Legacy of the Dragonborn and Sexlab

KoolHndLuke

Legacy of the Dragonborn. So, due to some problems I was having, I'm reinstalling Skyrim and mods again. I've been looking at this mod for quite awhile now and really want to try it out. Would really breathe some life for me into a game that I have played at least 5000 hrs on. The problem are it's listed conflicts and one "conflict" in particular- Sexlab and all associated mods!!! The reason the author gives is that Sexlab "is script heavy" and would interfere with some of LD's quests or functions. It honestly sounds more to me like the author just doesn't like LL or any of the mods here. Can I run both this mod and Sexlab together? Has anyone done it?

-Sexlab/Lover's Lab mods: these are very script heavy and mess with core animation systems of the game which drastically destabilizes even the most solid game. Using any of the frameworks from this site along with Legacy will cause major problems. No support will be given for users of LL mods.

Given that last sentence, I'm pretty sure you're right that the author just hates LoversLab.  It probably works fine.  This whole statement is full of bullshit anyway.

It would be so fun if someone with 200+ mods installed could prove to the author using Sexlab and LOtD works just fine.

There is always a risk of course when it comes to script mods even with compatible ones. The reason are many but as @davisev5225 pointed out, this seems to just be a LL hater in general.

Users here have proven time and time again, and even gone beyond what many thought was possible, with a problem also comes a solution.

8 minutes ago, Cynical Misanthrope said:

It would be so fun if someone with 200+ mods installed could prove to the author using Sexlab and LOtD works just fine.

There is always a risk of course when it comes to script mods even with compatible ones. The reason are many but as @davisev5225 pointed out, this seems to just be a LL hater in general.

Users here have proven time and time again, and even gone beyond what many thought was possible, with a problem also comes a solution.

Well hell, I'm just the idiot to try it!! I ran about 7 or 8 heavily scripted mods with Sexlab and did have a few issues with script lag. But, I think that was mostly due to inexperience on my part and one animation mod in particular. Will try it and report back later.:classic_biggrin:

Legacy of the fuck your save table will destroy your save, period.

This is not opinion, supposition or theory, it is fact. lotd contains more loose strings than every sex animation and sl mod combined.

Combined.

All of them.

If you install it and SL mods you have about 15-25 hours before your save starts becoming unstable, and there is no save cleaner that exists that can unfuck your save. One of the worst coded mods in Skyrim history outside of Immersive Patrols or the original Civil War Overhaul or The People of Skyrim. It will fuck you save even if it's the only thing you install.

11 minutes ago, 27X said:

This is not opinion, supposition or theory, it is fact. lotd contains more loose strings than every sex animation and sl mod combined.

Combined.

All of them.

If you install it and SL mods you have about 15-25 hours before your save starts becoming unstable, and there is no save cleaner that exists that can unfuck your save. One of the worst coded mods in Skyrim history outside of Immersive Patrols or the original Civil War Overhaul or The People of Skyrim. It will fuck you save even if it's the only thing you install.

Well thanks for the warning. Too bad, it looked like it would have been fun.

15 minutes ago, 27X said:

Combined.

All of them.

You're not a big fan then? :smiley:

21 minutes ago, 27X said:

Combined.

All of them.

It is definitely a gigantic mod, and I personally found it wasn't worth the trouble as it didn't change the way I play THAT much.

On 3/25/2018 at 3:58 PM, 27X said:

It's not a question of liking or disliking the mod or its content, it's not a question at all, it's an improperly coded mod; no more, no less.

I read this in Salem's voice.

Anyone with a cat avatar is usually right 102% of the time (my stats have a 2% margin of error)

On 25/03/2018 at 10:25 AM, 27X said:

Combined.

All of them.

Wait... is immersive patrols still fucked? I thought the more recent versions had been un-fucked?

Decided to try it for the first time on a new save, so let me know if it's still trash so I can dump it and start fresh before going any further!

I just reached the 200 hour mark on my current playthrough with Legacy installed, along with Sexlab, Aroused Redux, several animation packs, Osex, and a total of 191 plugins active, well over that considering I have a bunch of armor and weapons merged into one.  But I also have the SKSE memory manager, Crash Fixes, and Continue Game NO crash installed as well.  I haven't noticed any conflicts between Legacy and Sexlab,  I can still mine for those shards things that are Legacy.

