[mod] Stellaris Sexy Xenos and more (SSX) 1.11.8

11 hours ago, aniikinis13 said:

Is it possible to use this mod in 1.9? I'm going on a bit of a nostalgia trip for how the game was when I first started playing and was wanting to use some of the older lewd mods for it at least for a couple of games

Super unlikely. Pretty safe to say, no it will not work.

Maybe the portraits work. 

Edited by SohCahToa
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

With 3.3 out and it looks like there are no conflicts coming from this new version, Hurray!, I've decided to have some fun and cook up a few files.

Each file has the previous file's patches / content so if you want everything which includes changes to an ascension perk and the hegemony federation, just download the last file and ignore the rest.

3.2+ Patch.rar This pack ONLY has the previously posted patches for convenience and works just fine with 3.3 from my testing.

3.2+ & GFX Patch.rar This pack also includes a patch to the rooms that appear behind the leaders as in the orignal mod there are a few options that only show a blank background instead of the city in the window behind the leader.

3.2+ & GFX & Patch with Tweaks.rar This pack does two extra things: 

1. It modifies world shaper so that Salacious Machines can now terraform Gaia worlds like their cousin Rogue Servators! (New file ssx_ascension_perks.txt added)

2. It modifies Hegemony federations to now allow both Snu Fever and Salacious Machine civics to create hegemony federations! (new file ssx_federation_types.txt added)

To install, download one of the files and drop the sexysxenostraits folder where you installed the mod and it should do the work and overwrite the files for you!

Special mentions to Tryharder4563 who also created a patch for multiple other mods that SSX can also interact with and klkadf for providing a simplified Chinese translation for those who are still looking for one.

If you find any issues with the mod and/or my code feel free to yell at me, honestly doing the changes federation/ascension perks was a wild ride of me learning how to not break the game horribly with my code and it'll be nice to know it works for more than one computer! Now let's just hope I haven't borked formatting and made this actually readable.

Edited by Vtrx
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Escaped gene sex slave origin is bugged for me. I had it working recently, but I can't pinpoint when it broke. On game start the homeworld only has 1 pop and no access to the cloning building it should. This was a problem with Clone armies at one point in the past correct? Does anyone remember the fix?

On 5/5/2022 at 11:31 AM, Ozvelpoon said:

I had it working recently...

Do you remember how the escaped gene sex slaves origin worked properly before the bugs? The missing clone buildings seem to be intentional as they're absent from the code as well.

It was a basic copy of the "Clone armies" origin. Your main species got the "perfect body" trait on creation, and once in game you had the option to build appropriately themed cloning vats that would quickly grow pops up to a cap. Can't remember if they were capped at a specific number like the Clone Army origin or not though. 

Edited by Ozvelpoon

Another update, no new bugs! Hurra! (I think)

However if you did download my previous patch 3.2+ & GFX & Patch with Tweaks.rar the hegemony needs a bit of a touchup to be more in line with the new update (it's 1 whole line of new code).

To install, download 3.4 Federation Patch.rar and drop the sexysxenostraits folder where you installed the mod and it should do the work and overwrite ssx_federation_types.txt for you!

I'm honestly impressed how little the mod has broken over the last few months, aside from Gene Slaves which is a nightmare to recreate without the original code to see what the intended balance of the race was without literally just copying all clone-armies code and hoping it doesn't freak out.

Like usual, feel free to comment if I missed some new issues that 3.4 has brought up!

Edited by Vtrx
50 minutes ago, Nightsail said:

Mod breaks the game as of latest update.
Crashes to desktop on starting a new game.

Oh man someone not using UI Dynamic, that's unusual, yeah it's due to old UI edits that I'll get to working on. If you do use UI Dynamic then the issues SSX has will be overwritten.

26 minutes ago, Vtrx said:

Oh man someone not using UI Dynamic, that's unusual, yeah it's due to old UI edits that I'll get to working on. If you do use UI Dynamic then the issues SSX has will be overwritten.

I'm using UI Dynamic already, still crashes.

I should clarify that the portraits work fine but enabling the traits mod will cause it to crash when ever it reaches the "loading map graphics" part of starting a new game.

Edited by Nightsail
7 minutes ago, Nightsail said:

I'm using UI Dynamic already, still crashes.

Flip UI Dynamic with your Traits and More mod in the whatever manager you're using, I've patched the crashing issues now just trying to make sure the old resolution changes don't look horrific with all these new button scalings.

So, if you're some type of masochist or really really like to experience the old graphics of the mod;

3.4 interface patch.rar here's a patch that will prevent you crashing when starting a new game.

Drop sexysxenostraits folder where you installed the mod and it should overwrite planet_view.gui. 

Yes it's a direct rip from the regular Stellaris game files, and I do feel some level of shame but I found the old UI code to end up looking pretty ugly due to new button placements so here we are!

This update packs a lot of changes to planet_view.gui (Mostly new buttons to press!) which causes it to crash if you do not have UI Dynamic in the proper load order without this little patch.

7 hours ago, Vtrx said:

Flip UI Dynamic with your Traits and More mod in the whatever manager you're using, I've patched the crashing issues now just trying to make sure the old resolution changes don't look horrific with all these new button scalings.

Huh, well that fixed it, thanks!
Apparently I've been using the wrong load order all this time.

On 5/5/2022 at 8:31 PM, Ozvelpoon said:

The Escaped gene sex slave origin is bugged for me. I had it working recently, but I can't pinpoint when it broke. On game start the homeworld only has 1 pop and no access to the cloning building it should. This was a problem with Clone armies at one point in the past correct? Does anyone remember the fix?

On 5/10/2022 at 1:20 AM, Vtrx said:

Do you remember how the escaped gene sex slaves origin worked properly before the bugs? The missing clone buildings seem to be intentional as they're absent from the code as well.

I think I found the file responsible for underdevelopment of the starting planet but I can't get it to not remove the pops, districts and buildings.

Could be ssx_start_of_game_effects.txt under scripted_effects.

Edited by Fakenet
7 hours ago, Fakenet said:

I think I found the file responsible for underdevelopment of the starting planet but I can't get it to not remove the pops, districts and buildings.

Could be ssx_start_of_game_effects.txt under scripted_effects.

The actual effect comes from ssxt_civic_events_2.txt under events, I genuinely don't think ssx_start_of_game_effects.txt even does anything anymore because I can't even get the empire pop kill mechanic to work intended as well.

Super cursed, I've been slowly rebuilding pseudo clone-army effects without overwriting the Stellaris files, it would be so much easier but compatibility with other mods is much more desirable unfortunately.