On 4.05.2018 at 9:38 PM, JStryker47 said:

Also, I disagree on that crime factor idea.  It's bad enough that the whole town will jump on your ass for accidentally "stealing" a piece of bread on the table, in a room that you paid to spend the night in.  Besides, my barefoot sorceress has been stopping nightmare curses on townspeople, hunting down master vampires and their murderous subordinates, eliminating violent bandit gangs, and washing her feet regularly throughout.  I think the guards can overlook her lack of shoes.  If anything, the people should be kissing her toes.

I think that from your point of view some features of this very mod might not make sense as well then: vendors and innkeepers refusing their services to you because of your bare feet, while you are a local hero (or even the hero of all Skyrim, if you already finished the main storyline). Any local rules should be followed by everyone, I guess, Thane or not Thane. The crime factor is just a proposition of pushing the barefoot experience a bit further. I suppose it could be optional if someone doesn't like that idea.

On 4.05.2018 at 10:55 PM, MayDayCray said:

Well. I would normally disagree because I find it ridiculous someone would arrest me for baring my ankles.. But it kinda reminds me of the Puritans from the 1800s, tho, Skyrim seems to have a setting quite a bit more ancient than that. It could be fun-- if shoes were much harder to come by.

Really, this mod only makes sense if you roleplay since it's so frick'n easy to acquire a pair of shoes. I only notice it's there when my feet get dirty while farming, walking around the house barefooted for extended periods of time or when I go out jogging to lose weight 

True. You literally stumble over any clothing parts every several minutes - which itself is not a bad idea for an open world rpg with rich character customization mechanics.

I suppose that for the purpose of this mod it could be combined with some kind of restrictive item (like the slave collar mod that can be found somewhere on Loverslab), which punishes you for wearing shoes - a cursed magical ring / bracelet that won't go off once you put it on. It could involve a quest to find a way of lifting the curse.

Well, it's just a crazy idea (and probably quite difficult to create as a mod), but definitely could be fun.

• 3 weeks later...

Soo... when shopkeepers refuse service with this mod, they say "For you, nothing. Maybe a pair of shoes."

So! Is there a chance to make them actually sell you a pair of shoes if you got the coin? :) (perhaps simply via a dialogue option, and only for general and clothing merchants).

On 4/28/2018 at 11:10 AM, billmelater7 said:

Can anyone help?  I'm new to a lot of this and I've got this mod working with CBBE, except that the feet never get dirty.  I do have the three required mods for this, but nothing seems to help.

EDIT:  I've read everything on this that I can find.  I think the issue might be with the Slavetats mod.  When I pull that up in MCM, it's completely empty.  Is there another download I'm supposed to have?

Empty lists sounds like you lack JContainers, which you can find on the Nexus.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
14 hours ago, letterman said:

Is there a way to turn off the notifications? I'm constantly getting them and they drown out other notifications.

I have the same problem and it made me turn the mod off on my lvl50+ character, however when I start a new game the problem disapears and the mod works perfectly, so probably just start a new game.

• 2 weeks later...

...So, it would be nice to have some sort of faction-based check for vendor type before making them refuse service...

For instance, make it so food vendors (who are not innkeepers) and skooma dealers would not refuse service.

Some "shady merchants" added by "Inconsequential NPCs" are already exempt from this due to not using the vanilla vendor dialogue, which is nice.

The drug dealers added by "Skooma Whore", however, refuse to serve you, which is kind of lame.

3 hours ago, Nymra said:

Hmm, when I used it the animation events from barefoot realism always broke the DD items like yokes/armbinders. How is that working for you? 

Oh, that. Yeah, I see what you mean now.

To be honest it doesn't bother me too much. I don't like the stagger very much anyway so I put the chance of it happening very low.

A whole lot of mods break the animation of the yokes/armbinders, so I just learned to live with it.

I mostly use this for the dynamic dirty effect, honestly.

3 hours ago, SelosTeef said:

Oh, that. Yeah, I see what you mean now.

To be honest it doesn't bother me too much. I don't like the stagger very much anyway so I put the chance of it happening very low.

A whole lot of mods break the animation of the yokes/armbinders, so I just learned to live with it.

I mostly use this for the dynamic dirty effect, honestly.

The stagger was one of the features I liked most to be honest. Today I try to fill the gap with devious device effects. 

The dynamic dirt is one thing, tho. But afaik it only applies dirt to the feet, no? 
I had to drop all dynamic dirt mods (Bathing in Skyrim and similar, even the dirt function of Sluts is affected) because it is incomaptible with cum effects (you either have cum effects on the PC or dirt, both seems not to work for reasons that still escape me). 
I apply dirt manually through Slave Tats (the only way to make dirt working with cum effect textures that I found).

• 1 month later...
On 9/5/2018 at 5:10 PM, MayDayCray said:

I so wanna keep this mod but I can't get dirt to show on my foot mesh of choice

would anyone know the fix?

On 9/5/2018 at 6:42 PM, jealco said:

Unfortunately, there isn't one, short of making a texture for that foot mesh.

And chtochrome has been MIA for months, so there's a good chance this mod is abandoned now.

