Should I switch from oldrim to SE

On 3/31/2019 at 1:44 PM, Centrophy said:

For SSE.

ESL flags make modding past the 254 limit a lot easier without having to merge everything and break shit. I followed Lexy's LOTD guide for this go around and it works quite well though there are some head scratching choices that I am currently modifying out (UNP vs CBBE SE, Sacrosanct vs Better Vampires, no SOS, ugly cartoony enb preset, not enough ESL flags, etc.). I'm not a huge fan of Ordinator. It's pretty annoying how immersive first person view isn't working right now due to .net script framework not being updated (joy of Perspective sucks, sorry). It's also running like crap through vorpx but I'm sure that's fixable.

I'm also modding Skyrim VR since that seems to run better for VR but has even less support. A lot of the things for SSE work but many don't. LAL doesn't really work. SexLab doesn't work and Flower Girls gives all encounters a weird 3rd person out of body experience which is not what I'm looking for.

Honestly, I'd stick with OldRim for more mods that I'm interested in working right out of the box if I wasn't completely sick of 8 years of CTD's scarring me for life. I can't believe it's been almost 10 years of messing with this game and I've only ever beat the main quest and the DLC's once.

Have you used the enhanced camera port (improved camera)? You don't need .net script framework for it, in fact they're actually incompatible. It's better than immersive first person view imo.

Only if those LE mods have been converted over to work with SE you can't just take a LE mod and throw it into your SE game and expect it to work it doesn't work that way as SE has a different set up from LE so LE mods have to be first converted to work with SE.

Figured I'd put this question in here instead of making a new thread.

1. Is there any advantage in using SSEs version of the CBBE body over keeping with UUNP? Like, has it higher polycount, better bending or anything?

2. For Oldrim, I am a proponent of the S.T.E.P. Guide (S.T.E.P. Extended in my case). Since they don't have an official guide for SE, does anybody know of an up-to-date guide that follows the same base idea S.T.E.P. has? (Updating and enhancing the base game while staying as lore friendly and close to vanilla as feasible.)

23 hours ago, Twycross448 said:

Figured I'd put this question in here instead of making a new thread.

1. Is there any advantage in using SSEs version of the CBBE body over keeping with UUNP? Like, has it higher polycount, better bending or anything?

2. For Oldrim, I am a proponent of the S.T.E.P. Guide (S.T.E.P. Extended in my case). Since they don't have an official guide for SE, does anybody know of an up-to-date guide that follows the same base idea S.T.E.P. has? (Updating and enhancing the base game while staying as lore friendly and close to vanilla as feasible.)

1. This one is actually a hard question to answer. In theory CBBE 2 has a higher poly count, blah-blah-blah. I've seen claims that it can emulate UUNP with ease. But I've never seen it emulating something resembling a trained, muscular body that wouldn't look ridiculous with a 2H sworn in hands. All CBBE presets for SSE (just as the ones for FO4) still have that distinct CBBE "pine-up" flavor to them, even those "7B lookalikes" - those are still CBBE with bigger boobs and thicker hips.

So I guess it comes down to the old question of aesthetics. If you are okay with CBBE - go for it, the new one isn't that much different from CBBE we had on LE. But if someone could prove me wrong - I wouldn't mind.

22 hours ago, phillout said:

1. This one is actually a hard question to answer. In theory CBBE 2 has a higher poly count, blah-blah-blah. I've seen claims that it can emulate UUNP with ease. But I've never seen it emulating something resembling a trained, muscular body that wouldn't look ridiculous with a 2H sworn in hands. All CBBE presets for SSE (just as the ones for FO4) still have that distinct CBBE "pine-up" flavor to them, even those "7B lookalikes" - those are still CBBE with bigger boobs and thicker hips.

So I guess it comes down to the old question of aesthetics. If you are okay with CBBE - go for it, the new one isn't that much different from CBBE we had on LE. But if someone could prove me wrong - I wouldn't mind.

Well I'm not good at seeing a difference between CBBE LE and CBBE SE.  But I do play SE and don't miss LE, but I use the CBBE created for SE, and what I like the most about it is all the armors that have been converted and ported, come with bodyslide files, so you can make the outfits fit perfectly with your custom body shape.  Sun Jeong for example releases her ports for SE with bodyslide files on this forum.  So that is mainly the reason why I like CBBE SE.  The only thing I really want that LE has is a new UUNP body supported by the newer bodyslide program.  A UUNP body has been ported a long time ago.  But there are hardly any outfits for it on SE.

So apparently some oldrim mods cannot be used on SE. I'm currently not sure which version I need to get as I am not sure which sex mods I would be able to get on SE (if any). I remember watching a video where someone was having there characters have intercourse with other species i.e giants, trolls. orcs etc. Would that happen to be on SE or is it only on oldrim? I'm aware that there is more mods on oldrim, but are the ones that are on SE worth while? hanks in advance for any help!

I just recently (as in yesterday) made the switch from Flowergirls for Special Edition to Sexlab, so I'm by no means an expert, but this thread seems to keep pretty good track of what is and isn't availible in SE. I don't use creatures myself, as it's not my thing, but it's in the list of working modules so you should be able to get it working, although some of the mods actually triggering those animations might not be availible.

