[mod] Stellaris Sexy Xenos and more (SSX) 1.11.8

33 minutes ago, Vtrx said:

The actual effect comes from ssxt_civic_events_2.txt under events, I genuinely don't think ssx_start_of_game_effects.txt even does anything anymore because I can't even get the empire pop kill mechanic to work intended as well.

Super cursed, I've been slowly rebuilding pseudo clone-army effects without overwriting the Stellaris files, it would be so much easier but compatibility with other mods is much more desirable unfortunately.

That's the file, I just deleted the removal of everything and now my people are not limited to one fresh colony.

I can barely make edits to existing mods so unfortunately I am of no help making them clones again.

Edited by Fakenet
On 5/23/2022 at 5:37 AM, AstinGilbert said:

I still suffer from Crashes on new game. I updated the mod with the file of Saint Vtrx, but nothing. Maybe I have the wrong load error, or something.

23 hours ago, mrnastybutler said:

I suffer from crashes on new games as well with 3.4.  I've gone through and found the patches you listed but still having the problem.  

If you don't use UI Dynamic, make sure you download this file in particular and make sure you drop the zipped sexysxenostraits file in the Documents > Paradox Interactive > Stellaris > mod location (this is where the OG mod is installed) and hopefully your OS will alert you that it'll replace a file called planet_view.gui. Otherwise this mod is a great way to test where you should place mods as to not overwrite UI Dynamic! (Totally intended feature by our Lord Toronam!)

I've posted so many files almost randomly across the past pages that even I forget how many files I've posted on this thread, whenever Stellaris does manage to demand an update or whenever I manage to make Gene Slaves origin work a bit better (and not lag the game horribly while doing so) I might make a dedictated post to link back to for everyone's convenience.

7 hours ago, Vtrx said:

If you don't use UI Dynamic, make sure you download this file in particular and make sure you drop the zipped sexysxenostraits file in the Documents > Paradox Interactive > Stellaris > mod location (this is where the OG mod is installed) and hopefully your OS will alert you that it'll replace a file called planet_view.gui. Otherwise this mod is a great way to test where you should place mods as to not overwrite UI Dynamic! (Totally intended feature by our Lord Toronam!)

I do not use the UI Dynamic and have only your mods loading.  I have also used that 3.4 interface patch and it is still crashing.  I even when in again and installed that to overwrite the planet_view.gui and it is still crashing with only your mods installed.  I am using a load order of Sexys Xenos Traits and More, Sexys Xenos, Sexys Xenos Cities, and finally Sexys Xenos Countries.  Those are the only mods I'm using.

Each time I go to start a new game, it gest to loading graphics Loading Map Graphics and crashes.

Is my load order perhaps the issue?

Update: I deleted all my mods, then reloaded everything from scratch.  It is working now using that file you provided.

Edited by mrnastybutler
11 minutes ago, mrnastybutler said:

I do not use the UI Dynamic and have only your mods loading.  I have also used that 3.4 interface patch and it is still crashing.  I even when in again and installed that to overwrite the planet_view.gui and it is still crashing with only your mods installed.  I am using a load order of Sexys Xenos Traits and More, Sexys Xenos, Sexys Xenos Cities, and finally Sexys Xenos Countries.  Those are the only mods I'm using.

Each time I go to start a new game, it gest to loading graphics Loading Map Graphics and crashes.

Is my load order perhaps the issue?

Update: I deleted all my mods, then reloaded everything from scratch.  It is working now using that file you provided.

Well that's totally not concerning to hear, well it's at least great to know you got it to work!

I know it may not be the fault of SSX itself, as I use quite a few mods, however my game crashes every time I attempt to vassalize another nation - specifically when choosing their specialization.

I do use UI overhaul dynamic

I installed the patches provided in this comment: 

I can post the crash log if needed. There's no way I'm intelligent enough to understand what's going on in the crash log

13 hours ago, TheNamelessLegend said:

I know it may not be the fault of SSX itself, as I use quite a few mods, however my game crashes every time I attempt to vassalize another nation - specifically when choosing their specialization.

