SexLab SE - Sex Animation Framework v1.66b - 01/18/2024

13 minutes ago, GoldenRain said:

So I do need AE even though I didn't buy AE?

As Ashal described a few posts ago, if you own SE legally (Steam), AE is a free upgrade (forced upgrade if you didn't have that disabled).  The Creation Club DLC for AE is a paid addon that you don't necessarily get as well unless you explicitly purchased it.  Not sure if anyone got that for free, but either way, welcome to AE.

If you didn't dodge the automatic update, downgrade back to SE 1.5.97 so all your mods work ;).  If you dodged it, don't let it update any time soon.  Not everything SKSE64 related mod has seen an update to the latest AE/SKSE64 version, and there are indications of another AE update to be released soon.  Another update will hit the reset button on SKSE64 mod compatibility and start this whole shit show over again. 

13 minutes ago, 4nk8r said:

Another update will hit the reset button on SKSE64 mod compatibility and start this whole shit show over again.

A friend once told me "Never assume malice if a fuckup can be explained by simple incompetence."

However, the timing and lack of necessity (I have read that there was/is no technical reason why Bethrosoft had to force-break our games to accomplish their Crapware Club scheme update- especially not 3 or 4 times in a month) leaves me with the feeling that only malice can explain their behavior toward their customers who use SKSE64. What do you think?

Edited by Vyxenne
1 hour ago, Vyxenne said:

that only malice can explain

No, but money.

If your product doesn't sell well because it's inferior, but you got the leverage to exclude the competition.

Your target group to sell is the generation after LE, new to modding, never heard before.

Offer a complete modded pack, like the idea mod packs. (similiar result in market analysis for another company)

Why not make the product exclusive, at least for some time. Time is money fits well here. 

The former customers will not contribute to sales anymore, sacrifice them for the sake of quick money.

Who cares.

Edited by Tlam99
3 hours ago, Vyxenne said:

A friend once told me "Never assume malice if a fuckup can be explained by simple incompetence."

However, the timing and lack of necessity (I have read that there was/is no technical reason why Bethrosoft had to force-break our games to accomplish their Crapware Club scheme update- especially not 3 or 4 times in a month) leaves me with the feeling that only malice can explain their behavior toward their customers who use SKSE64. What do you think?

Depends on which company is actively making the marketing decisions.  Bethesda, before Microsoft, seemed perfectly willing to regularly upset the ecosystem with CC content changes.  Covid was what slowed things down.  Until now.

Given the change in the compiler chosen for AE, this would be the perfect opportunity to fix everything that the community makes plugins to address, plus add a built in DLL loading system like SKSE/Address Library feature that they update every time they need to make another change.  But only after they soften the community with a few several CC updates...blunt the community's willingness to keep updating SKSE to keep up with changes.  Think of how many would pay for it?  They'd easily be able to charge AAA pricing for it again with features like that.  If I were the dude in charge of the dudes that tell the other dudes what to do, I'd do this.

Hello there, so, after testing this mod out, seems like either High Poly heads 1.4 needs an update to work with AE Version or SexLab has no HPH compatibility anymore? Everytime  I select the HPH Head part (number 3) in racemenu when I start a SL animation the face and face expressions on my character are broken, is like all sliders move to the right and looks really creepy (Eyes are out of the head, mouth is bigger than it should be, etc). Tested with normal head part (number 1) and there is no graphical glitch when doing so and a SL animation starts without somehow resetting my racemenu preset...

Also why is there a Skyrim version war in sexlab forum? :D feels bad

I am using the AE version and i still get the missing Dill, and can't install even if in 3rd person.  i have every single mod required, yet not a single person has any advice besides trying to downgrade the game again. Its been what a month already and noone has figured out why. i have 3 copies of the needed dill on my system all of the are the same, but yet non of them are loading in the game.  Forsome reason my logs are nolonger working maybe i need to edit a ini or something again? anyhow any help to figure out why i can do anything would be helpful. sexlab is the only mod besides racemenu i am having issues with.  racemenu i just can not save face gen info which sucks since most npcs are ugly without help. It seems like iam not the only one with this issue, so is it a waiting game for the mods to catch up to the game updates still. or is it something else, i disabled all my mods started over still had the same dill message and couldn't install so i reloaded my mods again. I been waiting hoping when i came back online i could get rid of this DILL issue and install this framework. but for somereason there has been no updates to any of the required files or the framework, so i am wondering what is the current thing going on. Is it  required to roll back my game to get the framework to even install? I have the one ment for AE but it does nothing. I been playing games for years so normally i do not feel dumb but this latest setback makes me wonder if it would be best to wipe the whole thing and reinstall all the mods fresh. 

my skyrim is 1632308  skse 64213 rel 6 or whatever i can barely see it on my screen. sexlab is 1.64b ae according to the mcm menu which does nothing period. 