3 hours ago, Kashked said:

I just recently (as in yesterday) made the switch from Flowergirls for Special Edition to Sexlab, so I'm by no means an expert, but this thread seems to keep pretty good track of what is and isn't availible in SE. I don't use creatures myself, as it's not my thing, but it's in the list of working modules so you should be able to get it working, although some of the mods actually triggering those animations might not be availible.

Thanks! Appreciate the help. I’m not the best at finding my way through these forums lol

Basically, almost of the mods are already there for SE, so you don’t need to be afraid and you just have to collect everything you need in advance on a piece of paper and in a separate folder on your computer. And then just install one at a time and watch "like it or not" ..  Most of all files are either here or on Nexus. Everything else will then stick itself and find :) don`t worry about it. 

all i can say is i have found SE so much more forgiving for noob's like me. i broke all my LE builds after about 20 hours. 

From a total amatuer's perspective SE is so much more stable. yes i learned a lot from breaking and rebuilding my games, but trust me SE is the tits for noobzzz.

i don't use HDT and jiggly physic's stuff i'm just happy that my game run's and run's well. 

SE save files seem to not get so upset when LOOT reorder's things when i add mod's. and i never remove a mod without going back to the save before a added it.

love SE.

SE is 100% the way to go for an ambitious NSFW modded Skyrim, especially if graphics are your priority. Saying this after 2000+ hours of mega-modded oldrim, and 300+ of SE. Not only are many of the best sexlab mods already ported/have native versions for SE, but a good number of the mods you will find listed here under Oldrim (even some that explicitly claim not to be SE compatible) will work right out of the box for SE. As more mod authors wake up to the advantages of SE, things may improve even further.

Add to that the fact that many sexlab mods that I like are quite script-intensive, and benefit from SE 64 bit in performance and stability. It's also nice to be able to ram as many high detail textures (4k waifus) and models as you want into a SE setup without worrying about hitting the program's memory limit and crashing by default.

The three main arguments you could make for LE are:

HDT (CBPC is just fine imo, and doesn't suck your performance)

Certain ENB settings (more than compensated for by the fact that, if you have a decent card, you can afford to have bigger textures, higher game settings, and still get bigger FPS)

Slavetats and mods that utilise it (bummer for some, but hardly a dealbreaker)

Just a tip if you are new to modding and just want some pretty vanilla sex-mods... Flowergirls, availible on the nexus, is a lot easier to set up and get working. But since you asked specifically for creatures it might not be what you want. 

It's like the difference between a Mac (FG) and a PC (SL). FG will work out of the box, and work well, but your options and customability is less, while SL takes a bit more to set up to your needs, but once you have it working well you can fit it a lot better to your personal needs and wants.

4 hours ago, nemocdt said:

all i can say is i have found SE so much more forgiving for noob's like me. i broke all my LE builds after about 20 hours. 

From a total amatuer's perspective SE is so much more stable. yes i learned a lot from breaking and rebuilding my games, but trust me SE is the tits for noobzzz.

i don't use HDT and jiggly physic's stuff i'm just happy that my game run's and run's well. 

SE save files seem to not get so upset when LOOT reorder's things when i add mod's. and i never remove a mod without going back to the save before a added it.

love SE.

quote myself..... i'm running 

defeat.

amourous adventures

sexlab solutions

pahe.

random sex

aggressive prostitution (+phiffy's addon's, thankyou!! but i cant tell the difference between AA and Ap+, working well!!!)

hentai creatures

more nasty critters

fuck em up

match maker

combat sex shout

estrus

display model

deadly drain.

Zaz 8.0+

sexlab tools 

poser hotkey's 

these are really just the base for LL adventures. 

along side, sacrosanct, dark envoy, wildcat and 238 odd other address's on SE. 

only display model gets pissed at deadly drain, defeat and pahe  but thats operator error. SE rocks try that lot on with LE straight out of Riverwood.....

couldn't have done it without the LL community! SE rock's

(say's the guy with no slavetats, Smp-hdt, DD, overlay's and frankensteined schlong's and racemenu) still pumping pure skyrim 60fps fucking and fighting everywhere.

shoutout to mini need's i couldnt piss off mountains and bridges without you.

10 hours ago, Kashked said:

Just a tip if you are new to modding and just want some pretty vanilla sex-mods... Flowergirls, availible on the nexus, is a lot easier to set up and get working. But since you asked specifically for creatures it might not be what you want. 

It's like the difference between a Mac (FG) and a PC (SL). FG will work out of the box, and work well, but your options and customability is less, while SL takes a bit more to set up to your needs, but once you have it working well you can fit it a lot better to your personal needs and wants.

Thanks Kashked! I will check it out. Also its not that I specifically want creatures, I actually prefer the basic stuff. It would just be nice if the need should arise.

I now have Skyrim SE, but adding mods this is much different than what I'm use to... I know I need Nexus Mod Manager and I have it installed, but I'm not sure what else I need or even how to use the mods. I'm still fairly new to all of this, so if anyone could help me with a step-by-step that'd be much appreciated.

13 hours ago, easims4tw said:

I now have Skyrim SE, but adding mods this is much different than what I'm use to... I know I need Nexus Mod Manager and I have it installed, but I'm not sure what else I need or even how to use the mods. I'm still fairly new to all of this, so if anyone could help me with a step-by-step that'd be much appreciated.

Switch to mod organizer, it's much more convenient and loads faster than Nexus.   

48 minutes ago, Kain82 said:

I know after I posted a request thread I was told how very easy it is to do. :)

Link to thread? Now I'm curious about what clothes it is ?