However, my biggest problem now is complete script overload at times.  Largely in part due to Legacy.  It is a goddamn resource hog, and if you do install it, save often.  And don't expect any help from the mod author if one of the quests doesn't work right, he will just blame you.

Would I recommend it?  I don't know, do you like collecting shit?  Because that is what Legacy essentially is, collecting armor, weapons, books, gems, sea shells, pretty much anything, and then you take it back to the museum, display it all, and then get more quests that have you collecting more shit.

However, if I had to start over, if would be one of the first mods that I would uninstall.

• 1 year later...
On 3/28/2018 at 12:12 AM, shadowlord445 said:

I just reached the 200 hour mark on my current playthrough with Legacy installed, along with Sexlab, Aroused Redux, several animation packs, Osex, and a total of 191 plugins active, well over that considering I have a bunch of armor and weapons merged into one.  But I also have the SKSE memory manager, Crash Fixes, and Continue Game NO crash installed as well.  I haven't noticed any conflicts between Legacy and Sexlab,  I can still mine for those shards things that are Legacy.

However, my biggest problem now is complete script overload at times.  Largely in part due to Legacy.  It is a goddamn resource hog, and if you do install it, save often.  And don't expect any help from the mod author if one of the quests doesn't work right, he will just blame you.

Would I recommend it?  I don't know, do you like collecting shit?  Because that is what Legacy essentially is, collecting armor, weapons, books, gems, sea shells, pretty much anything, and then you take it back to the museum, display it all, and then get more quests that have you collecting more shit.

However, if I had to start over, if would be one of the first mods that I would uninstall.

In that case, know of any mods that are similar to Legacy? The playthrough I'm preping for is more of an intellectually inclined character and I thought it'd be perfect for Legacy.

Legacy, as shadowlord445 say, is a collecting mod. If you like complete the games at 100% collecting every item in GTA and Assasin Creed is your type of mod. I personally, not like recolecting things but that not mean the mod not works or give problems.

The explanations of 27X and the warnings in the web page come before Crash Fixes solve the string table bug.

If you have Crash Fixes Legacy can not cause any problem in your savegame. Simply, look my savegame:

Spoiler

image.png.25858e146a7e3eaa61fde257ccc452c7.png

I recomend to everybody open your savegame in ReSaver and compare with mine. I have 108k string, 447k scripts instances, 312k ChangeForm(3594 of them are quest) and only 19 Active Scripts in exterior cell. The savegame number is 3027 and is real, i saved my game more than 3000 times because I play the same savegame for one entire year, i complete all the misions from the vanilla game, the DLC's and all the quest of all the mods that i have installed, including 3Dnpc's, Falskaar, Amorous Adventures, SlaveRun, SexSlaves...

Of course, i have some of the most problematics mods that some people say are dangerous and break the game and the savegame as Legacy, RDO, OBIS, WarZones, Immersive Patrols, Wet and Cold...

I add the most exigent combination of script heavy mods like SexLab, SOS, Aroused, Aroused Monitor, Apropos, Squirt Reborn, Separate Orsgarm, Creature Framework, MNC, PSQ, Sexual Fame, Virgin, Realistic Needs, Frostfall, Wet Function, Milk Mod, Being Female, Cursed Loot...

My savegame have now a size of 50 MB, my game load it the first time in 30 seconds and save it, with autosaves, in less than 5 seconds playing in my 5 years old machine, I5-4460, GTX 660 2gb, 16 gb ram, 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM (mechanical, of course) and i not have any fps problems or script problem except when i launch a super orgy with MassMatchMaker in the basement of my house with 40 slaves from PAHE-HSH.

The past week i make a play session of 5 consecutive hours with this savegame and that mean the time cumulated in the game, the player level or the mods installed not have any relation to the stability or the performance of the game.

Spoiler

1008130059_skyrim5horas.png.a56ecef13e7b957986c8d6a9f9f33f8e.png

A lot of people have panic to remove mods in mid play and clean the savegame but i make it hundreds of times whitout think in the size of the mod or the scripts that have. Whit this save i played BIG mods like Rigmor and Vigilant and remove it whitout any problem. Theorically, the mods with scripts can not be removed but I upgrade from DCUR 7.5 to 8 in this savegame making a clean save. 

