15 hours ago, valcon767 said:

i have had that happen to me at Covenant also.

3 different games 

game 1 - just Swanson (gate guard)

games 2 and 3 - Swanson and Honest Dan (gives you quest Human Error)

no one else was approaching.

funnily enough in game 1 i wiped out Covenant, but 2 and 3 i did the "peaceful" route (side with the doc at the Compound).

in games 2 and 3 after completing the Human Error quest and acquiring Covenant as a settlement i did start getting 

approached by more of them.  no clue why but it (and someone else's post in one of the FO4 threads) gave me an idea i 

will be trying this time. gonna do the "peaceful" route, gain Covenant as a settlement, then use Just Business to go back

and take the Doc and Manny from the compound as slaves <eg>.  this will let me have Covenant as a settlement with happy 

settlers (and keep the traders) while also stopping the Doc's experiments.

I have the feeling it has something to do what the characters are marked as. Like essential or unique. Can't confirm it but i will look into CK.

If the mod scans for possible dudes, it seems to affect only certain characters.

How do I get this mod to stop starting sex scenes with the AAF Home Menu locked and my player frozen afterwards. It seems to just permabreak and start doing this forever in every scene in every playthrough eventually. No other mod that starts scenes EVER does that to me, not ever. Not one time. But FPSH, it seems destined to always end up that way. Reinstalling from the MCM doesn't help. Reset Approaches unfreeze the player so I know it's a known bug. Can we start these scenes a little differently to avoid this plz???

On 3/23/2024 at 11:22 AM, sen4mi said:

I've sometimes added debugging statements to the approach code.

One thing that I have frequently seen is the mod requesting an npc referencealias from the game, and the game refusing to provide one. This happens even when NPCs I think would be suitable are nearby. I do not know how to further isolate this issue.

Yes I have noticed setquestaliases is almost always unusable in the FPSH_ quests. It fails to set a reference almost everytime

13 minutes ago, LynErso666 said:

How do I get this mod to stop starting sex scenes with the AAF Home Menu locked and my player frozen afterwards. It seems to just permabreak and start doing this forever in every scene in every playthrough eventually. No other mod that starts scenes EVER does that to me, not ever. Not one time. But FPSH, it seems destined to always end up that way. Reinstalling from the MCM doesn't help. Reset Approaches unfreeze the player so I know it's a known bug. Can we start these scenes a little differently to avoid this plz???

Omg I almost forgot to mention 🙏 if this happens to u, Uninstall the mod, make sure the FPSH scripts folder is gone from Scripts and load it up, save the game, then exit and reinstall, and that's the only way I've found to stop FPSH from ruining every scene it starts when it decides to haywire. 

On 3/9/2024 at 11:57 AM, ptmc2112 said:

remember when I said this? I found out that "the Memory Den" quest runs from the start of the game, so would be a bad idea to check if it's running. Fortunately, it has a hidden quest just for handling the memory part, with a FormID of 00065E67 and EditorID of FFGoodneighbor01MemorySequence and it only runs when it's parent quest tells it to.

this can be done simply by adding the following code to the OnTick function in FPSH_Main script (uses the Game.GetForm function to grab the quests without having to add the 2 quests as properties)
    if (Game.GetForm(0x000229EA) as Quest).IsRunning() || (Game.GetForm(0x00065E67) as Quest).IsRunning()
        ; if Shattered (editorid MQ203) or FFGoodneighbor01MemorySequence is running, stop approaches
        If FPSH_Setting_DebugNotifEnabled.GetValue() == 1
            debug.notification("Player is reliving memories, approaches disabled")
        EndIf
        return
    endif

twistedtrebla already knows what Ego and I are doing at least in 2022, so he/she will definitely update if he/she comes back.😜
All authors have times when they are busy with things other than modding.🥰

6 hours ago, kziitd said:

twistedtrebla already knows what Ego and I are doing at least in 2022, so he/she will definitely update if he/she comes back.😜
All authors have times when they are busy with things other than modding.🥰

DD is a soft requirement of Sexual Harassment, so the easy option is to remove DD to avoid conflicts, go with the amazing new framework and "equip item" from the debug menu of the framework if you feel the incident would normally leave you bound.

