2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I'm still using 0.70c, and magic crime works fine in that.

Did it just stop working in d?

You mean with the actual spells or is it the staffs cause I do get fined for those for some reason (cause I have weapon fines checked as well? dunno.) but wielding flame healing spells without does nothing.

Edit: Nevermind it suddenly decided to work now.

Maybe it was less noticeable since I decreased my timescale to 10 instead of 20.

The tricky part with combat mod I find is essential PC. No mod seems to be able to get it perfectly. Defeat works on first knock down majority of the time, but subsequent knock down will likely actually kill PC, so back to reloading. DA has issues with soft locking the game and bugged out non stop near death heartbeat sound effect sometimes.

I do think an assault without major consequence (or variable consequence) mechanic is valuable and could be expand upon, but to make it complete will probably require some sort of struggle mechanic and animations.

6 hours ago, SleepyJim said:

but honestly, getting killed and having to reload, [...] just tends to annoy me.

2 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

I think Teutonic has it the right way around, consequences first, then defeat mechanics. Consequences have uses beyond defeat, and defeat without consequences is pretty much a solved problem already.

I agree, this is the right path.

I am (still) playing with DAYMOL since I can get those semi-randomly consequences that suit my playstyle with it.

I don't like reloading, but finding myself miraculously spared from death and being able to keep on playing is nice.

If SLAdv adds more consequences, I would be happy. Aaaaand am tempted to watch out if it might be a "migrating path". First step is to play DAYMOL and SLADV in parallel for the job and with a later version of SLAdv to be able to drop DAYMOL completely. But I wouldn't mind if it's just the first step and SLAdv simply adds more consequences to the spectrum. :classic_happy:

3 hours ago, afa said:

The tricky part with combat mod I find is essential PC. No mod seems to be able to get it perfectly. Defeat works on first knock down majority of the time, but subsequent knock down will likely actually kill PC, so back to reloading. DA has issues with soft locking the game and bugged out non stop near death heartbeat sound effect sometimes.

Defeat is doing this on purpose though. You can, to some extent, set it up so it will let you take a lot more of a beating before death.

In DA ... yeah ... all kinds of bugs.

In DCL essential PC is unkillable, but there are plenty of times that reloading would be easier.

I tend to find the biggest problems with DCL are when it sends you to Simple Slavery, and those problems are SS problems, not DCL's.

Defeat doesn't fare any better with SS.

It's not uncommon for me that an SS outcome is so broken that there is nothing for it but to give up and reload an older save.

Kimy has an aversion to struggle mechanics, as she conflates them with key-mashing games (because Defeat presumably) but there are simpler and less tedious options available. For this reason, no struggles possible in DCL. A pity.

It would at least be nice to have a properly functional combat defeat with good consequences that has a struggle mechanic that is less dumb than Defeat.

In Defeat, difficulty isn't difficulty, it's just time down. It's trivial to mash the keys faster than Defeat checks them, so it's a non-game, even by its own weak standards.

Or in the other variant, it's supposed to be stamina dependent, but despite having all the stamina loss turned on, I always seem to be able to mash through that one almost instantly. Probably a bug.

I'd be happy enough with just hitting left+right strafe together once, within in a time window, to fight off a rape.  Either you have enough stamina, or ... you don't. Either way the stamina is burned, so there's a penalty.

Something like that sort of mechanic would be enough for me. That way if I feel the defeat is "fair" I won't bother resisting, and if it seems stupid, or the result of random lag etc, then I can resist. There are some defeats, you just know you could never win it without a serious rethink of the fight, and others, you just got cheap and tried to rush it instead of playing safe, and lose by a percent. In the latter case, a resist might be worth a shot.

Hidden rant about SS in spoiler.

Spoiler

One thing I seriously want to do ... but it's a matter of time ... if somebody else gets there first I'll be super happy ... is to go in and FIX the worst of the glaring problems with SS. If SS worked more often than not, that would make it so much more useful. Back when I had time, it wasn't an option, but now SS is officially open to do what you want.

Lozeak did a bit to improve it, but it's still pretty much awful.

Device stripping needs to happen before you even go on the block, so it doesn't strip its own devices.

It needs to not add about five random sets of devices to you, so when you're finally sold you don't have an inventory full of DD and Zaz items it failed to fit.

It needs to hand you over to your new master without any devices on, so the target mod doesn't get all messed up.

