[mod] Stellaris Sexy Xenos and more (SSX) 1.11.8

6 hours ago, GaseousSubstance said:

Windows Defender is perfectly fine for Gramps. It ain't perfect, sure, but it's fine. While I would agree it'd be better to download something better, it's a bad idea to just turn off Windows Defender even if you have a better alternative. Just leave it on and get a better one if you don't entirely trust Windows Defender.

Also, VirusTotal is only web-based, and won't protect you, thus it's a bad program to solely rely on.

Thing is:

Windows Defender is actually not good for gramps as it does not find actual threats but false flags harmless files.

Gramps would be horrified to turn on the computer and be greeted by multiple quarantine notifications. For windows .dll files no less.

Anybody that thinks that an online virus check tool is a substitute for a local antivirus software is ... not smart at all.

The best antivirus software is in front of the keyboard. Filename brain.exe.

It comes to argue that this is preferable to windows defender. You'd be rid of the false flags and as said many actual threats are not found by it to begin with.

But truth be told there are dozens of free or cheap antivirus software programs. At times with security suites i.e. surveillance of browser, email client, mbr (Master Boot Record), ... Coupled with at least 3 regular updates a day + emergency updates.

There is no excuse to keep using windows defender.

I'm talking about using virustotal to scan files that you have downloaded especially files windows defender is trying to say are bad. A lot of people have trouble with windows defender and renpy games as windows defender is the king of false positives. There were a few times while trying to find out if a file was actually bad thatI had to physically set it to allow the file and then I scanned it and the file was actually fine. I use avast malawarebytes ghostery.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I make a simplified Chinese translation for the game. Hope it can help more people.

====

翻译文件基本包括SexyXenos、SexyXenosTraits和SexyXenosCountries,都打在一个压缩包里了,解压之后覆盖就行。如果有错字、错翻或者落翻的话一定要截个图发给我,我会尽快补上的。

SexyXenos.zip

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/17/2021 at 7:30 AM, Platinphoenixx said:

So this mod is really nice and thanks for updating it op, but can we do something to not have the UI changes?

Yes, please, something to make it compatible with UI Overhaul Dynamic would be really great. I'd love to use this mod, but other mods that I think are essential require UI Overhaul, so I can't really use this one if it breaks the UIs.

• 2 weeks later...

i think the script triggers for oversexualized is wrong.

any_owned_pop = {
			NOT = { pop_has_trait = trait_oversexualized 
                                 }
                        has_population_control = { value = yes }
		}	 

this seem to me to suggest that oversexualized can only trigger if there is pops that is not allowed to grow, which don't fit with its description.

i changed it to this.

any_owned_pop = {
			OR {	
				NOT = { pop_has_trait = trait_oversexualized }
				}
			is_robot_pop = no
		}

This would allow for oversexualized pops to be replaced IF they are under pop control and won't replace robots.

Later in options:

name = oversexualized.2.a
		random_owned_pop = {
			LIMIT = {
				NOR = { pop_has_trait = trait_oversexualized 
                                         }
			}

this once again prohibits to find any pops that is not under pop control.

my change:

name = oversexualized.2.a
		random_owned_pop = {
			LIMIT = {
				OR {	NOT = { pop_has_trait = trait_oversexualized }
				}
				is_robot_pop = no
			}

pops with oversexualized can be replaced if they are under pop control and no robots will be attempted to be replaced.

Now, this might work as intended before my edits, but then please update the description on the trait to reflect that.

also, in the hidden trigger, is it possible to count how many pops is with the trait and without and if less pops without, it can replace pops? that way they will grow to be about 50% population on all planets. 

or maybe save the count into a variable and use that for the random_list to increase chance to trigger? if it allows? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2021 at 5:46 AM, Xadhoom said:

also, in the hidden trigger, is it possible to count how many pops is with the trait and without and if less pops without, it can replace pops? that way they will grow to be about 50% population on all planets. 

or maybe save the count into a variable and use that for the random_list to increase chance to trigger? if it allows? 

