SE Compatibility Tracking (Apr 23)

1 hour ago, JuliusXX said:

If it is working then I would recommend not to remove it during an ongoing game. If you remove it from your load order all the mods loaded after it will change their location, which may cause problems because that information is baked into the save file. These problems doesn't necessarily happen immediately so it could be hard to notice. If you want to remove this mid-game then do as instructed, but install some dummy mod or a non scripted mod at the same place in the load order where the esp of this mod was so that there's no save where the location of this mod's esp is empty.

That is one of the many rules invented by the Skyrim Community without any foundation. Read the entire post.

If we can change the order of the plugings, at any time and without any consequence, is because change the code of the plugings, in an ongoing game, is not a problem to the game.

Then, any pluging can be added or removed, at any time and without any consequence, because Skyrim can make it whitout any problem.

The use of empty plugings to preserve the codes of the plugings not have any sense.

Add or remove a MASTER, with ESM extension, changes the order code of all ESP files and that is not a problem for the game. If a problem arises, it is caused by a mod that is poorly developed. But it is not caused because Skyrim cannot do it correctly.

No one has been able to prove otherwise and, of course, the clean save technique is totally secure.

2 hours ago, GenioMaestro said:

That is one of the many rules invented by the Skyrim Community without any foundation. Read the entire post.

If we can change the order of the plugings, at any time and without any consequence, is because change the code of the plugings, in an ongoing game, is not a problem to the game.

Then, any pluging can be added or removed, at any time and without any consequence, because Skyrim can make it whitout any problem.

The use of empty plugings to preserve the codes of the plugings not have any sense.

Add or remove a MASTER, with ESM extension, changes the order code of all ESP files and that is not a problem for the game. If a problem arises, it is caused by a mod that is poorly developed. But it is not caused because Skyrim cannot do it correctly.

No one has been able to prove otherwise and, of course, the clean save technique is totally secure.

I'd like to believe this.  Perhaps I didn't follow all that linked discussion correctly, but it seemed that some of the argument indicated that the game would just figure out the correct load order the next time it all started and fix it, but I see index placement values of plugins baked into the save games when I view the data with a save editor.  I can see those values change when the load order is changed, and those changes are carried forward into new savegames from that point in time forward. I can compare save games and see the load orders differences with Wrye Bash.  If the game were correcting the load order on start, I'd expect the load written to new saves to be corrected.  To be clear, I'm talking about changes in load order only, not adding or removing mods.

Without any data other than anecdotal to back this up, I have seen what I believe to be evidence of scripted mods reinitializing as if they were being loaded for the very 1st time.  I'm talking about those unique startup messages you see mods display when starting a new game, but you don't see when you load a later savegame.

Before I connected those messages for what they seemed to be, I would often later notice a mod would be behaving unexpectedly or failing to operate...sometimes MCM settings would be missing/reset or non-functional.  As a result of those experiences, which I have always seemed able to trace back to an unexpected change in my load order, I'd theorized that scripted mods were forced to reinitialize when their stored object references suddenly changed.  I took that to mean that all the defined objects and variables ceased to exist in the new memory space/load position and so the mod tries to start again.

Again, anecdotal, but it has been seemingly consistent in my experience that maintaining the original load order placement seemed to be very critical related to scripted quest mods. 

2 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

I'd like to believe this.

Trust me. I would never say that in public if I could not certify and demostrate it without any kind of doubt.

I play the same savegame for more than a year, I am at level 144 and my savegame has the number 3268.

I have changed my list of plugings hundreds and hundreds of times and, of course, I have cleaned up my savegame, almost every week, for more than an entire year.

I have never had a serious problem. The only problems I've seen are in exact and specific mods that are badly programmed.

2 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

a mod

YES ... That can happen in some specific mods. But why does not happen in ALL the mods?

The only possible explanation is: That mod has a problem = Inform the developer.

The stupidity of "Not change your load order in midd-game to avoid problems" and "Start a New Game every time you add a mod or have a problem" makes no sense.

How many mods do you know that require starting a New Game? Requiem, SkyRe and similar.

