8 hours ago, dagobaking said:

Fixed it. (Will post updated build in a few minutes.)

It was a tricky one. I had to seek help from a modding jedi master. From there, it took re-writing code on about 30+ functions. BUT, it actually made the code better and uses an improved way to reference actors now.

Thank you for reporting the issue and packaging those files. That made it very easy to work on.

Yes, animations are working now. Thanks. But there's still one problem:

It seems that the AAF_MainQuestScript does not send an event "OnAnimationStart". At the beginning of the animation the function "OnCustomEvent" does not work.

At the end of the animation, the event "OnAnimationStop" is sent.

By the way, perhaps because of this, there are problems with FP-mods. 4P_proxy does not receive event "OnAnimationStart", and does not send the event - "animation_start".

5 hours ago, Polistiro said:

Sadly no evolution with v19. I made lot of tests but no strip / animation just quest marker on NPC but i think this quest marker work better because it is refreshed on new NPC faster.

Once proxy is activated there is no animation.

Ok. I will look into it.

2 hours ago, ignotum_virum said:

Yes, animations are working now. Thanks. But there's still one problem:

It seems that the AAF_MainQuestScript does not send an event "OnAnimationStart". At the beginning of the animation the function "OnCustomEvent" does not work.

At the end of the animation, the event "OnAnimationStop" is sent.

By the way, perhaps because of this, there are problems with FP-mods. 4P_proxy does not receive event "OnAnimationStart", and does not send the event - "animation_start".

Hm. That was working before. Some update that I've made may have broken it. I will get that working again.

I'm having some trouble using AAF with Magno CUM Gaudio (https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5253-magno-cum-gaudio-wear-and-tear-attributes-and-statistics/). I have AAF 19 and the Proxy 5b installed, but it doesn't seem to start animations after using any of the initiators from MCG. 

Prior to this, it was working fine with 4P. Installed AAF 13 with Proxy and didn't work. Tried over several versions of AAF and still didn't work. 

It would be wonderful if this was something that could be fixed on AAF's side. I've basically stopped playing because I'm tired of 4P's limitations. At the very least, you would know that there is someone having problems with this (if it wasn't reported already). Thanks.

39 minutes ago, novasatori said:

I'm having some trouble using AAF with Magno CUM Gaudio (https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/5253-magno-cum-gaudio-wear-and-tear-attributes-and-statistics/). I have AAF 19 and the Proxy 5b installed, but it doesn't seem to start animations after using any of the initiators from MCG. 

Prior to this, it was working fine with 4P. Installed AAF 13 with Proxy and didn't work. Tried over several versions of AAF and still didn't work. 

It would be wonderful if this was something that could be fixed on AAF's side. I've basically stopped playing because I'm tired of 4P's limitations. At the very least, you would know that there is someone having problems with this (if it wasn't reported already). Thanks.

Thank you for reporting the issue.

I will check it out. As a WIP Alpha, there are a lot of bugs to work out. I appreciate your patience while I knock them out as fast as I can.

I'm a little late to the party, but I jut tested this with Vinfamy's Mindless 1.2.  Actors are set correctly with the gun (it was just working before I installed AAF and updated Leito's pack), but the scene never starts.  I tried a few different actor combinations - player on NPC, NPC on NPC, player solo - no scene start.

In the log file, I noticed:

[ (00000014)].Actor.UnequipItem() - "<native>" Line ?
	[Holster (3C000800)].weaponholster.HandleItemUnequipped() - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\WeaponHolster.psc" Line 397
	[alias Player on quest Holster (3C000800)].WeaponHolsterPlayer.OnItemUnequipped() - "c:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\WeaponHolsterPlayer.psc" Line 14
[04/14/2018 - 08:39:52PM] error: Cannot call QuickScene() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[AAF_FourPlayProxyQuest (D9002679)].four_play:Main.four_play() - "C:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\four_play\Main.psc" Line 48

I have installed the AAF Proxy and DOF path, along with Leito's 1.4a.  I haven't done further testing outside of the Mindless gun (easiest way to get a scene going).  I did not have Leito's plugin active on the initial test.  In a subsequent test with Leito's plugin active, again no animation.