I think that 90% of the problems people have with Skyrim are, first, because of ignorance, and second, because of the tremendous fear they have to do something supposedly wrong. If you want help send me a message.

21 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

Legacy, as shadowlord445 say, is a collecting mod. If you like complete the games at 100% collecting every item in GTA and Assassin Creed is your type of mod. I personally, not like recollecting things but that not mean the mod not works or give problems.

The explanations of 27X and the warnings in the web page come before Crash Fixes solve the string table bug.

If you have Crash Fixes Legacy can not cause any problem in your savegame. Simply, look my savegame:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.25858e146a7e3eaa61fde257ccc452c7.png

I recommend to everybody open your savegame in ReSaver and compare with mine. I have 108k string, 447k scripts instances, 312k ChangeForm(3594 of them are quest) and only 19 Active Scripts in exterior cell. The savegame number is 3027 and is real, i saved my game more than 3000 times because I play the same savegame for one entire year, i complete all the misions from the vanilla game, the DLC's and all the quest of all the mods that i have installed, including 3Dnpc's, Falskaar, Amorous Adventures, SlaveRun, SexSlaves...

Of course, i have some of the most problematics mods that some people say are dangerous and break the game and the savegame as Legacy, RDO, OBIS, WarZones, Immersive Patrols, Wet and Cold...

I add the most exigent combination of script heavy mods like SexLab, SOS, Aroused, Aroused Monitor, Apropos, Squirt Reborn, Separate Orgasm, Creature Framework, MNC, PSQ, Sexual Fame, Virgin, Realistic Needs, Frostfall, Wet Function, Milk Mod, Being Female, Cursed Loot...

My savegame have now a size of 50 MB, my game load it the first time in 30 seconds and save it, with autosaves, in less than 5 seconds playing in my 5 years old machine, I5-4460, GTX 660 2gb, 16 gb ram, 1 TB SATA 7200 RPM (mechanical, of course) and i not have any fps problems or script problem except when i launch a super orgy with MassMatchMaker in the basement of my house with 40 slaves from PAHE-HSH.

The past week i make a play session of 5 consecutive hours with this savegame and that mean the time cumulated in the game, the player level or the mods installed not have any relation to the stability or the performance of the game.

Reveal hidden contents

1008130059_skyrim5horas.png.a56ecef13e7b957986c8d6a9f9f33f8e.png

A lot of people have panic to remove mods in mid play and clean the savegame but i make it hundreds of times without thinking in the size of the mod or the scripts that have. Whit this save i played BIG mods like Rigmor and Vigilant and remove it whitout any problem. Theoretically, the mods with scripts can not be removed but I upgrade from DCUR 7.5 to 8 in this savegame making a clean save. 

I think that 90% of the problems people have with Skyrim are, first, because of ignorance, and second, because of the tremendous fear they have to do something supposedly wrong. If you want help send me a message.

I dont have as strong a system as you do, nor do I have as a refined setup, in all likelihood. There are probably numerous things wrong with my LO and probably an equal number of things wrong with my various ini's. I wont be able to get the same results you can, but I hope to at least get as close as possible. I have a separate thread for load order suggestions, if you want the link to it.

4 minutes ago, Dilios300 said:

I dont have as strong a system as you do, nor do I have as a refined setup, in all likelihood. There are probably numerous things wrong with my LO and probably an equal number of things wrong with my various ini's. I wont be able to get the same results you can, but I hope to at least get as close as possible. I have a separate thread for load order suggestions, if you want the link to it.

The power of the machine is not related to the stability of the game. The only relation is performance and capacity. If you have less power you need more time for load and save the game. You can not install an ENB preset with 4k textures plus verdant plus city overhauls like jks. You must look in the mods the indications about performance and be carrefull with the combinations of mods that you install.

An old machine only can give you a ugly game with a low framerate and limit you about what mods you can use but not mean that the game go to make CTD simply because the machine is old.

8 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

The power of the machine is not related to the stability of the game. The only relation is performance and capacity. If you have less power you need more time for load and save the game. You can not install an ENB preset with 4k textures plus verdant plus city overhauls like jks. You must look in the mods the indications about performance and be carrefull with the combinations of mods that you install.