I can post the crash log if needed. There's no way I'm intelligent enough to understand what's going on in the crash log

this may be a different issue then mine, but i was having the same type of crash on ascending a primitive. The new ui pops up with an event box; then crashes as soon as you clear the box? the only way to fix it for me was to disable UI overhaul ironically.

On 5/26/2022 at 5:21 PM, TheNamelessLegend said:

Same here... I don't exactly know why it's doing it either but anytime I get a vassal it crashes after a few seconds

4 hours ago, Foxlider said:

Same here... I don't exactly know why it's doing it either but anytime I get a vassal it crashes after a few seconds

I am not very good at dissecting the crash log, but from what I gathered it was something to do with the UI looking for a resource icon but failing to find it. Take that with a HUGE grain of salt though as I am barely competent at this. I was able to get rid of the isue by disabling UI overhaul at least. Have not had time to hunt down any other CTD bugs on my game though.

I've been digging through my crash logs, because i've also been having the random crash. After a couple games I found it -usually- happens when you subjugate another country, but after a lot of looking and some specific googling, I think I've located the culprit - the game has a hard cap country count of 100.

[17:39:13][country_gui_cache.cpp:180]: Country count 101 greater than preallocated count 100, increase the latter

This fires, and then a whole bunch of one country trying to either create another country through whatever means. I'm no expert on stellaris code. Right now I'm trying to locate where this cap is saved to see if I can increase it and try if that works.

5 minutes ago, Promenade said:

I've been digging through my crash logs, because i've also been having the random crash. After a couple games I found it -usually- happens when you subjugate another country, but after a lot of looking and some specific googling, I think I've located the culprit - the game has a hard cap country count of 100.

[17:39:13][country_gui_cache.cpp:180]: Country count 101 greater than preallocated count 100, increase the latter

This fires, and then a whole bunch of one country trying to either create another country through whatever means. I'm no expert on stellaris code. Right now I'm trying to locate where this cap is saved to see if I can increase it and try if that works.

You'd think this wouldn't be a problem, but I think every single enclave, unique alien, etc. is coded as a country, so it fills up quick.

On 5/27/2022 at 4:25 PM, Vtrx said:

If you guys could link your crashlogs and mod list I might be able to figure out what mod is causing the shenanigans.

If you are still willing I would like to take you up on that offer of a crash log check. I have been fiddling with my load order but failing miserably at finding the issue.

load1.PNG

load2.PNG

load3.PNG

load4.PNG

load5.PNG

load6.PNG

load7.PNG

error.log

Edited by Ozvelpoon

Roughly two thirds of the error log is about stars or planets.

The planets have errors in "generate_pd_start_deposits_and_blockers".

Not 100% certain but from a glance"~Utility:clear_deposits Replacement" is likely involved at some capacity.

Roughly another third is about ship components or ship classes, either invalid or not found.

I am not 100% which mod might have caused that, but it is likely "only" a missing patch for the UI mod.

A few lines mention missing presets for modest clothes for government types.

That one is situational nudity.

Gigastructual Engineering in the past has thrown unexpected errors.

Judging from the error log, it might be the case here as well.

Visible by a few lines that complain that "katzen" is defined in an event but not possible at some planets.

My advice is to ditch Gigastructual Engineering for a test and try again.

Edited by JesusKreist
14 hours ago, JesusKreist said:

Roughly two thirds of the error log is about stars or planets.

The planets have errors in "generate_pd_start_deposits_and_blockers".

Not 100% certain but from a glance"~Utility:clear_deposits Replacement" is likely involved at some capacity.

Roughly another third is about ship components or ship classes, either invalid or not found.

I am not 100% which mod might have caused that, but it is likely "only" a missing patch for the UI mod.

A few lines mention missing presets for modest clothes for government types.

That one is situational nudity.

Gigastructual Engineering in the past has thrown unexpected errors.

Judging from the error log, it might be the case here as well.

Visible by a few lines that complain that "katzen" is defined in an event but not possible at some planets.

My advice is to ditch Gigastructual Engineering for a test and try again.

8 hours ago, requiemfang said:

PD error looks like a Planetary Diversity related issue. Maybe try unsubbing and resubbing to the mod to help with that? sometimes Steam screws up with downloading files when a mod updates.