In using AAF's HOME hotkey menu to start a scene, the scene appears to enter a run state, and the actors walk toward each other, but just stand there for the scene's duration, then walk away.  Also, when setting up a scene with AAF's HOME hotkey, the on-screen menu is centered.  When the scene is running, it jumps to the right of the screen (presumably to not interfere viewing the running scene) but it clips off the side of the screen, but only what I can guess is about 1/3.

9 minutes ago, AWP3RATOR said:

I'm a little late to the party, but I jut tested this with Vinfamy's Mindless 1.2.  Actors are set correctly with the gun (it was just working before I installed AAF and updated Leito's pack), but the scene never starts.  I tried a few different actor combinations - player on NPC, NPC on NPC, player solo - no scene start.

In the log file, I noticed:

[ (00000014)].Actor.UnequipItem() - "<native>" Line ?
	[Holster (3C000800)].weaponholster.HandleItemUnequipped() - "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\WeaponHolster.psc" Line 397
	[alias Player on quest Holster (3C000800)].WeaponHolsterPlayer.OnItemUnequipped() - "c:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\WeaponHolsterPlayer.psc" Line 14
[04/14/2018 - 08:39:52PM] error: Cannot call QuickScene() on a None object, aborting function call
stack:
	[AAF_FourPlayProxyQuest (D9002679)].four_play:Main.four_play() - "C:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\four_play\Main.psc" Line 48

I have installed the AAF Proxy and DOF path, along with Leito's 1.4a.  I haven't done further testing outside of the Mindless gun (easiest way to get a scene going).  I did not have Leito's plugin active on the initial test.  In a subsequent test with Leito's plugin active, again no animation.

In using AAF's HOME hotkey menu to start a scene, the scene appears to enter a run state, and the actors walk toward each other, but just stand there for the scene's duration, then walk away.  Also, when setting up a scene with AAF's HOME hotkey, the on-screen menu is centered.  When the scene is running, it jumps to the right of the screen (presumably to not interfere viewing the running scene) but it clips off the side of the screen, but only what I can guess is about 1/3.

Thank you for reporting this and giving the additional information. I will work on fixing this.

18 minutes ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Also, when setting up a scene with AAF's HOME hotkey, the on-screen menu is centered.  When the scene is running, it jumps to the right of the screen (presumably to not interfere viewing the running scene) but it clips off the side of the screen, but only what I can guess is about 1/3.

The UI items that appear on the right are more like statistics for the scene. The menu is roughly centered while open but disappears once the scene starts.

It is programmed to position the UI on the right off of the right edge of the screen size. So, clipping shouldn't happen. Can you give more info about your screen situation? What size screen? Are you running Fallout in a window or full screen?

Just an F.Y.I.

I was preparing to load a new game tonight since several of my mods require it to properly function. Got the idea that I would try AAF through the FP Proxy using Leitos Animations and Sexual Harassment mod before scrapping this save. To my surprise everything worked very well. Alignment was great. Couple of things I noted however were that the males never became erect and only the first stage of the animation would play. Other than that, I would say you have a really great thing going here and I really, really, really look forward to seeing this fleshed out and integrated into my favorite mods such as RSE. Thanks for all you guys do.

2 hours ago, dagobaking said:

The UI items that appear on the right are more like statistics for the scene. The menu is roughly centered while open but disappears once the scene starts.

It is programmed to position the UI on the right off of the right edge of the screen size. So, clipping shouldn't happen. Can you give more info about your screen situation? What size screen? Are you running Fallout in a window or full screen?

Sure, I'm running FO4 in borderless windowed mode, 1920 x 1080.  Here is a screen of how it looks:

image.thumb.png.e50ab6f86f8f871c39f9769185938b2c.png

Interestingly now, I left the cell where I originally had installed the mod, Cabot House, now I'm in a world cell, at the Charles View Ampitheater - and the "fade to black" (loading screen) plays, where it did not before.  When it comes back, Preston (selected actor with my PC for the scene) just looks at me and walks away.

