SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

5 hours ago, MadMansGun said:

if that was the case then us SLE users should be encountering it a lot as well, my SLE is fucked up but it's still able to run CF perfectly fine:

Papyrus.0.log 10.65 MB · 0 downloads

(i have not started a new game since 2014)

so i don't understand how such a high number of SSE users are having this problem.

I not know if that log file is yours or if come from another user but the problem seem to be the same as here.

The script WeaponRackActivateScript has been changed by USLEP and USSEP.

Probably, the user has not instaled USLEP/USSEP or, maybe, has enabled it AFTER start the game.

Or can have a bad installation where another mod is overwriting the WeaponRackActivateScript and causing all the problems.

The solution is the same as i give in that post. Search if a mod is changing that script, remove it and Clean the savegame, if necesary, by brute force.

Some details about the log:

Spoiler

[01/24/2020 - 05:39:48PM] warning: Function WeaponRackActivateScript..InitActivator in stack frame 1 in stack 2298286 doesn't exist in the in-game resource files - using version from save
[01/24/2020 - 05:39:48PM] warning: Function WeaponRackActivateScript..HandleStartingItem in stack frame 2 in stack 2298286 doesn't exist in the in-game resource files - using version from save
[01/24/2020 - 05:39:48PM] warning: Function WeaponRackActivateScript..PlaceItem in stack frame 3 in stack 2298286 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save
[01/24/2020 - 05:39:48PM] warning: Function DLC1SeranaCureQuestScript..SetEyes in stack frame 1 in stack 2784613 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save
[01/24/2020 - 05:39:48PM] warning: Function WeaponRackActivateScript..OnCellAttach in stack frame 0 in stack 2159650 differs from the in-game resource files - using version from save

The log have 23 stacks dumps. The game is generating, practicaly, one stack dump per minute.

From 05:46:25PM to 05:57:25PM are generated, exactly, each minute with 00 seconds.

Spoiler

[01/24/2020 - 05:40:49PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:41:49PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:43:18PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:44:18PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:45:21PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:46:25PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:47:25PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:48:25PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:49:25PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:50:25PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:51:25PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:52:25PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:53:25PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:54:25PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:55:25PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:56:25PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:57:25PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:58:30PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 05:59:45PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 06:00:48PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 06:01:48PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 06:03:09PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:
[01/24/2020 - 06:04:13PM] Suspended stack count is over our warning threshold, dumping stacks:

actually it was caused by updating "uskp" to "uslep", i already know how to fix it (just delete the scripts with a save editor so they can reload), i'm just keeping it broken to have a more realistic testing environment.

....oddly i have somehow lost the "mgritual04questscript" and "MG07VisionTriggerScript" scripts that it use to have....that's a shame because they are the more common ones that i see in other peoples logs.

37 minutes ago, MadMansGun said:

to have a more realistic testing environment.

One of the things I do to test mods and locate problems is to put my game to work in one single core.

Open the game in windowed mode and, while you are in the Main Menu, open the Windows Task Manager and configure the affinity of TESV.exe to one core, or two cores.

In that way the game runs asphyxiated, as if it were running on a very old machine, and can show many errors caused by synchronization failures.

Another testing metod is limit the framerate, ussing AfterBurner or any similar tool, because the execution of the Scripts is linked to the framerate. With low FPS the game only can execute a few Scripts per second.

In addition, you can use my ScriptTest to saturate only the papyrus engine. By mixing all the methods, you can determine if the problems are caused by the synchronization of the Scripts or by a fail in the game engine.

11 hours ago, AWHA said:

It crashes before I even get to the main menu. Just to confirm, I'm supposed to rename this so that it replaces the original DLL right?

No need to rename it but you do have to delete the old dll.  skse64 will try to load any dll in the skse/plugins folder and if the old dll is there it will get loaded.

@CPU @gregathit I do not want to have my mod "MCG for skyrim LE" converted for Skyrim Special Edition. I do not authorize anyone to distribute any version or conversion of it unless distributed under my personal user account. Please if you see anyone other than me distributing it or modifying it take moderator actions, I will report anyone that I see doing that.

19 minutes ago, anghelos92 said:

@CPU @gregathit I do not want to have my mod "MCG for skyrim LE" converted for Skyrim Special Edition. I do not authorize anyone to distribute any version or conversion of it unless distributed under my personal user account. Please if you see anyone other than me distributing it or modifying it take moderator actions, I will report anyone that I see doing that.

The only thing we will do is to remove any unauthorized conversion we find.

The rest is your business.

3 hours ago, anghelos92 said:

may I ask why?

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2020 at 5:01 PM, Pfiffy said:

may I ask why?