If you have DD quest items, they need to go in a chest in the AH for recovery later.

Followers need to be properly cleaned up. Lozeak fixed it for the vanilla follower at least, but follower-frameworks are still nowhere.

If SD+ is installed it needs to handle you being a spriggan (try that one for a laugh - green sex juice all over the AH).

And most basically, auctions need to complete properly and not just hang up about half the time.

A few touches of actual immersion would be a plus of course.

Like having the characters you could be sold to present, or bidding that makes any kind of sense.

Or the ability to sell DCL slaves through the AH... But now I'm talking crazy.

Anyway, if I was fixing it. I'd just take the AH asset, possibly the NPCs, and the API design (to keep compatability), and dump the code base in the bin; it would be quicker to replace it than fix it. And even the AH asset needs its portals, visibility and pathing fixed.

As it is, if it just cleaned up my DD items, put quest items in a chest, and sent me directly to my new master without the stupid auction, I'd be happy.

1 minute ago, Lupine00 said:

Yes, with the spells. A simple candlelight spell is enough to get me in trouble.

Just how dark is your Skyrim to need a candlelight spell? I kind of figured out the mod wasn't checking enough to get me in trouble. My time runs half as fast as the vanilla Skyrim. That and I kinda thought using spells meant having them equipped/out (Mod idea?).

I suspect I've given all the combat sex mods a try at one point or another - the ones I know of at least. I did indeed disable all the "bad" consequences in Cursed Loot so that I would always just be able to carry on after an assault, maybe ported back to the start of the current area, but I couldn't find any way to avoid being dumped somewhere random in the hogtie mini game. And I also find Defeat has a nasty habit of just killing my character rather than assaulting her. (That's partly, I'd guess, because I never activate creature animations, so creatures probably remain deadly.)

I'm currently using Naked Dungeons - and disabling the naked dungeons part of it - which drops me in some Zaz furniture after an attack and leaves me to wriggle out (pretty much instantly, rather than the Dcur hogtie frustration) and then carry on playing.

While small or even no consequences as an option would be welcome for me, I'm certainly interested in proper consequences as well. Looking forward to seeing how it works out. More options are always welcome.

6 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

You can get more or less exactly what you describe from DCL combat defeat. Just disable all the bad options, and you're left with port to start at worst.

Also, Defeat can be configured to have no post defeat consequences, in which case after a bit of raping, you just get up and stagger off.

The most compelling reason to add a new combat defeat system is to add new and different consequences, as existing mods don't seem to be offering advances in that area. Defeat is not developed, and DCL hasn't added anything significant through all of 6 (and no sign of anything in 7). DAYMOYL is a trainwreck so I don't even count that.

The main reason to add a toothless defeat mechanic is for people who don't want to use an existing defeat mod.

I can see you might want a new defeat mod available, just because the others aren't fixing stuff or pushing new features.

I think Teutonic has it the right way around, consequences first, then defeat mechanics. Consequences have uses beyond defeat, and defeat without consequences is pretty much a solved problem already.

Just one thing to add about DCL's combat defeat, if I may

If, on combat defeat, as I seem to have found out, DCL doesn't then find your opponent as a valid character for a SexLab scene (eg Rieklings, and probably anything else coming out of Skyrim's addons, Dragonborn etc, and an unknown number of creature types etc), then it will not select and play any Sexlab/SLAL animations.  Instead, your PC will just stand there, heal, and recover to fight again. 

So what?  Well, If this happens to a low level PC, and you have a wilderness encounter with a large number of enemies, especially if they are bunch of higher powered ones, if your combat outcomes are also not set up to 'move' you any place else, you end up in an endless loop of getting 'beaten unconscious', regaining health, and immediately getting beaten down again.  Ad infinitum.  You might get ported back to the start in a dungeon, but in the great outdoors, you're pretty much dependent on just reloading the save and going someplace else to avoid the punch up

In the same scenario, latest updated Defeat, without DAYMOYL, will select valid animations, and you can set recovery times etc to give some feasible chance of, eventually, winning

34 minutes ago, SleepyJim said:

I suspect I've given all the combat sex mods a try at one point or another - the ones I know of at least. I did indeed disable all the "bad" consequences in Cursed Loot so that I would always just be able to carry on after an assault, maybe ported back to the start of the current area, but I couldn't find any way to avoid being dumped somewhere random in the hogtie mini game.

