Hello guys, very cool mod :smile:

I am not sure if it has been mention already but maybe it would be a good idea to add an option to disable the mod while the werewolf form... because as a werewolf my character is in pain by walking and running barefoot and its almost not playable ? lol

1 hour ago, Quest_Items said:

Hello guys, very cool mod :smile:

I am not sure if it has been mention already but maybe it would be a good idea to add an option to disable the mod while the werewolf form... because as a werewolf my character is in pain by walking and running barefoot and its almost not playable ? lol

poor werewolf stepped on a thorn! where's androcles when you need him?

7 hours ago, cytochrome_p450 said:

Thanks for the answers! I'll tear out ZAZ/DD dependencies since there's nothing else in there that the mod needs.

Do you have a location example?

The most recent experience with this problem occurred along the arctic coastline north of Saarthal.  Also, does your character's feet become tougher in regard to this mod if you do a lot of barefoot running or do you just have to adjust the roughness levels etc. manually to reflect this?  Thanks!

I can't wash my feet in the sacred waters of the Temple of Kynareth.. tho, I can totally bathe there with-- the best bathing mod, in my opinion, KuNeruNomu

Why tf a person would be so petty, dirtying up sacred water, I do not know.

ALSO.. can't seem to reduce staggering and pain. It's like no matter what I set the settings to.. my feet go from fine to sore as balls in a matter of minutes. Maybe that's just me mucking up the equations in the MCM. I dunno.

Minor bug report: you can't wash your feet when you have your excluded "barefoot" item on. After checking the script sources, I see why - while PlayerBarefootQuestScript checks for it, PBFFeetWashEffectScript doesn't. May I suggest moving the test to a simple helper function on its own? Something along the lines of:

Bool Function IsPlayerBarefoot()
	Armor boots = PlayerRef.GetWornForm(0x00000080) as Armor
	return (boots == None || boots == Config.BarefootFootwearException)
EndFunction

That way, if in the future you decide to change the barefoot detection you'll only have to change it in one place.

On 1/13/2018 at 5:16 AM, cytochrome_p450 said:

Yeah, there is a slavetat for each tier of dirtiness. Does the alpha changing trigger the "Please wait while Slavetats works on player" notification every time alpha is changed? Otherwise I could blend between a couple of textures (which would also reduce the cost of maintaining textures for several body types) continuously as a function of dirtiness.

Good idea. I'll chat to the SexLab devs to see if I can copy some of their sounds (since I don't want to include the whole SexLab as a dependency yet).

From it's description it looks like a framework. When I get a chance I'll install it and see what happens.

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/3586-fadetattoos/

What you could do, if you wanted to take the easy route, is just set the "clean feet" spell to work any time, regardless of water. 

Then trust that people will choose to use it only in logical situations and locations. 

On 1/15/2018 at 9:55 AM, MayDayCray said:

ALSO.. can't seem to reduce staggering and pain. It's like no matter what I set the settings to.. my feet go from fine to sore as balls in a matter of minutes. Maybe that's just me mucking up the equations in the MCM. I dunno.

Hmm, for pain the "Increase multipler" in Pain options is a straightaway multiplier, so if you halve it, the pain rate should halve too. There isn't such a multiplier for the stagger chance, I'll add it since that sounds like an obvious improvement.

23 hours ago, chaimhewast said:

Minor bug report: you can't wash your feet when you have your excluded "barefoot" item on. After checking the script sources, I see why - while PlayerBarefootQuestScript checks for it, PBFFeetWashEffectScript doesn't. May I suggest moving the test to a simple helper function on its own? Something along the lines of:

Good idea, will do!

On 1/15/2018 at 7:43 AM, Redd99 said:

Also, does your character's feet become tougher in regard to this mod if you do a lot of barefoot running or do you just have to adjust the roughness levels etc. manually to reflect this?  Thanks!

They do, yeah. The roughness increase by default is 0.1 * pain increase, so after getting the pain up to the maximum the roughness would become 0.1 (and constantly decays by 0.005 per day).

On 1/15/2018 at 1:59 AM, Quest_Items said:

I am not sure if it has been mention already but maybe it would be a good idea to add an option to disable the mod while the werewolf form

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that (my characters almost never get to do that questline). Will fix.

With regards to water detection, my surface detection actually does use water too (it has a very negative dirtiness rate), but that only works when wading around (since the dirtiness increase/decrease is keyed to the running/walking step animations). I'll playtest using that as an extra option for the feet washing spell.

Tore out the ZaZ/DD dependencies, by the way. SlaveTats might take more time since I still need to understand how to call into NiOverride directly, but we'll get there...

2 hours ago, cytochrome_p450 said:

With regards to water detection, my surface detection actually does use water too (it has a very negative dirtiness rate), but that only works when wading around (since the dirtiness increase/decrease is keyed to the running/walking step animations). I'll playtest using that as an extra option for the feet washing spell.