I'd imagine making a perpetual event that assigns values to variables on planets for bio-pops and pops with the trait and have an equation to create what ratio you want as part of the conditional for the pop conversion event to fire. It's feasible just making it light on the amount of checks would be the main concern from this implimentation.

On 10/25/2021 at 8:35 PM, Astralbody13 said:

I'd love to use this again but it breaks my UI mod. Any plans for compatibilities for UI overhaul? 

I wonder what is causing people to have issues with UI mods with this mod? No-one has ever said anything other than 'there's trouble' and I've been using UI Dynamic + Tiny Outliner + Tiny Fleets and my only issue was how event decisions were spaced out a bit odd.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2021 at 2:36 PM, kiargo said:

Heya, allow me to question: Does this mod have compatbility with UI Overhaul Dynamic? When I add the mod, the outline gets out of place and smaller.

Check your load order in the launcher (or in whatever mod manager you use) and place your UI Overhaul Dynamic on the bottom. I'd recommend Irony Mod Manager to keep better track of mods and their incompatibilities but whatever you use if probably just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

If you are having issues with jobs in 3.2, I've made a patch that all you have to do is drop the zipped file into your main Stellaris mod folder and it should overwrite and update the 3 pop jobs for sexysxenostraits. sexysxenostraits.rar

Hopefully this gets people back to playing their games!

Edited by Vtrx

So a little head up, the file "Sexy xenos Traits and more" kinda break the machine intelligence as no robot population generate crime because it treat them as a normal empire but with a permanent 100% happiness (see screenshot). Slaves does increase crime as intended.

Also, the jobs from the civic added by the mod increase Menial and Complex drone hapiness (instead of increasing their productivity ?) (see other screenshot).

I've tested only with "Sexy xenos Traits and more" and Vtrx fix.

Bug1.PNG

Bug2.PNG

13 hours ago, Darlhak said:

1 So a little head up, the file "Sexy xenos Traits and more" kinda break the machine intelligence as no robot population generate crime because it treat them as a normal empire but with a permanent 100% happiness (see screenshot). Slaves does increase crime as intended.

2. Also, the jobs from the civic added by the mod increase Menial and Complex drone hapiness (instead of increasing their productivity ?) (see other screenshot).

1. Traits and more adds a custom game rule that causes robots to receive a happiness modifier even though machines don't have one? Yeah it's buggy, I don't know what the consequences of patching out are so it'll take a bit if you want a patch that might not accidentally break the mod... hopefully...

Edit: So I looked and it seemed the mod author wanted to get around to altering it (removing it possibly?) so here's a patch just like before, unpack into main Stellaris mod folder and it should update a single file which will clean that happiness issue up!   Game_Rules_Mod.rar

2. Advanced Metropolis and Fancy Megacity start to have complex drone modifiers for your robots, the positive happiness stack is actually the sum of the individual happiness buffs each Sex Battery worker will get (EI: In second pic, 24 per pop X 12 Jobs from Modern Cities = +288% Happiness).

Edited by Vtrx
39 minutes ago, Vtrx said:

So I looked and it seemed the mod author wanted to get around to altering it (removing it possibly?) so here's a patch just like before, unpack into main Stellaris mod folder and it should update a single file which will clean that happiness issue up!   Game_Rules_Mod.rar

It worked ! Thank you for your patch and your explanation.

not sure if anyone has asked this and been answered yet, but is the author still actively working with this mod, or has it been passed on to a new modder? i see that Vtrx is building patches t0o keep the mod operating as intended. i am so hoping that this is getting a new update soon. 

23 hours ago, kamiyosha said:

not sure if anyone has asked this and been answered yet, but is the author still actively working with this mod, or has it been passed on to a new modder? i see that Vtrx is building patches t0o keep the mod operating as intended. i am so hoping that this is getting a new update soon. 

We can only hope that they will return as they have mentioned that with 6000+ hours in the game they are burnt out from Stellaris and that was almost 7 months ago.

I'll try my best to maintain the mod via unofficial patches but my time will be horrifically reduced for the first 4 months of the new year but as long as people are willing to mention any errors I hope there will be at least someone willing to give this mod a little tlc.