Is there a way to add an option where having a weapon equipped acts as a deterrent to some of the more forward approaches?  I'm using a Holstered Weapons mod and I'm not sure some people would be so determined if they see that Janey had a gun...

Edited by BHAitken
spelling

When the Flirt approach does not go the consensual/vanilla route, I always get the gag, followed by arm restraints -> hate fuck.
Are there supposed to be other outcomes/options besides  vanilla + gag'n'rape ?  
(i.e. "devices to spice things up" w/o going down the hate path)

PS: New to the mod, have been running it for a couple sessions on an existing (highly modded&progressed) save - having fun stress-testing it (and my character) in order to fiddle with settings / look for conflicts with other mods/settings, figuring out how to integrate it into my world.
So, I'm just asking whether there are more outcomes -> whether this is something I should look into (whether the cause is "by circumstances" (result of existing progression/settings) or some mod/setting conflict.)

And, a QOL request/suggestion:

a hotkey to force-trigger a random approach
"run the tick every x seconds until it finds a tock and starts an approach"

also, the regular tick's minimum setting in MCM is 0.1 in-game hours - 18 IRL seconds when running on normal timescale.
But I am usually running a modified timescale, so that'd be close to a minute for me.
Making that setting 0.05 increments would help with (slightly) modified timescales.

15 hours ago, BHAitken said:

Is there a way to add an option where having a weapon equipped acts as a deterrent to some of the more forward approaches?  I'm using a Holstered Weapons mod and I'm not sure some people would be so determined if they see that Janey had a gun...

Nothing like that as such is implemented as of now, nor is probably planned.

To me that sounds like quite a bit of more functionality...

I think Hardship has something vaguely similiar with enemies treating you differently if you are "threatening" or not...

1 hour ago, asdfer1234 said:

Nothing like that as such is implemented as of now, nor is probably planned.

To me that sounds like quite a bit of more functionality...

I think Hardship has something vaguely similiar with enemies treating you differently if you are "threatening" or not...

I also did something similar in Milking Human Kindness, though Hardship checks whether your weapon is drawn while MHK checks whether it's equipped (and then there's Raider Pet, which checks whether you're carrying any weapons in your inventory).

18 hours ago, egonm68 said:

When the Flirt approach does not go the consensual/vanilla route, I always get the gag, followed by arm restraints -> hate fuck.
Are there supposed to be other outcomes/options besides  vanilla + gag'n'rape ?  
(i.e. "devices to spice things up" w/o going down the hate path)

PS: New to the mod, have been running it for a couple sessions on an existing (highly modded&progressed) save - having fun stress-testing it (and my character) in order to fiddle with settings / look for conflicts with other mods/settings, figuring out how to integrate it into my world.
So, I'm just asking whether there are more outcomes -> whether this is something I should look into (whether the cause is "by circumstances" (result of existing progression/settings) or some mod/setting conflict.)

flirt approach results i have seen in game:

1 - vanilla

2 - gag, and bound hands and hate fuck

3 - just gag

4 - gag and bound hands but not hate fuck

the results you will get will depend on the combination of the harassers confidence and morality.

morality is 1 = evil, 2 = neutral, and 3 = good 

confidence goes from 1 (or is it 0) to 99 (or it might be 100) with the higher the number = more confident

to adjust morality or confidence first target npc in console the use command

setav fpsh_morality to 1 (or 2 or 3 if preferred)

setav fpsh_confidence to xx (i use a range of 1 to 99)

from what i have seen in game (user perspective as i am not the creator/author) is that the more evil and confident the harasser is the more

likely it is to end in a "hate fuck".

thank you,

it felt like I was 'missing' something - and you confirmed it.

lots of variables to fool around with in this one

And to consider when configuring a new run, to hit the personal "sweet spot" (at least roughly)
- I like it! 🙂

On 1/26/2024 at 7:08 AM, ptmc2112 said:

Could be an option to not have Sexual Harassment run while either "The Memory Den" quest (FormID 00108EC0) or "Shattered" quest (FormID 000229EA) are running (note the Shattered quest is a hidden quest that runs during the Kellogg's memory part of "Dangerous Minds" that handles all the memories of Kellogg, and I think it completes once you leave the memory).

remember when I said this? I found out that "the Memory Den" quest runs from the start of the game, so would be a bad idea to check if it's running. Fortunately, it has a hidden quest just for handling the memory part, with a FormID of 00065E67 and EditorID of FFGoodneighbor01MemorySequence and it only runs when it's parent quest tells it to.

Edited by ptmc2112
8 hours ago, ptmc2112 said:

remember when I said this? I found out that "the Memory Den" quest runs from the start of the game, so would be a bad idea to check if it's running. Fortunately, it has a hidden quest just for handling the memory part, with a FormID of 00065E67 and EditorID of FFGoodneighbor01MemorySequence and it only runs when it's parent quest tells it to.

personally i just use the hotkey to turn SH off for those type quests and to turn it back on again afterwards.

i did forget one time to turn it off before the Memory Den Quest, and it was funny to have the tech decide to "have fun"

with me while Kellog was shooting Nate.  the quest did finish after the tech had fun at least, but it sure was funny to watch.