Here are the pertinent log excerpts:

Papyrus.0.log

Of note though, I'm running an extremely modified game.  I have 348 mods active, with 251 plugins active - though ~50 plungins are merged down.  None of the LL mods are merged and I have the following active:  (all newest versions)

FourPlay

Four Play Patch 2.6.1 (Vinfamy)

Four Play Patch F4SE Plugin v17 (jaam)

RSE 3.6.5

RSE DLC Patch

Leito Animations 1.4a (plugin disabled)

Crazy Animation (NMM Gun Version) (plugin disabled)

Animations by Crazy

DOF

Stap-On

Torture Devices

Devious Devices 2.0 Beta 1

F4SS

Sex Em up

Mindless 2.1

Diverse Bodies

Family Planning Enhanced

I may be running an edge case scenario, with so many mods - however, even stripping out everything but the bare necessities and running AAF in qasmoke with spawned NCPs, I get the same result with AAF v19.

Bare necessities:

F4SE

CBBE

LooksMenu

FourPlay

Four Play Patch 2.6.1 (Vinfamy)

Four Play Patch F4SE Plugin v17 (jaam)

Leito Animations 1.4a

I'm running MO2, so if you would like me to test a build and report defects, I can do that.  Alternatively, I can import a profile and run it standalone to verify the build.

22 minutes ago, AWP3RATOR said:

Sure, I'm running FO4 in borderless windowed mode, 1920 x 1080.  Here is a screen of how it looks:

image.thumb.png.e50ab6f86f8f871c39f9769185938b2c.png

Interestingly now, I left the cell where I originally had installed the mod, Cabot House, now I'm in a world cell, at the Charles View Ampitheater - and the "fade to black" (loading screen) plays, where it did not before.  When it comes back, Preston (selected actor with my PC for the scene) just looks at me and walks away.

Here are the pertinent log excerpts:

Papyrus.0.log

Of note though, I'm running an extremely modified game.  I have 348 mods active, with 251 plugins active - though ~50 plungins are merged down.  None of the LL mods are merged and I have the following active:  (all newest versions)

I may be running an edge case scenario, with so many mods - however, even stripping out everything but the bare necessities and running AAF in qasmoke with spawned NCPs, I get the same result with AAF v19.

Bare necessities:

I'm running MO2, so if you would like me to test a build and report defects, I can do that.  Alternatively, I can import a profile and run it standalone to verify the build.

Cool. The extra detail really helps.

I went through the log you posted. I fixed the clothing error that shows up there (will post fixed build tonight some time). The struct error looks like it is caused because the game is trying to restore data from save that was created with regular Four_Play. It says that those variables are being cleared which I think is preferrable to leaving them around. But, I also don't like log errors. So, I added the struct to 4P Proxy (will post update tonight also) that should correct that.

I was able to see the UI clipping like your screenshot as well. The command I am using in flash is being thrown off by another UI mod. I think it is because they are placing an object out of screen view (possibly as a strategy to toggle its visibility). The problem with that is that then my calls to get the screen size count the space that is now used off screen. I'll have to think of a workaround for that one... FWIW, I think that the mod causing that is MagnoCumGaudio? Or, possibly AutonomyEnhanced. I started testing both at same time...

For your bare bones testing, it looks like you are running it with regular four_play installed. Can you try it with that and the 4P patch uninstalled? I think that might interfere with things to leave it there. You should only need the 4P proxy installed for AAF to work.

I'm finding and knocking out little bugs that affect a mod here and there. So, eventually, I think I will strike the one that is blocking your case. I want this to work for users with 400 mods too.

Please look for the updated build tonight and let me know if that fixes for you.

1 hour ago, Olmech said:

Just an F.Y.I.

I was preparing to load a new game tonight since several of my mods require it to properly function. Got the idea that I would try AAF through the FP Proxy using Leitos Animations and Sexual Harassment mod before scrapping this save. To my surprise everything worked very well. Alignment was great. Couple of things I noted however were that the males never became erect and only the first stage of the animation would play. Other than that, I would say you have a really great thing going here and I really, really, really look forward to seeing this fleshed out and integrated into my favorite mods such as RSE. Thanks for all you guys do.

Thank you!