On 4/1/2024 at 4:24 AM, Koopstaknicca21 said:

anyone else have an issue where mutants randomly get removed from the list of eligble npcs

Are you using Milking Human Kindness? If so, it has a feature where super mutants get turned on as potential approachers when you're naked and unarmed and under the effect of the Mommy-O fertility drug (since it also makes them non-hostile under those same conditions), then turns them off as approachers any time those conditions aren't met (so that potentially hostile NPCs won't be dragged to your location as a SH approacher).

If this is the case, that feature can be disabled in MHK's MCM under Features->Sync mutie approaches.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Are you using Milking Human Kindness? If so, it has a feature where super mutants get turned on as potential approachers when you're naked and unarmed and under the effect of the Mommy-O fertility drug (since it also makes them non-hostile under those same conditions), then turns them off as approachers any time those conditions aren't met (so that potentially hostile NPCs won't be dragged to your location as a SH approacher).

If this is the case, that feature can be disabled in MHK's MCM under Features->Sync mutie approaches.

thanks, yes i am using MHK, great mod 

8 hours ago, jbezorg said:

@twistedtrebla

So how would I start the collar master quest with a specific NPC?

It can't be done directly (Ithink).
But it can be done by engineering a situation to give it a very high chance to trigger
- make sure they're of evil disposition
  console, check the fpsh_morality value. or just set it.
  "setav fpsh_morality 1" + "setav fpsh_confidence 99"
- increase the change of shock collar approach in MCM, and (temporarily) disable the others
- make sure that the NPC in question is eligible (MCM 'SH -> Eligible NPCs') - limit the 'approach group' as best as you can
- set the "approach cooldown" in MCM 'SH -> general'  to minimum
- wear clothing (so the "sex approach when naked" does not apply)
  and, ofc, a shock collar
- engineer a situation where they're the only (eligible) ones around
  i.e. if it's a companion, go with them to an internal cell with no one else around. if it's a moveable settler, (temporarily) move them to an internal settlement with no other (eligible) NPCs around. (and if it's a non-commandable NPC ... maybe try to go to a large internal cell and temporarily move them with the console to you - and back to their normal location after)

At least that's what I did, when I was fooling around to try things out.

PS: I had other approaches on as well, and after a few, the collar one triggered.
Also, I did not try to move the NPC to another location after. (I don't think they will be bound to the location - just saying I did not try/test that)

15 hours ago, jbezorg said:

So how would I start the collar master quest with a specific NPC?

In addition to the above recommendations, I've had luck literally cornering the desired individual so that they can't path around me, cranking all the timers up to the fastest options, and then standing there for a bit until the dialogue starts.

1 hour ago, sen4mi said:

Maybe setting FPSH_CollarMaster to the NPC's actorvalue, in the console, would work?

That was the way I was thinking. Dig through the FPSH scripts to see how the quest is started and use force alias on the target actor. I was just hoping someone had done it before. 

7 hours ago, egonm68 said:

It can't be done directly (Ithink).

Working on a Mod that supports FPSH and this event was randomly triggered during the quest. within the Mod it would make sense to force a target actor into this role from the start and I think it would work better than just disabling the event.

Edited by jbezorg
7 minutes ago, jbezorg said:

That was the way I was thinking. Dig through the FPSH scripts to see how the quest is started and use force alias on the target actor. I was just hoping someone had done it before. 

Working on a Mod that supports FPSH and this event was randomly triggered during the quest. within the Mod it would make sense to force a target actor into this role from the start and I think it would work better than just disabling the event.

Triggering the approach through SH's scripts is pretty easy actually, there's a specific function that triggers (or at least attempts to trigger) a collar master approach. Actually forcing a particular individual to be an approacher for any kind of triggered approach is nontrivial though. The way the trigger functions are set up, they call the routine to choose an appropriate approacher at random once the desired kind of approach is chosen, rather than choosing the approacher first and passing them to a function that starts an approach.