SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

5 hours ago, Dutchu said:

Thanks. 
Sorry, but I'm quite new and was thinking that at the end of a post are all the links.

No worries. Every mod "download" has a thread associated with it, but when you're in one of those threads it's not necessarily obvious that's you are. Even more so with very active threads like this one that have a life of their own.

I'm on SE with the AE update from steam so i'm on 1.6.323 with address library,etc but still get the error of Papyrusutil and sexlabutil saying the library needs updated (1.64b) I spent hours trying different versions and i'm at a loss. If I use the Sexlab framework 1.6.3 version I get into game but says sexlabutil is outdated or missing. I have tried clean installing several times only using the required mods to get sexlab working as well as various combinations but no avail. My SKSE is on 2.1.3

2 hours ago, lol4530 said:

I'm on SE with the AE update from steam so i'm on 1.6.323 with address library,etc but still get the error of Papyrusutil and sexlabutil saying the library needs updated (1.64b) I spent hours trying different versions and i'm at a loss. If I use the Sexlab framework 1.6.3 version I get into game but says sexlabutil is outdated or missing. I have tried clean installing several times only using the required mods to get sexlab working as well as various combinations but no avail. My SKSE is on 2.1.3

You need to be using 1.64b. And you probably have something overwriting the files from it in your mod manager.

17 hours ago, tasairis said:

43 doesn't matter.

My list is currently tracking mods that don't work in AE yet; the big dependency that LL cares about and that isn't updated yet is JContainers, which does have an alpha but might be buggy, which means SLAL is questionable (and CF too if you want that). Otherwise, stuff like SexLab and CBPC and SoS are updated and ready to go.

so the warning my MO2 gives me of form 43 mods are false? Should I ignore them anyway? 

I apologise if thos has already been asked but for dome reason when a sexlab animations is being played even by other actors,if i hit space or shift i go from a full 60 dps dpwn to about 2 to 10 untill i resart the game. Is there a known fix for this or have i fucked something up?

Hi, so I have updated from 163beta8 to 163 and after doing so if I use the CLEAN button for any reason then right after it says Sexlab v1.63 ready, about 2 seconds later the game CTDs. The crash logs are showing it has something to do with PapyrusUtil. When I installed 163 I let it overwrite everything including PapyrusUtil which I am hoping is what I was supposed to do?

Here is the latest crash log and Papyrus log, hoping y'all can tell me what to do to fix it and stop it from crashing just because I "clean" the system.

Crash_2021_12_2_14-6-21.txtPapyrus.0.log

9 hours ago, mikepros said:

so the warning my MO2 gives me of form 43 mods are false? Should I ignore them anyway? 

Not false - the warnings are true and accurate, Vortex flags them as well - but they are simply irrelevant in the opinions of many people who are not named Arthmoor. On the other hand, there are some "experts" who state that including Form Type 43 plugins in your load order may cause issues 250 saves down the road, and it will not be possible to troubleshoot the issues, nor recover that playthrough.

So if you ignore the warnings, you will have lots of company. Personally, I update all the Form Type 43 (or 42, 40, whatever) plugins in mods I convert to Form Type 44 if I'm going to publish my conversions, just to hold the number of user complaints to a minimum. For the rest of them, I try to remember to update them before starting a new game if it's convenient to do so, meaning I remember to check for them after installing my new load order and I have the 1-minute-per-plugin required to update them in the CK.

The reason I do this is that I do sometimes get strange behaviors mid-playthrough - mods that have worked perfectly for months suddenly stop working for no apparent reason; savegames that loaded fine 2 days ago no longer load; sudden inability to launch the game (CTD on launch) etc. etc. Can I prove any relationship between these issues and my few remaining Form Type 43 plugins? Nope. No logs show any errors, neither Vortex nor Wrye Bash show any unexpected conflicts, Resaver shows no orphan scripts or undefined elements or threads. My game just suddenly stops working, either partly (a mod or two stop working) or completely (can't launch the game.)

So I basically don't know who is correct- it matters or it doesn't matter. Hard to prove either way. But I will not recommend to anyone that they ignore the advice of the developers of Vortex and MO2 and other Bethesda-mod tech-gurus because updating to Form Type 44 does not hurt anything, takes only a few seconds and might be helpful later in some unseen ways (you can't prove why a random crash did not occur!) So you make your own decision.

Edited by Vyxenne
Pentru că blocările computerului nu sunt bune
58 minutes ago, Vyxenne said:

Not false - the warnings are true and accurate, Vortex flags them as well - but they are simply irrelevant in the opinions of many people who are not named Arthmoor. On the other hand, there are some "experts" who state that including Form Type 43 plugins in your load order may cause issues 250 saves down the road, and it will not be possible to troubleshoot the issues, nor recover that playthrough.

