SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

Is it possible for SexLab to run slow if my GPU is being ran up really high by my environment/graphics mods/settings? 

Am not certain at this point anymore if it was running like this before I added ^those mods, but SexLab SE has consistently ran slower than LE, despite my SE having less total mods & less script heavy mods. I even recently cleaned & reinstalled it after switching from Beta 9 to the full version (all of this is pre AE btw) & it made no difference in performance.

To clarify what I mean by SexLab running slow, i mean the animation tab in the MCM is less responsive (even with no extra animation packs installed), the game responds to my hotkey usage very obviously slower than LE's SexLab, & it in turn is effecting other SexLab mods. Defeat & Matchmaker take far longer to start scenes than in LE & in locations where the FPS dips to at least 50, all of these slower processes get even slower. My FPS in LE could dip to the 30s & 40s in specific spots in Falkreath & these mods would still run faster than SE as if the FPS is still 60. My Skyrim LE & SE both use more or less the exact same environment/graphic mods (status & quality of SE ports notwithstanding), & my GPU runs 30-40% less high than SE on average while my CPU runs the same for both games.

Not sure what I need to provide to show what's causing this performance loss. Tried Papyrus logs in a different thread & they were cluttered by mods I long since tested as disabled & uninstalled with no change in performance. Only other thing I can think of is my mod manager's use of virtual files which no one has been able to definitively tell me whether or not that makes an actionable difference, same with having the mod manager & game on different storage drives. Any suggestions as to what I can do or what I should provide for more info is appreciated.

16 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

You and anyone having difficulties figuring this stuff out should downgrade to 1.5.97 and stay there until Bethesda calms down on the updates.  There is another already in the works that will break all the SKSE64 shit again.  It's been lingering in limbo for about 11 days now.  Not sure when it is going to finally be released, but it's going to be a brand new shitstorm that you're still not ready to handle.  Take steps to prevent Steam from updating Skyrim without your permission and keep a watch on the threads here for when it all settles down.

Man, that Skyrim downgrade sucks. At the first attempt a downgraded Skyrim stopped responsive at keyboard, at the second one it giving me a access denied to binkw64.dll message. Now I'm in no mood to try this shit again, but thanks for your answer. 

Edited by Electroraptor
18 minutes ago, Electroraptor said:

At the first attempt a downgraded Skyrim stopped responsive at keyboard, at the second one it giving me a access denied to binkw64.dll message.

Skyrim and all modding tools must be installed outside of Program Files and other protected areas of the file system. This is not optional.

Exclusions must be added to any antivirus app for the game folder, any folders containing modding tools, and the MO2 instance folder or Vortex staging folder. This is not optional, either.

23 minutes ago, Sailing Rebel said:

Skyrim and all modding tools must be installed outside of Program Files and other protected areas of the file system. This is not optional.

Exclusions must be added to any antivirus app for the game folder, any folders containing modding tools, and the MO2 instance folder or Vortex staging folder. This is not optional, either.

Program files or Program files (x86)? MO has its own folder, but Steam folder with Skyrim is installed at (x86) one. 

1 minute ago, Electroraptor said:

Program files or Program files (x86)? MO has its own folder, but Steam folder with Skyrim is installed at (x86) one. 

Any folder that was added by Windows itself should be avoided. This includes Program Files, Program Files (86), Desktop, Documents, Downloads, etc. Create your own folders, preferably in the root of a drive for shorter paths. After creating them, and before installing anything in them, add them to the AV app exclusions.

This is a YT playlist guide on modding Skyrim SE using Mod Organizer 2. It will help avoid the common early mistakes that can lead to serious issues down the line. It has a video specifically on clean install locations for Skyrim.

15 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

This is nice work.  You should put this in a spoiler in your signature.  I'm going to steal it for mine ;)

Thanks- I just did that, but the embedded video isn't embedded any more, just appears as a link. Maybe it'll resolve itself over the next few days...

Edited by Vyxenne
Because she wanted to end on a positive/hopeful note
18 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Have you noticed any pattern with which animations suffer from this, or is it random and sometimes the same animations are fine?  I remember references to animation-specific alignment issues with some older animations, but I don't remember which author's it was.  This might be what you're experiencing.

Not really. It appears to happen most often with creatures, but happens with humans as well.  The farther down the false ground is, the more likely it is that my PC gets trapped on that level though.  Could be a timing issue, I guess.

Hotkeyes in Sexlab AE dont work on me, using latest updates

Whenever I assign a key, it doesnt assign it despite saying it. When I exit, the start screen starts flashing whenever I press any button

HELP, I asked this again.

Is there not any way for me to remap the keys to change the hotkeys!