Suggestion: move the spell/hazard detection to helper function and call it separately from step events. It could be then called from WashFeet effect independently of movement. It probably won't work on deep water (no surface?), but casting spells is not allowed in deep water anyway. For that you could use IsSwimming condition if you need it anyway.

43 minutes ago, zax said:

Suggestion: move the spell/hazard detection to helper function and call it separately from step events. It could be then called from WashFeet effect independently of movement. It probably won't work on deep water (no surface?), but casting spells is not allowed in deep water anyway. For that you could use IsSwimming condition if you need it anyway.

I meant that the dirtiness calculations happen with every step. The detection actually runs independently of walking (every second and updates a global) and WashFeet just gets the latest detected surface.

9 minutes ago, Shaoram said:

Is there a way to tag a pair of shoes as barefoot in the mod? I have GitGud's greaves replacer files that change normal shoes into barefooted ones, but I dont think they count as barefooted?

Yes, you can mark one set of footwear as bare

On 17.01.2018 at 12:15 AM, cytochrome_p450 said:

I meant that the dirtiness calculations happen with every step. The detection actually runs independently of walking (every second and updates a global) and WashFeet just gets the latest detected surface.

WashFeet used some GetWaterLevel based method of detecting last time I checked the scripts. [edit] sent you pm

7 hours ago, CuriousGent said:

For some bizarre reason the latest version of this mod causes the classic innkeeper bug (the innkeeper is muted won't take the gold and won't show you the room, the bed stays 'owned').

Yes, i have same issue.

And the werewolves fix worked only after a clean save

First off, Cyto, thanks for the excellent mod!  This is something unique and right up my alley.

That being said, I think I found another bug.  I noticed while in the debug screen that my feet are getting cleaner as I run around on roads and in the wilderness, not dirtier.  I did wait a few days as I was experimenting with the different pain states and what not.  I have no idea if that may be the cause of the strange case of feet getting cleaner by running through dirt...

Edit:  It seems to happen when the surface is cleaner than my feet.

Edit 2:  Waiting for, manually setting, and resting to lower the pain parameter doesn't cause the mod to update the pain spell, either, leaving your feet at the higher level of pain until they tick up to change state again.  Could probably be fixed by setting the mod to check the state every few seconds or on step, if it doesn't already do that anyway.

16 hours ago, Quest_Items said:

Yes, i have same issue.

And the werewolves fix worked only after a clean save

Dammit. Thanks for the heads-up, I'll add save cleaning to the notes. I've no idea why the innkeeper bug happens -- looking at TES5Edit, could this be the reason?

image.thumb.png.a617f4622ea7242b6742c900ba9b79ce.png

4 hours ago, jealco said:

It seems to happen when the surface is cleaner than my feet.

13 minutes ago, jfraser said:

Well, it does seem logical that, if your feet are dirtier than the surface on which they stand, the dirt transfer would go the other way.

Yeah, the dirtiness essentially tends to the surface dirtiness. There are two parameters controlling the rate per step (as a fraction of the dirtiness difference) for when the dirtiness is greater than the surface's and for when it's less than that in settings -> Dirtiness -> Dirtiness Rate. If you don't want the dirtiness to decrease when running on cleaner surfaces, you can turn "When surface dirtiness < feet" down to 0.

4 hours ago, jealco said:

Edit 2:  Waiting for, manually setting, and resting to lower the pain parameter doesn't cause the mod to update the pain spell, either, leaving your feet at the higher level of pain until they tick up to change state again.  Could probably be fixed by setting the mod to check the state every few seconds or on step, if it doesn't already do that anyway.

Good point, thanks. I thought I had caught all edge cases in synching the spell to the pain stat but alas...

3 hours ago, cytochrome_p450 said:

If you don't want the dirtiness to decrease when running on cleaner surfaces, you can turn "When surface dirtiness < feet" down to 0.

I only have the option of surface dirt > feet (not <). This is an upgrade - should I clean save for that option to appear?

Thanks for the info, and glad to help, Cyto.

7 hours ago, SAC said:

I only have the option of surface dirt > feet (not <). This is an upgrade - should I clean save for that option to appear?

It's the option right below that one. The text doesn't display properly for some reason.  If it's not there, I'd uninstall the mod, make a clean save, and reinstall it.  That will make MCM reregister the mod again.

Edit:. Before you do that, go to the debug menu and write down the numbers for your dirtiness, pain, and roughness.  You can then open the console, type set playerfeetdirtiness to x.xxxx, set playerfeetpain to x.xxxx, and set playerfeetdirtiness to x.xxxx to reset the values to where they were before the uninstall.  The pain won't update properly, though, until Cyto foxes those edge cases.