Multiple phase animations are not yet supported. But, will be soon.

Out of the box, AAF just uses whatever body is installed. So, if the male body isn't erect, AAF wont make it so. BUT, it does support morph control. If you install DOF and the DOF patch and Leito updates his XML to indicate the erection angles (he may have already made this update), then AAF will change the angles per instructions from the animation xml.

Getting there on integration. Surprised actually by how many bugs there are given the simple four_play API everything is going through. But, that's ok. Knocking them out steadily.

I don't know if you ever do animations, but if you do, where would you suggest to start? I've tried out 3ds Max 2015, but it was a little overwhelming. I'd like to know exactly where to start and not just be given all the tools to make them. I know it's not easy, but we all have to start somewhere, right? I'd really appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

Edit: I have a lot of time on my hands, so don't be afraid to throw too much! :smile:

52 minutes ago, DeathtoSlaanesh said:

Is "AAF_4P_Proxy_5b" also supporting original FourPlay s Functions? Like creampie to female, strap on auto equip, Player race checks something.

Many features are already covered. Some are covered but have to be implemented (ideally by the content authors). And a few haven't been built/tested yet.

32 minutes ago, rufgt said:

I don't know if you ever do animations, but if you do, where would you suggest to start? I've tried out 3ds Max 2015, but it was a little overwhelming. I'd like to know exactly where to start and not just be given all the tools to make them. I know it's not easy, but we all have to start somewhere, right? I'd really appreciate any help you can give me. Thanks!

Edit: I have a lot of time on my hands, so don't be afraid to throw too much! :smile:

My animation and 3D experience is pretty limited. But, I've gotten far enough to make test animations that work.

I can share what I know. But, lets start by figuring out what you already have/know. Have you downloaded ShadeAnimators kit? Have you followed Nightasy/Brainpoofs setup video?

29 minutes ago, DirtyDarkling said:

Hope soon that modders will update their mods to use AAF natively. Seems a lot of the bugs are having to do with FP proxy issues. Can’t wait for you to get into advancing the features of your framework. Keep up the great work!

Hah! That would make things a LOT easier and I could focus on fun things (new features) rather than bug fixes. But, I want to be mindful of the fact that a lot of modders have put a ton of work into 4P dependent mods. So, I think that the proxy working ends up being pretty important.

25 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Many features are already covered. Some are covered but have to be implemented (ideally by the content authors). And a few haven't been built/tested yet.

My animation and 3D experience is pretty limited. But, I've gotten far enough to make test animations that work.

I can share what I know. But, lets start by figuring out what you already have/know. Have you downloaded ShadeAnimators kit? Have you followed Nightasy/Brainpoofs setup video?

Hah! That would make things a LOT easier and I could focus on fun things (new features) rather than bug fixes. But, I want to be mindful of the fact that a lot of modders have put a ton of work into 4P dependent mods. So, I think that the proxy working ends up being pretty important.

I downloaded ShadeAnimator's kit a while ago, but I only got around to using 3ds Max and watching tutorials on how to use it. I've heard of many different tools, but I've never understood what they are used for. Never heard of Nightasy or Brainpoofs setup video. Should I start there? Also, I have the Creation Kit installed, though I'm guessing that's where I'd spend the least amount of time when making animations, right?

15 hours ago, ignotum_virum said:

This should work in build just posted.

8 hours ago, novasatori said:

I tried to test MCG. But, I am not familiar with the mod. So, am not sure how to try to start animations through its initiators. Can you please give me steps to follow to see what is broken/working?

As a side note, I did see that the "wear" widget is working with AAF. After an animation, that number went up. So, maybe it is fixed?

18 hours ago, Polistiro said:

Sadly no evolution with v19.

I tried to test Autonomy Extended (is that the right one?). But, I'm not too familiar with it. So, am not sure how to make something happen that shows it working with AAF or not. Can you please give me steps on how to make it do something that calls AAF?

50 minutes ago, rufgt said:

I downloaded ShadeAnimator's kit a while ago, but I only got around to using 3ds Max and watching tutorials on how to use it. I've heard of many different tools, but I've never understood what they are used for. Never heard of Nightasy or Brainpoofs setup video. Should I start there? Also, I have the Creation Kit installed, though I'm guessing that's where I'd spend the least amount of time when making animations, right?

