Petition To Revoke EA's Star Wars Licence

DickTracy

The sad part is that LucasArts is now owned by Disney.  Disney never met a dollar it didn't like, has whored out the Star Wars franchise to all kinds of companies for merchandise & marketing, and likely only cares that EA has deep pockets compared to most video game companies.

That said, I'll sign.  Nothing changes if nobody acts.

Just short of 62,000 signatures now.  This one has enough traction that it could go somewhere.

4 hours ago, Shadowhawk827 said:

The sad part is that LucasArts is now owned by Disney.  Disney never met a dollar it didn't like, has whored out the Star Wars franchise to all kinds of companies for merchandise & marketing, and likely only cares that EA has deep pockets compared to most video game companies.

And my family wonders why I hate Diz-knee. Besides their veiled sexism, racism, and then their laughable attempt at trying to sue artists who used their characters in images for free online sharing.

It's got my signature. I never liked Evil Arts; they've earned their reputation for lousy quality assurance and pushing things out the door before it could be finished beginning with the first ever EA Sports cartridge. Look at the cut content from KotOR 1&2 both. Not little things, either, but huge portions of both games that were removed simply because the developers couldn't finish them in time to meet with an arbitrary deadline. Then there's the way they've handled SWTOR. 'Nuff said.

1 hour ago, srayesmanll said:

Did ya'll know that EA is coming out with their own console?  I got a pic of their prototype:

img5a13b9c73af07.jpg

We (half) laugh, BUT...  You watch.... Somebody WILL release a console with a credit card port on it to "Make it easier and more convenient for our customers to purchase online content"

2 hours ago, Shadowhawk827 said:

We (half) laugh, BUT...  You watch.... Somebody WILL release a console with a credit card port on it to "Make it easier and more convenient for our customers to purchase online content"

Or link it directly to your bank account so giving up your money is just a click away.

3 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Or link it directly to your bank account so giving up your money is just a click away.

They already do that.  SO does Steam (saved payment info... which given all the data breeches nowadays should NEVER be done).  Credit cards though...  That lets people take money from people that don't even have it.   Mark my words, we'll end up with card readers on somebody's console, lol.

Star Wars Battlefront 2: Wall Street worried about Sales figures due to angry player

Nov. 16, 2017 at 6:11 pm Wall Street analysts are worried about the situation surrounding the online shooter Star Wars Battlefront 2. After a meeting, Electronic Arts did not want to make any more sales estimates, so investors are now skeptical. The annoyance of the players due to the Lootboxen and the general criticism of the game makes the stock market suspicious.

Electronic Arts and Dice are currently working hard to mitigate the situation of the Lootboxes of the online shooter Star Wars Battlefront 2. Because the annoyance of the customers has meanwhile reached Wall Street.

http://www.pcgames.de/Star-Wars-Battlefront-2-2017-Spiel-60678/News/dice-wall-street-online-shooter-besorgnis-verkaufszahlen-1243807/

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - retail version sold in the UK 60% weaker than its predecessor

Star Wars: Battlefront 2 - Micro-transaction controversy damages sales figures, analysts fear

German websites full of it! ;)

This whole thing puts things into perpective, though. I mean, if "Fuck Bethesda", then you can't physically fit enough of the word "fuck" on the planet to accurately describe EA.

But yes, the reaction, and that Hawaii, Belgium and Australia now consider lootboxes gambling and thus needing government regulation makes me very happy. Shame that it had come this far, but at least something is finally happening.

4 hours ago, shadowlord445 said:

This image is still relevant

Oh, Westwood and Pandemic.

And since EA won't give this shit up, similar reaction can be expected for Anthem, which means that BioWare will soon join that list. Then again, maybe it's a mercy to release that zombie from it's suffering.

14 minutes ago, Deso561PL said:

Remind me when last time internet petition worked? Never?

Hundreds, if not thousands of times on change.org

Don't pretend the system is that broken because you don't want to be involved.  The fact that gamers caused a 3 billion drop in value in EA shows people have power too.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein

28 minutes ago, Shadowhawk827 said:

Hundreds, if not thousands of times on change.org

Don't pretend the system is that broken because you don't want to be involved.  The fact that gamers caused a 3 billion drop in value in EA shows people have power too.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it." - Albert Einstein

Maybe in short term, but no in longer.

4 hours ago, ToJKa said:

And since EA won't give this shit up, similar reaction can be expected for Anthem, which means that BioWare will soon join that list. Then again, maybe it's a mercy to release that zombie from it's suffering.

BioWare is already a slave "subsidiary" of EA, just as Bethesda is a subsidiary of Zenimax. Anything that hits EA hits them. Shit rolls downhill.

Archived