/Rant mode

Spoiler

Because I am very pissed with this community as a whole, let me explain:

It is since 2017 that I am modding New Vegas, Skyrim and Fallout 4. Generally, I keep my modification for myself but in the case of MCG I decided to share it. Since the beginning I gave the most open of the licenses, I even allowed the possibility to upload forks of it without my involvement, I tried at best of my possibilities to give technical support, I always accepted critics and fixed bug reports from those that submitted them to me in a civil and sensible manner...and yet there is always some bitch around that insult me for some technical detail he doesn't understand, for project choices that differ from their personal tastes, for some mod incompatibility that only he has but he feels entitled to degrade the time I spent on providing a free mod for all of you. Now with this, I don't want to show me as some special asshole because I've seen this kind of rude behavior and unrespectful attitude towards mod authors in many other support topics, there are mod authors that must deal with much worse disrespect than what I dealt with, the only difference is that I decided to take a firm position, I don't care if more people will hate me because I feel to be in the moral right on this matter, I cannot stand to even a small portion of people insulting what I have provided them for free if the rest, majority of community, stay silent about it, as that would be a matter that doesn't involve them. If you see anyone disrespecting a mod author you must answer and take a position, they create the mods that you use and make your games better, the reason for you using this site in first place! But I see most don't care, even moderators have a too much lassaiz fare attitude about this diffuse rude behavior even if one of the main rules of this site is to not piss off or insult mod authors who really are the only reason for this site to exist. "Qui tacit consentit". So I am gradually disengaging and as the community didn't care so I don't care anymore, I don't see any reasons to continue to spend any fraction of my free time for this community or sharing more of my mods with it.

/Rant mode off

TL:DR

I feel this community has abused my patience too much already, I am not exposing myself an inch more to disrespect and insults expecially for conversions that I can't even directly control the quality of, being not involved in them.

CPU and Pfiffy - you folks on Loverslab do a good job with an unruly community. I salute you.

A bigger concern is sites other than Lovaerslab that flat steal mods from here and present them as their own.

Case in point: Sexy Bandit Captives. That mod was flat stolen from here, contrary to all license restrictions.

I wish you folks could come up with some way to handle that. Flag - or flog - the miscreants somehow.

10 minutes ago, fred200 said:

CPU and Pfiffy - you folks on Loverslab do a good job with an unruly community. I salute you.

A bigger concern is sites other than Lovaerslab that flat steal mods from here and present them as their own.

Case in point: Sexy Bandit Captives. That mod was flat stolen from here, contrary to all license restrictions.

I wish you folks could come up with some way to handle that. Flag - or flog - the miscreants somehow.

We had many cases like this.

The problem is that we have zero power to control other sites (we have good agreements with other modding sites, including Nexus.)

There was somebody that steal a ton of mods from here, packed them, and sold them on Patreon for hundred of dollars.

Patreon, also if ton of people reported the DMCA infringement, did nothing and left the stolen mod on their site.

On 1/30/2020 at 5:37 PM, anghelos92 said:

/Rant mode

Reveal hidden contents

Because I am very pissed with this community as a whole, let me explain:

It is since 2017 that I am modding New Vegas, Skyrim and Fallout 4. Generally, I keep my modification for myself but in the case of MCG I decided to share it. Since the beginning I gave the most open of the licenses, I even allowed the possibility to upload forks of it without my involvement, I tried at best of my possibilities to give technical support, I always accepted critics and fixed bug reports from those that submitted them to me in a civil and sensible manner...and yet there is always some bitch around that insult me for some technical detail he doesn't understand, for project choices that differ from their personal tastes, for some mod incompatibility that only he has but he feels entitled to degrade the time I spent on providing a free mod for all of you. Now with this, I don't want to show me as some special asshole because I've seen this kind of rude behavior and unrespectful attitude towards mod authors in many other support topics, there are mod authors that must deal with much worse disrespect than what I dealt with, the only difference is that I decided to take a firm position, I don't care if more people will hate me because I feel to be in the moral right on this matter, I cannot stand to even a small portion of people insulting what I have provided them for free if the rest, majority of community, stay silent about it, as that would be a matter that doesn't involve them. If you see anyone disrespecting a mod author you must answer and take a position, they create the mods that you use and make your games better, the reason for you using this site in first place! But I see most don't care, even moderators have a too much lassaiz fare attitude about this diffuse rude behavior even if one of the main rules of this site is to not piss off or insult mod authors who really are the only reason for this site to exist. "Qui tacit consentit". So I am gradually disengaging and as the community didn't care so I don't care anymore, I don't see any reasons to continue to spend any fraction of my free time for this community or sharing more of my mods with it.

/Rant mode off

TL:DR

I feel this community has abused my patience too much already, I am not exposing myself an inch more to disrespect and insults expecially for conversions that I can't even directly control the quality of, being not involved in them.

Oh I can understand you. People should differiantiate who did the conversion.

For me it works and I didn't find any bugs yet.

But to be save: Is it save to remove the mod midgame? I played like 60h with the save. Restarting the mod in MCM, creating a clean save and remove the invalid entries in the save with Resaver afterwards?

5 hours ago, Zertos said:

But to be save: Is it save to remove the mod midgame? I played like 60h with the save. Restarting the mod in MCM, creating a clean save and remove the invalid entries in the save with Resaver afterwards?

That's what I did to remove it, it's fine.

19 hours ago, Zertos said:

If it is working then I would recommend not to remove it during an ongoing game. If you remove it from your load order all the mods loaded after it will change their location, which may cause problems because that information is baked into the save file. These problems doesn't necessarily happen immediately so it could be hard to notice. If you want to remove this mid-game then do as instructed, but install some dummy mod or a non scripted mod at the same place in the load order where the esp of this mod was so that there's no save where the location of this mod's esp is empty.