Ok.

I think that you are better off focusing what you want to do in 3DSMax rather than trying to learn the tool in general first. I've heard some 3D veterans say the opposite. But, it's a very deep application. So, unless you think it might become a career, learning the whole tool is a huge investment.

You can just learn the steps needed to get from A to B to make Fallout animations much more quickly. Then branch out to more complicated things later if the need comes up.

I recommend the following steps:

1) Watch and do everything recommended in videos 1 through 8 here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCW8BYqMR7Ei21WahZciSqRATOEfjw8H6 . I think the videos are really well done, easy to follow. But, let me know if questions come up. (One note. Use 3DSMax 2015 rather than 2016.) [You could skip video 3 and 6 as they are more relevant to outfit creation. But, if you have the time, I think they are worth setting up to have ready if you ever want to jump into working on those kinds of files. The main thing to take away from these videos is file organization, having files extracted to folders available, the tools lined up to open all the different file types, and some random little nuances about setting the tools up.]

2) Download ShadeAnimator's kit. Install all of the tools that are included with the kit and the other required ones listed in the guide that you have to download from links. Let me know if you have trouble getting all tools together and installed (The particular version of Havok Content Tools matters and is difficult to recognize that you installed the wrong one. You need version 2014-1-1_20150216).

3) Go to the section of Shadeanimator's guide pdf called "Animation Export > 3rd Person Animations, And Basic Workflow". But, only follow step 1 for now: make a copy of and load his 3rd person rig file.

4) With that open. Now read the following 3 guides [in the order I list them]. These were written for Skyrim and you should ignore the references to tool versions and rig files because those are different for Fallout 4. But, the info for how to use 3DSMax to make game animations is very helpful:

http://ceo-os.tumblr.com/0S/G/Animate/Basics/

http://ceo-os.tumblr.com/0S/G/Animate/MultiActor/

http://ceo-os.tumblr.com/0S/G/Animate/Sex/#_=_

5) Once you are finished reading those guides, you should have enough info to make a test animation quickly with ShadeAnimator's rig. Do that.

6) After that, follow the rest of the steps outlined in Shadeanimators guide for exporting 3rd person animations. Then you should have a properly exported hkx files.

7) Once you have done that, you can follow the AAF animation guide for putting it into CK and creating an animation pack xml, etc.

You asked for a lot! :smiley:

Actually, it looks like more than it is. All of those guides and videos and kit have all the info and files you need and, imo, are the best available for this subject. So, that should save you a lot of time hunting for answers to questions, guides, etc.

14 minutes ago, dagobaking said:

Ok.

I think that you are better off focusing what you want to do in 3DSMax rather than trying to learn the tool in general first. I've heard some 3D veterans say the opposite. But, it's a very deep application. So, unless you think it might become a career, learning the whole tool is a huge investment.

You can just learn the steps needed to get from A to B to make Fallout animations much more quickly. Then branch out to more complicated things later if the need comes up.

I recommend the following steps:

1) Watch and do everything recommended in videos 1 through 8 here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCW8BYqMR7Ei21WahZciSqRATOEfjw8H6 . I think the videos are really well done, easy to follow. But, let me know if questions come up. (One note. Use 3DSMax 2015 rather than 2016.) [You could skip video 3 and 6 as they are more relevant to outfit creation. But, if you have the time, I think they are worth setting up to have ready if you ever want to jump into working on those kinds of files. The main thing to take away from these videos is file organization, having files extracted to folders available, the tools lined up to open all the different file types, and some random little nuances about setting the tools up.]

2) Download ShadeAnimator's kit. Install all of the tools that are included with the kit and the other required ones listed in the guide that you have to download from links. Let me know if you have trouble getting all tools together and installed.

3) Go to the section of Shadeanimator's guide pdf called "Animation Export > 3rd Person Animations, And Basic Workflow". But, only follow step 1 for now: make a copy of and load his 3rd person rig file.