Much appreciated! I will make the changes and try another test.

My guess for the ship section errors are from one of two "AT WAR" mods. They have been abandoned and resuscitated a couple of times so they may no longer be fully compatible. None of these mods are make or break for me which is a nice surprise; if I can figure out Gigastructures then I will try and get it back in but its not worth game crashes to get it. 

I've painstakingly gone through my mods and narrowed it down to traits and more. If I remove this mod, I can start a new game. If I have traits and more activated, a new game will load to graphics, then CTD. Any idea what might be causing this issue? I've moved the load order around, removed mods, patches, downloaded the patches from here, reinstalled mods, nothing I do seems to work unless I deactivate the mod which I'd rather not do. Here's the last several lines from error.log:

Spoiler

[02:35:41][containerwindow.h:89]: interface/zzz_00000004planet_view.gui: Could not find instantTextboxType "overlord_upkeep" in window "pop_job_info".
[02:35:41][containerwindow.h:129]: interface/zzz_00000004planet_view.gui: Could not find containerWindowType "holdings_build_queue" in window "corporate_window".
[02:35:41][containerwindow.h:129]: : Could not find smoothListboxType "build_queue" in window "".
[02:35:41][containerwindow.h:129]: : Could not find instantTextboxType "no_constructions" in window "".
[02:35:41][containerwindow.h:129]: interface/zzz_00000004planet_view.gui: Could not find containerWindowType "holdings_planet_owner_resources" in window "corporate_window".
[02:35:41][containerwindow.h:129]: : Could not find buttonType "country_flag" in window "".
[02:35:41][containerwindow.h:129]: : Could not find instantTextboxType "holdings_planet_owner_production_output_amount" in window "".
[02:35:41][containerwindow.h:129]: : Could not find instantTextboxType "holdings_planet_owner_consumption_output_amount" in window "".

e: Me and Ozvelpoon seem to have very similar error.logs, but I don't think it's planetary diversity. That's one of the mods I tried disabling and reinstalling but would still CTD right as graphics started loading for new games.

e: Rearranged the load order and no longer suffering from CTD when creating a new game. Now back to CTD midgame. I've updated the load order and error.logs. First error.log is midgame crash, second is loading latest save from that game and CTD.

e: Made it 88 years in game before CTD. No surprise, this was my original reason for messing around with everything. I would CTD midgame then that game would become unplayable. The last error is:

[00:56:16][randomnamedatabase.cpp:804]: Failed to get property 0 for format string "<dictatorial_mil> [This.Capital.GetNamePersistent]"

When I boot up latest save for that game it CTD and the last error becomes:

[01:02:58][army.cpp:314]: Broken Save: Army 1376 parent Pop 1153 doesn't remember them. Adding Army to the pop, this might create OOS

Just took back a planet using an army, but not sure what mod is causing this (if any) or why.

Spoiler

q1.thumb.png.b1f35b6acaad023280d3947c118d7b49.png

q2.png.1375a7fa71ff004e54b745206728407d.png

error.log error.log

Edited by fj40
update

@Foxlider in your case it is roughly two thirds of the error log mentioning some sort of problem with ships, ship parts or stations.

My guess is that one or even several of your ship set mods are out of date and only are not marked because they have a ".X" in their descriptor file.

Or are directly conflicting.

20 hours ago, fj40 said:

e: Me and Ozvelpoon seem to have very similar error.logs, but I don't think it's planetary diversity. That's one of the mods I tried disabling and reinstalling but would still CTD right as graphics started loading for new games.

I have been able to sort out all issues with crashes on startup and loading new games, that was never really my issue so good luck. Unfortunately I am still crashing at various points in game, so I am trying to isolate the mods that are causing the sporadic in game crashes that is preventing me from making any kind of headway. I have a suspicion that it is due to Forgotten Queens (and its patch) as well as SSX, but those are pretty fundamental mods in my game so they would be hard to cut.

I think I need to teach myself the Irony Mod manager... sigh...

Edited by Ozvelpoon

Same as shane, even with SSX traits and more as the *only* mod enabled, the game crashes at loading map graphics on a new game.

Heres hoping this gets fixed since I do like that mod...

Edited by sila