[mod] Stellaris Sexy Xenos and more (SSX) 1.11.8

1 hour ago, Ozvelpoon said:

I have been able to sort out all issues with crashes on startup and loading new games, that was never really my issue so good luck. Unfortunately I am still crashing at various points in game, so I am trying to isolate the mods that are causing the sporadic in game crashes that is preventing me from making any kind of headway. I have a suspicion that it is due to Forgotten Queens (and its patch) as well as SSX, but those are pretty fundamental mods in my game so they would be hard to cut.

I think I need to teach myself the Irony Mod manager... sigh...

That was my original problem and what led me to try and fix it. I made it worse and went from CTD midgame to CTD when trying to load a new game. After moving around the load order I can now get into a game, runs pretty good, but back to CTD midgame. I'll try to figure out what it may be on my end, but I tried searching before and couldn't find anything.

I would recommend using Irony Mod Manager, it's amazing and way better than using the launcher! It may appear a little daunting but it's really not and once you get the hang of it you'll be glad you did.

31 minutes ago, fj40 said:

That was my original problem and what led me to try and fix it. I made it worse and went from CTD midgame to CTD when trying to load a new game. After moving around the load order I can now get into a game, runs pretty good, but back to CTD midgame. I'll try to figure out what it may be on my end, but I tried searching before and couldn't find anything.

I would recommend using Irony Mod Manager, it's amazing and way better than using the launcher! It may appear a little daunting but it's really not and once you get the hang of it you'll be glad you did.

The ability to make custom patches for mods that don't work together is great. The code is not that difficult to understand either, if you have the basic of coding. Merging a mod list makes loading large numbers of mods much, muuch faster. The people who bitch about Irony just do not have the patience to learn how to use it.

10 hours ago, Isangrad said:

The ability to make custom patches for mods that don't work together is great. The code is not that difficult to understand either, if you have the basic of coding. Merging a mod list makes loading large numbers of mods much, muuch faster. The people who bitch about Irony just do not have the patience to learn how to use it.

I have used mod managers before for Skyrim etc. mostly it will be learning Irony's patching utilities. 

PLACE YOUR BETS!

Who thinks I was able to fix over 1500 conflicts in Irony on my first attempt using the tool? (Not me, that for sure)

Only took 6 hours...

Well those who guessed CTD on startup are the winners!

Edited by Ozvelpoon
15 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

PLACE YOUR BETS!

Who thinks I was able to fix over 1500 conflicts in Irony on my first attempt using the tool? (Not me, that for sure)

Only took 6 hours...

Well those who guessed CTD on startup are the winners!

Yeah, it's pretty easy to mess up conflicts if you are not sure what is happening. I usually only mess with the ones I am fairly confident on, like species being overwritten or stat values.

4 hours ago, sila said:

Yeah, it's pretty easy to mess up conflicts if you are not sure what is happening. I usually only mess with the ones I am fairly confident on, like species being overwritten or stat values.

The one good think that going through the conflicts one by one does is it showed me what mods are overwriting each other the most. As I suspected Forgotten Queens is a bid culprit here, and the unofocial patch for it is not foolproof. I have gone back to the paradox launcher for now, but with a better idea of load order I think.

6 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

The one good think that going through the conflicts one by one does is it showed me what mods are overwriting each other the most. As I suspected Forgotten Queens is a bid culprit here, and the unofocial patch for it is not foolproof. I have gone back to the paradox launcher for now, but with a better idea of load order I think.

Don't get discouraged. Just remember what each mod is trying to accomplish while you are sorting through the conflicts and you find greater success creating a conflict patch.

Well I may be jinxing it but I think I got the crashes fixed. Turns out that the mod "Expanded Stellaris Traditions" that was showing as up to date with 3.4 actually was broken. Needed an unofficial patch made by a different mod author to stop the random mid game crashes. I also dropped a few other mods (again that should have been up to date) that were throwing errors in my error log. I am going to try and add back in a couple of mods I removed earlier in case it was this causing the issue all along.

Now watch me break it again when fiddling...

On 6/4/2022 at 1:45 AM, Ozvelpoon said:

Well I may be jinxing it but I think I got the crashes fixed. Turns out that the mod "Expanded Stellaris Traditions" that was showing as up to date with 3.4 actually was broken. Needed an unofficial patch made by a different mod author to stop the random mid game crashes. I also dropped a few other mods (again that should have been up to date) that were throwing errors in my error log. I am going to try and add back in a couple of mods I removed earlier in case it was this causing the issue all along.

Now watch me break it again when fiddling...

I was about to post about this. EST seems to have been the culprit with my midgame CTD. I checked over the irony mod manager game patch, did the unofficial patch for ESA, dropped a couple of other mods that were consistently in the error.log (bigger planets, planetary diversity), disabled bio hybrids in LV features as it seemed to be throwing an invalid context switch error (not sure if it definitely was, but when i tested this it was all i did and i got past a CTD), and I'm in the 2400's now. Will slowly readd mods as time goes on, but I believe the worst is over.

Do the special traits in this interact with LV mechanics?

E.g.; do the various sadist/masochist traits offer the same synergies as the one in LV? Also, do the civics do anything interesting (extra choices, events..?)