Feature Request... No Unlocking Devious Devices MCM Option

This means that under no circumstances will anyone approach and unlock a Devious Device, currently... you still get offers for unlocking your Devices even with all the MCM Options set to not do it.

Reason... I am using the DD Bench Unlock mod, that charges you to unlock your Devious Devices. Meaning, no easy unlocking, especially if you have mods that make your poor... A great mod, you have to be really desperate to use it, as used alongside the Poverty mods below, you will not be able to afford it.

Greedy Doctors... Doctors charge more Caps, I made my own tweaked version for myself, Even Greedier Doctors.

Worthless Loot... No more selling your stuff, you'll get nothing. There are only a few ways to make Caps, in small amounts. I love that mod.

Idea... Synths Equip Synth Devious Devices.

Hidden Synths equip Synth Devious Devices in Settlements, and out in the world, when getting Harassed by them.

On 3/14/2024 at 9:25 AM, Krazyone said:

Feature Request... No Unlocking Devious Devices MCM Option

This means that under no circumstances will anyone approach and unlock a Devious Device, currently... you still get offers for unlocking your Devices even with all the MCM Options set to not do it.

Reason... I am using the DD Bench Unlock mod, that charges you to unlock your Devious Devices. Meaning, no easy unlocking, especially if you have mods that make your poor... A great mod, you have to be really desperate to use it, as used alongside the Poverty mods below, you will not be able to afford it.

Greedy Doctors... Doctors charge more Caps, I made my own tweaked version for myself, Even Greedier Doctors.

Worthless Loot... No more selling your stuff, you'll get nothing. There are only a few ways to make Caps, in small amounts. I love that mod.

Idea... Synths Equip Synth Devious Devices.

Hidden Synths equip Synth Devious Devices in Settlements, and out in the world, when getting Harassed by them.

Just spitballing here, but I kinda dislike the DD Bench Unlock on the grounds of immersion-breaking.  I'd rather have it based on conditions, like having an agreeable (affinity?) companion to help you, or a agreeable settler (good+high settlement happiness?) to help you out at a bench.  Having a cap-operated auto-bench just seems kinda.. meh.  No offence to the author, he stated in his description that it was a make-shift solution.

Speaking of companion affinity, maybe have affinity adjustments on responses?  Leaving resist to be neutral, maybe submit can boost, and aggressive & plead would have a negative affect?  Once again, just spitballing here.

Also, is there a way to detect if your current master is also your companion?  My current master is completely oblivious of me 23 hours of the day.  I know there are the occasional missions to Diamond City, but the more lighter stuff like putting shackles on the player, or making them walk around naked for a bit.

2 hours ago, BHAitken said:

Just spitballing here, but I kinda dislike the DD Bench Unlock on the grounds of immersion-breaking.  I'd rather have it based on conditions, like having an agreeable (affinity?) companion to help you, or a agreeable settler (good+high settlement happiness?) to help you out at a bench.  Having a cap-operated auto-bench just seems kinda.. meh.  No offence to the author, he stated in his description that it was a make-shift solution.

Speaking of companion affinity, maybe have affinity adjustments on responses?  Leaving resist to be neutral, maybe submit can boost, and aggressive & plead would have a negative affect?  Once again, just spitballing here.

Also, is there a way to detect if your current master is also your companion?  My current master is completely oblivious of me 23 hours of the day.  I know there are the occasional missions to Diamond City, but the more lighter stuff like putting shackles on the player, or making them walk around naked for a bit.

I have a Garage at home, with a Workbench. I can open or break anything with it's tools, that's how I think of it. True, paying for getting the stuff opened isn't good, but neither is everyone just ignoring you being locked in items, when you are trying to rebuild the Commonwealth.

Personally... I'd have Companions have a mental state, Good, Bad, Neutral, Evil, and things you do affects their standing with you. Same with Settlers in Settlements. Not helping Settlements, Settlers and Companions would have a detrimental effect on what they do to you.

Currently, Companions wont lift a finger to help you.

Your Master idea, sounds like the Submissive Lola: The Resubmission mod on Skyrim, which I've used in the past, and is totally hardcore. A good mod, but very tough...

13 hours ago, BHAitken said:

having an agreeable (affinity?) companion to help you, or a agreeable settler (good+high settlement happiness?) to help you out at a bench.