An old machine only can give you a ugly game with a low framerate and limit you about what mods you can use but not mean that the game go to make CTD simply because the machine is old.

We can discuss the nitty-gritty details all day, but regardless of that, I still would not be able to achieve the same results as you. As I said before, I still probably have issues with load order or my ini's. Both of which would absolutely impact stability.

5 hours ago, Dilios300 said:

In that case, know of any mods that are similar to Legacy? The playthrough I'm preping for is more of an intellectually inclined character and I thought it'd be perfect for Legacy.

I don't know of any other mod that is similar to Legacy.  If you are doing a bookworm type character, Legacy would compliment it.  You essentially become the head of an archaeological society.  Go ahead and try it, just make sure you use Crash Fixes. 

A shame no other mods are out there that are similar to Legacy. My imperial isnt a book worm per se, he still does the civil war, companions, and main quest after all. He just loves history and isnt keen on just putting auriels bow or other artifacts in a closet somewhere and never seeing it again. He values items of a historical nature too much. That said, I already have crash fixes. Any settings or the like that you can recommend I change?

Legacy would be a good fit then. As far as more fixes, I'd recommend Bug Fixes by meh321, and Load Game CTD Fix by Utopium.  Also use the SKSE memory patch.

12 minutes ago, Dilios300 said:

A shame no other mods are out there that are similar to Legacy. My imperial isnt a book worm per se, he still does the civil war, companions, and main quest after all. He just loves history and isnt keen on just putting auriels bow or other artifacts in a closet somewhere and never seeing it again. He values items of a historical nature too much. That said, I already have crash fixes. Any settings or the like that you can recommend I change?

1 hour ago, shadowlord445 said:

Legacy would be a good fit then. As far as more fixes, I'd recommend Bug Fixes by meh321, and Load Game CTD Fix by Utopium.  Also use the SKSE memory patch.

Thank you. I already got the memory patch, if memory serves.... guess only thing left to optimize would be load order?

On 11/26/2019 at 6:27 PM, GenioMaestro said:

No, no they do not. It's a badly coded mod, period. That it also caused string table global warming is actually another entire issue indicative of crappy coding. I could care less how much or more importantly WHY people like it. People love frostfall, people loves realistic needs and diseases, people love several immersive patrols (of any flavor) and several other clomped together mods, and time and time again mixing these mods with the kind of state management and forced behavior (in both senses of the word) Sex based skyrim modding both requires and entails leads to bullshit, simple as. Time and time again.

You can continue to preach, but the main reason people move to SSE is because their load orders fail over and over in LE, whether by refusing to acknowledge bad coding versus esoteric and unstable architecture and memory management, or the more pervasive reason, they haven't the faintest idea what they're fucking doing and just want to play the game, one handed or not. You keep describing this magical fix and yet no one else can ever implement it, and personally I have to remod virtually any mod I have that A touches animations or the string table,  and B the string table is fixed and no amount of scripted juggling will magically make it handle more entries dynamically. The best you can do is to implement an ENB style partitioning and there are three people in the entire community that have used this method in their framework or mod in seven years over almost a hundred thousand mods.

I've explained three different times why it's a bad mod on the coding level, and since it's not on my system and people still insist on jamming it in their load order, there's no point to even C/C/Ping it again, and to reiterate it's not on my system so I don't care. It's never going to cause me a single problem other than evangelists wasting my time trying to tell me how Prop Hunt can magically and out of thin air extend Skyrim's playable lifespan by appealing to the same issue that causes people to buy MTXs in the thousands. Since I don't have that aspect in my personality, I'm never going to care about filling an imaginary checkbox list with fetch quest checkmarks. I could care less, and I'm not bored by the setup of Skyrim I've built. If someone needs to jam a skinner box button to prop up their characters' "accomplishments", that's literally none of my business. You do you.

Of a more practical turn is an opinion is just that, an opinion. When reviewing that opinion after implementing CFixes and other things to stabilize the game, the opinion of this mod hasn't changed and won't tomorrow either because the kind of fuckery it causes takes a while to become endemic and there is zero extracting it from the save state when it happens, and no amount of memory injection or active memory address swapping will change that.

Archived