I'm pretty sure that was a bug. 

It was too long for public post, but quite some time ago I sent Kimy a 'proof' set of test scenarios, outcomes, backed by pics and logs, regarding that one and other oddities where the combat outcomes didn't trigger 'properly', and I think that she has addressed most, if not all, of those in 7.x

1 hour ago, Darkpig said:

Just how dark is your Skyrim to need a candlelight spell? I kind of figured out the mod wasn't checking enough to get me in trouble. My time runs half as fast as the vanilla Skyrim. That and I kinda thought using spells meant having them equipped/out (Mod idea?).

Ha ha. It's pretty dark. You can't see more than about ten foot in front of you at night, even with the spell. It's a combo of Enhanced Lights and FX - Interiors Only and ELE Lite, with Caffeine ENB. I also have a little patch that takes the glow effect of candelight, so it doesn't magically light up the entire screen in third-person. I also have wearable lanterns, but the lantern is not much better than the spell unless you set the radius to cheatingly huge.

Dungeons are ... dark. But the contrasts are fantastic.

I never went anywhere at night if I could help it, but there was an accident with a carriage journey while infected with vampirism, so now I rarely ever see my lovely daytime graphics, but I do have a way to see at night, if you don't mind that annoying freznel effect and motion blur on everything.

If you haven't played a dark Skyrim, you should try it. It has its ... enthusiasts.

1 hour ago, donkeywho said:

So what?  Well, If this happens to a low level PC, and you have a wilderness encounter with a large number of enemies, especially if they are bunch of higher powered ones, if your combat outcomes are also not set up to 'move' you any place else, you end up in an endless loop of getting 'beaten unconscious', regaining health, and immediately getting beaten down again.  Ad infinitum.  You might get ported back to the start in a dungeon, but in the great outdoors, you're pretty much dependent on just reloading the save and going someplace else to avoid the punch up

I suppose that might be possible in certain situations, but I've never had it happen. Maybe because I set other consequences for defeat, so one would surely trigger in that situation. Personally, I find DCL quite generous about what it will let rape you, assuming animations are present. In fact, more forgiving than my Defeat installation, which is somewhat picky. It may be that your DCL is ... broken?

With defeat, I find I get killed a lot, even with essential player. It's tolerable.

What you could do, to work around that little problem, is install SD+, and when you are beaten repeatedly, it's time to hit the SD+ surrender button. After a few days of standing about waiting to be raped, being forced to load an old save will feel like easy mode :) 

If you are Sleepy Jim and really don't want a hard game, just make the combat easier so you don't die in the first place?

Or ... use PSQ ... you're so overpowered you can breeze through anything.

Well, I guess no point if you are happy with Naked Dungeons, but I confess to having had several bad experiences with ND and game stability.

8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

The main reason to add a toothless defeat mechanic is for people who don't want to use an existing defeat mod.

I can see you might want a new defeat mod available, just because the others aren't fixing stuff or pushing new features.

You're right of course, defeat can already give a toothless defeat mechanic.

And yes there is always the hope of a new defeat mod that fixes defeat's flaws.

Where I will disagree, is that defeat without consequences is a solved problem already. It isn't, not if you want one that works with more than one type of creature and threesome/gangbang mechanics.

In any case, I wasn't asking for Teutonic to change the focus of his defeat/consequences features. I'm a big believer that creators need to make the mods they want, cos theyre doing the work and they need to do what interests or inspires them.

What I did say is, it would be really nice for players to have the option to disconnect the combat defeat feature from the consequences feature, if they so choose. It may not make sense to some posters here, but we all have our own ways of playing this game + respective kinks. Game difficulty does not even come into it.

Did it come across that I was arguing against a consequences feature? Certainly wasn't my intention.

41 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

Ha ha. It's pretty dark. You can't see more than about ten foot in front of you at night, even with the spell. It's a combo of Enhanced Lights and FX - Interiors Only and ELE Lite, with Caffeine ENB. I also have a little patch that takes the glow effect of candelight, so it doesn't magically light up the entire screen in third-person. I also have wearable lanterns, but the lantern is not much better than the spell unless you set the radius to cheatingly huge.

I can understand dungeons but I don't have my cities that dark. It is very impractical. I'm gonna to try it.?

2 hours ago, donkeywho said:

I never said anything about ND

No. But Sleepy Jim did.