So if you ignore the warnings, you will have lots of company. Personally, I update all the Form Type 43 (or 42, 40, whatever) plugins in mods I convert to Form Type 44 if I'm going to publish my conversions, just to hold the number of user complaints to a minimum. For the rest of them, I try to remember to update them before starting a new game if it's convenient to do so, meaning I remember to check for them after installing my new load order and I have the 1-minute-per-plugin required to update them in the CK.

The reason I do this is that I do sometimes get strange behaviors mid-playthrough - mods that have worked perfectly for months suddenly stop working for no apparent reason; savegames that loaded fine 2 days ago no longer load; sudden inability to launch the game (CTD on launch) etc. etc. Can I prove any relationship between these issues and my few remaining Form Type 43 plugins? Nope. No logs show any errors, neither Vortex nor Wrye Bash show any unexpected conflicts, Resaver shows no orphan scripts or undefined elements or threads. My game just suddenly stops working, either partly (a mod or two stop working) or completely (can't launch the game.)

So I basically don't know who is correct- it matters or it doesn't matter. Hard to prove either way. But I will not recommend to anyone that they ignore the advice of the developers of Vortex and MO2 and other Bethesda-mod tech-gurus because updating to Form Type 44 does not hurt anything, takes only a few seconds and might be helpful later in some unseen ways (you can't prove why a random crash did not occur!) So you make your own decision.

Correlation and causation regarding form 43 corruption are not established.  Everything is anecdotal and, if you've at any point upgraded, added to, or removed anything in your load order since initial game start, everything you've done is also suspect and equally valid.  Nobody has found any way to prove the link.  It's all nebulous.

4 hours ago, Martok73 said:

Hi, so I have updated from 163beta8 to 163 and after doing so if I use the CLEAN button for any reason then right after it says Sexlab v1.63 ready, about 2 seconds later the game CTDs. The crash logs are showing it has something to do with PapyrusUtil. When I installed 163 I let it overwrite everything including PapyrusUtil which I am hoping is what I was supposed to do?

Here is the latest crash log and Papyrus log, hoping y'all can tell me what to do to fix it and stop it from crashing just because I "clean" the system.

Crash_2021_12_2_14-6-21.txt 48.5 kB · 2 downloads Papyrus.0.log 1.03 MB · 4 downloads

Your log basically said that you have to clean your Save with the ReSaver.

Also you don't need to execute the Clean System when you update the SexLab at lease something be wrong with the SexLab automatic update procedure that was wrong on the BETA 9 but should be fine on this version and should do just the required updates.

Always make sure of manually save the game before close it because the automatic saves are bad for load the game.

Read this instructions...

34 minutes ago, OsmelMC said:

Your log basically said that you have to clean your Save with the ReSaver.

Also you don't need to execute the Clean System when you update the SexLab at lease something be wrong with the SexLab automatic update procedure that was wrong on the BETA 9 but should be fine on this version and should do just the required updates.

Always make sure of manually save the game before close it because the automatic saves are bad for load the game.

Read this instructions...

That's strange because I did clean my save with resaver and I followed those instructions. I also manually hard saved before updating, cleaned with resaver, loaded that save after updating via modmanager, waited til it said ready, then hit the CLEAN button per the instructions on that page.

Also your SexLab Utility Plus mod in the install instructions says to execute the CLEAN SYSTEM option, so I was following instructions twice. I want to use your SLUP mod but if it crashes everytime I use Clean System I won't be able to according to your install instructions.

I'm thoroughly confused now, I will try cleaning the save again in resaver and see if it throws any errors, and try again to use Clean System and will post logs of what happens.

@OsmelMC After double checking my save file in resaver and finding 0 errors, I again tried following the instructions on your SexLab Utility Plus mod page and click the CLEAN SYSTEM button after loading the verified clean save file and exactly 8 seconds after getting the SexLab v1.63 Ready message in the top left of my screen the game CTD. I have tried this on 3 different characters on 3 different verified clean save files and all 3 times I get a CTD right after the "ready" message. I can't use SexLab Utility Plus if the damn game keeps CTD everytime I use the Clean System button per the install instructions, how can I make it work without using the Clean System button?

Here are the logs

Crash_2021_12_2_20-17-24.txtPapyrus.0.logCrash_2021_12_2_22-6-44.txtPapyrus.0.log

Crash_2021_12_2_22-19-33.txtPapyrus.0.log

Edit: Teleported to qasmoke just to try a "safe" place, still crashes 8 seconds after saying "Ready" crash is always occurring when it starts the "Clean Actor Stage", so something about that is causing the crash, thus if I absolutely have to "Clean System" after installing SexLab Utilitly Plus, then I can't use it, cause nothing I do or try will stop it from CTD every single time regardless of character and regardless of save file. More log files added.

Edited by Martok73
2 hours ago, Martok73 said:

SexLab Utility Plus mod page and click the CLEAN SYSTEM

In my SLU+ I recommend the Clean System option because some times I do changes on the Scripts that require some type of update process but I don't change the version number so the SexLab can't know what update.