Edited by Majinnoone
3 hours ago, 4nk8r said:

would be the perfect opportunity

all true, but

it needs manpower. Drawn away from other work. There is a budget made for this upgrade. Assume, pretty low.

There might be one guy assigned to it, possibly partially of his work time. Stay within budget and get max. revenue.

It's like a quick way to get as much as possible out of it with as less efford as possible. It's an old game, only good for quick cash during the hype.

Push sales of this xbox or what it is called, double cash. A company, maybe not all, but a good share, see only numbers. Customer care is old fashioned, no more needed.

Sale and run, there are enough customers around.

8 hours ago, bonesexpozed said:

Hello there, so, after testing this mod out, seems like either High Poly heads 1.4 needs an update to work with AE Version or SexLab has no HPH compatibility anymore? Everytime  I select the HPH Head part (number 3) in racemenu when I start a SL animation the face and face expressions on my character are broken, is like all sliders move to the right and looks really creepy (Eyes are out of the head, mouth is bigger than it should be, etc). Tested with normal head part (number 1) and there is no graphical glitch when doing so and a SL animation starts without somehow resetting my racemenu preset...

Also why is there a Skyrim version war in sexlab forum? :D feels bad

There is no "native" support of any particular head in Sexlab.  What a support nightmare that would be to maintain.  Sexlab uses the MfgConsole function to deal with lip sync and facial expressions.  This is facilitated by the MFG FIX mod, which corrects and extends features of the "mfg" (ModifyFaceGen) command interface native to Skyrim.  Even though MFG FIX uses the SKSE Address Library (as does Sexlab 1.64b) to be compatible, it still needs to be updated for AE (hasn't been yet).  Sexlab is just an innocent "mfg" command enduser in all this.  Wait on the MFG FIX update and check that you have the correct versions of all those elements properly installed and working before you start messing with Sexlab's role in all this.

Edited by 4nk8r
Updated post to reflect MFG FIX still needs an update for AE compat.

After updating from 1.63Beta8 to 1.63 facial expressions no longer work. They worked fine before I updated but now I get no open mouth expressions and no lip sync during sex. Nothing has changed with any other mod only updated SexLab from 1.63Beta8 to 1.63, so is there something else I need to do to make lip sync and facial expressions work again? I did previously export/save all my settings before updating so I could make sure they stayed the same after updating, not sure why they're not working nor how to make them work.

Edited by Martok73
1 hour ago, Martok73 said:

After updating from 1.63Beta8 to 1.63 facial expressions no longer work. They worked fine before I updated but now I get no open mouth expressions and no lip sync during sex. Nothing has changed with any other mod only updated SexLab from 1.63Beta8 to 1.63, so is there something else I need to do to make lip sync and facial expressions work again? I did previously export/save all my settings before updating so I could make sure they stayed the same after updating, not sure why they're not working nor how to make them work.

Almost sure that you have the Mod "Conditional Expressions" installed. If is that the case you need the Patch from my Tweaks page

7 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

Almost sure that you have the Mod "Conditional Expressions" installed. If is that the case you need the Patch from my Tweaks page

Nope I do not have that mod, have never had that mod, I looked at the nexus page once and I think that it conflicts with something I already have and is the reason I never got it.

25 minutes ago, Martok73 said:

Nope I do not have that mod, have never had that mod, I looked at the nexus page once and I think that it conflicts with something I already have and is the reason I never got it.

90% of the time is that Mod. But is not the only one. Any Expression Mod with Scripts will interfere with the SexLab Expressions. Also make sure of remove any Fix, Patch or Tweak made for another version of SexLab, including the "Better Blowjob" Mod

Finally I read something about one bug related with the Expressions on the Skyrim AE. Not related with SexLab but seems to affect it too.

I'm not sure if this is a sexlab issue, or an issue with racemenu(i'm on the patreon release of the new AE Racemenu), but if i enable cum effects after sex, every time I boot up skyrim, all my skin overlays are reset to default. Disabling cum effects in MCM stops this  issue. Is there a way to get this working?

3 hours ago, OsmelMC said:

90% of the time is that Mod. But is not the only one. Any Expression Mod with Scripts will interfere with the SexLab Expressions. Also make sure of remove any Fix, Patch or Tweak made for another version of SexLab, including the "Better Blowjob" Mod

Finally I read something about one bug related with the Expressions on the Skyrim AE. Not related with SexLab but seems to affect it too.