You seem to have taken some comments meant for him, mostly in jest, and done ... I don't know what really ... with them. Just kind of rude basically.

As for your disagreement with my comments on DCL vs Defeat, as you provided no further detail whatsoever, and instead ... well it seems more like you got the wrong end of the stick really, or are deliberately trying to provoke an argument. I won't say any more on the matter, as apparently it's become inflammatory.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

No. But Sleepy Jim did.

You seem to have taken some comments meant for him, mostly in jest, and done ... I don't know what really ... with them. Just kind of rude basically.

As for your disagreement with my comments on DCL vs Defeat, as you provided no further detail whatsoever, and instead ... well it seems more like you got the wrong end of the stick really, or are deliberately trying to provoke an argument. I won't say any more on the matter, as apparently it's become inflammatory.

I regret that our senses of humour seem to be so far apart

Anyway, and FWIW, as you seem to be sensitive about it, I have deleted it

15 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Not to be neurotic but the magic crime system is still not functioning properly and I am using version 0.70d I have one or two spells out and nobody bats an eye. I even danced in front of the guards with two fire spells and I was only arrested for lollygagging. Lollygagging of all things! I can confirm this in Whiterun, Solitude, and I think Markarth. Could be more. Not sure.

So far I have been ❤️ your mod. I don't know if you received my previous message or not. Just wanted to let you know I care. Tootles❤️

Lollygagging should be a crime in all of Skyrim.  It should not be toggleable OFF at all.  ?‍♀️

8 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Dungeons are ... dark. But the contrasts are fantastic.

I never went anywhere at night if I could help it, but there was an accident with a carriage journey while infected with vampirism, so now I rarely ever see my lovely daytime graphics, but I do have a way to see at night, if you don't mind that annoying freznel effect and motion blur on everything.

If you haven't played a dark Skyrim, you should try it. It has its ... enthusiasts.

It also depends on your monitor and video cards.  I have the exact same game setup on two different computers but different monitors.  Despite every effort...the darkness on one monitor is such that I have to adjust the gamma very low to even see more than 3 feet around my PC at night.  On the other monitor (a Predator 144mhz monitor) I don't have that kind of trouble even with the gamma set to normal. (both monitors use the same brand video card although different cards - 980 and 1080)  

12 hours ago, Celedhring said:

Lollygagging should be a crime in all of Skyrim.  It should not be toggleable OFF at all.

If only all those annoying "bound girl" characters could get arrested for it. I'd like to see them being dragged around town by the PoP jailer.

12 hours ago, Celedhring said:

It also depends on your monitor and video cards. 

Very true. I could change my gamma so it's not dark, but it helps make the teeny-tiny Skyrim world feel bigger. With double-sized trees, and Whiterun Hold Forest, you can get totally lost within a minute's walk (real time) from Whiterun, if you don't have a map or compass.

Enforcing crimes and AI changes for NPCs...

That is a feature that would make a big difference to immersion in SLAdv. It might be prone to conflicts with other mods, but I think mostly harmless conflicts. Even if it was restricted to unique NPCs, it would get most that we care about.

INPC AI Overhaul puts most of the NPCs to bed at night, female or otherwise, so any mod that knows how to cooperate with that will have managed 90% of its conflict problems.

There are approaches, similar to Slaverun enforcer ... if the guards wander around and occasionally spot a "criminal", that target NPC can be put in a FIFO of aliases and gain "good behaviour" ... they can run off before the guards catch them, or get a telling off and perhaps appear to pay a fine. They remain in the alias that keeps them compliant with the hold laws until they pop out of the FIFO. If they are seen again, up to no good, their behaviour is fixed again. If they aren't seen, they can wander about breaking the law, but only where there are no guards.

I'm sure Teutonic has considered such a possibility and made a decision on what will deliver most value for effort, and ... this might not be it ... there is always going to be a huge wishlist.

21 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

The night is dark and full of terrors ?

But I am totally with you. Whenever I post a screenshot I have to edit a ton of gamma correction into it.

23 minutes ago, Lupine00 said:

That is a feature that would make a big difference to immersion in SLAdv. It might be prone to conflicts with other mods, but I think mostly harmless conflicts.

I fear it will not be that easy. We have veeery creative mod authors and once the damage is done it might break the game for the player. :classic_confused:

That FIFO idea sounds possible to me. Though my basic points would be

a) to make it a toggle on/off feature and

b) revocable, so that all NPC stuck in such a FIFO would be rolled back to their native behavious... maybe even teleported back at one of their default locations.