4) With that open. Now read the following 3 guides [in the order I list them]. These were written for Skyrim and you should ignore the references to tool versions and rig files because those are different for Fallout 4. But, the info for how to use 3DSMax to make game animations is very helpful:

http://ceo-os.tumblr.com/0S/G/Animate/Basics/

http://ceo-os.tumblr.com/0S/G/Animate/MultiActor/

http://ceo-os.tumblr.com/0S/G/Animate/Sex/#_=_

5) Once you are finished reading those guides, you should have enough info to make a test animation quickly with ShadeAnimator's rig. Do that.

6) After that, follow the rest of the steps outlined in Shadeanimators guide for exporting 3rd person animations. Then you should have a properly exported hkx files.

7) Once you have done that, you can follow the AAF animation guide for putting it into CK and creating an animation pack xml, etc.

You asked for a lot! :smiley:

Actually, it looks like more than it is. All of those guides and videos and kit have all the info and files you need and, imo, are the best available for this subject. So, that should save you a lot of time hunting for answers to questions, guides, etc.

Thank you so much! I really think this is going to come in handy when making animations. I will definitely let you know of any questions I have. I appreciate you taking the time to provide this info. Getting on this right away.

1 hour ago, dagobaking said:

I tried to test Autonomy Extended (is that the right one?). But, I'm not too familiar with it. So, am not sure how to make something happen that shows it working with AAF or not. Can you please give me steps on how to make it do something that calls AAF?

Yes it's the right one. In MCM you can see all options, this mod "just" trigger animations between NPCs. 20% at day / 80% at night .

I will test v21 on my old save and report if it works.

Is there a list of reported working mods with AAF proxy? Maybe i have something broken.

(Autonomy log:

error: Cannot call QuickScene() on a None object, aborting function call stack:

[AAF_FourPlayProxyQuest (11002679)].four_play:main.four_play() - "C:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\four_play\Main.psc" Line 48

Only marker on npc)

2 hours ago, Polistiro said:

Is there a list of reported working mods with AAF proxy? Maybe i have something broken.

(Autonomy log:

error: Cannot call QuickScene() on a None object, aborting function call stack:

[AAF_FourPlayProxyQuest (11002679)].four_play:main.four_play() - "C:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\Scripts\Source\User\four_play\Main.psc" Line 48

Only marker on npc)

There is not a list like that currently because I'm looking to make fixes for any that don't work. Have had good luck so far given a little time and a test process.

I forgot to post the adjusted proxy add-on last night. I will update now. Please try that one and see if it helps.

The error you list means that the proxy script isn't filling the AAF_API variable successfully. So, it's trying to call a function on a script that, to it, doesn't exist. There could be an issue on my side. But, it's odd that this part of the system is working for many people but not your case. That fact at least suggests that there could be something happening with your mods (maybe part of it being over-written by regular four_play files left in the folder? AAF itself not being fully installed?)

If you still see the issue with the new proxy file, can you try testing with one of the 4P mods known to work? Like SEU or Mindless. Whether or not those work in your setup will help indicate what kind of issue this is. If it's something in your setup, I want AAF to be able to detect what the issue is and give a helpful error message.

I tried starting the animation through the AAF menu, but then the scene duration option from Mindless Sex appeared. Selecting the 15 second duration brought up the "Player masturbates" option even though I selected 2 actors. It also said I don't have female animations, which I know. After the black screen, the male actor walked away and the was no animation. The animations were working fine with version 17. I turned on debug mode and got this:

Fallout4 4_15_2018 11_39_20 AM.png

7 minutes ago, rufgt said:

I tried starting the animation through the AAF menu, but then the scene duration option from Mindless Sex appeared. Selecting the 15 second duration brought up the "Player masturbates" option even though I selected 2 actors. It also said I don't have female animations, which I know. After the black screen, the male actor walked away and the was no animation. The animations were working fine with version 17. I turned on debug mode and got this:

Fallout4 4_15_2018 11_39_20 AM.png

From the debug, it looks like it tried to start two scenes at the same time. I will look more closely to see if I can do something to prevent this. With Mindless, I am a little less motivated because it is basically a quick test mod. AAF has that covered with the wizard.