[mod] Stellaris Sexy Xenos and more (SSX) 1.11.8

The portraits are compatible and I'm using them in my current game, but you might need to do some editing to get different portrait sets to play nice with each other.   There is potential for them to conflict if they all try to populate the vanilla Humanoid/Reptillian/Arthropoid/etc categories with the portraits instead of defining the portraits within their own unique Species category like "Succubus".  In my personal experience it's normally a collision in the definitions for robots and machines.

I recommend using the Irony mod manager and start adding the portrait mods one by one.  Use the conflict solver to have it analyze the files for problems each time that you add a new mod to the load order.  You'll probably see that the portrait sets most frequently conflict with the robots/machines.  If you look at the vanilla framework mod, the author of that mod has written several patches that let vanilla framework play nice with a variety of different portrait mods.  The patches provided by VF's author only add compatibility to one other portrait mod at a time, but if you look at what the patch does then you can adapt it to add compatibility with other portrait sets that you want to add.

Also, one of the portrait mods that I added recently was missing a bunch of curly braces in several of its files but I don't remember which one had that problem.  I just fixed it and moved on with my life.

As a personal preference, I recommend using notepad++ as your text editor.  It's just my favorite text editor for messing around with files like these.  The "find in files" option is convenient for searching all of the files in a directory for a given string.  Being able to see the line numbers is invaluable too, but that's possible in a lot of text editors if you go into the settings.

On 6/16/2022 at 9:42 PM, Vtrx said:

I use Photopea.com for my quick and dirty image editing and it has a built in .dds exporter. Learning it is a bit wonky (at least for me) but it does the job well enough for image editing.

On 6/17/2022 at 12:13 AM, Fakenet said:

GIMP works but you have to get the .dds plugin.

Fellas, I've just completed integrating a new portrait into the mod after pulling it out of a piece of artwork. Just wanted to share some info, in case other rookies like myself might want to expand the mod.

As it turns out, Paint.net has all the necessary tools needed for this. It is also a very convenient, simple and intuitive piece of software.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/28/2022 at 5:36 PM, ssgame said:

hello there this mod make my game crashed when I start game I chose race for start

18 hours ago, kikinak said:

Same. Starting a new game causes it to crash during galaxy generation. After a bit of experimenting it seems to specifically be the traits&more mod. Not entirely sure when it broke, I know it used to work, but it seems to be broke now

The Lupanaris mod has an updated version of SSX traits as one of their patches, it seems to work well enough so far.

On 9/21/2022 at 4:04 PM, Wolf470 said:

Fair warning Stellaris just updated to 3.5.1 - Sexy Xenos isn't working anymore... you can drop the ver to 3.4.5 however several other mods like Planetary Diversity, Universal Modifier Patch, + a bunch others that updated don't have non updated versions...

Can you explain what's the issue? I can't seem to get the game to crash nor find notable errors.

On 9/24/2022 at 12:30 PM, Vtrx said:

Can you explain what's the issue? I can't seem to get the game to crash nor find notable errors.

Actually what happens for me is if I have Sexy Xenos, Gigastructural Engineering & More or Lustful Void (in particular) I get the start screen and halfway through loading a new (or old) savegame it CTDs right after it says loading map data... With Gigastructural it CTDs in the middle of loading the main game... I have tested it and I can get to the main menu with Sexy Xenos but not with the other two... However I get a CTD from trying to start a new game or loading an old one with Sexy Xenos...

3 hours ago, Wolf470 said:

Actually what happens for me is if I have Sexy Xenos, Gigastructural Engineering & More or Lustful Void (in particular) I get the start screen and halfway through loading a new (or old) savegame it CTDs right after it says loading map data... With Gigastructural it CTDs in the middle of loading the main game... I have tested it and I can get to the main menu with Sexy Xenos but not with the other two... However I get a CTD from trying to start a new game or loading an old one with Sexy Xenos...

My suspicion is sexysxenostraits is causing your crashing.

So when you start a game does it crash when the bar says when it says Loading Map Graphics (the loading bar is at the ph in Graphics when it crashes)?

I don't know if you installed this patch for 3.4 or use UI Overhaul Dynamic at the end of your load order, either should prevent any crashing that this mod causes, having both will prevent the game from crashing in this manner if they're in an incorrect load order as well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ive managed to fix the bug that crashes the match startup with the SSX traits but now I have a different problem

It's disabled my dynamic UI for the 36 building slots and now I am back to the default. Troubling, but at least it doesn't crash the game. Is there something i can do with the mod order in the playlist that fixes it, or should I go digging through the files again?

47 minutes ago, Yourmamu said:

Ive managed to fix the bug that crashes the match startup with the SSX traits but now I have a different problem

It's disabled my dynamic UI for the 36 building slots and now I am back to the default. Troubling, but at least it doesn't crash the game. Is there something i can do with the mod order in the playlist that fixes it, or should I go digging through the files again?

Irony Mod Manager's conflict resolution function can help with that. It will also find any instances with incomplete bracketing and erroneous punctuation that is hard to find just combing through thousands of lines of code. Just be ware that it stops looking for such things as soon as it finds one so you will have to run the function a few times to find all the errors. Errors like this show up in the invalid section at the verry end of the conflict list. It does allow you to open the invalid files and fix them in your default text editor, what ever that may be.

14 hours ago, Yourmamu said:

Try flipping your sexyxenostraits and UI Dynamic mod? The patches I did to get it to work with later versions of Stellaris essentially boiled down to recopying the planet_view.gui file from base Stellaris. This means that in your case the traits and more file is overwriting your 36 slot mod so flipping their load order should fix it for you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/14/2023 at 5:28 PM, Netsy_ said:

it doen't mater if its above or below of dynemic ui the bottons are still tiny everything else is probably working

stellaris_zXnv5VPk84.png

This should be a fix for that bug; event scaling fix.rar

-One file override: eventwindow_ssx.gui | I can't find any issues with this fix... yet. But this should fix one of the kajillion issues this mods has atm. :(

Edited by Vtrx
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...