Since you said that you are updating from some BETA to the new version, even if you are also updating the SLU+ still you don't need the Clean System because of update process of the SexLab cover the SLU+ required update.

The problem is that when you use the Clean System option since you also did the update of the SexLab Framework, is possible that still Mods like the SexLab Animation Load be installing Animation or other things that usually don't end long after the SexLab installation process.

Hit the Clean System while the SexLab Animation Load or the SLATE are still working put too much stress on the Papyrus beside the lot of errors that cause.

By the way on SE the Sexlab Animations Load take more than 20 minutes after the SexLab is installed to end registering all his Animations. If you also have SLATE you can't start to Reapply his ActionLog until the SexLab Animation Load Registry process be done and my more than 2000 ActionLog on the SLATE can take easley 2 hours to finish that means you should wait almost 3 hours before start the first SexLab scene or the Papyrus will be too busy to do it.

Edited by OsmelMC
46 minutes ago, coldu91 said:

So i have the AE update, I've updated SKSE and Sexlabs Framwork to the newest versions, but no matter what i do it keeps saying the Sexlab Util.dll is outdated or missing. i use MO and can see the dll is their from the new framework.

Papyrus.0.log 189.69 kB · 1 download Mod Order from loot.txt 3.61 kB · 0 downloads

The SexLab Framework v1.64 for AE need another Mod from Nexus and that mod need to be updated. Check the download page for the link.

On 11/22/2021 at 11:54 PM, dePog said:

Just my opinion

If you want to use adult mods in Skyrim, don't install AE. It doesn't have enough supporting mods yet. You are just asking for a life of pain.

If you have AE already, then revert it back to SE with the free backport mod on Nexus. Then you can access hundreds of adult mods that we know will work.

Or, if you still have Skyrim LE, it is even more stable with Sexlab modlists.

To be clear, I am not part of the Sexlab mod team. I am just someone who has played Skyrim for 10 years and thought I'd put in my 2 cents.

Been modding since Oblivion, though workload doesn't afford me time to play SE much (now it's AE), so for me to worry about stuff working on it, I don't, as I don't think I've played it in the past 3 months.  So, I can easily wait.

GuruSR.

1 hour ago, OsmelMC said:

In my SLU+ I recommend the Clean System option because some times I do changes on the Scripts that require some type of update process but I don't change the version number so the SexLab can't know what update.

Since you said that you are updating from some BETA to the new version, even if you are also updating the SLU+ still you don't need the Clean System because of update process of the SexLab cover the SLU+ required update.

The problem is that when you use the Clean System option since you also did the update of the SexLab Framework, is possible that still Mods like the SexLab Animation Load be installing Animation or other things that usually don't end long after the SexLab installation process.

Hit the Clean System while the SexLab Animation Load or the SLATE are still working put too much stress on the Papyrus beside the lot of errors that cause.

By the way on SE the Sexlab Animations Load take more than 20 minutes after the SexLab is installed to end registering all his Animations. If you also have SLATE you can't start to Reapply his ActionLog until the SexLab Animation Load Registry process be done and my more than 2000 ActionLog on the SLATE can take easley 2 hours to finish that means you should wait almost 3 hours before start the first SexLab scene or the Papyrus will be too busy to do it.

Ok, so I don't need to use Clean System then since I updated from SexLab Framework 1.6.3Beta8 to 1.63. So I assume you are talking about the SexLab Animation Loader that loads the animations packs right? Should I have disabled that before trying to clean system? I don't have SLATE, should I get that and your SLATE Tweak? Will it improve the animation selection process during scenes?

From my own experience and not disabling the SLAL prior to updating/cleaning it took about 5-6 minutes before I would get the "SexLab v1.63 Ready" message, definitely didn't take 20 mins, guess it all depends on how beefy the PC is?

So on another note right after having sex after I updated to v.163 the Total Time Spent Having Sex was wiped out and now shows ----- and does not increase at all. Neither does the individual counters for Vaginal/Anal/Oral, they don't increase either. Also what/why does it now show Most Active Partner 3 times? See below screenshots for clarification.

Before having sex right after update:

ScreenShot27.png.6143da549e878bc8ece11cd6bd21c334.png

Right after having sex after update:

ScreenShot26.png.a1b7c6e2a968f001b8aa64e8afe7fadb.png

Anyway to fix this and recover my total time spent having sex?

1 hour ago, Martok73 said:

So on another note right after having sex after I updated to v.163 the Total Time Spent Having Sex was wiped out and now shows ----- and does not increase at all. Neither does the individual counters for Vaginal/Anal/Oral, they don't increase either. Also what/why does it now show Most Active Partner 3 times? See below screenshots for clarification.

Before having sex right after update:

<snip> 

Right after having sex after update:

<snip>

Anyway to fix this and recover my total time spent having sex?

Probably has something to do with the new stats and changed timer that were added during the betas. I'm not entirely sure the final 1.63 SE build shipped with all the changes that were made to sexlabutil.dll, will have to double check.