Edited by pascha237
1 hour ago, pascha237 said:

Hotkeyes in Sexlab AE dont work on me, using latest updates

Whenever I assign a key, it doesnt assign it despite saying it. When I exit, the start screen starts flashing whenever I press any button

HELP, I asked this again.

It's a known AE bug. It is not a SexLab issue. It's either skyui or skse.

You can do the following:
1. Change the key

2. Exit one time to menu and then save

3. Exit to the game and let it CTD

4. Load the game, the key will be set now from step 1.

5. Repeat until you've set all of your hotkeys.

Or revert to SE where the issue doesn't exist.

Edited by zarantha
On 12/27/2021 at 3:28 PM, Tokyoghoul67 said:

Well I guess when the SKSE64 is updated I won't be able to use the game mods. Not going to waste my time anymore with this. That's the only thing that is keeping me from playing. Thanks for everyones help on this....

20 hours ago, pascha237 said:

All you have to do is block auto-updates and revert the game to 1.5.97, which you can then play "forever." There is no pressing need for anyone to update their games to 1.6.xxx, much less allow Bethrosoft/Steam to do it without their knowledge or permission.

Edited by Vyxenne
Because The Devil made her do it
19 hours ago, zarantha said:

revert to SE where the issue doesn't exist.

Thanks so much for this- I feel like a lone voice crying out in the wilderness as the ravening hordes of force-updated players complain about the updates, desperately seeking fixes that simply don't exist while completely ignoring The One Fix To Rule Them All even though it has been posted literally everywhere, is simple and effective, and fixes all of the issues.

2 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

All you have to do is block auto-updates and revert the game to 1.5.97, which you can then play "forever." There is no pressing need for anyone to update their games to 1.6.xxx, much less allow Bethrosoft/Steam to do it without their knowledge or permission.

So the only way to block the updates is to basically take my computer off the internet because it only gives me 3 options under updates. 1. Always keep this game updated, 2. Only Update it when I launch it, and 3. High priority. Is this correct? Also, I am now getting an FNIS alert stating that it has to go into the Tools section of Vortex. I watched all of the videos on it and it doesn't explain how or where to set it up or map it to (i.e. what folder on my F drive does it go to and how to map it)

1 hour ago, Tokyoghoul67 said:

So the only way to block the updates is to basically take my computer off the internet because it only gives me 3 options under updates. 1. Always keep this game updated, 2. Only Update it when I launch it, and 3. High priority. Is this correct? Also, I am now getting an FNIS alert stating that it has to go into the Tools section of Vortex. I watched all of the videos on it and it doesn't explain how or where to set it up or map it to (i.e. what folder on my F drive does it go to and how to map it)

Steam has a mode called "offline".  No updates happen while that is in effect.  Also, renaming or moving the app manifest file for Skyrim Special Edition effectively makes Steam think Skyrim Special Edition is no longer installed.  Magic.  No more updates.  Ever.  Again.

App manifest for SSE = Valve\Steam\steamapps\appmanifest_489830.acf

I rename mine to appmanifest_489830-disabled.acf and leave it where it is.  Steam can't see the game as installed any longer.  Still shows up in your library list, but will appear uninstalled.  After playing, the Steam Library entry may appear as if it now knows SSE is installed again, but that isn't the case.  If you restart Steam, you'll see that isn't the case afterwards.

When you're ready for SSE updates again, rename the manifest to the original name and restart Steam.

For FNIS.  Download direct from NexusMods into Vortex.  Get the XXL version.  Enable.  Deploy.  Click the gear Icon along the top bar and configure FNIS for 1st time use.  Select the 1st 3 items (Gender specific Animations, Skeleton Arm Fix, File Redirection).  If you have any of the other mods that don't say "NOT AVAILABLE for SSE", select those as well.  If you're using Devious Devices, click that one at the bottom.  Save.  Don't enable options for things you don't have installed.  You'll get errors during FNIS execution. 

Go to the Vortex DASHBOARD.  Look at the section "LET'S GET YOU SET UP".  There should be a giant blue box/button that says FNIS Integration, and a yes or no underneath it.  If it says no, click it once.  It should change to yes.

Go to Settings on the left menu.  About mid way down the page is "Run FNIS on Deployment Event (if necessary)".  Make sure it is toggled and showing green with a small checkmark (off is grey with an X).

Go to MODS view.  Hit Deploy once more.  See if FNIS runs.

Edit:  If FNIS doesn't run the 2nd time, see if you show a mod in MODS view called FNIS Data.  If so, right click on that and Remove it.  Deploy again.  If FNIS integration is on, it should recreate that, run FNIS to regenerate things and magic should happen for you.

Edited by 4nk8r
5 hours ago, Tokyoghoul67 said:

So the only way to block the updates is to basically take my computer off the internet because it only gives me 3 options under updates. 1. Always keep this game updated, 2. Only Update it when I launch it, and 3. High priority. Is this correct?

