the only current way to start a scene through Papyrus. Let me know if you have any questions about using that.

I plan on expanding the API a lot to give more access to features through Papyrus. Just haven't gotten to that yet.

5 hours ago, spamneindanke47110815 said:

Hi dagobaking,

unfortunatley I cant get it to work. Having AAF installed does not much on its own, rigt? Adding the proxy (replacement for fourplay.esp) breaks everything. No animations get played anymore. Using the AAF wizard does not start anything either. THe only thing ever happening wa that the player undressed armour at slot 33 (not everything but just that armor piece) and freecam kicked in leaving the player uncontrollable.

I havbe several FP mods like SexEMUP, RSE and MagnoCumGauidio but none of them start anything with the proxy enabled. Removing the Proxy lets thjem get to work again but then I guess AAF is not used at all.

Thank you for letting me know. I haven't been focused on the 4P proxy lately. So, some update I've done could be affecting it badly. I will test with SexEMUP and see about fixing.

When animations get run through Papyrus, a timer gets set. So, they should end on their own. But, you can also press the "end" key which should get you out of a stuck animation state if needed.

Also, you can turn the debug mode on in the settings file (AAF_settings.xml). That will show some detailed information on the screen when these kinds of quirks happen. If you can PM me a screenshot of that data it could help me figure out what is going wrong.

5 hours ago, Polistiro said:

I really appreciate AAF new functions but i encounter some difficulties to make it working.

I made a try yesterday and it seems (need confirmation) if vinfamy community patch is installed, no animation (aaf+aaf proxy)

I  need to verify with new leito+aaf but with others mods like advanced autonomy there is no animations too.

It sounds like another update I made broke the 4P Proxy. I haven't had that installed for the testing I've been doing lately. So, I will go back and work on that. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I will also think about ways to notify when things have been successfully installed so that you don't wonder whether it is installed correctly or not.

5 hours ago, Fallo87 said:

I can confirm what Polistiro has written in his post above.

Tried to launch 4play animations (aaf+aaf proxy) via sex em up dialog and nothing happenz, the characters just stand around and do nothing.

Also I tried new game with the aaf proxy installed and then four play won't even load at all, even the chosing of animations from leito won't pop up.

Without the proxy everything loads up and works fine.

I guess there is a bug...

best regards

Do you have both four play and the proxy installed? With the proxy, you should not have four play installed at all. And it will not ask about the animations from leito because it uses whatever animations are loaded through AAF instead.

downloded AAF_15 and Proxy_5b but every time i try staring an animation through the AAF menu it goes to black screen and then my character and npc dont animate. i only have leito and crazy's animations no other 4play mods. also i turned on debug mode and no errors

53 minutes ago, rufgt said:

downloded AAF_15 and Proxy_5b but every time i try staring an animation through the AAF menu it goes to black screen and then my character and npc dont animate. i only have leito and crazy's animations no other 4play mods. also i turned on debug mode and no errors

Hello rufgt.

Thank you for reporting this. I tested by downloading the same files posted myself and running them. But, I could not reproduce what you describe. The animations played for me as expected.

Not that I don't believe you. We just have to rule out the files first.

Did you add the extra line to Fallout4Custom.ini?

How are you installing the mods? (I use NMM)

18 hours ago, dagobaking said:

That is a harmless warning. It works fine without transition animations installed. I'm thinking of taking that warning out to avoid confusion.

Can you please let me know which FP mods are not triggering animations? Maybe if I can reproduce the issue, I can fix.

Thank you for the detailed information. That helps. And I apologize for the inconvenience.

I believe in V8 it did not yet have time-outs for failed walking/lock operations. So, changing cells must have done something to trigger the package actions at weird times.

Now, it starts timers during key operations and trys to at least gracefully reset everything if something breaks. But, it's hard for me to test how well that works because I don't know the areas/ways that break it. If you can detail out any circumstances that reliably break it, that would be very helpful.

As far as your character showing up as male, what kinds of mods are you running that affect the player character (like Unique Player)? If I can figure out how to reproduce that situation, I should be able to strengthen the code to fix.

Only mods which I use that affect PC are Animated Fannies and FPE. I use FP Nudesuits too, but they only do male stuff and my character is female. My load order didn't change from v8 (when it detected my gender properly) to v14 but it was however a new game. I'll try starting a new game tonight to see if it had something to do with initialization. Thanks for your reply m8!

3 minutes ago, lucilleball said:

Only mods which I use that affect PC are Animated Fannies and FPE. I use FP Nudesuits too, but they only do male stuff and my character is female. My load order didn't change from v8 (when it detected my gender properly) to v14 but it was however a new game. I'll try starting a new game tonight to see if it had something to do with initialization. Thanks for your reply m8!

Thank you for clarifying. I have always tested with a male player character. So, this is something I wouldn't have caught. I'll also start a new game with a female to see if it happens to me (and fix if so).

26 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Hello rufgt.

Thank you for reporting this. I tested by downloading the same files posted myself and running them. But, I could not reproduce what you describe. The animations played for me as expected.

Not that I don't believe you. We just have to rule out the files first.

Did you add the extra line to Fallout4Custom.ini?

How are you installing the mods? (I use NMM)

i install my mods through Nexus Mod Manager and i also added that line to Fallout4Custom.ini. to clarify, when i tried to start an animation it said something like "Gunner walking timed out" i ended the animation and tried again. this time, no error but no animation. also, after using the menu i cant bring up my pipboy anymore even when i reload my save. i'd have to exit the game and load it up again to get it working. Thanks for replying!

I'll keep an eye out on this, very promising and expands on the possibilities... it's good to see such a dedicated modder taking all the feedback in consideration and actually working hard on bettering their mod! Best of luck once again and i hope you get all the support to keep this going. 

6 minutes ago, rufgt said:

i install my mods through Nexus Mod Manager and i also added that line to Fallout4Custom.ini. to clarify, when i tried to start an animation it said something like "Gunner walking timed out" i ended the animation and tried again. this time, no error but no animation. also, after using the menu i cant bring up my pipboy anymore even when i reload my save. i'd have to exit the game and load it up again to get it working. Thanks for replying!

Ah. That helps. The second time you tried, there was probably latent code or a crash messing things up from the first try. The first crash may have been a circumstantial thing related to who you tried it on, their packages, etc.

Can you try again (the first people) and see if it shows more in the debug window on that glitch? If I can reproduce the bug I have more to go on to fix.

2 minutes ago, TheAfterLife said:

I'll keep an eye out on this, very promising and expands on the possibilities... it's good to see such a dedicated modder taking all the feedback in consideration and actually working hard on bettering their mod! Best of luck once again and i hope you get all the support to keep this going. 

Thank you for saying!

I will have to take breaks at times to deal with IRL matters. But, it's a fun chance to work with Flash again (which has become a legacy language these days).

1 hour ago, lucilleball said:

I'm pretty sure that I figure out what the issue is.

AAF loads in the player characters info when the game first starts. So, when you start a brand new game, you are the default male character. I believe the issue goes away if you save and reload the game (at a point after switching to female). Can you test?

Just now, dagobaking said:

I'm pretty sure that I figure out what the issue is.

AAF loads in the player characters info when the game first starts. So, when you start a brand new game, you are the default male character. I believe the issue goes away if you save and reload the game. Can you test?

Tested and confirmed. Entire game must be restarted should this issue ever arise. I actually just realized it myself when I went in-game. No biggies.

Tested an animation, black screen was quite long but when it did load it worked! The male actors don't have erections though, a suggestion I'd make is to add support for nudesuits. Or maybe you could make a suggestion for me? lol

Thanks again, loving this mod, the UI works great!