21 minutes ago, worik said:

I fear it will not be that easy. We have veeery creative mod authors and once the damage is done it might break the game for the player.

I have quite a lot of mods that "break" with INPC AIO already, but not in any way I can't tolerate. Well... I had some extreme grief with Deadly Pleasures, but even that was overcome eventually.

Some NPCs people mess with a lot. Nazeem. Carriage Drivers. Ysolda and Belethor. Elisif. There's no safe way to mess with NPCs like that. Too many mods. Too many fingers. BUT forewarned is forearmed. If you know there's a risk, you can make an informed decision.

The point of using alias FIFO is that when NPC is not in alias, they are back to how they were before, that's how alias stacking is designed.

If you could exclude NPCs easily, at runtime, that would fix it.

Now sometimes we'll find NPCs in places they shouldn't be, but that's just a Skyrim bug anyway. It happens. Don't need any mods for that at all.

3 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Enforcing crimes and AI changes for NPCs...

That is a feature that would make a big difference to immersion in SLAdv. It might be prone to conflicts with other mods, but I think mostly harmless conflicts. Even if it was restricted to unique NPCs, it would get most that we care about.

INPC AI Overhaul puts most of the NPCs to bed at night, female or otherwise, so any mod that knows how to cooperate with that will have managed 90% of its conflict problems.

There are approaches, similar to Slaverun enforcer ... if the guards wander around and occasionally spot a "criminal", that target NPC can be put in a FIFO of aliases and gain "good behaviour" ... they can run off before the guards catch them, or get a telling off and perhaps appear to pay a fine. They remain in the alias that keeps them compliant with the hold laws until they pop out of the FIFO. If they are seen again, up to no good, their behaviour is fixed again. If they aren't seen, they can wander about breaking the law, but only where there are no guards.

I'm sure Teutonic has considered such a possibility and made a decision on what will deliver most value for effort, and ... this might not be it ... there is always going to be a huge wishlist.

Wouldn't the scriptload be immense though?

b4 i redownload this and play it, does this make having a weapon in inventory mean a bounty or just equipped? o_0  and do I get a warning?

How much am I screwing myself over right out the gate this time?  ? last time the nudity curse meant I had to choose between cockflapping with 0 stamina and getting arrested.

Who wears body armor anyways?  It's outta style.

23 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

(tries to get to camp b4 sundown and fails)

What a horrible night to can't see shit captain

(gets fucked raw and mauled to death by a roaming pack of randomly-spawned werewolves while stumbling around looking for camp

21 minutes ago, Harry Smackmeat said:

b4 i redownload this and play it, does this make having a weapon in inventory mean a bounty or just equipped? o_0  and do I get a warning?

How much am I screwing myself over right out the gate this time?  ? last time the nudity curse meant I had to choose between cockflapping with 0 stamina and getting arrested.

Who wears body armor anyways?  It's outta style.

(tries to get to camp b4 sundown and fails)

What a horrible night to can't see shit captain

(gets fucked raw and mauled to death by a roaming pack of randomly-spawned werewolves while stumbling around looking for camp

I wonder what the Apropos wear and tear ratings was for your PC afterwards....lol   I mean...a pack of werewolves.  Ouch. 

21 minutes ago, Celedhring said:

I wonder what the Apropos wear and tear ratings was for your PC afterwards....lol   I mean...a pack of werewolves.  Ouch. 

idk i dont use it because it doesn't support bois.  I ended up reloading over and over and then oh great it turns out it gets better.  It's an Underworld Rise Of Lycans LARP.  Surprise, I'm enslaved by vampires and dragged from outside riverwood to Movarth's lair, to waste an entire evening with a random high end armor-clad god who does nothing but sit and complain while i power attack him in the head with a hammer and bang his thralls like the rascal I am.  Thx to my follower, who just obliviously sandboxed in camp the entire time.

I hate vampires.  I'm going to do terrible things to them with pah some day.  Ceasar's Legion shit.

5 hours ago, Lupine00 said:

Indeed there is. Making them comply with the laws is probably the most I would venture into this. AI changes, let alone arresting NPCs for crimes, just doesn't seem worth it, both in regards to development and performance, expecially when considering mod conflicts - or even conflicts with vanilla Skyrim (quests).