If you set it to "only update when I launch it" and then never launch the game directly from Steam, only from SKSE (but make sure Steam is running before you do so), you should be able to avoid updates.

3 hours ago, axz2 said:

If you set it to "only update when I launch it" and then never launch the game directly from Steam, only from SKSE (but make sure Steam is running before you do so), you should be able to avoid updates.

This. I've been doing that for... well, since 2016 when SE launched, and I've never had a problem with it: I'm still on 1.5.97 and Steam still says it has an "unscheduled" 5.4GB update pending.

Some people have said they tried that and it upgraded anyway, but I'm highly skeptical and suspect they missed a step - probably the one about Steam having to be running before starting SKSE.

All the "you have to install outside of Program Files" (mine isn't) or "make your manifest file read-only" (mine isn't) stuff is silly.

Edited by tasairis
12 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

Steam has a mode called "offline".  No updates happen while that is in effect.  Also, renaming or moving the app manifest file for Skyrim Special Edition effectively makes Steam think Skyrim Special Edition is no longer installed.  Magic.  No more updates.  Ever.  Again.

I rename mine to appmanifest_489830-disabled.acf and leave it where it is.  Steam can't see the game as installed any longer.  Still shows up in your library list, but will appear uninstalled.  After playing, the Steam Library entry may appear as if it now knows SSE is installed again, but that isn't the case.  If you restart Steam, you'll see that isn't the case afterwards.

When you're ready for SSE updates again, rename the manifest to the original name and restart Steam.

For FNIS.  Download direct from NexusMods into Vortex.  Get the XXL version.  Enable.  Deploy.  Click the gear Icon along the top bar and configure FNIS for 1st time use.  Select the 1st 3 items (Gender specific Animations, Skeleton Arm Fix, File Redirection).  If you have any of the other mods that don't say "NOT AVAILABLE for SSE", select those as well.  If you're using Devious Devices, click that one at the bottom.  Save.  Don't enable options for things you don't have installed.  You'll get errors during FNIS execution. 

Go to the Vortex DASHBOARD.  Look at the section "LET'S GET YOU SET UP".  There should be a giant blue box/button that says FNIS Integration, and a yes or no underneath it.  If it says no, click it once.  It should change to yes.

Go to Settings on the left menu.  About mid way down the page is "Run FNIS on Deployment Event (if necessary)".  Make sure it is toggled and showing green with a small checkmark (off is grey with an X).

Edit:  If FNIS doesn't run the 2nd time, see if you show a mod in MODS view called FNIS Data.  If so, right click on that and Remove it.  Deploy again.  If FNIS integration is on, it should recreate that, run FNIS to regenerate things and magic should happen for you.

Ok, just did this. Does the attached pic mean that it is good to go? Also, I am about to install bodyslide. How do I do that?

Capture.JPG

12 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

And do I also uncheck these as well?

Capture1.JPG

Anyone run into these problems?

Beta 8:  Males bounce around and repeatedly ragdoll during the alignment teleport phase.  Animation starts but is completely misaligned / broken (male is halfway in the floor).

Beta 9:  PC disappears at the end of an animation (invisible and lying on the ground, unable to recover).   

SLSO?  STA?  Defeat?  SLUtil bug?  A generic bugfix going nuts?  Not sure what is triggering it.  

I'll do the digging/debugging, just looking for any ideas on where to start from someone who had a similar problem.

Edited by blackoperations

I'm trying to get  Sexlab (AEv_164b) to work in Skyrim VR and I'm running into that papyrus utility error. I take it this because of the AE 1.6.323 to 1.6.342 update and the solution is to 1.) wait for a new update, or 2.) Go back to the earlier version of Skyrim. Do I have that right? I'm not too fond of "FlowerGirls".

Getting the Quest 2 has renewed my interest in Skyrim lol. I'm surprised there isn't a flood of people coming here who got those for Christmas. 

It would be great to get "I'll take the Display Model" working.  Animations specifically designed for VR would be great too, but right now I feel NPCs just holding a position while I do all the work in 1st person is the way to go.  

2 hours ago, Lothar123 said:

I'm trying to get  Sexlab (AEv_164b) to work in Skyrim VR and I'm running into that papyrus utility error.

It won't work as is. It would have to be rebuilt for Skyrim VR, as the SKSE plugins (SexLabUtil and PapyrusUtil) need to be compiled specifically for VR.

For Skyrim VR you'll have to use the old SexLab Light instead of the current framework. Or with some painful tweaking, you can get VorpX to work decently enough with Skyrim SE and SexLab.

Check https://www.loverslab.com/forum/199-virtual-reality/ if you really want to get it working one way or the other.