The Boston Devious Helper mod comes close to what you're talking about, though also Hardship (and TSEX-Hardship) has a chance for NPCs to notice you're bound and offer assistance (possibly with ulterior motives).

im sorry if someone asked this before but i have to ask. bimbo serum NEVER happens, what am i missing? hypno and fan approach never have a negative outcome.

i turned off LUCK modifier. i didnt change much in the settings other than increasing bad outcome chance for fan and hypno.

im using cbbe and should have all requirements

2 hours ago, polska said:

im sorry if someone asked this before but i have to ask. bimbo serum NEVER happens, what am i missing? hypno and fan approach never have a negative outcome.

i turned off LUCK modifier. i didnt change much in the settings other than increasing bad outcome chance for fan and hypno.

im using cbbe and should have all requirements

Evil NPCs have a greater chance of giving you negative outcomes, good NPCs will almost never give you negative outcomes. You might see if adjusting the morality percentages in MCM help shift this, but be aware that SH assigns each NPC a morality the first time you encounter them, so changing the odds in MCM will only be relevant for NPCs you haven't come into range of yet (or if you start the game over).

Is it possible in some new update that u can make Morality 2 and 3 NPCs not get kicked from 99% of the mods checks? Cuz iz wild as hell that even forcing an approach just does absolutely nothing most of the time unless there is a Morality 1 NPC nearby and it gets really boring.

7 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Evil NPCs have a greater chance of giving you negative outcomes, good NPCs will almost never give you negative outcomes. You might see if adjusting the morality percentages in MCM help shift this, but be aware that SH assigns each NPC a morality the first time you encounter them, so changing the odds in MCM will only be relevant for NPCs you haven't come into range of yet (or if you start the game over).

i will try that, thanks

7 hours ago, LynErso666 said:

Is it possible in some new update that u can make Morality 2 and 3 NPCs not get kicked from 99% of the mods checks? Cuz iz wild as hell that even forcing an approach just does absolutely nothing most of the time unless there is a Morality 1 NPC nearby and it gets really boring.

I have noticed that as well.
Couple of morality 2 and 3 with 80-90 confidence around, and yet the one morality 1 and like 40-50 confidence is the one that is mostly approaching me.
Maybe the amount of previous interactions weigh in a bit too much here, too.

Heya, this mod became one of my go to mods when modding FO4.

Though this time around i noticed that men do follow me but it takes them ages to actually talk to me.

So i usually end up engaging with them which defeats a little the purpose.

Is there a setting that will make men act more swiftly?

Just for analyzing this, i provide my loadorder. Maybe some other mod interfaces perhaps.

mymods.txt

1 hour ago, TheFruitlessOne said:

Heya, this mod became one of my go to mods when modding FO4.

Though this time around i noticed that men do follow me but it takes them ages to actually talk to me.

So i usually end up engaging with them which defeats a little the purpose.

Is there a setting that will make men act more swiftly?

Just for analyzing this, i provide my loadorder. Maybe some other mod interfaces perhaps.

mymods.txt 4.9 kB · 1 download

you can speed it up a bit by setting "Approacher waits for player to be alone" to "off" (in the 'general' options in MCM)
But even then, sometimes it takes a while / requires them to be close enough + 'mouseover' to bring up the chat options.

9 hours ago, egonm68 said:

I have noticed that as well.
Couple of morality 2 and 3 with 80-90 confidence around, and yet the one morality 1 and like 40-50 confidence is the one that is mostly approaching me.
Maybe the amount of previous interactions weigh in a bit too much here, too.

I've sometimes added debugging statements to the approach code.

One thing that I have frequently seen is the mod requesting an npc referencealias from the game, and the game refusing to provide one. This happens even when NPCs I think would be suitable are nearby. I do not know how to further isolate this issue.

3 hours ago, sen4mi said:

I've sometimes added debugging statements to the approach code.

One thing that I have frequently seen is the mod requesting an npc referencealias from the game, and the game refusing to provide one. This happens even when NPCs I think would be suitable are nearby. I do not know how to further isolate this issue.

I kind of observed this pattern as well.

So i was at Covenant and the only male that repeatably approached me was the guy from the gate. Any other male ignored me. So i had him over and over.

It seems there is something wrong but i am not really sure what you can do.

7 hours ago, TheFruitlessOne said:

I kind of observed this pattern as well.

So i was at Covenant and the only male that repeatably approached me was the guy from the gate. Any other male ignored me. So i had him over and over.

It seems there is something wrong but i am not really sure what you can do.

i have had that happen to me at Covenant also.

3 different games 

game 1 - just Swanson (gate guard)

games 2 and 3 - Swanson and Honest Dan (gives you quest Human Error)

no one else was approaching.

funnily enough in game 1 i wiped out Covenant, but 2 and 3 i did the "peaceful" route (side with the doc at the Compound).

in games 2 and 3 after completing the Human Error quest and acquiring Covenant as a settlement i did start getting 

approached by more of them.  no clue why but it (and someone else's post in one of the FO4 threads) gave me an idea i 

will be trying this time. gonna do the "peaceful" route, gain Covenant as a settlement, then use Just Business to go back

and take the Doc and Manny from the compound as slaves <eg>.  this will let me have Covenant as a settlement with happy 

settlers (and keep the traders) while also stopping the Doc's experiments.