No expression mods at all, completely removed "better Blowjobs" before updating Sexlab, cleaned save with resaver before updating. Nothing I have should affect the expressions, so no clue as to why they aren't working.

7 hours ago, Martok73 said:

No expression mods at all, completely removed "better Blowjobs" before updating Sexlab, cleaned save with resaver before updating. Nothing I have should affect the expressions, so no clue as to why they aren't working.

Make sure that "Use Expressions", "Use SyncLips" and "Auto Refresh Expression" be Enabled on the "Animation Settings" page.

And in the "Animation Editor" page check the "Advanced Lips Sync and Open Mouth Configuration". There you can configure all about the OpenMouth Expression and the SyncLips and since is new probably have to set those Values.

Send me the "Papyrus.0.log" if is not enough.

On 12/4/2021 at 12:56 PM, Gledania said:

I downloaded sexlab.

I download mods in the vortex that require Sexlab.

The game doesn't run at all.

Can anyone help?

If you're super new (I don't blame you because I know some people who bought Skyrim AFTER AE came out), then you're not able to run it due to AE being incompatible with most mods here. SKSE updated to AE, but it will be a while before all the mod developers (assuming they're active) can update their mods.  

The creator of SexLab Framework is active, by the way, but there's no guarantee that your other mods will work when SexLab is updated. Most people in this forum turn off upgrades on Steam, but there's still a lot of people out there who haven't done that, and if you're one of them or you never had the old version, then you need to downgrade. 

I had this back and forth about downgrading Skyrim to an earlier version before AE. You have Steam DB, where you need to download three manifests or get this mod that does the patching for you. 

Edited by liars_paradox
On 12/6/2021 at 4:48 AM, Majinnoone said:

I am using the AE version and i still get the missing Dill, and can't install even if in 3rd person.  i have every single mod required, yet not a single person has any advice besides trying to downgrade the game again. Its been what a month already and noone has figured out why. i have 3 copies of the needed dill on my system all of the are the same, but yet non of them are loading in the game.  Forsome reason my logs are nolonger working maybe i need to edit a ini or something again? anyhow any help to figure out why i can do anything would be helpful. sexlab is the only mod besides racemenu i am having issues with.  racemenu i just can not save face gen info which sucks since most npcs are ugly without help. It seems like iam not the only one with this issue, so is it a waiting game for the mods to catch up to the game updates still. or is it something else, i disabled all my mods started over still had the same dill message and couldn't install so i reloaded my mods again. I been waiting hoping when i came back online i could get rid of this DILL issue and install this framework. but for somereason there has been no updates to any of the required files or the framework, so i am wondering what is the current thing going on. Is it  required to roll back my game to get the framework to even install? I have the one ment for AE but it does nothing. I been playing games for years so normally i do not feel dumb but this latest setback makes me wonder if it would be best to wipe the whole thing and reinstall all the mods fresh. 

my skyrim is 1632308  skse 64213 rel 6 or whatever i can barely see it on my screen. sexlab is 1.64b ae according to the mcm menu which does nothing period. 

I feel you, bro. It was a frustrating experience for me too. Some people's advice is old, so I found myself aggravated because their advice wasn't working for me. The mod that patches is ideal. Otherwise, there's Steam DB. 

On 12/3/2021 at 11:15 PM, dePog said:

hmmm ..... strange, he doesn't seem like the sort of guy who would say "Eww" :D

Right??  XD

SexLab Sex Life.  One of my followers is female and she's talking to him about guys.  
I like SexLab Sex Life, because it's a nice-to-have mod to make sure that NPC's also have a sex life and not just my character.  
But, it could benefit from more dialogue.  That is the generic response that a straight male follower makes when a female who's either buy or straight talks to him about guys.  
If two straight or bi females are talking about guys, and one's a gold digger and the other is a size queen, then their conversations look like:
GD: "Does he have a big house?"
SQ: "Nevermind his house.  Does he have a nice dick?"

12 minutes ago, liars_paradox said:

@zarantha
That Full Patcher you shared doesn't work anymore.  I have been backing up my computer to prepare it to reinstall my OS and Steam, behind my back, updated the Skyrim again.  This time, the patcher from Nexus that you shared doesn't work for it:

Capture.PNG

Like Steam seriously made a new patch just to break the downgrader patch!

But, fortunately, I still had everything that I downloaded from Steam DB via DepotDownloader and that resolved it.