How many mods say on their web page: "If you change your load order, this mod not work" = 0

So why does the entire Skyrim Community have that stupid idea inside their heads? Please, remove it.

1 hour ago, GenioMaestro said:

Trust me. I would never say that in public if I could not certify and demostrate it without any kind of doubt.

I play the same savegame for more than a year, I am at level 144 and my savegame has the number 3268.

I have changed my list of plugings hundreds and hundreds of times and, of course, I have cleaned up my savegame, almost every week, for more than an entire year.

I have never had a serious problem. The only problems I've seen are in exact and specific mods that are badly programmed.

YES ... That can happen in some specific mods. But why does not happen in ALL the mods?

The only possible explanation is: That mod has a problem = Inform the developer.

The stupidity of "Not change your load order in midd-game to avoid problems" and "Start a New Game every time you add a mod or have a problem" makes no sense.

How many mods do you know that require starting a New Game? Requiem, SkyRe and similar.

How many mods say on their web page: "If you change your load order, this mod not work" = 0

So why does the entire Skyrim Community have that stupid idea inside their heads? Please, remove it.

So, how would one of these "bad" mods get fixed?  What do they need to change?  I'm not going to roll up on some mod author and say "Your mod is bad because..." and leave this or your other conversation as a link for why, because neither one of us is bringing any hard facts to the conversation.

6 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

So, how would one of these "bad" mods get fixed?  What do they need to change?  I'm not going to roll up on some mod author and say "Your mod is bad because..." and leave this or your other conversation as a link for why, because neither one of us is bringing any hard facts to the conversation.

That depend of the exact mod and must be corrected by the developer. The user can make nothing.

Talking about your exact example, the messagebox you get some times in some mods, can be caused when the developer not make a correct control of the version update. Other motive can be that the game, some times, under specific circunstances like changes in the load order, send an incorrect OnInit() message but every expert developer must know that and must control it.

If the problem is a simple messagebox whitout any consecuence ignore it. But if the mod make a total restart and lost the progress you must report the problem as severe because the problem, normally, is in the scripts of the mod that show that messagebox and only a developer can solve the problem.

5 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

That depend of the exact mod and must be corrected by the developer. The user can make nothing.

Talking about your exact example, the messagebox you get some times in some mods, can be caused when the developer not make a correct control of the version update. Other motive can be that the game, some times, under specific circunstances like changes in the load order, send an incorrect OnInit() message but every expert developer must know that and must control it.

If the problem is a simple messagebox whitout any consecuence ignore it. But if the mod make a total restart and lost the progress you must report the problem as severe because the problem, normally, is in the scripts of the mod that show that messagebox and only a developer can solve the problem.

What I'm saying here is that no mod author is going to take this seriously without you being able to point out what aspects are causing the problem and how they should do it so that it doesn't.  Without that information, this is all anecdotal info and the fact that mods like those do exist is still the reason to continue operating as if load order does matter.  Without some programmatic examples, the fact that most mods seem able to recover from a reordering doesn't mean that damage to your game environment hasn't happened as a result of those order changes and you've simply yet to encounter it (or it no longer matters to your playthru...finished quests, etc.).

1 hour ago, 4nk8r said:

What I'm saying here is that no mod author is going to take this seriously without you being able to point out what aspects are causing the problem and how they should do it so that it doesn't.  Without that information, this is all anecdotal info and the fact that mods like those do exist is still the reason to continue operating as if load order does matter.  Without some programmatic examples, the fact that most mods seem able to recover from a reordering doesn't mean that damage to your game environment hasn't happened as a result of those order changes and you've simply yet to encounter it (or it no longer matters to your playthru...finished quests, etc.).

I understand your position and it makes a lot of sense. But I think we can not continue talking about this problem in this post because doesn't have a relation with it, this is SSE conversion tracking.

Send me a PM or start another topic or use my old topic. If you have located that exact problem in some of your mods, send me a download link. I can examine the scripts and solve the problem. In addition, I can create diferent versions of a test mod for demostrate the problem and the solution.