I just got my lewd LO to work and i don't want to break it again if i dont have to :P

I'm getting a CTD when when I use the trait mod (but even when I havn't made an empire that uses the traits), when I press start (when creating a new empire). It loads, but when the loading bar says Loading Map Graphics, I get the CTD. I've tested that it is this mod, because when I only disable this mod it doesnt CTD. I attached the error.log, but from what i could see it doesn't mention this mod? I'm just seeing a lot of other errors relating to other mods which I'll probably have to fix later

Edit: Even when it is the only mod enabled, it still crashes when starting a new game

Edited by Technolord

I just turn off the traits and use LV traits so there's no issues with jobs or pointless overlap, probably the best way to use this mod till someone updates it or extracts the portraits. Hopefully someone can rescue the Non-furry portraits and make it a separate mod in the future for people like me that arent into furry. I currently just deleted the images so I have blank image races when they show up in AI generated races. Better then nothing I guess

On 6/12/2022 at 10:15 PM, Technolord said:

I'm getting a CTD when when I use the trait mod

19 hours ago, Kashyr said:

I just turn off the traits and use LV traits

This patch is for those who don't use UI Dynamic. If you do have UI Dynamic installed, well, it's in the wrong order and flipping Traits and More and Dynamic around will prevent the crashing.

I've been expanding the mod with new portraits from other mods. I've also incorporated a new species and will be testing if it works properly. So far, the species has appeared in the menu and elsewhere in the game.

Does anyone know how the portraits are made? I am aware that they were cut from random works of art on the Internet. But which piece of software has been used for the task? Adobe Photoshop is obviously suitable. But is there any free programme? Paint.net is not suitable. Can GIMP do the job?

20 minutes ago, catchyorbit said:

Does anyone know how the portraits are made? I am aware that they were cut from random works of art on the Internet. But which piece of software has been used for the task? Adobe Photoshop is obviously suitable. But is there any free programme? Paint.net is not suitable. Can GIMP do the job?

I use Photopea.com for my quick and dirty image editing and it has a built in .dds exporter. Learning it is a bit wonky (at least for me) but it does the job well enough for image editing.

2 hours ago, catchyorbit said:

I've been expanding the mod with new portraits from other mods. I've also incorporated a new species and will be testing if it works properly. So far, the species has appeared in the menu and elsewhere in the game.

GIMP works but you have to get the .dds plugin.

On 6/16/2022 at 9:42 PM, Vtrx said:

I use Photopea.com for my quick and dirty image editing and it has a built in .dds exporter. Learning it is a bit wonky (at least for me) but it does the job well enough for image editing.

On 6/17/2022 at 12:13 AM, Fakenet said:

GIMP works but you have to get the .dds plugin.

Thanks for the info.

Ok, stupid question, im sure. 

been 4 years since an update. Is this mod abandoned, or is it in progress of transfer or update? 

i love this mod, and i would love to see it continue, however, i am Potato at coding, and couldnt do it even if i wanted to. would love to see new traits and mechanics with the aqua pack, nemesis and overlord DLC, and more portraits! 

be kind, dear community, and let me know what is to become of this wonderful mod. 

21 hours ago, kamiyosha said:

been 4 years since an update. Is this mod abandoned, or is it in progress of transfer or update? 

i love this mod, and i would love to see it continue, however, i am Potato at coding, and couldnt do it even if i wanted to. would love to see new traits and mechanics with the aqua pack, nemesis and overlord DLC, and more portraits! 

be kind, dear community, and let me know what is to become of this wonderful mod. 

I think the mod is kinda functional for the portraits but abandoned for the traits

On 6/23/2022 at 6:30 PM, kamiyosha said:

It has evidently been abandoned by it's creator but Vtrx does a good job of maintaining it.

Maybe we can get the admins to transfer owndership of the mod or something.

Unfortunately the best bet is to hope it gets integrated into LV but I really would prefer to not put all the strain on one person.

Edited by Fakenet
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/14/2022 at 9:33 AM, Vtrx said:

So, if you're some type of masochist or really really like to experience the old graphics of the mod;

3.4 interface patch.rar here's a patch that will prevent you crashing when starting a new game.

Drop sexysxenostraits folder where you installed the mod and it should overwrite planet_view.gui. 

Yes it's a direct rip from the regular Stellaris game files, and I do feel some level of shame but I found the old UI code to end up looking pretty ugly due to new button placements so here we are!

This update packs a lot of changes to planet_view.gui (Mostly new buttons to press!) which causes it to crash if you do not have UI Dynamic in the proper load order without this little patch.

8 hours ago, Norkal0105 said:

Hi sorry, I'm new to this mod, is it possible to make it work with the newest version of stellaris? I'm sorry if this have alredy been answerd in the thred, it's late here and I'm tired so i did not have the patiens to read through it all?

This is the only reason I know of why it wouldn't work.

If that isn't the reason I need more details. "Doesn't work" has never been a good start for troubleshooting.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2022 at 9:51 AM, Fakenet said:

This is the only reason I know of why it wouldn't work.

If that isn't the reason I need more details. "Doesn't work" has never been a good start for troubleshooting.

After a LOT of testing i think it is a compatibility issue between lutfull void, kinky void and ssx traits and more, to an to together works fine, but the minute the three are all enabled the game crashes after getting to 100% in the first lodingscreen