I noticed that the dirt textures apply on the nail mesh and not the foot mesh (since my toenails were painted black) I gotta figure out how to change the file path. As a quick fix, I simply gave the foot priority over the nails.. as in I moved it above the nail meshes in Outfit Studio. It ruins nail polish overlays, but my quick fix for that is to change the colour of the toenail texture with paint.net or something. And so that no basic bitches have the same colour as me.. I use exclusive mesh and texture file paths for player ??

• 3 months later...
On 1/16/2018 at 2:58 PM, cytochrome_p450 said:
On 1/14/2018 at 8:59 PM, Quest_Items said:

I am not sure if it has been mention already but maybe it would be a good idea to add an option to disable the mod while the werewolf form

Oh yeah, completely forgot about that (my characters almost never get to do that questline). Will fix.

Did this ever get fixed? I was in Wolf mode earlier and it was triggering pain as if I was BF.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 5/7/2018 at 12:58 AM, overlot115 said:

I think that from your point of view some features of this very mod might not make sense as well then: vendors and innkeepers refusing their services to you because of your bare feet, while you are a local hero (or even the hero of all Skyrim, if you already finished the main storyline). Any local rules should be followed by everyone, I guess, Thane or not Thane. The crime factor is just a proposition of pushing the barefoot experience a bit further. I suppose it could be optional if someone doesn't like that idea.

True. You literally stumble over any clothing parts every several minutes - which itself is not a bad idea for an open world rpg with rich character customization mechanics.

I suppose that for the purpose of this mod it could be combined with some kind of restrictive item (like the slave collar mod that can be found somewhere on Loverslab), which punishes you for wearing shoes - a cursed magical ring / bracelet that won't go off once you put it on. It could involve a quest to find a way of lifting the curse.

Well, it's just a crazy idea (and probably quite difficult to create as a mod), but definitely could be fun.

I know I'm being a serious necromancer to this thread and conversation, but, for those of you who pointed out that shoes were too easy to come by...

I can safely suggest Momoman1's Mortal Weapons and Armor - 

as an acceptable solution to the problem.  It makes it so that all weapons and armor have durabilities, and wear out both over time and in combat.  As a bonus, it also has a suitability system which assigns all clothing a gender and weight, that your character must be within a specified range of in order to wear.

Suddenly, 95% of all those pesky shoes in the world aren't wearable.  You're wildly better off crafting something, than you are finding something on a bandit or just by casually strolling into someone's home.  It's the mod that finally made me appreciate Barefoot Realism, as I couldn't just kill a random bandit and put shoes on again.

23 minutes ago, jealco said:

I know I'm being a serious necromancer to this thread and conversation, but, for those of you who pointed out that shoes were too easy to come by...

I can safely suggest Momoman1's Mortal Weapons and Armor - 

as an acceptable solution to the problem.  It makes it so that all weapons and armor have durabilities, and wear out both over time and in combat.  As a bonus, it also has a suitability system which assigns all clothing a gender and weight, that your character must be within a specified range of in order to wear.

Suddenly, 95% of all those pesky shoes in the world aren't wearable.  You're wildly better off crafting something, than you are finding something on a bandit or just by casually strolling into someone's home.  It's the mod that finally made me appreciate Barefoot Realism, as I couldn't just kill a random bandit and put shoes on again.

Even so it's absurdly easy to get rich in Skyrim. You could easily pay a tailor or blacksmith to refit some shoes you've decided to lift from a corspe somewhere. 

You've got to jack up Skyrim's economy. Make thieving harder and more punishable. Pay hold and property taxes. Significantly lessen the amount you can carry and give gold weight.

If a vendor refuses to do business with you due to dirty feet and your Skyrim isn't as harsh as described above? You're just roleplaying

On 4/6/2019 at 1:25 PM, MayDayCray said:

Even so it's absurdly easy to get rich in Skyrim. You could easily pay a tailor or blacksmith to refit some shoes you've decided to lift from a corspe somewhere. 

You've got to jack up Skyrim's economy. Make thieving harder and more punishable. Pay hold and property taxes. Significantly lessen the amount you can carry and give gold weight.

If a vendor refuses to do business with you due to dirty feet and your Skyrim isn't as harsh as described above? You're just roleplaying

I've been encountering that problem, as well.  MWA makes some things a lot harder, but even with Scarcity running, it only takes me an hour or two to make money not a problem again, despite me never touching a quest.

There's a brand-new mod I just came across that looks to be way more customizable, and touches a lot of things.  https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/96891?tab=description

That mod was apparently made with iNeed and RND in mind, but touches everything, in an effort to make survival much harder.  I'm downloading it now, to see if it sufficiently jacks up Skyrim's economy.

Add in SkyRealism - Capacity mod - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21224/ - and I think I'll have made it sufficiently difficult to carry things and make money.  Think.  I'll have to test it some today.

Belated update on this:  With the extra listed mods, the game is much harder.  Still need to find a good quest gold rebalance mod, but so far this pack has made money a good bit more difficult to come by.  It's worth a shot, for those of you still grappling with how easy it is to just bypass Barefoot Realism.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...