Spoiler
50 minutes ago, GenioMaestro said:

I understand your position and it makes a lot of sense. But I think we can not continue talking about this problem in this post because doesn't have a relation with it, this is SSE conversion tracking.

Send me a PM or start another topic or use my old topic. If you have located that exact problem in some of your mods, send me a download link. I can examine the scripts and solve the problem. In addition, I can create diferent versions of a test mod for demostrate the problem and the solution.

Can you take a look at the code of Devious Training, I had start a new game since I could not clear the stack dumps it created even after uninstalling it through ReSaver. More than 500 stack dumps in my save from the script dt2main.

20 minutes ago, Tron91 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Can you take a look at the code of Devious Training, I had start a new game since I could not clear the stack dumps it created even after uninstalling it through ReSaver. More than 500 stack dumps in my save from the script dt2main.

Seems that you not report the problem in the support topic of the mod in the last days, or maybe i not see it.

I only make that search to get more detailed info about your problem

But send me a PM with the log of the problem and, if posible, a savegame.

This is not the correct topic for this problem.

44 minutes ago, Tron91 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be that many stack dumps from a single mod to begin with. It sounds like he was right and the mod is just poorly coded...

6 minutes ago, Lucifeller said:

I'm pretty sure there shouldn't be that many stack dumps from a single mod to begin with. It sounds like he was right and the mod is just poorly coded...

Stack dumps happen as well with overloaded papyrus engine (too many scripted events).  Framerate and havok timeslices have much to do with papyrus performance.

1 hour ago, GenioMaestro said:

I've followed the original topic, but I've also said all I have to say about this and we both seem to understand each other's positions, so I'll leave it at that until you can produce more data on how to correct those misbehaving mods.

Spoiler
5 hours ago, GenioMaestro said:

Seems that you not report the problem in the support topic of the mod in the last days, or maybe i not see it.

I only make that search to get more detailed info about your problem

But send me a PM with the log of the problem and, if posible, a savegame.

This is not the correct topic for this problem.

I emptied my Save Game folder, luckily I have one of the Papyrus logs which was after I tried to clean the stack dumps after I had uninstalled the mods. And I would like to mention that the Author had himself/herself quoted in the Support Thread to just deactivate and uninstall the mod, but not clean it with ReSaver. I will send you the Log file in a PM.

oh wait, hold on, I forgot some stuff... updated

fuckkk

not demoting MNC for the mesh bug because that's one small issue compared to the lots of stuff the mod adds

WTFK ?
Vortex or MO2 even more posts about missing mods or incorrectly unpacked archives that break the entire build of the game to hell.

4.jpg

since 2012, I have been using NMM and this mod Manager failed me only in one case - I killed the NMM process,and it in turn turned over the list of installed mods, thereby losing contact with the archives.

I tell you the truth,since NMM switch over to Github its hasn't been the same.An to be truthful i don't have the energy to sit in front of my PC an re-download all those mods-reinstall them,just to come back the next day an see the mods i spent 10 hours perfecting to be gone AGIN.PLZZZZ nexus get NMM back from Github i dont think they know what there doing.

23 hours ago, GenioMaestro said:

Your discussion is very interesting.

Unfortunatelly in my case my savegames break if I remove the MCG conversion and it won't load anymore ("Save is damaged"). :( 

6 minutes ago, Zertos said:

Your discussion is very interesting.

Unfortunatelly in my case my savegames break if I remove the MCG conversion and it won't load anymore ("Save is damaged"). :( 

That is a common problem in Skyrim when we remove mods from the running game.

One option is start a New Game and, while you are in the Alternate Start cell, try load the current savegame.

Other option is open the console while you are in the Main Menu and type "coc qasmoque" and when you are in the qasmoke cell try load your current savegame.

If the two metods fail can be because the savegame was made in a bad moment.

Enable the mod again and load your savegame. Go to any small interior cell, like BrezeHome, whitout followers, is recomend go alone, look a wall in first person and save your game 3 consecutive times.

Remove the mod and try load any of that 3 savegames using all the metods, normal load, load after new game and load after qasmoke.

If none works can be because your game is not correctly configured. Revise that you have all the necesary tools.